Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,769 members, 7,955,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (54908 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Fajzay: 3:02am On Mar 31, 2013
adaobi123:
Unlike British airways ! Can you imagine, during the whole flight I only had a cup of juice at the beginning and water during dinner. And I asked for more juice and they stinkly refused.

Try United Airlines, you'll know how far?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 31, 2013
Fajzay:

MOST US airlines suck in in-flight service.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 31, 2013
CFCfan:
MOST US airlines suck in in-flight service.
Exactly, it's not even news.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 31, 2013
^^^^

easy bruh, easy grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by DAVE5(m): 7:46am On Mar 31, 2013
Obviously the poster is jst being a hater
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Kechybee(f): 8:05am On Mar 31, 2013
Abeg dis is not a Nigerian thing. I pray ‎​U enter plane wit Asians, na there ‎​‎​‎​U go knw how far. They will so irritate and annoy ‎​U.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 31, 2013
slimyem: What makes it justified?He was even mannerless to have read through the girl's messages.
Besides,haven't you met or seen nastier people?
Didn't u read? The girl left ha fone on his arm prob the arm chair and it beeped. Probably the light was on and d message came in so he read it. It happens. U cud read a msg unintentional.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bapsjuninho(m): 9:01am On Mar 31, 2013
which airline did u fly with am sure it was cheap AF!
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2013
Fajzay:

United ? Im not in America
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 31, 2013
Hehehe pple forming on this thread. The closest some of them have been to being on a plane is games on ur neighbour or ur cousin's PS...grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 31, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Hehehe pple forming on this thread. The closest some of them have been to being on a plane is games ur neighbour or ur cousin PS...grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Litmus: 11:45am On Mar 31, 2013
obowunmi: OP: great topic.

I made the mistake of sitting next to a FAT, OBESE, FAT Nigerian woman and it is a day that I will never forget.... she had no teeth so her mouth smelt really bad, like the pit latrine. She kept farting and I couldn't tell if it was her mouth or her fart.... then she rested her head on my shoulder and kept spreading her FAT OBESE thighs... I said" ma'am, pls restrain yourself to your seat now, I'm a bit uncomfortable..."

This woman starts shouting... "I will strangle you to death...I said ehn..." aaaaahnn... there's more to the story. undecided undecided undecided

Total lies. Actually, lies as fat as that fat woman of your imagination.Seems more like some racists wet dream.

And that thing about farting,if anything,and this is gospel,whites seem to do it quite a lot, they have no compunction about farting right where they stand if wind takes them. It's as if they find it bizarre that one should think it obscene for them to release air because it is some how natural and dangerous not to do so. It never occurs to them that one does not mind them farting, as long as they find someplace private.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Hehehe pple forming on this thread. The closest some of them have been to being on a plane is games on ur neighbour or ur cousin's PS...grin grin grin
LWKMD
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by obowunmi(m): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
Litmus:

Total lies. Actually, lies as fat as that fat woman of your imagination.Seems more like some racists wet dream.

And that thing about farting,if anything,and this is gospel,whites seem to do it quite a lot, they have no compunction about farting right where they stand if wind takes them. It's as if they find it bizarre that one should think it obscene for them to release air because it is some how natural and dangerous not to do so. It never occurs to them that one does not mind them farting, as long as they find someplace private.

Not lying... gba be! wink wink
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Fajzay: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
Kechybee: Abeg dis is not a Nigerian thing. I pray ‎​U enter plane wit Asians, na there ‎​‎​‎​U go knw how far. They will so irritate and annoy ‎​U.

Spot on. I do take take SAA from Jo'burg to Angola frequently at a time and most times you have a good number of chinese passengers on that route. Good luck to u if they make up 80% of the total pax. They can be so unruly, irritating and difficult to put in order. They exhibit most of the traits listed by the OP. Only, I haven't seen them clapping o or shouting PRAISEEEEE the LORDDDDD!!! @ landing. grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by AjanleKoko: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2013
Nigerians can be pretty self-critical sha. undecided
All these things are not really unique to Nigerians. I see them all the time.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Gbenge77(m): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
chucky234: Arik na big name dem carry like BA,but dem try pass BA for planes,those BA planes be like Sosolisso molue.
I guess you are talking about the 747-400,they deploy on the LOS LHR route.I think BA wants to maximize profits,and thats why they consistently deploy those jets on that route.And considering that they fly the mordern 777s to some parts of Asia and North america,one wonders why they cant deploy them on thE LOS route.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
Gbenge 77: I guess you are talking about the 747-400,they deploy on the LOS LHR route.I think BA wants to maximize profits,and thats why they consistently deploy those jets on that route.And considering that they fly the mordern 777s to some parts of Asia and North america,one wonders why they cant deploy them on thE LOS route.
They will never deploy a 777 model to fly LOS route because they are bias goon who sees Africa and Africans as being in inferior species,got so much hate for those as$hole Brits.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
chucky234: They will never deploy a 777 model to fly LOS route because they are bias goon who sees Africa and Africans as being in inferior species,got so much hate for those as$hole Brits.

The 777 is way cooler than the 747-400, that's why Emirates utilize it (777) for their Lagos-Dubai.
But the 747-800 is the ultimate game changer; what a sleek aircraft it is.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by ogaju007(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Hehehe pple forming on this thread. The closest some of them have been to being on a plane is games on ur neighbour or ur cousin's PS...grin grin grin

grin grin grin ok my turn to form... try flying apollo then youll know how far grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by cenobs007(m): 5:55am On May 30, 2013
Jollof: Like me, I bet you've all run around with your bathing towels wrapped above your shoulders like a cape and pretended to be Superman (and if you haven't then it's never too late!). Ever since I was a little brat I wanted to take to the skies. Air travel is the next best thing and I'm always looking forward to having a glass plastic cup of ice-cold apple juice which always tastes better at 10,000 feet. What could possibly disrupt this moment of long-awaited bliss? Cue the Nigerians... On my recent return trip from New York alone I encountered 7 annoying things Nigerians did on the plane:

1. Securing beds...in Economy Class! There's a game Nigerian passengers play whenever they're on-board a semi-full airplane - It's kind of similar to Musical Chairs...but without the music. Passengers snub the seats assigned to them and scout for a stretch of three to four empty seats before take-off. Handbags and other luggage items are strategically placed on empty seats in the hope for that Business Class experience - pathetic.

2. Making dramatic Nollywood scenes. Whoever said 'Rules are meant to be broken' must have been a Nigerian. We're pretty damn good at breaking rules...into smithereens, just for good measure. There was one woman sat at the front of economy class with her less-than-a-year-old baby. She put her baby down on the empty seat next to her when the seat belt light was off (not sure if that's proper in the first place but I'll let her off on that one). The moment the seat belt light was back on, however, one of the air hostesses called her to order and told her to strap her baby in place - RED ALERT! RED ALERT! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! You knew from the way the irritated mother turned her neck with that 'oh-no-you-didn't' expression all over her face that cabin pressure was under serious threat. Needless today she told the air hostess to mind her own business - ironically, that's what the air-hostess was trying to do in the first place...Safety of passengers...DUH! I can't remember if the thud I heard later on was due to turbulence or because the baby had rolled off the chair...

3. Taking pictures. You can imagine trying to enjoy a good book when suddenly the corner of your eye picks up the flash photography of some newbie whose obviously hell-bent on convincing everyone back in Nigeria that he/she indeed travel abroad. Newsflash! There may be people with photosensitive epilepsy on-board or nearby pilots wondering if there is a terrorist hijacking, with one unfortunate Nigerian who decided to break one simple rule 'DON'T MOVE!' (go figure!)

4. Farting. It's bad enough you left your assigned seat at the front and decided to come behind me and stretch yourself across four empty seats. Now you're so generous as to share your flatulence with me in small doses of ammonia-laced farts...not a one-off...periodic discharges which could catch choke me unawares if I dare yawn. FYI, avoid fizzy drinks on the plane if you know you can't handle your abdominal tract like few pros among us.

5. Drink to stupor. Is it the sheer pettiness of wanting to get one's money's worth that would make a passenger drink like a fish? (Remember, its Nigerians we're talking about here). Of course, it's not the drinking that bothers me but the mindless banter and laughter at completely 'unfunny' things that drives me up the Berlin wall (just like that - after a couple of drinks you'd be in stitches when you read 'drive me up the berlin wall').

6. Leaving toilets unlocked. Common sense consistently fails to prevail when most Nigerians use the airline's restrooms. It all boils down to refusing to acknowledge the instructions/directions carefully displayed all around them. It's quite simple - you enter the restroom and close it behind you. Right there on door is a slide lock which denotes 'Slide left to lock and right to open'. Why wouldn't I be interested in making sure that no one accidentally sees my 'bits'? Didn't they notice the green 'vacant' or the red 'occupied' sign before entering the lavatory? At my last count I've walked in on 3 unfortunate passengers who forgot to lock behind (but they all did once I exposed them...makes you wonder, eh?).

7. Sitting ovation. I'm not sure if you can relate but you're nearing your flight destination and as soon as the plane lands successfully passengers around you start to clap until virtually everyone joins in. Why are they doing this, you ask? beats me - for landing safely or for not crashing into the deep blue sea or for getting their money's worth after usurping the mini bar...I dunno. The clapping is cheesy in my opinion. I'd much prefer passengers go one by one to shake the pilot(s) for a job well done plane well-landed.

And coming in at a surprise number 8 is Irregular exercise. Make no mistake about it, Nigerians are terrified about premature death, more so than the average civilian (if that makes any sense). I've seen the most bizarre repetitions performed from kicking mid-air to punching only your left arm over the seat head in the same direction. Deep Vein thrombosis is no laughing matter so I guess all I have to do is close my eyes next time if I don't want to behold seemingly amateurish 'Kung-fu'.

See you on the next flight and God help you if you're sitting next to me, lol.

Aba! Oga Jollof Rice, You nor go use laf kill person, so tey i nor fit laf again, but wait to, to be sincere, you sure say nor be u do ALL THESE 7 ANNOYING THINGS for that airplane? enn Oga Jollof Rice? LOL
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2013
OP learn to mind your business, it is not peculiar to Nigerians alone. If the airliner is not compalining, how dare you come here to rubbish Nigerians image. I have seen pictures of celebrities scattered on the internet, taken from different angles inside an airplane. People drink on airplane because they paid for it, so because you're a nigerian, you shouldn't fart inside the plane? OP abeg e nor easy to buy air ticket, please let people snap on board.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by virginofafrica(m): 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
Please try and have respect for your country

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by embassyman(m): 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
I believe , all these is just for us all to know u have travelled once, no wahala, incase u come back from Ghana next time, pls come and tell us what happened in Ghana, we shall read, thanks

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by AnOlderAmerican(m): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
The things you describe are human nature and universal not peculiar to Nigerians.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by toygod2: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
lol, I wont do that when it gets to my turn

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The New Nigerian International Passport: The Truth And The Lies By AutoReportNG / Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident / Photos: See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.