Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Salafee Imam Visits Church - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Salafee Imam Visits Church (1799 Views)

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made / Earthquake Prank On Muslim Imam / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Rafidi: 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
Soulja-boi:

As salaam alaykum,
I believe we should stop using the word Salafist and Salafism . These two terms have been used to depict Muslims in bad light.

We should rather adopt the terms;

Salafee - This is a person who adheres to the teaching of Islaam in the light on the Sunnah of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and the teaching of the pious predecessors.

Salafiyyah - This is the creed of the Salafee.

Also, we should know that the present situation of things have called for the use of these terms. We may argue that "we are Muslims, because that is what Allaah called us"; no one is disputing that, but due to the different ideologies springing up on a daily basics, we need to distinguish ourselves from the crowd.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was reported to have said in a lengthy Hadeeth " ..... my Ummah would split in to 73 sects, but ONLY 1 would be saved. They are those who are upon what I am upon and those alongside with me, and those who are with the Jama'ah "

Those who were alongside the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم are our Salafs {predecessor} in the religion, and they should be followed because they had a better understanding of the Religion.

Over the years, different sects have risen and have rubbished the image of our beloved Predecessor; saying they had disbelieved in the very thing they shed their blood in propagating. They conned different lies to discredit them and as a result called the Word of Allaah {Al-Qur'an} lies. Yet they call themselves Muslims just as we do too.

All these fact have led to the reinforcement of the word Salafee.

May Allaah ease our affairs and rectify our deeds

You obviously lack education. grin

Salafee,salafi,salafiyah,salafist,salafism and wahhabi and wahhabism refer to the same thing.

Sunnite,sunni,sunnism,ahlus-sunnah wal jama'ah refer to the same thing.

Shia,Shi'ite,shi'ism,Ja'fari,Ja'fariyyah,Imamiyyah,ithna-ashariyyah,refer to the same thing.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by tbaba1234: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mee234: a beg i won ask, is tbaba a salafiyah

tbaba is a muslim, i follow the quran n the sunnah.

1 Like

Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by LagosShia: 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
tbaba1234:

tbaba is a muslim, i follow the quran n the sunnah.

Haba! My friend don't play that game,because I will not mind exposing you and putting our friendship on the bench wink

Are you ashame? Or is it the usual trick your (salafist/wahhabi) people/preachers use to deceive the unsuspecting Sunnis?

I am proudly Shia of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) and I also follow the Quran and Sunnah.is there a Muslim who would agree to tell you he doesn't follow both the Quran and Sunnah? You're not Shia,and that you will agree to it.and you're Sunni.and the path you tread is that of Sunnis who follow the salafist/wahhabi manhaj/path/ideology.

Don't let me go on the search of your previous posts.just admit it.your claim of Quran and Sunnah,to portray your ideology as nothing but pure Islam only works with the unsuspecting or those who lack knowledge.I also follow Quran and Sunnah but how come we don't agree on many things? In fact even Sufi Sunnis and mainstream Sunnis who the Salafists/Wahhabis disagree with both also say they follow Quran and Sunnah.so whose following or "Quran and Sunnah" is correct? Please admit the obvious or I bring your past posts to testify against you.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
^^^ I was kinda expecting a yes or no answer myself i.e;

Mee234 and fellis: Tbaba are you a Salfiyyah?

Tbaba1234: Yes/No

The end.

I don't mean any offence, I just want to know if LagosShia's claims are true.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by LagosShia: 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
fellis: ^^^ I was kinda expecting a yes or no answer myself i.e;

Mee234 and fellis: Tbaba are you a Salfiyyah?

Tbaba1234: Yes/No

The end.

I don't mean any offence, I just want to know if LagosShia's claims are true.

Great post.

So let tbaba answer with a yes or not.does following the "Quran and Sunnah" and tbaba being a Muslims amount to a denial you're not salafist? Please tbaba yes or no.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Souljaboi1: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
fellis: ^I was wondering the same thing.

You say it like it's a bad thing, or is it ?
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
Soulja-boi:

You say it like it's a bad thing, or is it ?

I simply made a comment.

I didn't say it as if it is a bad thing or a good thing.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by ParisLove2(f): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
vedaxcool: Wahabi king visits Vatican;

Pope Benedict XVI met on November 6 with King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia: the first meeting ever between a Roman Pontiff and a Saudi monarch.

In a formal statement released after the meeting, the Vatican said that the Pope's 30-minute talk with King Abdullah, held in the library of the apostolic palace, had been conducted in "a cordial atmosphere," allowing the two "consider questions close to the heart of both sides."

Prior to the meeting, Vatican officials had quietly confirmed that the Pope would press the Saudi monarch to ease restrictions on religious freedom. The Saudi monarchy, which takes pride in its role as custodian of Islam's holiest shrines, at Mecca and Medina, forbids any public manifestation of other religions. The 1.2 million Christians living in the country (most of them foreign workers) are not allowed to build churches, hold public services, or wear religious jewelry and insignia.

The official Vatican account of the Pope's meeting with King Abdullah referred only obliquely to the question of religious freedom, saying that the two had discussed "inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue aimed at peaceful and fruitful coexistence." The statement also mentioned the "positive and industrious presence of Christians" in Saudi Arabia.

King Abdullah stopped in Rome during a tour of European cities. At a dinner hosted by Italy's President Giorgio Napolitano on the eve of his visit with the Pope, the Saudi monarch had said that he was hoping to strengthen inter-religious dialogue. "If everyone followed the principles of their religions, and did what Allah ordered, the world would be freed of conflicts," he said.

The Saudi leader has taken a keen interest in the peace process in the Middle East, and the Pope's talk with Abdullah included a discussion of "the need to find a just solution to the conflicts affecting the region, especially that between Israelis and Palestinians," the Vatican reported.

Although no Saudi king had ever visited the Vatican before today's historic meeting, Abdullah himself had met with Pope John Paul II in 1999. At that time, although his formal rank was crown prince, Abdullah was the de facto head of the Saudi government, since his brother and predecessor, King Fahd, had been crippled by a stroke in 1995. Abdullah became king upon Fahd's death in 2005.

After his meeting with the Pope, King Abdullah spoke separately with the Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, and with the Secretary for Relations with States, Archbishop Dominique Mamberti.

Saudi Arabia is one of the few countries in the world that does not have formal diplomatic relations with the Holy See.

www.catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?recnum=54597

So has the mornarch agreed to ease the religious retriction imposed on Christians? Are they now allowed to build churches, hold public services, wear their religious insignias without any fear of persecution?

It'd really suck to know that the custodian of islam holiest shrine misunderstands the religious freedom they claim islam preaches. sad
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by tbaba1234: 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
I do not identify myself with any of those terms, i am simply a muslim. I do not strictly adhere any madhab, I do not hold on to any label except muslim.

I follow the quran and the sunnah, simple. The salafi are also part of ahlus sunnah wa jamaah, but the name calling is divisive, I feel.

Fellis, No, I do not call myself salafi or any other name. I do not have a prefix. I am a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by deols(f): 4:50am On Apr 01, 2013
I'd say d above is good enough
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by maclatunji: 7:05am On Apr 01, 2013
@Fellis, I am interested in your research about sects. Kindly let me know your findings when you are done.

Don't be surprised by this post. I have been observing how you have been asking questions on several threads over an extended period of time.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2013
maclatunji: @Fellis, I am interested in your research about sects. Kindly let me know your findings when you are done.

I was conducting a research about sects?

I had no idea.

Don't be surprised by this post. I have been observing how you have been asking questions on several threads over an extended period of time.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by maclatunji: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2013
^Now you know.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Souljaboi1: 11:01am On Apr 01, 2013
Rafidi :

You obviously lack education. grin

Salafee,salafi,salafiyah,salafist,salafism and wahhabi and wahhabism refer to the same thing.

Sunnite,sunni,sunnism,ahlus-sunnah wal jama'ah refer to the same thing.

Shia,Shi'ite,shi'ism,Ja'fari,Ja'fariyyah,Imamiyyah,ithna-ashariyyah,refer to the same thing.

I lack education ? Now, that harsh !

You didn't debunk what I posted. AlhamduliLLaah, you are beginning to see reason why we should all adhere to Islaam as practiced and taught by the pious predecessors.

May Allaah make it easy for us all.

I believe the person behind the moniker "Rafidi" would be pleasant and cheerful in real world.

Maybe we could get to meet. smiley
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 01, 2013
maclatunji: ^Now you know.

I have no idea what it is you're getting at.....

If you have anything in mind why don't you just say it?
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2013
Is it not funny how tbaba is the person I asked a question and maclatunji is the one making a big deal out of the whole thing?

The person I spoke to answered me and went away and another person that I did not mention at all during the course of this thread wants to turn the matter into another thing entirely.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by maclatunji: 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2013
fellis: Is it not funny how tbaba is the person I asked a question and maclatunji is the one making a big deal out of the whole thing?

The person I spoke to answered me and went away and another person that I did not mention at all during the course of this thread wants to turn the matter into another thing entirely.

Oh dear! You are quite sensitive. I really meant what I said. I have seen you ask several questions and I know that you must have gotten extensive information and thoughts on the matter.

I am not trying to taunt you my friend. Only speaking my mind and making a simple request.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
maclatunji:
Oh dear! You are quite sensitive. I really meant what I said. I have seen you ask several questions and I know that you must have gotten extensive information and thoughts on the matter.
I am not trying to taunt you my friend. Only speaking my mind and making a simple request.

I am sensitive?

Please bring two questions I have asked about sects on this section before, since you have noticed that I have been asking about sects for an extended period of time.

If you cannot find any link then please just tell me what were the sect related questions I have asked on this section before.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by maclatunji: 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
Let us not derail much. I can send you a mail of such posts when I am idle. I didn't imagine you would react this way to that post. It wasn't intended to cause offence.

#Relax
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2013
maclatunji: Let us not derail much. I can send you a mail of such posts when I am idle.
Please, do find the time to send me that mail.

Salam.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by deSika(m): 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
Soulja-boi:

I lack education ? Now, that harsh !

You didn't debunk what I posted. AlhamduliLLaah, you are beginning to see reason why we should all adhere to Islaam as practiced and taught by the pious predecessors.

May Allaah make it easy for us all.

I believe the person behind the moniker "Rafidi" would be pleasant and cheerful in real world.

Maybe we could get to meet. smiley
my bro, i agree with yu. a muslim is a muslim. stop all this name calling
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
Mohamed el-Beltagi, Secretary of the
Freedom and Justice Party (Photo: Jayson
Casper)
THE COPTIC Orthodox Church and the
Muslim Brotherhood celebrated
Christmas together in churches
throughout Egypt on Saturday, in a
display of national unity.
Christmas, celebrated in Egypt on
January 7, has in recent years been a
holiday of sorrow and worry, with attacks
on churches and an intensifying politics
of religious identity.
Many Copts are fearful over a parliament
dominated by Islamists, who are poised
to claim around 75% of the seats
following a third round of elections.
Two Christmasses ago a church in the
town of Nag Hamadi witnessed a drive-
by shooting that killed six Christians
exiting mass.
A church in Alexandria was bombed last
New Year’s Eve, killing twenty-three.
Yet this year, Christmas passed off
without violence, in a show of national
unity by both church and Brotherhood.
Mohamed el-Beltagi, secretary of the
Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and
Justice Party, told Lapido he would offer
protection and greeting.
‘We will cooperate with security to make
sure there are no attacks on the Church.
Our presence is precautionary, but we
will comfort the Copts after what
happened last year.’
Beltagi stressed there was no ulterior
motive. ‘Protecting churches is a social
and religious obligation. It has no relation
to Copts as dhimmis,’ he said, referring
to the infamous second-class status
accorded to non-Muslims under sharia
law.
Muslim Brotherhood guarding Helwan
Church, Cairo, on Saturday
Hassan Mohamed, the assistant media
coordinator for the Muslim Brotherhood
in southern Cairo, also dismissed any
relation to dhimmi-type protection. ‘We
are here to protect our Christian
brothers, as they did for us in Tahrir.
‘Christians are in the army, so how can
we treat them as dhimmis? The
jurisprudence of reality says this is
impossible. Our scholars will figure this
out later, and it is not appropriate to talk
about it now.’
Infidels
Some prominent Copts expressed
reservations however.
Abouna Philopater (Photo Jenny Taylor)
Fr Philopater of the Maspero Youth
Union, at the forefront of the October
protest in which 27 people were shot or
crushed by military tanks, said that
Copts had always suffered, and would
continue to do so.
‘The problem with the Muslim
Brotherhood is that they hide things and
play games. Some Islamists talk about
protection, while others speak of jizzya,
call us infidels, and refuse to greet us for
our holidays.’
Jizzya is a special tax non-Muslims pay
under Islamic law in exchange for
exemption from the army and a
guarantee of protected status. Payment
renders one dhimmi.
Fr Dawud, a monk in Fayyoum, told
Lapido the Muslim Brotherhood was
active in guarding churches in his city.
‘Perhaps they are trying to win the
sympathy of Christians so we can accept
them and they can reach their goal of
government.’
Bishop Bisenti presides over the Coptic
Orthodox diocese of Helwan in southern
Cairo, and is a close advisor to Pope
Shenouda. The Muslim Brotherhood
guarded his church in conjunction with
the military.
‘The Muslim Brotherhood wants to show
love and we appreciate this.
‘But we say we are in the protection of
God.
‘Of course we do not accept status as
dhimmis; we are one people with
Muslims and citizens of one nation. But
we thank and welcome them in their
effort to offer us Christmas greetings.’
Another Brotherhood spokesman who
was present at Bishop Bisenti’s church to
express solidarity told Lapido: ‘Christians
do not need protection. They need to
see what Muslims have in their hearts
toward them.
‘They have to know we are really like
them. I left my family at home to come
here and share Christmas with them,
and I am happy to do so.’
* The Western media largely ignored the
story of Muslim Brotherhood protection,
as well as its complicated undertones.
Online editions of The Times of London,
The New York Times, and CNN did not
mention it.
Instead The Guardian quoted Pope
Shenouda’s comments during Christmas
mass: ‘For the first time in the history of
the cathedral, it is packed with all types
of Islamist leaders in Egypt. They all
agree ... on the stability of this country,
and in loving it and working for it, and to
work with the Copts as one hand for the
sake of Egypt.’
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
www.lapidomedia.com/node/932

I hope this does not cause more anguish , if good news about muslims makes u sad then something is very wrong with you, and it is called Islamophobia!

And when they meet you, they
say, We believe. But when they are
alone, they bite the tips of their fingers
at you in rage. Say: Perish in your rage.
Certainly Allaah knows what is in the
breasts (all the secrets). If a good befalls you, it grieves them, but some evil overtakes you, they rejoice at it [Aal Imran 3:118-120].
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by ParisLove2(f): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
tongue cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him / Cham Islam : Islam Amongst The Cham Tribe Of Vietnam-cambodia / Islam Have Failed The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.