Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion (660 Views)

Plaetton Was Right! Religion Can Damage The Brain / What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? / How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by deSika(m): 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
this question applies to everyone theist,non theist and atheist.

what guarantees do you have to show that the path you are following is the right one.
how can you convince someone who is searching for a stand to take on religion, that the stand you are taking is the real deal.
if you say religion,then what are the qualities of the right religion
if you say atheism, why
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Uch74(m): 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
Everything the Bible said has always come to past......Christianity is life, light & reality...Every miracle that happened in the Bible has been repeated in my day by the desperate faith of men just as Jesus said.....Over 2,000 yrs after Jesus ascended into heaven,God's word is still changing lives & situations.....If ur religion is not changing lives for good or bringing succor to the hopeless, then it's fake.....
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
Uch74: Everything the Bible said has always come to past......

lol. What might these things be?
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by deSika(m): 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
Uch74: Everything the Bible said has always come to past......Christianity is life, light & reality...Every miracle that happened in the Bible has been repeated in my day by the desperate faith of men just as Jesus said.....Over 2,000 yrs after Jesus ascended into heaven,God's word is still changing lives & situations.....If ur religion is not changing lives for good or bringing succor to the hopeless, then it's fake.....
so you saying that the right religion must change lives for good.
do you mind sharing with us the right 'brand' of christianity.
the last time i checked there were a lot of christian sects all having different doctrines
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Image123(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
musKeeto:
lol. What might these things be?
things like the love of many shall wax cold, like you. Or evil men and seducers will wax worse deceiving and being deceived, still you.
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by achinaboy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
just tired of religion,,,,,,
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by moneyhungry(m): 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
achina boy: just tired of religion,,,,,,
me too.
same sh/it, different toilet.
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by benodic: 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
if your religion is not showing you practical ways of loving your neighbor as yourself despite his religion, race, language or culture, then you are wasting your time there.
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:
things like the love of many shall wax cold, like you and seducers will wax worse deceiving and being deceived, still you.

Hmmmmmm..

You're sure you aren't gay? undecided
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Everfrank(m): 11:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
Any religion whose followers have to be spiritual in order to understand its doctrines smacks of human invention and manipulation. Be wise. Don't just follow any religion just because you are born into it. Carry out a holistic research into the doctrines of all the known religions with an open mind and objectivity. Its only then that you'll be better informed to make the right choice.
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Image123(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2013
musKeeto:

Hmmmmmm..

You're sure you aren't gay? undecided
you're sure you're not going to hell fire when you die?
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 01, 2013
Image123:
you're sure you're not going to hell fire when you die?
Well, if you aren't gay, you should consider it.

Someone has to block the 5hit that spews out from that a55 you call a mouth.
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by wazobiaforu(m): 9:48am On Apr 01, 2013
If you make up your mind to do deep research about all religion or let me say Christianity and Islam - you will end up doing nothing and before you realise it you will become and atheist

My signature
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Image123(m): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2013
musKeeto:
Well, if you aren't gay, you should consider it.

Someone has to block the 5hit that spews out from that a55 you call a mouth.
you'll think you have posted something oh?
Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 01, 2013
Christianity is the only truth. I remember I asked myself similar question when I was still a teenager.Islam is close but I disagree with the whole of the doctrine.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion by deSika(m): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2013
guys pls no foul language. we are all here to learn

(1) (Reply)

Why Worry When You Can Pray / Church Marketing: Pastor Sign Fireman Gives N5,000 To New Members / The Incarnation: Does It Make Sense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.