Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Motivational: Responding To Failure - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Motivational: Responding To Failure (699 Views)

Weakness Or Strength? A Must Read Motivational Story!!!!! / What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? / What Is The Difference Between Motivational And Inspirational? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Motivational: Responding To Failure by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CRITICIZE
Most people say failure is not an option; well it’s an option, you’ve got to “adapt” failure as a part of life. It’s an inevitable Part of life which is bound to happen/ befall an individual at a certain stage in his life. The most important thing is how people respond to failure, your response to failure determines how you will live your life, some people are haunted by their past mistakes, failures and disappointments which ended up destroying their lives. Everyone is bound to fail at some point, yours may be in fifty years, some ten years or even seventy years what matters most is how you respond to it.
Some people respond to failure by committing suicide, others going into drugs, while others just simply accept failure saying “it was never meant to be mine” that’s what the devil wants you to think. But remember God said in the bible Jeremiah 29:11 “for I know the thoughts I have towards you, thoughts of good, not of evil, to give you a future and an expected end” the truth is God didn’t make you a failure, he just brings failure your way as a test, to see how you respond to it. He knows the thoughts he has towards you, he said it in his words, he has never lied and he will never lie. Most of us are suffering today due to our past failures and mistakes.
A wise man once said “no mistake is too quick to recover and bounce back”. Yes I know you’ve applied for admission into that school several times now and your application has being turned down, don’t give up, keep trying and you’ll get in. I know you’ve applied for several jobs but they keep turning you down why not try another option, maybe God wants you to do something else God gave you those hands for a reason, why not put it to work, you have a talent, discover it.
God also said it in his words his ways are not your ways, he’s thoughts are not your thoughts, God works in mysterious ways. When you fail get up on your feet and try again, I know you’ve got a problem, look it in the eye and say “I am bigger than you, you cannot overcome me”. Great men have also failed, even Elijah as great as he was failed. Yes Elijah failed. When Elijah prayed to God to send down rain, the Bible made us understand that Elijah prayed seven times, before God sent down the rain, he wasn’t discouraged when he prayed the first time and nothing happened, NO he kept on praying till the seventh time, the question is, what if Elijah had given up? What would have become of him? The people would have mocked him, they would have mocked God. He didn’t give up that’s a very important life lesson, never give up; it’s not over until the fat lady sings.
If I were asked to give what I consider the most useful bit of advice for all humanity it would be this: accept trouble as an inevitable part of life, when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say “I am bigger than you, you cannot defeat me”. Don’t blame your colour, sex, nation, ex¬¬¬¬-husband/wife, your pastor, relations, friends or anybody; I understand that the natural thing to do is to blame others for your mistakes, failure. Once you hit 30 you really should understand that it’s time to move on, at 50 its just silly to think that your parents or anybody is still to blame for your mistakes. You are who you think you are, so think the best for yourself and move on.
Re: Motivational: Responding To Failure by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
Even I have failed, I have failed several times, but God never fails. God says in his word that he has given us authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome the power of the enemy, failure is the enemy, God has given you the power to overcome failure, he didn’t say he has given you the power to escape the enemy, no he said he has given you the power to “overcome” the enemy. God already knows it’s going to come your way.
Listen to Abraham Lincoln’s success story. As a young man Abraham Lincoln went to war a captain and returned a private, Afterwards he was a “failure” as a business man, as a Lawyer in Springfield he was too impractical and temperamental to be a success. He turned to politics and was defeated in his first try for the legislature. Again he was defeated in his first attempt to be nominated for congress; he was again defeated in his application to be commissioner of the General land office. Did he give up? No. he continued trying, he was again defeated in the senatorial election of 1854, he still kept on going, and he was again defeated in his efforts for vice presidency in 1856.
He wanted to give up, he was depressed, exasperated. He then wrote in a letter to a friend “I am now the most miserable man living. If what I feel were equally distributed to the whole human family, there would not be one cheerful face on the earth” at the end he became the president of the United States of America. Listen to another success story.
Winston Churchill failed six grade. He was subsequently defeated in every election for public office until he became prime minister at the age of 62. Though it seems late, he still achieved his goal. Never give in, never give in, never, never, never give in nothing, great or small, large or pretty, never give in except in convictions of honor and good sense, put that at the back of your mind, and never ever give up. Listen to this interesting story, Thomas Edison’s teachers said he was too stupid to learn anything; he was fired from his first two jobs for being non-productive. As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked “how does it feel to fail 1,000 times?” Edison replied “I didn’t fail 1,000 times; the light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Winston Churchill once said success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve, that is the fear of failure, failure can destroy your future. It keeps dreams on hold; failure is temporary but quitting lasts forever. Note this words “failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. When you fail you must make a decision that you are going to move on, it won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me I’m moving on with my life.
Success is stumbling from failure with no loss of enthusiasm, Sarah Dessen also said “life is full of screw-up’s you’re supposed to fail sometimes it’s a required part of human existence” you may encounter so many defeats, but you must not be defeated in fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what can you rise from? And how can you still come out of it.
I ask myself this question, if failure is such a terrible thing why is it so important to success? We all know that screwing up is a part of life, but people seem willing to try almost anything to avoid failure. That’s a bad problem, you cannot find an example of a tremendously successful person, and Venture, Company or organization that did not include some tiny mistakes, from small figures to politicians, from governments to small scale businesses, doing it wrong is part of doing it right, failure is the secret to success.
How did the economy produce all the amazing things we have around us, computers, vehicles, cell phones and so on? There were a bunch of ideas, only the good ones grew, but the bad ones were uprooted, so if failure can inspire great men to invent great things why then are you afraid to fail? It seems counterintuitive that most people find it difficult to learn from mistakes, failure.
The way Harford explains that paradox is through a poker analogy “if you talk to a professional poker player, he or she will tell you that the most vulnerable time in a poker game is just after you’ve made a mistake. The devil looks for the time when you are most vulnerable to pounce on your mistakes; he uses his wiles to manipulate you. If the whole process of learning from failure means discarding stuff that’s not working, but in fact our natural reaction is to keep going, to throw more emotional and physical energy behind it. That’s a problem. I was reading a devotional book, when I stumbled on a page where the topic was “what’s your excuse?” the preacher talked about a man called David ring.
David ring is an outstanding teacher and preacher that travels the world inspiring people. He was born with cerebral palsy and it severely affected him as he was growing up. However he overcame it. When he talks, it takes very long to get the words out. When he walks, his legs and arms don’t function properly. He refused to let this disability limit him. He starts his speech with a powerful motivational challenge “my name is David Ring, what’s your excuse? In life people have various excuses why they cannot make it! I have failed before, I have being disappointed before, I’m scared of failing. No matter your fears, keep this at the back of your mind, the goodness of God is greater than your fears. Quit dwelling on your disappointments, failures, misfortunes and start counting your blessings.

(1) (Reply)

Holyspirit / History Of History.... / JAILBREAK (how They Stopped Masturbating)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.