Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant (28340 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by BlueMagic2(m): 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Another slowpoke replaced by another slowpoke
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
I still insist that the channels Tv presenters were unprofessional about the whole issue. They asked him the website first and he couldn't get it. They kept on pestering him for the website in a way to make mockery of him and embarrass him. Note the part the presenter asked a rhetorical question "So there is more than one website for nscdc?" Everyone knows organisations usually have one website.But still, I'll blame shem also for not being smart enuff to intelligently decline to give an answer to a question or not being honest enuff to say he didn't have the answers or infact not knowing the website of an organisation he works in. In conclusion, nobody is above mistakes.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
dayokanu: Did they get permission from his "Oga at the top" before sacking him?
his Oga at the top sacked him.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Dospix(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
Blue Magic: Another slowpoke replaced by another slowpoke
How did u know he is a slowpoke,abi una relate?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by holuphisayor(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
2old4that:

Yes! It shows the power behind social media. Why can't we use it in fighting /exposing corruptions n our corrupt leaders.

Our country will be a better for it!
I had thought about what u jst said 4 a very long time. The internet is a very powerful tool that could be used to tackle corruption in nigeria. Our president is busy empowering himself for the 2015 presidential elections,yet majority don't see this as a wrong move.
I'd never thought corruption in nigeria was in-born neither do i think its an unchangeable situation. My believe is that EDUCATION remains the only way to tackle corruption in nigeria.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Speakup: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
splashbaby: una see wetin people don cause now.

Please lets not be petty or sentimental here, he is the boss in Lagos and he was expected to act as a boss. No one caused any problem for him. yes i agree that no one is perfect even myself, but a simple "I'm sorry the website just skipped my memory" would have saved a lot of mess and shown diligence in service. also he wasn't sacked just replaced, very soon he would be made the Minister of Defense in this same country.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
echibuzor:

What exactly did the Presenters do? Last time I checked, They were doing Their Job...
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
He is supposed to be fired.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
echibuzor:

Actually, Its Twitter you should blame.....
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
sammyzacks: Its a good move . After the psychological trauma he has gone through following the channels interview, a change of environment is a good idea.
hahahahahahahaha. U are wicked o. Dis one no be beta change of environment. Dem send am abroad? Lwkmd
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Dospix(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Becacia_Barbie:
Nairaland contributed too.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by 1shortblackboy: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
eyaaaaa sorry o! make i go learn my company website o i no wan hear story
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
Channels news shey una don dey rejoice?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Mustay(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
12 inches!:
I still insist that the channels Tv presenters were unprofessional about the whole issue. They asked him the website first and he couldn't get it. They kept on pestering him for the website in a way to make mockery of him and embarrass him. Note the part the presenter asked a rhetorical question "So there is more than one website for nscdc?" Everyone knows organisations usually have one website.But still, I'll blame shem also for not being smart enuff to intelligently decline to give an answer to a question or not being honest enuff to say he didn't have the answers or infact not knowing the website of an organisation he works in. In conclusion, nobody is above mistakes.

"PROFESSIONALISM noun(uncountable)

1. The status, methods, character or standards expected of a professional or of a professional organization, such as reliability, discretion, evenhandedness, and fair play.

2. The use of professionals rather than amateurs in any sport etc."

"PROFESSIONAL noun(plural professionals)

1. A person who belongs to a profession

2. A person who earns his living from a specified activity

3. An expert.

adjective

1. Of, pertaining to, or in accordance with the (usually high) standards of a profession.

2. That is carried out for money, especially as a livelihood.

3. (by extension) Expert."

This part of unprofessionalism, I don't get.

Nigerians blasted those journalists at the presidential chat. Even D'banj who's not a journalist was lambasted for nodding his head to every GEJ's 'agama' dance.

These guys anchor the show every weekday. I don't see how they forced him into saying all he said. He even shut them down with "wait, wait" and you said they made mockery of him.

Even journalists who are 'forward', if you know what you're saying, you'll handle them and control the conversational flow.

Journalists are meant to seek information, that's what makes them different from rumor mongers. They CLARIFY things which is why they ask questions!!!
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
12 inches!:
If nobody is above mistake, then quit blaming the channels workers. So, Its also a mistake they churned out a mediocre.
What are we saying? The topic on point was related to people that use d website illegally for job purposes or something like that.
And he was relied upon to tell the public the real website so as to spoil show for scammers but he didnt give the info. So, based on the topic, there is no excuse for not knowing the website. Also, no excuse for thinking a web address can possibly be ww.nscdc, only?
Abeg, more organisations should go through Channels Interview.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by onyinye1: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
The main problem is not by sacking him,how do u know the new person will not do more? Nigeria entirely is 50years behind,our leaders dont alow the younger ones to take charge of any position,untill we know the important of capacity building,we will not move foward.the best resources to invest on in every part of the world is human resources.what is the future of the next generation? No plans.what i will advice this government is to empower the youth to enable us have a good drive,instead of spendin so much money to campaign,let their good work speek for them.wrong people are in the right places,therefor the right places to move us foward is goin in the wrong direction.
For better nigeria,we need to seat up now and make things right.(1)lets start sending our children out to learn skills after nysc (2)invite foriegn investors to come and invest in all states,it will boost our economy.(3)let all the para militry have a training workshop every 2years that will involve the arm forces senior officers as a trainer for 3months.(4)introduce poverty eradication program,engage all the beneficiary as comminity policing member,(5)make it a law for all nigerians to have a national i.d card,befor u open acc with any bank u must have ur national id card,befor u are licence to drive or do any business,u must atarch the copy of nat i.d and everybody must have a pin,local government code,state code and national code.(6) let all the politicians tender their manifest to the public thru all the media before they contest any election.(7) federal govmnt make all garduate sub-staff,by paying them 20k per month and also havin access to gov organisation according to their decipline 4 or 8 tmx a month to keep them bussy.(9)there should be price control in everything.(10) any body who divert public fund like 10million will go for 10years in prisonment,100million go for life in prison,anything above is death by hangin. So help us GOD AMEN
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by DrDee1(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Not cool.
No matter wot people say, i'll still maintain those presenters were fools.
. The presenters did their job but Mr Shem messed up in his response. There are better ways he would have presented himself. He should watch how the like of Atedo Peterside makes his defence before them. Its a wake up call for all.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Solowande(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
@eyencalabar wat is nt fair? there are some basic things we ought to know. hw can a head of govt agency can't or rather do nt know his organisation website... my oga at d top go vex for me if i continue
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mustay: If successful companies and institutions were built on sentiments, they wouldn't have got to where the apex of success.

I've read so many analyses on this issue bit whilst we can't force opinions on each other, I still belong to the school of thought that Mr. Shem messed up his organization big time! Blame my business background but sincerely writing, my objective and unbiased assessment of the show was the Value For Money he gave not to the public.

There are 2 cases that come to mind - a US journalist was mocked for asking silly questions (had Mo'Farah run before she asked) when she interviewed Mo' Farah (Britain's Olympic). She didn't know he was an Olympian because she did not do her homework before she went out. Mo later defended La Tonya for the MISTAKE.

The second is IBM sparing an employee for costing the organisation $600,000. Tom Watson said, "No, I just spent $600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience?"
[https://www.nairaland.com/1242514/should-employee-fired-mistake]

We all make mistakes, we are not perfect but in performance management, merit takes over sentiments. Mr. Shem is a public officer. Those who get to the post where he was don't get there by just jumping there - they earn it. In light of the fake recruitment websites cloning NSCDC as an organisation, this must have been a problem to the NSCDC. This means it must have been brought to the attention of the top hierarchy of the NSCDC.

When you visit the Job board here on NL, you can't but pity those who have been duped by fraudsters. When others tell them a recruiter is fake, they pray for such a person. Some, even reveal that they had already parted with their money and bought new shoes and clothes for some phantom interview/tests.

Are we thinking about how NSCDC is losing money to fraudsters? Are we thinking of those stakeholders who really wanted NSCDC to clarify things? This is no small issue you can wave with the hand. Fraudsters are also stepping up their game.

Mr. Shem needn't be a PRO to know the AUTHENTIC website of NSCDC. However, where I would've been sentimental is if he did not insist on his 'gra gra' with the journalists - I also don't see how the journalists forced him to say all he said. Keywords - humility and pride. Ignorance and arrogance is a terrible mix - Mr. Shem poured these into his cup.

Leadership is not easy but there's a reason why the cap is given to those it fits the most. Lessons can be learnt from all and sundry - if a greater % of Nigerians took their jobs seriously, we won't be where we are now.

"Follow excellence and success will chase you pants down!"©

+100 likes. You just saved me the stress of having to type some long epistle.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by chukxie(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
It's one thing to make a mistake and it's another thing to either be pardoned or punished for it. That man made a mistake. No doubt about it. But did he deserve to be sent packing from his position? I don't think so. He's a product of a system--one that produces half and even quarter baked graduates. There are some so-called graduates here that cannot make simple sentences. They don't even know what 'to be' stands for in English yet they laugh at someone else's mistake. Funny! As for those guys at Channels, God alone knows what bunch of unprofessional lots they have there . A well-trained interviewer should know when an interviewee is at lost to a question being asked him/her. But that wasn't the case in the now famous "My oga at the top" interview. Rather than move on to another question, they kept asking him the same question they were very sure he obviously had no clear answer to. Their persistence in reiterating that question revealed how unprofessional the interviewers were. It was supposed to be an ordinary interview and not a debate!

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by hyelhira: 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
12 inches!:

Stop making wrong assertions (like Mr. Shem). Many organisations have multiple websites. An example is the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) which runs both http://www.nou.edu.ng and http://www.noun.edu.ng and both are valid, depending on what you want to do. I wonder if you even listened to the interview because I didn't see any case of pestering. Or are you just repeating what your 'Oga at the Top' told you?

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
ngozievergreen:
If nobody is above mistake, then quit blaming the channels workers. So, Its also a mistake they churned out a mediocre.
What are we saying? The topic on point was related to people that use d website illegally for job purposes or something like that.
And he was relied upon to tell the public the real website so as to spoil show for scammers but he didnt give the info. So, based on the topic, there is no excuse for not knowing the website. Also, no excuse for thinking a web address can possibly be ww.nscdc, only?
Abeg, more organisations should go through Channels Interview.
LOOL!! true though, if nobody is above mistake, then the same should apply to the Channels TV presenters. That was why Shem was there in the first place, to clarify issues pertaining to NSCDC and their website, how they are working on reducing the amount of scam caused as a result of their numerous websites. Only for the dude to be asked for the main website and he goofed. Now, I'm meant to believe that no one is above mistakes. In a situation like, you have absolutely no excuse for making that sort of mistake. Even if he didn't give a damn about the website, he could have memorized it like it was the answer to a test so that he could dish it out on National TV. The Channels TV presenters did nothing wrong, it's not their job to cover up somebody's lying äss. They only asked a natural follow-up question which was "what is the website of the NSCDC?"

Nigerians, instead of saying the truth as it is, they'd rather act on sentiments and twist the truth. Now, all of a sudden, the Channels TV presenters are to be blamed...smdh.

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by adetsim(m): 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mustay: If successful companies and institutions were built on sentiments, they wouldn't have got to where the apex of success.

I've read so many analyses on this issue bit whilst we can't force opinions on each other, I still belong to the school of thought that Mr. Shem messed up his organization big time! Blame my business background but sincerely writing, my objective and unbiased assessment of the show was the Value For Money he gave not to the public.

There are 2 cases that come to mind - a US journalist was mocked for asking silly questions (had Mo'Farah run before she asked) when she interviewed Mo' Farah (Britain's Olympic). She didn't know he was an Olympian because she did not do her homework before she went out. Mo later defended La Tonya for the MISTAKE.

The second is IBM sparing an employee for costing the organisation $600,000. Tom Watson said, "No, I just spent $600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience?"

We all make mistakes, we are not perfect but in performance management, merit takes over sentiments. Mr. Shem is a public officer. Those who get to the post where he was don't get there by just jumping there - they earn it. In light of the fake recruitment websites cloning NSCDC as an organisation, this must have been a problem to the NSCDC. This means it must have been brought to the attention of the top hierarchy of the NSCDC.

When you visit the Job board here on NL, you can't but pity those who have been duped by fraudsters. When others tell them a recruiter is fake, they pray for such a person. Some, even reveal that they had already parted with their money and bought new shoes and clothes for some phantom interview/tests.

Are we thinking about how NSCDC is losing money to fraudsters? Are we thinking of those stakeholders who really wanted NSCDC to clarify things? This is no small issue you can wave with the hand. Fraudsters are also stepping up their game.

Mr. Shem needn't be a PRO to know the AUTHENTIC website of NSCDC. However, where I would've been sentimental is if he did not insist on his 'gra gra' with the journalists - I also don't see how the journalists forced him to say all he said. Keywords - humility and pride. Ignorance and arrogance is a terrible mix - Mr. Shem poured these into his cup.

Leadership is not easy but there's a reason why the cap is given to those it fits the most. Lessons can be learnt from all and sundry - if a greater % of Nigerians took their jobs seriously, we won't be where we are now.

l really appreciate your explanation you're too intelligent.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by shizzle11(m): 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
alfredo4u: i blame nairalanders 4 dat. U guys escalated d stuff.

Lol...funny but true to an extent
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Malawian(m): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
it is a good thing he was not replaced by an Igbo tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by nosike3(m): 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
chizzyxyy: I rep my oga at the top!! From senate lodge unn..
odenigwe boy!!! I used to rep I house from the top but omo na super lion fins now!!
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by basadenet: 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
The man does not deserve to be replaced because of a small error which anybody can make. It is a pity he is now a victim of circumstances. But he should not be the only one to be penalized. How about the Channels Tv Presenter that brought in a guest to a program only to embarrassed the same guest on the program. is that fair?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Symphony007: 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bobbo: Those channel presenters should celebrate now... There time will come.
they have celebrated enough already. Have you seen their ratings? The guy just made them the number one breakfast t.v program in nigeria.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
@all well, I'll admit I watch a clip of the interview and not the full interview. But I watched enough to see that the interviewers made deliberate attempts to embarrass the interviewee. Any smart assertive person can easily notice that. I'm not in favour of mediocrity. But I can tell u that the interviewers were unprofessional. The high point was when the reiterated what Mr Shem said that nscdc has very many websites. Yes, some organisations av a separate website for every country but we all know that is not the case of the nscdc and even if that is the tone of the question and the body language gave the interviewer away. He was out to embarrass him because they considered him ignorant. She even brought out her ipad to enter a site that we all know is wrong all in a bid to mock him. All that was not needed.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Not cool.
No matter wot people say, i'll still maintain those presenters were fools.
Shot ur trap man! They least of their expectations ws 4 him nt 2 knw a common website, a senior officer 4 dat mata. They meant no disrespect. They've been fake website of the NSCDC on net 4 quite sme time nw, they needed to knw which of the websites is genuine to save the public 4rm being scammed; the reason y the presenters were persistent.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Rimbaldi: 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2013

Seconded. What concerns me most is the fact that he is supposed to be a security operative [/b]who should be vigilant at all times. If he wasn't vigilant enough to notice albeit passively the website address on [b]memos and[b] circulars [/b]tossed back and forth within the organisation, then how can he operate in the field where dangers lurk around? Does it mean he never got or personally opened any electronic memos sent to him from his superiors? He should have humbly told the presenters that he couldn't remember the exact site ad, but would furnish it at a later time and it would have been a more honest goof than the arrogance he displayed thereon. Nigerians and their sit tight mentality, he should have known it was coming to this and done some damage control by resigning honourably with a well written apology for embarrassing the NSCDC. He would have earned more respect instead of pity that some people are now showering on him. But no! He probably had to go cap in hand with some 'elders' to the same oga at the top to beg for his job. Anybody can make a mistake but certain mistakes from certain people can't be overlooked. His major mistake being a dangerous blend of ignorance and arrogance.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Rimbaldi: 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
basadenet: The man does not deserve to be replaced because of a small error which anybody can make. It is a pity he is now a victim of circumstances. But he should not be the only one to be penalized. How about the Channels Tv Presenter that brought in a guest to a program only to[b] embarrassed [/b]the same guest on the program. is that fair?

When Channels tv exposed the decay in the police college lagos, everybody applauded them. None of you people screaming blue murder here complained about embarrassing the police force. Do you know what level of embarrassment it is to show cadets in training eating from buckets like poultry chicks? They are only doing their jobs as journalists and it would appear they are good at it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Will Resist Any Coup- Tinubu / Bandits In Sokoto Burn 42 Passengers / I Am Alive - Yakubu Gowon denies death rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.