Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? (23438 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / .. / What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by MahatmaGhandi: 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
Tusky44: Op forget that oyinbo talk o. If u wan make winshes press u for night eh, go stay near girls hostel.

Especially Nigerian girls hostel. The pattern I take they wound dem na very easy one.

When the winsh (particularly Nkechi or Kemi) come to press their father for night eh, I go just pretend like say dey don overpower their father. Then b4 u know it I go just SHJUMP up from my bed with a very lound JESUS.

The next morning, Nkechi don sick o. Them say she get malaria. grin

laff wan kill me ooo, kai u b case grin

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
Lilimax:
What do you have to say in a situation whereby you had a teriible dream in the night only to wake up with fresh marks on your body? Is that Sleep paralysis My dear witches ahd wizards abounds and we should not be ignorant about them.

Nobody has seen God, nobody has seen the devil, nobody has seen a witch air-borne. All we have to support witchcraft is forced confessions from traumatized poor individuals. Is it only the poor who are the witches and wizards?
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
Billyonaire: My dear friend, you are derailing this thread. Can we simply stick to the thread for now ? You can actually create a new thread for us to battle on logic and how useless it is for any meaningful growth.
Okay. Let's ignore ourselves.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
ezme:

Nobody has seen God, nobody has seen the devil, nobody has seen a witch air-borne. All we have to support witchcraft is forced confessions from traumatized poor individuals. Is it only the poor who are the witches and wizards?

Not just the poor, but the ignorant poor. lol
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 11:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
science has betrayed us and will forever be. Atheist said they dont believe in the existence of God, good for them, Other believers believed in their God, good for them.(christianity, hindu or islam). My dear people, sleep walking is just an excuse used by the devil to deceived us. What will you say about magic, charms, ritualists, satanists etc. They dnt exist, right? And people involve themselves in it on a daily basis. I beg u people (religious people), these atheists are agents who want to get more souls to join them in hell fire. Be warned! If any atheist wants to prove me wrong. Please go to a grave yard by from 1.am to 4.am alone. Bend upside down, looking behind you. If you dont see anything then i will start be an atheist like you. Mumu people
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
mencade5: science has betrayed us and will forever be. Atheist said they dont believe in the existence of God, good for them, Other believers believed in their God, good for them.(christianity, hindu or islam). My dear people, sleep walking is just an excuse used by the devil to deceived us. What will you say about magic, charms, ritualists, satanists etc. They dnt exist, right? And people involve themselves in it on a daily basis. I beg u people (religious people), these atheists are agents who want to get more souls to join in hell fire. Be warned!
I recommend Scientology and Pantheism to you. Study those at your spare time, you seem to have many sincere questions.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
wel, i experience it bt i have neva seen or heard anything in d process. Mayb it's because i usually force myslf 2 wake up quickly by movin my feet then my body cn move too. Though, i wake up scared n i pray abt it bt i'm nt sure it's neceasarily spiritual.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 11:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
mojounited: @OP, can you or anyone else explain to me what kind of "sleep paralysis or sleepwalk" that led to [b]me having the back of head shaved to the size of a human thumb after being attacked by dogs in my dream?[/b] Note that I did note sustain any injury to my skin/scalp, just the hair. Could it have been:

You did not wash your hand after eating and probably used your hair as a napkin unconsciously and you experienced rodent attack. It happens alot in boarding school, legs and hands are gnawed and you won't feel a thing until dawn.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 12:00am On Apr 04, 2013
princetunex: wel, i experience it bt i have neva seen or heard anything in d process. Mayb it's because i usually force myslf 2 wake up quickly by movin my feet then my body cn move too. Though, i wake up scared n i pray abt it bt i'm nt sure it's neceasarily spiritual.
What will you say about astral travel? That its natural? When your spirit leaves your body and go another place, land or country. These are demoic projections. Atheists are devilish tools be warned. Please

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 12:03am On Apr 04, 2013
Billyonaire: I recommend Scientology and Pantheism to you. Study those at your spare time, you seem to have many sincere questions.
Deceiver of the higest order. I will the Bible for you.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 04, 2013
mencade5:
Deceiver of the higest order. I will the Bible for you.
I have covered the entire bible. I read from Genesis to Revelation during my years in Christian Theology.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 12:10am On Apr 04, 2013
mencade5: science has betrayed us and will forever be. Atheist said they dont believe in the existence of God, good for them, Other believers believed in their God, good for them.(christianity, hindu or islam). My dear people, sleep walking is just an excuse used by the devil to deceived us. What will you say about magic, charms, ritualists, satanists etc. They dnt exist, right? And people involve themselves in it on a daily basis. I beg u people (religious people), these atheists are agents who want to get more souls to join them in hell fire. Be warned! If any atheist wants to prove me wrong. Please go to a grave yard by from 1.am to 4.am alone. Bend upside down, looking behind you. If you dont see anything then i will start be an atheist like you. Mumu people

I can take you up on this, if only you would provide a camera man to document the episode.

P.S.: I'm not an Atheist. Just having reasons to question my Christian faith.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 04, 2013
smiley
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Goldenheart(m): 12:15am On Apr 04, 2013
Jeeez ....I ve had this thing severally...n my hallucinations are Dementors. (those Dark flying creatures in Harry Potter)
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by An0nimus: 12:16am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

Was this happening documented? How can we know you are not lying? We cannot just take your word for it. Between, is this neighbour of yours mentally stable? Those could be self-inflicted you know
I do not need to answer your many questions and you don't need to take my word for anything. Go through the thread, I'm not the only one that has seen or was affected by such.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

I can take you up on this, if only you would provide a camera man to document the episode.

The dumbness that lies in this your method of approach is that, in the same vein, normally it should, but it never occured to you to scritunize the statement the scientists have presented us on sleep paralysis. Their is no reason to accept anything to be true, if your presence which necessary must be present is absent in its establishment. That's the error in your reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 12:20am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

You dont need the example men who claimed but deceived in the name of religion to question your christian faith. The heavenly race is an individual race, just do your own part, please your God and do as his words says not as i or any other persons said because we may fail u. let God be the centre of focus.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Asemo11(m): 12:23am On Apr 04, 2013
An0nimus:
I've seen this happen to a very close friend. She was physically injured..like blood and torn flesh. I'll like to have an explanation on this too.
tell ur friend to go and visit the senaguge church of all nation am not joking oh that's a serious mata
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 12:26am On Apr 04, 2013
Billyonaire: I have covered the entire bible. I read from Genesis to Revelation during my years in Christian Theology.
I might be the most knowlegeable on theology and still not be in tune with God Himself. Drop all theories and thesis, let your relationship with him be personal.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 04, 2013
mencade5:
I might be the most knowlegeable on theology and still not be in tune with God Himself. Drop all theories and thesis, let your relationship with him be personal.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 04, 2013
The problem with religion is 'commandment to believe without thinking'. It is this same weakness that will lead to death of religion in the next century, cos 22nd century kids will have no reason to believe without a reasonable doubt. The concept of God and deity as posited by religion is totally true and untrue. Because God is everywhere and nowhere in particular which makes all a part of oneness with the multiverse. The moment we recognize that religion has failed us in our quest for truth, we will learn to embrace other aspects of knowledge that can lead us to the Infinite Oneness of which we are a part of, the thing religion defines as God.

“There is a supreme power & ruling force which pervades & rules the universe. You are part of this power.”

In my own words, we are the atoms that God is made of. We, and the entire multiversal energy derivatives are IT, chose to call it God and you are theist, or not and you are atheist.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 12:40am On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: The dumbness that lies in this your method of approach is that, in the same vein, normally it should, but it never occured to you to scritunize the statement the scientists have presented us on sleep paralysis. Their is no reason to accept anything to be true, if your presence which necessary must be present is absent in its establishment. That's the error in your reasoning.

Firstly, I don't see the relevance of your post to my post you quoted.

Secondly, after going through the assertions in the OP and having experienced sleep paralysis myself. I really find the explanation logical and following through. if you have a better explanation or have worked on sleep paralysis before, let me see your thesis.

Thirdly, coming from a Christian(you sound like one). I find the bolded hypocritical and offensive. Have been brave enough in your life to scrutinize the claims in your bible?

The bible was written by men like this film maker but you have reasons to question his research but accepts you bible in his entirety. That is the credulity that comes with your faith.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 04, 2013
mencade5:
With him ? So God is male ? I can assure you, you lack, knowledge of Infinite Oneness.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 12:45am On Apr 04, 2013
mencade5:
You dont need the example men who claimed but deceived in the name of religion to question your christian faith. The heavenly race is an individual race, just do your own part, please your God and do as his words says not as i or any other persons said because we may fail u. let God be the centre of focus.

I was Christian because I was born into a Christian family. It was my desire to draw near to God that opened my eyes to the flaws in the bible as I started studying it for myself and not just the Sunday and daily devotion routines.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

I was Christian because I was born into a Christian family. It was my desire to draw near to God that opened my eyes to the flaws in the bible as I started studying it for myself and not just the Sunday and daily devotion routines.
So many flaws. So many.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

Firstly, I don't see the relevance of your post to my post you quoted.

Secondly, after going through the assertions in the OP and having experienced sleep paralysis myself. I really find the explanation logical and following through. if you have a better explanation or have worked on sleep paralysis before, let me see your thesis.

Thirdly, coming from a Christian(you sound like one). I find the bolded hypocritical and offensive. Have been brave enough in your life to scrutinize the claims in your bible?

The bible was written by men like this film maker but you have reasons to question his research but accepts you bible in his entirety. That is the credulity that comes with your faith.
The point seems lost on you, brother. What I'm asking for is a little smartness. You can offer that, can't you? If to believe that a thing is true you have to be present , why believe that some other thing, a research, done in your absence is true? Is that too much to ask?

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 04, 2013
Bed calls. Bye Guys.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 12:54am On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: The point seems lost on you, brother. What I'm asking for is a little smartness. You can offer that, can't you? If to believe that a thing is true you have to be present , why believe that some other thing, a research, done in your absence is true? Is that too much to ask?

No, I think you lost the ability to analyse textual information for a few minutes. @mencade5 put up a challenge for someone to go to a cemetery and make a back view in a particular position and report the events that would follow. I offered to take up the challenge with the condition that he provides a camera man to record the event so we don't have conflicting reports. How hard is that to process and what is wrong with that method of enquiry?
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by docxdee(m): 12:56am On Apr 04, 2013
Tiz normal..itz called hypnopompic hallucination
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 1:06am On Apr 04, 2013
Billyonaire: With him ? So God is male ? I can assure you, you lack, knowledge of Infinite Oneness.
Yes HIM and not It. God created in his own image and likeness.
The oneness you quoted is an absurd and debatable word here.
The americans and europeans with their false ideology brougth atheism and you accepted it at face value?
1. They said they dönt believe in the existence of the supernatura but indulge deeply in the use of ooijer board(talking to dead spirit), psychic and fortune telling(2010 world cup, 2012 euro), palm reading and crystal ball reading, organising programs for witchcraftery(e.g. In Netherland, browse google for more info), the practise of occultism and other devilish act (freemasonry, illuminati, church of satan), full moon sacrifice, yoga etc.
Are all these natural? Lets not deceive ourselves
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 1:11am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

No, I think you lost the ability to analyse textual information for a few minutes. @mencade5 put up a challenge for someone to go to a cemetery and make a back view in a particular position and report the events that would follow. I offered to take up the challenge with the condition that he provides a camera man to record the event so we don't have conflicting reports. How hard is that to process and what is wrong with that method of enquiry?
You dey fear, mr Atheist? Conduct a personal test on yourself na. Others have tried it b4. Just do yours and see if you will stand on your atheism. Hahaha
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

Really? This is getting interesting. And Post 94 too, your reply to AnOnimus was for the 'camera challenge' ton. The stench of biasm in thought ooze when you say things like this. 'I will question the authenticity of his claim, but the authenticity of a study performed somewhere, I know not I wouldn't dare question'. To you, how sensible?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose / The Idiocy Of Attacking Oyedepo On CAMA, By Emmanuel Onwubiko / Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.