Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? (23437 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / .. / What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2013
musKeeto:
Funny statement, Rey...
But that's true. 'We question everything so long is not scientific'.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Agrika: 8:59am On Apr 04, 2013
How about waking up with semen-like secretions in your pyjamas, how about sleeping and seeing yourself playing with mermaids and phytons, how about having that sensation of "floating" in the air during the night....... Is not every questions that science has an answer to.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: No, I'm not. Just trying to make you see the inconsistency on display. You are refusing to tow the line you brought into the thread. The initial problem was sleep paralysis, by the way, you inculcated sleepwalking also known as somnambulism. Now, I get confused anytime you mention sleep paralysis, instead of the supposed somnambulism you recommended.
Smh. Rey.. Whats your aim now? To troll?
musKeeto:

I honestly believe you're mixing things up. SLEEP paralysis doesnt address MYSTERY MARKS, it addresses "DEMONIC MASSAGE aka PRESSING"...

I brought in sleepwalking when you introduced mystery marks on the thread...

My patience is running thin, Rey. I clearly differentiated btw both earlier on this same thread.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by donlyone(m): 9:17am On Apr 04, 2013
wiegraf:

It does not exist.

Bring evidence, not anecdotal, and then we're talking. And guess what, once it can be quantified it becomes....natural, or science. Why do you not want deliverance anyways? Isn't that hypocritical? If you think you were being attacked by spirits wouldn't that solve the problem, or do you think the pastors evil agents as well?

Sleep paralyses, lucid dreams, etc etc have been studied in detail*. No spirits anywhere around. It has been observed in lab situations etc, never once has damage/scarring from 'spirits' (in africa or the far-east), aliens (in oyinboland), or whatever, been observed. Why? The spirits/aliens don't show up when the subject is being observed? Notice how these spirits and whatnot never show up once science arrives?

Whatever physical discomfort/scars you perceive you might have gotten, if indeed existed, occurred naturally. You simply weren't aware. For one, you were asleep, you were not even conscious when they allegedly occurred. Before considering spirits that have never been observed by any remotely credible system perhaps you could consider natural causes eg accidents while asleep (mosquito bites, sleep walking, simple movement while asleep), or your inadvertently harming yourself earlier but not noticing, someone else actually harming you while you were asleep, etc etc.

Importantly, don't disregard your imagination blurring the line, translating the situation into what you want to believe happened rather than what actually happened.

*There are even people who claim they are capable of inducing it in themselves at will sef, I'm not sure if their claims have been verified though. I suppose these people are wizards then, no?.

What load of crap.
Its like anything a white man says is true to black people. One research concluded that that black people are not intelligent, another one, that black women are not beautiful, and we accept that rubbish.

Scientists have been known to doctor evidence to support their claims also alot of scientific ideologies are accepted on faith. For instance, on this topic, people are talking about "SELF INFLICTED INJURIES, SLEEP WALKING and SLEEP PARALYSIS in the same logic.

How can you harm yourself physically when you are paralysed?
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2013
^^
How the 4k do you guys read? Where did anyone on this thread explain mystery marks using sleep paralysis?
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Giftedgreen: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2013
Next time you see people that wake up with scars on their body. Please tell them to cut their nails. End of story.

You guys don't know what happens to new borns when you dont cut their nails? They have unexplainable scars on their body, until you cut their nails, ant then it stops. Sum of y'all are realy du.mb and just waitin for a religious explanation for your st.up.idity

p.s, i dnt reply insults
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mko2005: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: Ofcourse, anything becomes a distraction when it deviates from the central defining factor. What we have here is scientific and so it should remain if we are to follow a consistent train of thought.
But I understand that Nairaland atheists are only good at hanging on the shoulders of religion to pass across their point.
By the way, it happened to my neighbour.
You have spoken nothing but the truth !
God will continue to help us
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by donlyone(m): 9:46am On Apr 04, 2013
Don't forget in my earlier post I mentioned expiriencing this with my eyes open.
I could not move any part of my body except for my eyes. There was a weight on my legs.

But then I am not a white man, only white people can articulate their expiriences. A black man does not know what he's talking about.

I guess we will have wait till our Oyinbo overlords document it.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 9:52am On Apr 04, 2013
Atheism is, essentially, a
negative position. It is not
believing in a god, or actively
believing there is no God, or
choosing to not exercise any
belief or non-belief concerning God, etc. Whichever flavor is
given to atheism, it is a
negative position. In discussions with atheists, I
don't hear any evidence for the
validity of atheism. There are
no "proofs" that God does not
exist in atheist circles; at least,
none that I have heard -- especially since you can't
prove a negative regarding the
existence of God. Of course,
that isn't to say that atheists
haven't attempted to offer
some proofs that God does not exist. But their attempted
proofs are invariably
insufficient. After all, how do
you prove there is no God in
the universe? How do you
prove that in all places and all times, there is no God? You
can't. Besides, if there was
proof of God's non-existence,
then atheists would be
continually using it. But we
don't hear of any such commonly held proof
supporting atheism or denying
the existence of God. The
atheist position is very
difficult, if not impossible, to
prove since it is an attempt to prove a negative. Therefore,
since there are no proofs for
atheism's truth, and there are
no proofs that there is no God,
the atheist must hold his
position by faith. Faith, however, is not
something atheists like to
claim as the basis of adhering
to atheism. Therefore, atheists
must go on the attack and
negate any evidences presented for God's existence
in order to give intellectual
credence to their position. If
they can create an evidential
vacuum in which no theistic
argument can survive, their position can be seen as more
intellectually viable. It is in
the negation of theistic proofs
and evidences that atheism
brings its self-justification to
self-proclaimed life. There is, however, only one
way that atheism is
intellectually defensible, and
that is in the abstract realm of
simple possibility. In other
words, the atheist would have to propose that it may be
possible that there is no God.
But stating that something is
possible doesn't mean that it is
a reality, or that it is wise to
adopt the position. If I said it is possible that there is an ice
cream factory on Jupiter, does
that make it intellectually
defensible or a position worth
adopting merely because it is a
possibility? Not at all. Simply claiming a possibility based on
nothing more than it being a
possible option, no matter how
remote, is not sufficient
grounds for atheists to claim
viability in their atheism. They must come up with more than
"It is possible," or "There is no
evidence for God," otherwise,
there really must be an ice
cream factory on Jupiter, and
the atheist should step up on the band wagon and start
defending the position that
Jupiterian ice cream exists. At least we Christians have
evidences for God's existence,
such as fulfilled biblical
prophecy, Jesus' resurrection,
the Transcendental Argument, the entropy problem, etc. There is another problem for
atheists. Refuting evidences
for the existence of God does
not prove atheism true
anymore than refuting an
eyewitness testimony of a marriage denies the reality of
the marriage. Since atheism
cannot be proven, and since
disproving evidences for God
does not prove there is no God,
atheists have a position that is intellectually indefensible. At
best, atheists can only say
there are no convincing
evidences for God that have
been presented so far. They
cannot say there are no evidences for God, because the
atheist cannot know all
evidences that possibly exist in
the world. At best, the atheist
can only say that the evidence
presented so far has been insufficient. This logically
means that there could be
evidences presented in the
future that will suffice. The
atheist must acknowledge that
there may indeed be a proof that has been undiscovered,
and that the existence of God is
possible. This would make the
atheist more of an agnostic
since at best the atheist can
only be skeptical of God's existence. This is why atheists need to
attack Christianity. It is
because Christianity makes
very high claims concerning
God's existence, which
challenges their atheism and pokes holes in their vacuum.
They like the vacuum. They
like having the universe with
only one god in it: themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by dorox(m): 10:04am On Apr 04, 2013
This thread is not about atheism, it's about the reason why we sometimes feel pressed down in our sleep.
I am a christian, but on this issue I am in complete agreement with theist and atheist that have accepted the scientific explanation

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by donlyone(m): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2013
mencade5: Atheism is, essentially, a
negative position. It is not
believing in a god, or actively
believing there is no God, or
choosing to not exercise any
belief or non-belief concerning God, etc. Whichever flavor is
given to atheism, it is a
negative position. In discussions with atheists, I
don't hear any evidence for the
validity of atheism. There are
no "proofs" that God does not
exist in atheist circles; at least,
none that I have heard -- especially since you can't
prove a negative regarding the
existence of God. Of course,
that isn't to say that atheists
haven't attempted to offer
some proofs that God does not exist. But their attempted
proofs are invariably
insufficient. After all, how do
you prove there is no God in
the universe? How do you
prove that in all places and all times, there is no God? You
can't. Besides, if there was
proof of God's non-existence,
then atheists would be
continually using it. But we
don't hear of any such commonly held proof
supporting atheism or denying
the existence of God. The
atheist position is very
difficult, if not impossible, to
prove since it is an attempt to prove a negative. Therefore,
since there are no proofs for
atheism's truth, and there are
no proofs that there is no God,
the atheist must hold his
position by faith. Faith, however, is not
something atheists like to
claim as the basis of adhering
to atheism. Therefore, atheists
must go on the attack and
negate any evidences presented for God's existence
in order to give intellectual
credence to their position. If
they can create an evidential
vacuum in which no theistic
argument can survive, their position can be seen as more
intellectually viable. It is in
the negation of theistic proofs
and evidences that atheism
brings its self-justification to
self-proclaimed life. There is, however, only one
way that atheism is
intellectually defensible, and
that is in the abstract realm of
simple possibility. In other
words, the atheist would have to propose that it may be
possible that there is no God.
But stating that something is
possible doesn't mean that it is
a reality, or that it is wise to
adopt the position. If I said it is possible that there is an ice
cream factory on Jupiter, does
that make it intellectually
defensible or a position worth
adopting merely because it is a
possibility? Not at all. Simply claiming a possibility based on
nothing more than it being a
possible option, no matter how
remote, is not sufficient
grounds for atheists to claim
viability in their atheism. They must come up with more than
"It is possible," or "There is no
evidence for God," otherwise,
there really must be an ice
cream factory on Jupiter, and
the atheist should step up on the band wagon and start
defending the position that
Jupiterian ice cream exists. At least we Christians have
evidences for God's existence,
such as fulfilled biblical
prophecy, Jesus' resurrection,
the Transcendental Argument, the entropy problem, etc. There is another problem for
atheists. Refuting evidences
for the existence of God does
not prove atheism true
anymore than refuting an
eyewitness testimony of a marriage denies the reality of
the marriage. Since atheism
cannot be proven, and since
disproving evidences for God
does not prove there is no God,
atheists have a position that is intellectually indefensible. At
best, atheists can only say
there are no convincing
evidences for God that have
been presented so far. They
cannot say there are no evidences for God, because the
atheist cannot know all
evidences that possibly exist in
the world. At best, the atheist
can only say that the evidence
presented so far has been insufficient. This logically
means that there could be
evidences presented in the
future that will suffice. The
atheist must acknowledge that
there may indeed be a proof that has been undiscovered,
and that the existence of God is
possible. This would make the
atheist more of an agnostic
since at best the atheist can
only be skeptical of God's existence. This is why atheists need to
attack Christianity. It is
because Christianity makes
very high claims concerning
God's existence, which
challenges their atheism and pokes holes in their vacuum.
They like the vacuum. They
like having the universe with
only one god in it: themselves.

Your logic is sound, but etheists don't accept logic which make them look weak even when the logic is undeniable. THEY ACCEPT THEIR FAITH IN FAITH
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by jayriginal: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2013
Im just going to try and cover issues generally as they occur to me. A lot has already been said by musKeeto and wiegraf and others (thanks guys).

Sleep paralysis is well documented and is not some "fancy" white man explanation for spiritual phenomena. Think of it as your mind waking up before your body.

As for the issue of "mystery marks" as they have been called on this thread, that is not such a big deal. However, each case must be dealt with on its own merits. Majority of these marks are probably self inflicted. Without direct observation though, one can only proffer plausible possibilities.

Let me give an example. A friend of mine did a mantoux test for his medicals. Everybody is told not to scratch the arm but he did and the result was horrible. He completely peeled his arm and the spot was raw, red and angry. When I asked him why he scratched when he ought to have known better, he told me he didnt know when he did it and that it was during his sleep he scratched without knowing.

It is also common for people to obtain scratches and small injuries without knowing when such were incurred, only to later discover them.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mko2005: 10:37am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

I can take you up on this, if only you would provide a camera man to document the episode.

P.S.: I'm not an Atheist. Just having reasons to question my Christian faith.
Keep questioning your christian faith with reasoning.Look for a black goat while it is still day !
May God help u and myself to be counted among the saints matching in wen the trumpet shall sound
God help us
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mko2005: 10:43am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

The bible was written by men like this film maker but you have reasons to question his research but accepts you bible in his entirety. That is the credulity that comes with your faith.
If you are not an atheist yet,you will be one soon.
But i pray for you not to be a cast away on the last days !
God help us
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mko2005: 10:52am On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:
I was Christian because I was born into a Christian family. It was my desire to draw near to God that opened my eyes to the flaws in the bible as I started studying it for myself and not just the Sunday and daily devotion routines.
Please can you educate me on these flaws you noticed studying the bible as a 'christian atheist' ?
I want to know some if not all these flaws !
Stil on sleep paralysis !
God help us
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mencade5(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2013
Giftedgreen: Next time you see people that wake up with scars on their body. Please tell them to cut their nails. End of story.

You guys don't know what happens to new borns when you dont cut their nails? They have unexplainable scars on their body, until you cut their nails, ant then it stops. Sum of y'all are realy du.mb and just waitin for a religious explanation for your st.up.idity

p.s, i dnt reply insults
You are dumbest of all people. Lost fowl
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by mko2005: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2013
Giftedgreen: Sum of y'all are realy du.mb and just waitin for a religious explanation for your st.up.idity

p.s, i dnt reply insults
You are giving room for people to insult you by insulting them ! As-per whether you will be insulted,that 100 percent certain but you can decide whether to reply or not as you stated above !
God help us all to make heaven even in our prior unbelief !
God help us
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: Lol@trying to win the argument. That is a most childish thing I don't try to do.
As a matter of fact, you are deliberately missing the point. It baffles me if what you term as true is that which is documented. How did you come about this brother?

Any happening that is not documented can be termed an "allegation" especially when the person making such is ready to prove it. Until it is proven, it remains an allegation. Nigeria got her independence 1st oct 1960. I wasn't physically present but since this event was documented, we generally accept it as true.

You are trying so hard to play an Ihedinobi on me but you just haven't seen the right holes to pick on. Stick to the medical explanation for sleep paralysis or show your private study that indicates it has spiritual inclinations.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Purist(m): 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
This thread oozes so much ignorance, it's unbelievable. With the myriad of threads on Nairaland discussing sleep paralysis already, one would expect that most people would be more informed by now. It's funny to see how many people are so quick to label it a "white man's explanation", especially those that are so "sure" that the scientific explanation is "rubbish" just so they can continue to hang on desperately to their ridiculous superstitions.

Even if we were to accept the "demon/witchcraft pressing" explanation for a moment, the logical thing to do would be to question the intent of this demon or witch. Why would a demon press you at all? And why only while you are asleep? Why not, for instance, when you're driving as someone asked previously? After all, it will be far easier to kill you that way. Or why doesn't it simply slit your throat as you sleep? Or suffocate you? Why just temporarily prevent you from physically getting up? These demons must be really bored, in which case, there's no cause for alarm. cheesy

Now about mystery marks - that's a first for me (amazing the kind of things people imagine in their heads). Thankfully, musKeeto et al have given very sound explanations for that. This reminds me of what happened to me just 2 days ago. I was in the kitchen trying to prepare some food. I had not even started when I noticed some blood on my little finger. Apparently, I had been bleeding for quite some time without realizing it. I felt no pain at all, although I noticed there was a small cut. Had I been asleep, would that count as a "mystery mark" too? smh. As jayriginal said above, it is quite common for people to obtain scratches and small injuries without knowing when such were incurred, only to later discover them. You people really need to do away with this fearful and superstitious attitude and approach to everything you do not understand. Learn to THINK ffs!
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by donlyone(m): 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
@ Purist. Since you know alot about scientific explanations, can you tell us why many researches caried out in the past approved certain things, eg foods and drugs, as good for consumption, but some years down the line are discovered to very harmful to health.

Tell us also, in the case of Cocacola where the company researchers say their product is good for health, whereas, other researshers say it is not, who is wrong since both researches were documented.

I don't believe in superstitions but I know what happened to me.

If you consider it very well you will notice that SCIENCE itself is becoming a religion, afterall, many of its assumptions and ideology are taken on faith and recorded as facts in the face of evidense to the contrary, from EVOLUTION to theories on the age of the earth.

AND LIKE MOST RELIGIONS SCIENCE IS POSITIONING ITSELF TO ERADICATE THE REST. Its theories are always aimed at proving their is no God, and that it has answers to/for evrything. And at some point people will look to scientists the way you look to God. If that happens, then MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
musKeeto:
Smh. Rey.. Whats your aim now? To troll?

I brought in sleepwalking when you introduced mystery marks on the thread...

My patience is running thin, Rey. I clearly differentiated btw both earlier on this same thread.
I can help you make firmly your patience you know. You are deliberately not getting my point.
My point is that, you tend to be arguing sleep paralysis with statements of sleepwalking. Do you get it now?
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

Any happening that is not documented can be termed an "allegation" especially when the person making such is ready to prove it. Until it is proven, it remains an allegation.
Let me make the point clear now. I'm going to work with the above.
I can rephrase your statement to mean that any happening that is documented has been proven to be true.
The 'proof' is the heart of this matter. He must have proved it to some other person. What you are asking for is a proof that will involve you experiencing it. The same should go for sleep paralysis/walking.
What I'm asking for is if these terms you've come to accept have been proven personally to you? I hope you get it this time.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by dj5naira(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
Abnormal.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Plutonium(m): 4:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
When you wake up in the morning and see scratch marks on your body, check two things
(1) the corners of your nails - the tiny sharp growth on the sides
(2) it was NOT a cold night. 100% guarantee from experience. When you sweat a little bit in the night, your skin is way softer, then you scratch and a little sweat goes in and it itches all the more, and meantime you're still half asleep.
This is what happens, don't be a putz.
Use your brain, investigate and ditch those stupid and sickening stories of witches and wizards.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Integrafamoo: 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
It can be spiritual. I have experienced it so many times but sb advised me to always pray b4 going to bed and it works.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: Let me make the point clear now. I'm going to work with the above.
I can rephrase your statement to mean that any happening that is documented has been proven to be true.
The 'proof' is the heart of this matter. He must have proved it to some other person. What you are asking for is a proof that will involve you experiencing it. The same should go for sleep paralysis/walking.
What I'm asking for is if these terms you've come to accept have been proven personally to you? I hope you get it this time.

Documentation was the only form of proof I asked for. It could vary from;
1. Pictures taken to show mystery wounds.
2. Hospital records for treatment of mystery wounds sustained.
3. Police report of incident (spiritual assault)
4. Video evidence of interview of family members, neighbours who were present when the alarm of spiritual assault was raised.

Now which of the above required me to be physically present?

P.S: Try to communicate in an unambiguous language. I think your thought process is distorted. I may just have to tow the Billyonaire line with you.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by StevenJay01(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
obadiah777: I CAN OFFER A SOLUTION. WHEN YOU SLEEP YOU HAVE HEMODYNAMIC ALTERATION. THE HEART BEATS SLOWER AND DOES NOT BEAT SO HARD ( CHRONOTROPIC AND INOTROPIC COMPROMISE ). NUTRIENTS DONT CIRCULATE SO MUCH AROUND THE BODY. YOUR BODY HAS SLOWED DOWN CONSIDERABLY. NOW IF YOU HAVE A NIGHTMARE AND YOU PANIC AND WANT TO MOVE QUICKLY, THIS QUICK REACTION TO A NUTRIENT COMPROMISED BODY FURTHER CAUSES A CRASH IN YOUR DEFICIENCY THEREBY PULLING YOU IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO. THIS IS THE SENSATION OF BEING PUSHED DOWN WHEN YOU WANT TO GET UP. THIS IS EXACERBATED IF YOU ARE AN ANEMIC PERSON WHO HAD COMPROMISED BLOOD SUFFICIENCY TO START WITH
* PLEASE DONT HOLD ME TO THIS EXPLANATION. I AM USING MY COMMON SENSE TO TRY TO EXPLAIN IT LOL *

Fire for your mouth!!!I know u very well.You don't have much stuffs upstairs so next time quote the site you copied it from and stop forming too know
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
Steven Jay01:

Fire for your mouth!!!I know u very well.You don't have much stuffs upstairs so next time quote the site you copied it from and stop forming too know
YOU WISH YOU KNEW ME. KEEP DREAMING. SEE THE BOLDED ? YEAH I DONT KNOW ANYONE WHO SPEAKS LIKE THAT.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by ezme(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
m.k.o2005:
ezme:
I was Christian because I was born into a Christian family. It was my desire to draw near to God that opened my eyes to the flaws in the bible as I started studying it for myself and not just the Sunday and daily devotion routines.
Please can you educate me on these flaws you noticed studying the bible as a 'christian atheist' ?
I want to know some if not all these flaws !
Stil on sleep paralysis !
God help us

I hope this would be enough to make you think for yourself. What i want to put before you is from the bible. Sending you to a link online could be discredited by you so I'm using the bible. The crux of the matter is the message of the gospel which is crucial to the Christian faith.

ezme:

I don't think prophecies from the bible should be used for defense purposes in this discourse. I believe someone try to disprove Jesus would actually tend to reject the bible entirely.

I was reading Mark 16 some days ago (NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION) and when I got to Mark 16:8.

I found this in Parenthesis [The earliest manuscripts and some other witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20].

This teaches me to suspect that someone saw the need to improve on what was initially available. This Chapter borders on the resurrection of Christ. Older manuscripts did not have an account of the appearance of a risen Christ. But newer ones did. This points to Human manipulations;
1. To reiterate the claims of a risen Christ by alleging an appearance.

2. To institute the great Commission in order to propagate an ambition of world dominance.

Mark 16:1-8 talks about Mary Magdalene, Mary mother of James and Salome visiting Jesus' tomb.

Mark 16:9-20 talks about a risen Christ visiting the disciple, giving them the great commission and ascending into Heaven.

^^^^
The claims of the Mark 16:19-20 being absent from older manuscripts was made by the (NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION) and not me.

The conflicting accounts of the Death, resurrection and appearance of Christ by the Four gospels teaches me to suspect that they all cannot be right. When Four people have different accounts of the same event, some of them, if not all of them are lying.
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by wiegraf: 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: Wiegraf, you are trying to miss the point too. The post you are quoting is isolated to the point my friend ezme is trying to pass across. As we've witnessed so far, he questions the basis for a event told by AnOnimus, which is geered towards countering sleep paralysis, to be true, and ends up neglecting to do same for sleep paralysis and somnambulism respectively. The phenomenon we should be out to understand. Now, he's lying on the word 'document' as the divide and determining factor, and the problem is even more complicated. Is the word now the yardstick for measuring true and false events, that I'd like to know?

Oh, ok, Not sure what you're trying to say, but I think it my bahdt. Apologies

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
ezme:

Documentation was the only form of proof I asked for.
Lol.You forget too quickly, ezme.
See how the words you utter betray you. Among the above listed, which were you expecting when you made the demand to accompany our man AnOnimus to the graveyard? Are you following at all?
Re: Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? by wiegraf: 11:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
donlyone:

What load of crap.
Its like anything a white man says is true to black people. One research concluded that that black people are not intelligent, another one, that black women are not beautiful, and we accept that rubbish.

Scientists have been known to doctor evidence to support their claims also alot of scientific ideologies are accepted on faith. For instance, on this topic, people are talking about "SELF INFLICTED INJURIES, SLEEP WALKING and SLEEP PARALYSIS in the same logic.

How can you harm yourself physically when you are paralysed?

Here's some more crap...

You make posts like these, pissing all over our reputation, then complain about people labeling us low IQ'd? My good eediot, you're the very reason other races laugh at us.

Let me make this clear, you do not speak for all of us. And your insinuation that the scientific method is 'oyinbo' is simply ridiculous, my good bushman. Are you saying black man is incapable, and should not be proud of being able to use, simple reason? Only oyinbos can use the scientific method? Black man cannot get into a lab and do these things himself neh? You do seem bent on using your foolishness to prove that point though, I'll give you that.

Ok, ok, let's examine our history a bit. Your jazz men's method of inquiry (which you seem to think is superior to the 'oyinbo' one, aka the simple scientific method, or common sense), has always been... interesting?

For instance, they killed some goats, danced around, did some cold reading (if they even bothered), smoked something, then armed our ancestors with spiritual bullet proof vests. They don't seem to have worked, the vests all failed spectacularly and we were duly colonized and enslaved.

I can only imagine the vests didn't work because oyinbo man's guns weren't spiritual. Their guns and bullets were very, very real, scientifically confirmed and tested. Just like the medicine you so hypocritically use immediately you fall sick, the tv system which entertains you, the computing devices that help you do your work, the engineering behind cars, etc, etc. All the good things the scientific method has given you.

Now, after being battered by the white devil in such a fashion, a rational man would reason that invisible, intangible, nonexistent bullet proof vests work only against invisible, intangible, nonexistent bullets, no? But here's the best part, even after the white man showed quite a lot of our ancestors these guns, showed them how they work, maybe even showed them how to build them, explained all the physics and whatnot behind it, guess what? Some of them still insisted that they lost the wars because......the white man's jazz was superior.

We now return to the modern day, were the descendents of these proud warriors with inferior jazz to the oyinbo's are debating the scientific method and spirits. Observe, what I posted earlier

THE ARTICLE I ALREADY POSTED EARLIER:

The researchers used drugs to "switch off" these receptors in rats and discovered that the only way to prevent sleep paralysis during REM was to shut both types off at the same time. What that means is that glycine alone isn't enough to paralyze the muscles. You need GABA, too.

In other words, they've been able to stop sleep paralyses, they've demonstrated they have an understanding of how it works and have even manipulated it, they have provided natural explanations, they can reproduce their results, etc, etc, yet here you are still claiming spirits did it?

Really, wtf is wrong with you?

As for some potential candidates to explain your mysterious, ojuju inflicted scars other than the obviously not culpable sleep paralyses, here;

THE SAME ARTICLE I ALREADY POSTED EARLIER, AGAIN:

Understanding this alphabet soup of neurotransmitters is important for people who have sleep disorders, especially an odd condition called REM behavior disorder. In this disorder, people don't become paralyzed during REM sleep. That means they act out their dreams, talking, thrashing and even punching or hitting in their sleep.

Note, sleep disorders, not just sleep paralyses. And people usually have more than just one of these disorders, here's wiki

wiki:
Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Google the bolded if you don't know what they are. In other words, any of these things could potentially cause scars. And like already stated earlier, you wouldn't have been able to notice anything because you were.....asleep. The doctors who've studied this condition though, have never documented spirits scratching anyone before. But of course, you don't trust them as;

donlyone:
Scientists have been known to doctor evidence to support their claims also alot of scientific ideologies are accepted on faith.

Interesting? So to what aim would they hide this jazz if they've ever encountered it? Are you suggesting they are colluding with the spirits?

I'll ignore the fact that to compound on your already rank hypocrisy I pointed out earlier, you also follow oyinbo gods blindly, without any proof, and accept them as the most powerful, respectable beings in this universe. This while the gods of your ancestors have nothing better to do than become winchies. You do this yet have the gall to claim others, after using their brains to examine the evidence no less, blindly follow 'oyinbo'.

Just, oga, please stop reducing our collective IQ. Even chimps would be laughing at us....
Ahh, too much english....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose / The Idiocy Of Attacking Oyedepo On CAMA, By Emmanuel Onwubiko / Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.