Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son (2950 Views)

Dunamis Pastor’s Wife Bans Members From Hugging, Pecking In Church / Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Conversation Between An Atheist Professor And His Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 6:28am On Apr 06, 2013
From_Guiriga:
As a representative, how come he did not heal the child, like Jesus said that those could do if they believe? He did say they would do greater works...

Grow up.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 6:30am On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

Even Jesus was never refered to by the bolded......angry......

But Abraham, Paul and John were referred to as "Fathers."

What is wrong in following these examples?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 6:40am On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

But Abraham, Paul and John were referred to as "Fathers."

What is wrong in following these examples?

Did you see adjective used by your ilks??.......HOLY.??.....they caLl him holy FAther........

Can you give me one good reason why a title that is reserved for the almighty alone be arrogated to one sinful imperfect man??............

Besides apostle was like a Father to those whom he helped learn the truth and not anybodys Father......no one ran around paul calling Him holy Father.........
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 7:22am On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

Did you see adjective used by your ilks??.......HOLY.??.....they caLl him holy FAther........

Okay, so your problem is not that the Pope is called "Father", but because "Holy" is added to it?

ijawkid: Can you give me one good reason why a title that is reserved for the almighty alone be arrogated to one sinful imperfect man??............

I dont see where it was mentioned that the title "Holy Father" is reserved for God alone. Can you please show me?

And I see where the Bible calls many people "Holy"...and they were all sinners. Is the Bible sinful too?

ijawkid: Besides apostle was like a Father to those whom he helped learn the truth and not anybodys Father......no one ran around paul calling Him holy Father.........

Was Abraham also "like a father" or "Father?"

If he was "Father Abraham," was he Holy Father Abraham or Sinful Father Abraham?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2013
From_Guiriga:
As a representative, how come he did not heal the child, like Jesus said that those could do if they believe? He did say they would do greater works...
Did u attend primary education at all?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by deebrain(m): 8:01am On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

Oh...so now it is the Pope you will accuse us of worshiping...not just Mary, statues, rosaries, candles etc.

You sound like the Pharisees. The more Jesus went about doing good, the more they found one fault or the other.

Im moved to call u a baby chicken but i would restrain myself. Did u actually read what i posted before talking? If u, on yr own, listed mary etc that u are also known to worship these things-is that not a pointer that something is wrong with u people? I did not even mention anything regarding those things-its the pope issue im focussed on. I will not restrain myself to say u are as blind as a bat because I COMMENDED THE POPE FOR HIS GESTURES AND HUMILITY TO DATE-HE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT A CHURCH LEADER SHOULD BE LIKE. He is a good man BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM GOD!
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by deebrain(m): 8:11am On Apr 06, 2013
seriously im shocked seeing arguments going this way. Does it mean, seriously, that when the anti-christ comes up, christians themselves, upon their knowledge of scripture, will worship him like the bible suggests? I used to think the anti-christ will come at first like a revolutionary leader. Im just thinking-if he comes as a popular church leader, HE GO HIT HIM TARGET WELL with what im seeing here.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 8:35am On Apr 06, 2013
deebrain:

Im moved to call u a baby chicken but i would restrain myself. Did u actually read what i posted before talking? If u, on yr own, listed mary etc that u are also known to worship these things-is that not a pointer that something is wrong with u people? I did not even mention anything regarding those things-its the pope issue im focussed on. I will not restrain myself to say u are as blind as a bat because I COMMENDED THE POPE FOR HIS GESTURES AND HUMILITY TO DATE-HE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT A CHURCH LEADER SHOULD BE LIKE. He is a good man BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM GOD!

...And who has made him God?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Ubenedictus(m): 8:48am On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

Can you give me one good reason why a title that is reserved for the almighty alone be arrogated to one sinful imperfect man??............

Besides apostle was like a Father to those whom he helped learn the truth and not anybodys Father......no one ran around paul calling Him holy Father.........
so you are not aware that the bible calls xtians "the holy ones"?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by deebrain(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

...And who has made him God?

When u give an expression, attention, or activity u would normally give to God to something else, u have made that thing God. Start reading from the begining of the thread.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 9:57am On Apr 06, 2013
deebrain:

When u give an expression, attention, or activity u would normally give to God to something else, u have made that thing God. Start reading from the begining of the thread.

In the Bible, God is known as the "Bridegroom" of his "bride," Israel.

According to you, using the expression "bridegroom" to describe men who are getting married means making them God.

God is referred to as "Lord" so using that expression for a judge in a law court means making him/her God.

Very very poor and wrong thinking.

I have read the thread from the beginning and I havent seen anyone that has made the Pope God. Show me who.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by TableLeg(m): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

omg..i'm so not gonna laugh. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

you are so wrong for this!! grin grin

You laughed already!!! tongue
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 11:20am On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

Okay, so your problem is not that the Pope is called "Father", but because "Holy" is added to it?

I dont see where it was mentioned that the title "Holy Father" is reserved for God alone. Can you please show me?

And I see where the Bible calls many people "Holy"...and they were all sinners. Is the Bible sinful too?

Was Abraham also "like a father" or "Father?"

If he was "Father Abraham," was he Holy Father Abraham or Sinful Father Abraham?

literally speaking Abraham was a Father...he gave birth to a whole generation...your pope is just an imperfect celibate....Jesus says call no one Father....do u guys have dust in your ears?...

only God deserves that title....Jesus even would refuse such titles..but as usual your proud popes would gladly accept it....
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2013
Ubenedictus: so you are not aware that the bible calls xtians "the holy ones"?

so that means iI should start calling you with title HOLY?

HOLY ubenedictus...lol...

its like saying that because the scriptures says ye are gods,i should then start calling u god ubenedictus....

besides why should the pope be called your Father?..did he in anyway sire you?....
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

literally speaking Abraham was a Father...he gave birth to a whole generation...your pope is just an imperfect celibate....Jesus says call no one Father....do u guys have dust in your ears?...

I dont get you. Can we call men "Father" or can we not?

ijawkid: only God deserves that title....Jesus even would refuse such titles..but as usual your proud popes would gladly accept it....

But Jesus was called "Eternal Father" in Isaiah 9:6, even though he was celibate. Show me where he refused the title.

Also, you havent shown me where God said "Holy Father is a title only reserved for him." Or were you just lying as usual?

Was Father Abraham "Holy Father Abraham" or "Sinful Father Abraham?"
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 11:40am On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

so that means iI should start calling you with title HOLY?

HOLY ubenedictus...lol...

its like saying that because the scriptures says ye are gods,i should then start calling u god ubenedictus....

besides why should the pope be called your Father?..did he in anyway sire you?....

Are you saying Christians are not "holy ones?"
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by deebrain(m): 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

In the Bible, God is known as the "Bridegroom" of his "bride," Israel.

According to you, using the expression "bridegroom" to describe men who are getting married means making them God.

God is referred to as "Lord" so using that expression for a judge in a law court means making him/her God.

Very very poor and wrong thinking.

I have read the thread from the beginning and I havent seen anyone that has made the Pope God. Show me who.

Very very poor and terrible sight u have. The starter of the thread (i wont state names) mentioned in the first page that the pope is "the representative of jesus christ" which sparked off an issue since as some of u are now acknowledging that we are all holy people SO THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A SINGULAR REPRESENTATIVE OF JESUS-WE ARE ALL REPRESENTATIVES. Someone now talked of the pope as "our holy father" which is d title of reference given to God now given to d pope. Unless u call the pope "our holy father" because of mere courtesy because of his status as head of a church, calling him "our holy father" because to u, u think he is more holier than u and is now yr mediator to God-IS WORSHIPING HIM AS GOD (jesus christ).

U people are hypocrites! Why then did members of the catholic church and CAN denounce Rev. King (irrespective of his personality)for giving a title "his holiness" among his names? Since u now say there is nothing wrong with d pope bearing it? What makes the pope more different than any global general overseer?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
deebrain:

Name d activities and attensions
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
deebrain:

Very very poor and terrible sight u have. The starter of the thread (i wont state names) mentioned in the first page that the pope is "the representative of jesus christ" which sparked off an issue since as some of u are now acknowledging that we are all holy people SO THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A SINGULAR REPRESENTATIVE OF JESUS-WE ARE ALL REPRESENTATIVES. Someone now talked of the pope as "our holy father" which is d title of reference given to God now given to d pope.

"Lord," "Father," "Bridegroom" etc...(and there are many more) These are all titles of reference given to God.Are you still standing by this statement of yours?

deebrain:

If so, why do you ascribe these titles to men?

deebrain: Unless u call the pope "our holy father" because of mere courtesy because of his status as head of a church, calling him "our holy father" because to u, u think he is more holier than u and is now yr mediator to God-IS WORSHIPING HIM AS GOD (jesus christ).

How do you know that I believe the Holy Father is holier than me and that I worship him as God? Show me where I or any other Catholic has ever said that the Pope is holier than anybody else and we worship him as God. You guys just make assumptions in your head and say that is what Catholics believe. If you will hate our beliefs, at least hate our true beliefs. Dont hate what you have wrongly concocted in your brains and call them our beliefs.

deebrain: U people are hypocrites! Why then did members of the catholic church and CAN denounce Rev. King (irrespective of his personality)for giving a title "his holiness" among his names? Since u now say there is nothing wrong with d pope bearing it? What makes the pope more different than any global general overseer?

Show me evidence of Catholics denouncing Rev. King for calling himself "His Holiness."

And bear in mind that what individual Catholics say may not be the official Church position.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by 1MCN: 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
From_Guiriga:
It's so sad that this generation look for signs and wonders alone and this singular disposition and ideology has derailed more christians than scandals and blasphemy and heresy all put together, and the only sign they'd see is that of Jonah says Christ.
How come we only believe it's only when we touch a sick and they are healed then we can say even greater things than Christ have they done. Christianity is a rich stew of talents and gifts and apostolate. We heal by songs, show of charity, exhortation, teaching, exorcism, etc.
Even Paul admitted that he was not called to baptize. I wonder how that sounds to you.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

I dont get you. Can we call men "Father" or can we not?

Don't you get Jesus' words??.....don't arrogate that title to any man....your habitual naming of an imperfect man(in the religious context) Father is an anathema....Jesus clearly told us that.....

italo:

But Jesus was called "Eternal Father" in Isaiah 9:6, even though he was celibate. Show me where he refused the title.
I hope you could remember Jesus said call no one Father except the oga at the top who is the Father of all...no one ran around Jesus calling him holy Father...it was the surrogate role Jesus was to play that earned him that name......besides that is not Jesus' name.... That is why through out the new testament no one called him Father!!!!!...... the names and titles Jesus was called when on earth was, the messiah,the son of the holy ONE,the son of man,the Christ,son of God.......

italo:
Also, you havent shown me where God said "Holy Father is a title only reserved for him." Or were you just lying as usual?
Jesus said it.....Jesus said call no one,ot even himself Father....more or else HOLY Father.......

italo:

Was Father Abraham "Holy Father Abraham" or "Sinful Father Abraham?"

Your question is rigid....why don't you just ask if abraham was a Father.......cheesy.....

Besides I can't remember in the scriptures where abraham was called Holy Father..but you call that pope holy Father.....what blasphemy......

Did the pope in any way sire you??.......even those who are of the same age with the pope call him holy Father......
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by deebrain(m): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

"Lord," "Father," "Bridegroom" etc...(and there are many more) These are all titles of reference given to God.Are you still standing by this statement of yours?

If so, why do you ascribe these titles to men?

How do you know that I believe the Holy Father is holier than me and that I worship him as God? Show me where I or any other Catholic has ever said that the Pope is holier than anybody else and we worship him as God. You guys just make assumptions in your head and say that is what Catholics believe. If you will hate our beliefs, at least hate our true beliefs. Dont hate what you have wrongly concocted in your brains and call them our beliefs.

Show me evidence of Catholics denouncing Rev. King for calling himself "His Holiness."

And bear in mind that what individual Catholics say may not be the official Church position.

We are the light of the world but we know who we are talking about if someone asked "who is the light of the world?". We are all sons of God but everybody knows when someone asks "who is d son of God?". And like i said before, courtesy allows people to bare divine titles without the actual strings of that title attached.

Yr last paragraph made me rest my case because it means the extremism some of u display may not be associated with the church itself so i would let it pass (the thought of a very respected cardinal based in lagos in 2007, blasting rev king for his divine titles then and what u give yr "holy father" is just laughable).

Dont u think the pope can have faults? Dont u think he has weaknesses?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by FromGuiriga(m): 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
Chukskalidon:
Did u attend primary education at all?
I did, but whats your point?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by FromGuiriga(m): 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
1MCN:
It's so sad that this generation look for signs and wonders alone and this singular disposition and ideology has derailed more christians than scandals and blasphemy and heresy all put together, and the only sign they'd see is that of Jonah says Christ.
How come we only believe it's only when we touch a sick and they are healed then we can say even greater things than Christ have they done. Christianity is a rich stew of talents and gifts and apostolate. We heal by songs, show of charity, exhortation, teaching, exorcism, etc.
Even Paul admitted that he was not called to baptize. I wonder how that sounds to you.
It sounds good. But I mean, someone said here that the Pope is the representative of Jesus Christ.

I don't think the pope did anything wrong. In fact I think what he did is commendable and an act of love toward the child if he in his heart did it out of love.

It's not about signs and wonders but about a child being in that condition who you will think a representative of Jesus Christ will heal.

Here is my issue man...these fanatics here say this and that when it comes to the nitty gritty like healing the child, that they don't mention.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by FromGuiriga(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

Grow up.
You sound hostile bro. But why don't you answer the question with reason?

If you cannot get around it then it's cool. But don't insult me because you don't have and answer.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 8:04am On Apr 08, 2013
From_Guiriga:
You sound hostile bro. But why don't you answer the question with reason?

If you cannot get around it then it's cool. But don't insult me because you don't have and answer.

That is what I have to say.

And "grow up" is not an insult. It's an advice.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 8:13am On Apr 08, 2013
deebrain:

We are the light of the world but we know who we are talking about if someone asked "who is the light of the world?". We are all sons of God but everybody knows when someone asks "who is d son of God?". And like i said before, courtesy allows people to bare divine titles without the actual strings of that title attached.

If I get you right, you are saying that it is possible to use a title or expression used for God, for a human being, without making that human being God. Why then do you judge that someone has made the Pope God?

deebrain: Yr last paragraph made me rest my case because it means the extremism some of u display may not be associated with the church itself so i would let it pass (the thought of a very respected cardinal based in lagos in 2007, blasting rev king for his divine titles then and what u give yr "holy father" is just laughable).

My friend, I am not aware of it. If you have evidence, show us. If you dont, we will take it as another cheap shot taken in hatred and envy.

deebrain: Dont u think the pope can have faults? Dont u think he has weaknesses?

All 1.2 billion Catholics know that. I just wonder why come to the mindless conclusion that we dont...without even consulting us. How do you just sit in your toilet and determine other people's beliefs without asking them?

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 8:32am On Apr 08, 2013
ijawkid:

Don't you get Jesus' words??.....don't arrogate that title to any man....your habitual naming of an imperfect man(in the religious context) Father is an anathema....Jesus clearly told us that.....

I hope you could remember Jesus said call no one Father except the oga at the top who is the Father of all...no one ran around Jesus calling him holy Father...it was the surrogate role Jesus was to play that earned him that name......besides that is not Jesus' name.... That is why through out the new testament no one called him Father!!!!!...... the names and titles Jesus was called when on earth was, the messiah,the son of the holy ONE,the son of man,the Christ,son of God.......

Jesus said it.....Jesus said call no one,ot even himself Father....more or else HOLY Father.......

You mean Isaiah lied and sinned when he called Jesus "Eternal Father?"

ijawkid: Your question is rigid....why don't you just ask if abraham was a Father.......cheesy.....

Besides I can't remember in the scriptures where abraham was called Holy Father..but you call that pope holy Father.....what blasphemy......

Just like you accuse Isaiah of blasphemy for calling Jesus "Eternal Father." We love to be on Isaiah's side, not yours.

ijawkid: Did the pope in any way sire you??.......even those who are of the same age with the pope call him holy Father......

Did Jesus sire Isaiah?

Your brain has told you a new fallacy. That you can only be Father to people younger than you.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2013
italo:

You mean Isaiah lied and sinned when he called Jesus "Eternal Father?"
Isaiah said he would be called.........

italo:

Just like you accuse Isaiah of blasphemy for calling Jesus "Eternal Father." We love to be on Isaiah's side, not yours.

Hehehe.....I never accused isaiah...isaiah unlike you was given a vision of what Jesus would be called because of the role he would play...even at that no disciple ran around calling Jesus ""FATHER""...............
isaiah would never have called the pope holy Father or any man........except isaiah was on alcohol....isaiah was on the same page with Jesus......you are not on isaiahs side....

italo:

Did Jesus sire Isaiah?

Your brain has told you a new fallacy. That you can only be Father to people younger than you.

Jesus existed before isaiah........not so??......and like hebrews said ,the Father would give sons to Jesus.......

And before paul could say he was like a Father to timothy age was involved apart from the fact that he brought timothy into the truth.............

Who is your pope??....and why should he be called holy Father......you have not answered that important question rather you've been arguing like a market woman...cheesy......
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2013
@ ijawkid,

Jesus is the Eternal Father

You said Jesus would reject such.

You lied!
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 9:39am On Apr 08, 2013
ijawkid:
Who is your pope??....and why should he be called holy Father

Because he is our Holy Father.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Boomark(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2013
italo:

Because he is our Holy Father.

He asked, WHY?

Don't claim you don't understand english anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Welcome To This New Month, It Is Your Month Of Perfection. / What Is The Trinity? (biblical Evidence) / Pastor Chris Going Forward Or Backward ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.