Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,279 members, 7,957,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:01 PM

Css Code And Examples - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Css Code And Examples (1310 Views)

Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem / Please Review This Site And Suggest Css Code Please / How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Css Code And Examples by my2cents(m): 5:21pm On May 09, 2006
Dear fellow webmasters,

As I may have said b4, most of the sites we are being asked to review look pretty much like "out of the box" software - either copied off of somewhere else or from templates.

I present to you a wonderful resource site featuring code that you can copy and paste as well as working examples. Say hello to: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/

Check it out, if you lack time to come up with something original, use it, and let's get our sites looking better.

Note to Zahymaka (cos I know he will always find something along the lines of "yeah, I know this is out there, but I choose to use my own, ", to say grin), please don't say anything "antagonistic" grin

Thanks,
Re: Css Code And Examples by Zahymaka(m): 7:02pm On May 09, 2006
Why do you hate me that much my2cents cry cry cry?

Personally, I use templates -- but not copy-and-paste. I feel very bad when I put up a site and someone says, 'Ah, you copied the design of so-and-so.com.'

I usually set out with a template I like [it might be crafted with tables] and try to duplicate the look with pure divs, or alternately, set out with a 'copy-and-paste' template, and tweak here and there. At the end, I come up with something entirely different from what I was trying to 'copy.'

Nice site, by the way my2cents -- I'll add it to my list and do some copying in future.
Re: Css Code And Examples by my2cents(m): 7:08pm On May 09, 2006
At the end, I come up with something entirely different from what I was trying to 'copy.'

Zahy, that is what you should strive to do smiley

Finally, a nice reply smiley I don't hate you sha. I just was asking that you don't make your response "antagonistic (remember, you told me that yourself wink)". I know you are always spinning on your eyebrows trying to do that LOL
Re: Css Code And Examples by Zahymaka(m): 7:15pm On May 09, 2006
I won't deny I'm not relieved. I thought you were going to label my last post as antagonistic. If you look at my site, I got different ideas from different places.

www.alistapart.com

www.meyerweb.com

http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/

are some of the sites I prowl.

Examining my blog and my book site, I used the 'sliding doors' technique for those rounded borders. Can't remember where I picked that all-CSS dropdown from but well . . .

(1) (Reply)

A Web Developer: Are You Really A Web Developer. / How Can I Forward A Parked Domain To A Particular Website / Liqpay Payment Module For Interspire Shopping Cart 6.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.