Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Fg Scraps JAMB! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Scraps JAMB! (702 Views)

FG Scraps Fuel Subsidy, To Reduce Cost Of Petrol From January 1 - / FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others / FG Scraps UTME,NECO,NAPEP Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Fg Scraps JAMB! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
It's official: The Federal Government of Nigeria is scrapping the national Examinations Council (NECO), and divesting the powers of the ever popular Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) to carry out the conduct of examinations into Nigeria's tertiary institutions.

This long overdue decision is in line with government's desire to streamline the various agencies of government and reduce the cost of governance. . . something the opposition and various bodies have been clamouring for.

It is instructive to note that the National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP) is in the crosshairs of the government; It's soon going to be history.

I'm not too sure about this. . . I've kind of grown fond of NAPEP. They're doing so well, though starved of funds. Just hope they know what they're doing.

Now back to JAMB. . .

Remember the Steve Oronsaye Panel Report on the reform of government agencies and ministries? Yeah, that's the one.

Good. This landmark decision is part of government's desire to adopt the recommendations of that highly criticized report. . .

More: http://www.gidicity01..com/2013/04/fg-scraps-jamb.html#more

Re: Fg Scraps JAMB! by OAM4J: 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2013

(1)

NGF Election: Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says I’ll Go For Second Term / Boko Haram Shifts Attention To Kastina, Bombs Daura Prison! / S-east Has Fared Better Under Jonathan – Col Akobundu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.