Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,454 members, 7,846,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

NGF Election: Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says I’ll Go For Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGF Election: Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says I’ll Go For Second Term (702 Views)

I Have Wike’s Records: Amaechi Dares Rivers Governor-elect On Probe / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan / APC Dares Jonathan To Sue Akande For Libel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NGF Election: Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says I’ll Go For Second Term by lekanolas: 1:11pm On May 14, 2013
Presidency lures lawmakers to impeach gov[i][/i]

Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, NGF, Rotimi Amaechi, has vowed to seek reelection into the exalted position which he described as the genesis of his current political travail.

This is in defiance to the stance of President Goodluck Jonathan who is against his re-election. Amaechi stated this in a special church service presided over by the Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Port Harcourt, Most Rev. Camillus Etokudo, in Government House, Port Harcourt, Rivers State. He called on the church to show interest in politics and pray for his success at the election.

Amaechi attributed his travails to his position in the NGF, asking: “Why do we have to go through crisis like this all the time? “I told my friends that I will run for the chairmanship of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, whether I win or lose, because that is the genesis of all these crises.”

“Something similar to what is happening now, happened in the past and we prayed ourselves to power,” Amaechi said, adding that some people misconstrued his straightforward nature for pride and arrogance. He said: “I like being straightforward and honest, but some people say I am proud, they say I am arrogant, I am brash, but it is not arrogance.

“Just because I look at you in the face and tell you the truth, people say I am arrogant.” Amaechi said that he believes in the power of prayers to surmount his challenges, despite the activities of some political jobbers and detractors against his administration. “I believe in the power of prayers.

If you look at my political history, you cannot divorce God and prayers from my political history. “If you remember how I became the Speaker, Rivers State House of Assembly, it was through prayers. You know the story of the governorship race. What I ask God is that why should I go through crisis like this all the time? Why are people not honest in life?

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ngf-election-amaechi-dares-jonathan-says-ill-go-for-second-term/
Re: NGF Election: Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says I’ll Go For Second Term by OdionOdion: 1:36pm On May 14, 2013
If the clergies that were in that gathering are truly men of GOD they would had heard Voices of the BLOOD of female virgins and other victims of political rituals
and sacrifices that paved Amaechi's way to Government house crying for revenge like the biblical blood of ABEL. Prayers indeed,tell that to the Marines

(1) (Reply)

PRESS RELEASE – Imo Youths To Okorocha: Your Employment ‘initiative’ Is A Scam.. / Lagos State Does No Significant Thing Other Than Environmental Sanitation”- Maku / What Is The Problem Of The Northern Politians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.