Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

NERC Recruitment: What's the update? - Jobs/Vacancies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? (205107 Views)

Nigerdock Recruitment: What is the Latest? / NNPC RECRUITMENT. What Happens Now? / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Jbzzyy: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
[quote author=buchio7 post=28152399]
Bros dese ppl wey start work na through the zonal or hq process
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Jbzzyy:

All am saying…non of the above processes.

How sure are you...
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by opuama(f): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2014
Why only three? Funny
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Jbzzyy: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2014
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Furrylow: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2014
@jbzzyy's info is not surprising to me at all. U guys need to look at the bigger picture. Hav it on good authority that mid-late 2013 some pple were recruited into Nerc, one reason was their states had little or no representation, my other source said they were from Oga @ the very top. There is massive pressure on the board 4 candidates. Let's hope it goes well for all of us. Cheers
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Davidt001: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2014
Furrylow:
@jbzzyy's info is not surprising to me at all. U guys need to look at the bigger picture. Hav it on good authority that mid-late 2013 some pple were recruited into Nerc, one reason was their states had little or no representation, my other source said they were from Oga @ the very top. There is massive pressure on the board 4 candidates. Let's hope it goes well for all of us. Cheers

Na wa o!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Fresh38: 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
Well, I think the naija factor always take place in every recruitment process...even in the private sector. I also think that some people were already recruited for some positions we wrote exams for. They've to follow the camouflaged 'due process' according to 'federal character commission' laid down rules. All these are just programmed. I did not hear anyone saying they were called for interview for the position and written exam I did. So it's very likely that such positions were already filled before the recruitment process commenced especially if they're not so technical in nature. For those that did the interview, I would encourage you to still be hopeful. Who knows....you might get the job. There's always room for exceptional candidates in recruitment processes like this. Just be hopeful and pray hard.

3 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Adio999: 8:06am On Nov 25, 2014
Now that's distressing if the news is true! I also participated in the interviews and I kind of trusted the process up to that point. I still think we should be hopeful of hearing something positive from NERC or Restral. God help us all!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by opuama(f): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
All these claim about having a source who feeds some persons with fake recruitment of some persons in2 NERC shld stop. Before my first interview some persons claimed that d ogas at d top have taken all the slots lo and behold I was invited for a second interview in Abuja. It's all about patience. Every genuine candidate shld exercise a little patience and soon Nerc would come calling. Good luck to everyone
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
opuama:
All these claim about having a source who feeds some persons with fake recruitment of some persons in2 NERC shld stop. Before my first interview some persons claimed that d ogas at d top have taken all the slots lo and behold I was invited for a second interview in Abuja. It's all about patience. Every genuine candidate shld exercise a little patience and soon Nerc would come calling. Good luck to everyone

Amen. But @ opuama, how soon do u think NERC wil call the zonal candidates. We had d second interview since May, but til date no positive response from them

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Furrylow: 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
@opuama,Theres absolutely no reason for any to come to a virtual platform n begin to lie jst because u want to impress. Besides this is an anonymous forum, true identity hidden cant impress who u dont know.U r free to believe wat u want but nothing fake about most of the info shared here, its human beings dat work in NERC n not spirit. Dis forum was created to share information n dats exactly wat we r doing, best of luck everyone. Cheers
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by naakombo: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
opuama:
@ Opuama, are you talking about the HQ recruitment that the first interview by Restral is still ongoing or the Zonal recruitment?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 1:23am On Dec 06, 2014
What is statutory report on RESTRAL Interview ?.Has the interview concluded for HQ
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by LastProphet: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
The HQ interviewer seems to have his own candidates in mind, he antagonized my brother the very first moment he entered, more like a quarel, asked 7 questions in one breadth and cut him off mid-answer. Anybody with same experience?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by k2kay(m): 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
LastProphet:
The HQ interviewer seems to have his own candidates in mind, he antagonized my brother the very first moment he entered, more like a quarel, asked 7 questions in one breadth and cut him off mid-answer. Anybody with same experience?
My brother, thank u very much..i thought I was the only one. It was a disappointing experience. The interviewer was taking things so personal, he wasn't professional at all, I was so angry when I left the place. I entertained the same thought too that they had their own candidates. He was even trying to influence the other interviewer not to ask any further questions. Am so disappointed with them.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by LastProphet: 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
k2kay:

My brother, thank u very much..i thought I was the only one. It was a disappointing experience. The interviewer was taking things so personal, he wasn't professional at all, I was so angry when I left the place. I entertained the same thought too that they had their own candidates. He was even trying to influence the other interviewer not to ask any further questions. Am so disappointed with them.

He can be reported, you are a graduate and you have no reason to fear. Am told the guy wears medicated goggles and is the boss among the two. I have told my brother to write a petition because the guy practically walked out on him.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
LastProphet:

He can be reported, you are a graduate and you have no reason to fear. Am told the guy wears medicated goggles and is the boss among the two. I have told my brother to write a petition because the guy practically walked out on him.

Bros on d contrary I have had interviews with restral and with the supposed man and truth be told he is a fair interviewer who even at a point helped me answer questions other members of d panel asked.

I didn't know him from anywhere but I noticed that when the interview started even though he was brash and jumped into my answers...I kept my cool and kept on answering correctly...I think that made him warm up to me...

At the end he was the one giving me pointers on what to read up when I get to NERC stage of d interview..

So he aint such a bad guy as u guys paint him as...he's jst doing his job
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by k2kay(m): 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
buchio7:

Bros on d contrary I have had interviews with restral and with the supposed man and truth be told he is a fair interviewer who even at a point helped me answer questions other members of d panel asked.

I didn't know him from anywhere but I noticed that when the interview started even though he was brash and jumped into my answers...I kept my cool and kept on answering correctly...I think that made him warm up to me...

At the end he was the one giving me pointers on what to read up when I get to NERC stage of d interview..

g
Nobody is painting anyone black mister, you shouldn't be quick to dismiss someone else's claims just like that. I decided to speak out when i saw the above post. Although, i quite agree with you on the one wearing medicated glasses whom i noticed was taken aback by his other colleague who wanted influencing him not to ask questions. He seemed fair to me. What will be will be. Cheers!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
LastProphet:

bros, is HQ interview stil going on or u are talking about the last one that i presume ended in November.
Pls when wil the final stage interview i.e with NERC management be? Has anybody been call? Kindly update us if u have any info.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by LastProphet: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
buchio7:

Anyway thats what I told my brother, you might be right. Thanks
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
k2kay:
g
Nobody is painting anyone black mister, you shouldn't be quick to dismiss someone else's claims just like that. I decided to speak out when i saw the above post. Although, i quite agree with you on the one wearing medicated glasses whom i noticed was taken aback by his other colleague who wanted influencing him not to ask questions. He seemed fair to me. What will be will be. Cheers!

Baba.....cool temper.....no need to bite...just my candid opinion so that other people who will be going for same type of interview don't get a biased view abt the guy....take a chill pill
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by k2kay(m): 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
buchio7:

Baba.....cool temper.....no need to bite...just my candid opinion so that other people who will be going for same type of interview don't get a biased view abt the guy....take a chill pill
Am cool bro.. grin
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Gorimakpa(m): 10:27am On Dec 12, 2014
LastProphet:

I had a very unpleasant experience with the man in question. I believe he is the bespectacled, fat, pompous, and unbearably rude character. He never gave me the opportunity to settle down and answer questions. I had hardly entered the room before he started to antagonise me with so much bile and malice.

The second guy on the panel was very pleasant, patient, and empathetic and it seemed he was wiling to give you the chance to prove yourself, while the lady seemed indifferent.

However, the fat and pompous guy was apparently the head of the interview panel and he clearly had an agenda to execute. I had to restrain myself from insulting him towards the end when he unilaterally declared that the interview was over, even though I was still engaged in an interesting discussion with the second guy. Mr. Fat and pompous guy at Restral is easily the most unprofessional and uncouth interviewer I have ever encountered.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by k2kay(m): 10:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Gorimakpa:

I had a very unpleasant experience with the man in question. I believe he is the bespectacled, fat, pompous, and unbearably rude character. He never gave me the opportunity to settle down and answer questions. I had hardly entered the room before he started to antagonise me with so much bile and malice.

The second guy on the panel was very pleasant, patient, and empathetic and it seemed he was wiling to give you the chance to prove yourself, while the lady seemed indifferent.

However, the fat and pompous guy was apparently the head of the interview panel and he clearly had an agenda to execute. I had to restrain myself from insulting him towards the end when he unilaterally declared that the interview was over, even though I was still engaged in an interesting discussion with the second guy. Mr. Fat and pompous guy at Restral is easily the most unprofessional and uncouth interviewer I have ever encountered.
Thank u brother, there is clearly a hidden agenda.. i was so livid with fury after my interview with them. Av Neva faced an interviewer so unprofessional in my life. The irony is that the spectacled one was even the calm one when I did mine. More people should come out about their experience with dem.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by LastProphet: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2014
Gorimakpa:

This is exactly what my brother went through with that same guy, he is going to petition to the nerc as God is my witness. At least i heard the boss of nerc is a true professional
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by seyi42k(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
Guys, why are we all behaving like primary school children.

Have you ever heard of Good cop, Bad cop strategy to interviewing. Anybody that does any funny petition might lose opportunity for advancing to the final interview.

What you faced from the interviewer is what you might likely face in a place of work with pompous and short tempered bosses especially those under pressure from some kind of target. If in doubt ask your friends who work in Banks especially those with female bosses.

The interviewer might have been specifically asked to create such atmosphere and see how interviewees respond. Like someone said, his good response mellowed the interviewer. I can reasonably assure you that the guy has passed.

Never react negatively to an interviewer especially one that might be having a bad day. Your response might just land you a coveted job out of a lot of people jostling for the job. If anyone fails this interview, do not blame the interviewer, rather seek to learn what you did wrong and improve as this could be a dress rehearsal for a Shell interview you will pass.

For your information, I faced the same interviewer for my Zonal Interview and I found him abrupt. However, due to my previous experience, I tried to be as nice as possible by answering his question on time and smiling. Afterall, I am the one searching for work and considering the fact that I made to the final stage, all was well.

Therefore, if you cannot handle heat from an interview panel of two, just imagine going to Abuja and facing 4 to 5 Executive Directors. One of the EDs grilled me because I could not name states under the southwest zonal office, an oversight I pray will not be costly. Yet I learnt a very good lesson from that. If you are well prepared, let the interviewer carry fire, you will acquit yourself well and if you are not successful, you will know that it was another criteria unknown to you that eliminated you, not your technical know how.

Lastly, most government parastatal such as NNOC, NERC, NUC, NCC, NAFDAC etc are known using private sector standard of recruitment process, therefore don't expect to be patted on the head. Prepare for them as if you are going for a shell interview and you will pass in flying colours after which Nigerian factor allowing, you will be chosen.

You can go to the previous NNPC thread to see some applicants with no connection that were chosen. I also got to the final stage but was not chosen.

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Davidt001: 3:22am On Dec 13, 2014
seyi42k: I have a personal experience and a proof to buttress your point. You are correct. I can share this with you too. 7b535224. You will notice from this thread that while someone said the guy was helpful to him, other had it differently. Also, it was another guy that was hostile to others. That's instructive.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by LastProphet: 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
seyi42k:
Guys, why are we all behaving like primary school children.

Have you ever heard of Good cop, Bad cop strategy to interviewing. Anybody that does any funny petition might lose opportunity for advancing to the final interview.

What you faced from the interviewer is what you might likely face in a place of work with pompous and short tempered bosses especially those under pressure from some kind of target. If in doubt ask your friends who work in Banks especially those with female bosses.

The interviewer might have been specifically asked to create such atmosphere and see how interviewees respond. Like someone said, his good response mellowed the interviewer. I can reasonably assure you that the guy has passed.

Never react negatively to an interviewer especially one that might be having a bad day. Your response might just land you a coveted job out of a lot of people jostling for the job. If anyone fails this interview, do not blame the interviewer, rather seek to learn what you did wrong and improve as this could be a dress rehearsal for a Shell interview you will pass.

For your information, I faced the same interviewer for my Zonal Interview and I found him abrupt. However, due to my previous experience, I tried to be as nice as possible by answering his question on time and smiling. Afterall, I am the one searching for work and considering the fact that I made to the final stage, all was well.

Therefore, if you cannot handle heat from an interview panel of two, just imagine going to Abuja and facing 4 to 5 Executive Directors. One of the EDs grilled me because I could not name states under the southwest zonal office, an oversight I pray will not be costly. Yet I learnt a very good lesson from that. If you are well prepared, let the interviewer carry fire, you will acquit yourself well and if you are not successful, you will know that it was another criteria unknown to you that eliminated you, not your technical know how.

Lastly, most government parastatal such as NNOC, NERC, NUC, NCC, NAFDAC etc are known using private sector standard of recruitment process, therefore don't expect to be patted on the head. Prepare for them as if you are going for a shell interview and you will pass in flying colours after which Nigerian factor allowing, you will be chosen.

You can go to the previous NNPC thread to see some applicants with no connection that were chosen. I also got to the final stage but was not chosen.
Regards.

Well said and thanks, i thought of that though but your matured explanations kind of sheds more light. Thank u
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Furrylow: 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hi, I was jst informed that the nxt interview for HQ recruitment is scheduled for January 2015. Pls anyone with contact in NERC shld help confirm. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by seyi42k(m): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
Complements of the season everyone.

May God take all of us by hand over into the new year.

For those who have some level of access to information, please keep posting to keep the hope alive.

Best regards

2 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Wittytraveller: 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hi, All, I heard that the interviews in the NERC HQ have started taking place and that they intend to move to their permanent site in Maitama Abuja with all the staff required i.e. they would have concluded the recruitment process by then. I hear that it will be very soon. Anyone with upto date info should pls share.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply)

Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Navy Recruiting Graduates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.