Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! (41763 Views)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Photos: All You Need To Know About 'The Beast' The US President's Official Car / Artega Gt, A Car I Saw Today At School, I Am Speechless( Veiw Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 10:27am On Apr 05, 2013
Godogwu:

LOOL is that how you feel?.........Aii G.
These unemployed/underemployed graduates you speak of, what are their credentials, what area of study, can they defend their degrees?. You don't expect to study philosophy and get a job right out of uni. Same way you can't be a third class graduate going to seek for a job in Shell, elf, zenith etc. A large number of these unemployed graduates want a great paying job right after uni, i mean nothing less than N6m annually and some person eventually takes up that job they earlier rejected/neglected and now its too late.... Nevertheless, this doesn't apply to all cases. The thing is so many factors come into play with regards to employment.... Even when Nigeria gets its refinaries running, not every unemployed graduate will get a job cos so many are still unqualified.

Which system churned out dose unqualified graduates?
They fell from heaven abi?
Which system inculcated in dem dat gettin a degree is expressway to gettin a job n livin d gud life?
Hav u heard of 'root cause analysis'?
Maybe u shuld get off ur high rich kid pedestal n look at Nigeria in broad terms.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Godogwu: 10:45am On Apr 05, 2013
Dreamflyin:

Poor Emiratis(in european context) can't afford cribs in VGC but can afford a car, a job wit healthcare. In Nigeria, a bricklayer has to work his arse off to make N3k max daily if he got d strenght. Pls do u call dat livin?
I knw u'll say he's a bricklayer, he had no education n dat 3k ia whole lot of money.
Hw about a graduate dat earns 20k a month, n puts in 10hrs of work daily?
Rent even in Ajegunle. lagos is nt smiling.
Bro, be realistic.
For how long would Nigerians wait for such infrastructures to be put in place?
Was it nt dat same allegation of corruption dat brought in d khaki boys?
Did u knw dat some coups were celebrated by Nigerians, b4 d plotters showed their skills in lootin?
Why?
Because Nigerians ar suffering amidst plenty!
All those protesters in fuel subsidy, did they come from space?
Did ACN(though they ar no saints either) pay dem all?
Please, please and please, Nigerians ar nt happy, and d poor shows their grievances tru social crimes. Crime is d only way d poor makes a statement!

Lets use your bricklayer for example; he earns 3k a day, even if he has to work his butt off right? Same as people who work in Walmart. Now he earns N30k in 10 days no?... In a month give or take 70k... that's over $450 no? Pretty close to what Mc Donald workers earn in US right and this is a "third world" country. I don't know which graduate earns N20k a month, graduate of what abeg? Even the banks pay workers at least 100k monthly. But lets not go into the coperate world, lets deal on the working class,the unskilled and non graduates/illiterates. A roadside seller who sells plantain, tomato, fruits etc will earn at least $25 on a bad day and about four times that amout on a good day ($100).... Find the average she makes everyday and you tell me what exactly you're yapping about. Btw that's about $1,870 a month (over N300,000 yes?) . Now i do know there are poor people but you should understand that there also lazy people who don't want to do anything atall but want the government to provide everything for them and that's what I'm totally against.
Now i don't know when last you were in Nigeria, but the bad roads are becoming non-existent ( roads are being rehabilitated as days go by),
As for electricity... Most Nigerians can testify to how much better it has gotten.
As for free education, please go and look at the government schools in PH, Calabar, abuja, IMO etc and see how they are being rehabilitated most especially Ph.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Godogwu: 10:58am On Apr 05, 2013
Dreamflyin:

Which system churned out dose unqualified graduates?
They fell from heaven abi?
Which system inculcated in dem dat gettin a degree is expressway to gettin a job n livin d gud life?
Hav u heard of 'root cause analysis'?
Maybe u shuld get off ur high rich kid pedestal n look at Nigeria in broad terms.

Well i still believe education is the best means to secure a better future. Now you should know that there are the "not so bright students" and the ones who "sort" their degrees and end up not being albe to defend it in an interview. When they eventually get rejected, they rebel and venture into crime or other "shortcuts" to success.

Nigerian uni's are good, infact the educational system is great right off from nursery school. My father graduated from UNN and made something of himself and so did many of his colleagues, friends, relations etc. so you can't really blame the system but the individual.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by snnipsi: 11:06am On Apr 05, 2013
jumobi1: Not necessarily with "our money"
A govt official can buy it with personal $ and put govt # on it.

That doesn't sound reasonable to me. You only spend it "yanfu yanfu" if you get it as such (africans)
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by nattymallam: 11:55am On Apr 05, 2013
The last time i ckecked am the only one that owns that color in naija come to my garage in ph its still here. I was in abuja for moves
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by tgbaba(m): 11:55am On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Whats wrong with having Porsche as Official car ? Are we in recession in Nigeria ? Last time I checked, this is not Cyprus. We are an oil nation goddamnit. Its time we start living large in this wonderful country with near-zero tax regime and stop lamenting, some South African and Ghanians keep messing with us cos we are too humble. Let us show them we live beyond forking $2 per day. LOL!!!
grin
Billyonaire: Whats wrong with having Porsche as Official car ? Are we in recession in Nigeria ? Last time I checked, this is not Cyprus. We are an oil nation goddamnit. Its time we start living large in this wonderful country with near-zero tax regime and stop lamenting, some South African and Ghanians keep messing with us cos we are too humble. Let us show them we live beyond forking $2 per day. LOL!!!
I Dey laff O
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by crisycent: 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
na wah oooo
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by snnipsi: 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
Godogwu:

Lets use your bricklayer for example; he earns 3k a day, even if he has to work his butt off right? Same as people who work in Walmart. Now he earns N30k in 10 days no?... In a month give or take 70k... that's over $450 no? Pretty close to what Mc Donald workers earn in US right and this is a "third world" country. I don't know which graduate earns N20k a month, graduate of what abeg? Even the banks pay workers at least 100k monthly. But lets not go into the coperate world, lets deal on the working class,the unskilled and non graduates/illiterates. A roadside seller who sells plantain, tomato, fruits etc will earn at least $25 on a bad day and about four times that amout on a good day ($100).... Find the average she makes everyday and you tell me what exactly you're yapping about. Btw that's about $1,870 a month (over N300,000 yes?) . Now i do know there are poor people but you should understand that there also lazy people who don't want to do anything atall but want the government to provide everything for them and that's what I'm totally against.
Now i don't know when last you were in Nigeria, but the bad roads are becoming non-existent ( roads are being rehabilitated as days go by),
As for electricity... Most Nigerians can testify to how much better it has gotten.
As for free education, please go and look at the government schools in PH, Calabar, abuja, IMO etc and see how they are being rehabilitated most especially Ph.

Sugar-coated analysis - Papa Deceive Pikin (Umbrella) kind of speech. Busy doing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by snnipsi: 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
tgbaba: grin I Dey laff O
funny jokes smiley
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
Godogwu:

Oshe!! Oh boy! Where did u get all dose statistics from? Dude, ar u really in Nigeria, abi Switzerland?
Wonders shall neva end!
No need to argue again ooo.
Nairalanders, please where all of una dey ooo!
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Demdem(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

How u take know.... what of if it is kabiru sokoto ?

Question tongue tongue
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by lagcity(m): 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
\

Yes, living large on public funds. This mindset perfectly illustrates why Nigeria is underdeveloped. A few looting, unpatriotic scumb$gs at the top who do not give a damn about their people. I see we still have a lot of Mobutus on the continent. I also see why these Mobutus are vehemently against a Buhari presidency.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Imyourex(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Its cheaper than that for Tokunbo, its just $57,000 brov. Cheaper than a LandCruiser.

Elo lo ma je ti mo ba se si Naira?
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
yuzedo: These is what we drives insides BANANA ISLAND were I have mansion. I leave in Banana Island. Is normal tin. Don't shout, God can did it for u too if u PRAY.

shocked i thought you leaves inside Banana Island!
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by medus: 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
I saw this car on the island yesterday, it definitely belongs to one of those bayelsa boys the President is spoiling....Had PRESIDENCY written on the number plate
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by sweetgala(m): 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
Could be one of the several cars bought by patience for the African first ladies mission. Irrespective its still extremely wasteful.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by jumobi1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
My original comment was made in hope that the FG isn't unnecessarily using public $$ to buy Porsches. If we have seen more than one Porsche with govt plate then we may have reason to believe government bought it. Even then, we don't work for the government and don't know all the needs of the govt. Perhaps there is a legitimate need for the govt to buy a Porsche (Me IDK). Perhaps it was a gift to the government. Perhaps it's a personal car with an FGN number (Nigeria isn't the most strict with laws. I'm sure a big boy can pull that off). Perhaps a govt official switched plates because he/she prefers their porsche to the car assigned by the government. Perhaps funds were misused. Bottom line is that we don't know the truth.
It's like the Kim Kardashian Twitter post. Most of us were screaming without doing research. What those that are interested in this story should do is ask for the truth behind the vehicle and the plate instead of assuming and condemning.
I'm not a fan of the government but I refuse to condemn blindly. I might end up looking stupid later.

By the way, was the pic taken in Lagos? Are FGN cars usually seen in Lagos?

Let's face the obvious corrupt practices. Like Akpabio scratching names off and admitting it.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Godogwu: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
snnipsi:

Sugar-coated analysis - Papa Deceive Pikin (Umbrella) kind of speech. Busy doing nothing.

Aii G.... Here's a link for you too, its basically your fault if you're suffering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnXCfCA0p9A%22
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Godogwu: 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dreamflyin:

Oshe!! Oh boy! Where did u get all dose statistics from? Dude, ar u really in Nigeria, abi Switzerland?
Wonders shall neva end!
No need to argue again ooo.
Nairalanders, please where all of una dey ooo!

LOOL I'll show you G; BBC/CNN recently did a report about roads getting better and how it affects traders and their buisness. Pay close attention to how much the reporter says the trader earns a day and what she's now able to do with that money.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnXCfCA0p9A%22
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by portage(m): 1:07am On Apr 06, 2013
I still don't get it angry angry
What stops Jonathan Goodluck from sponsoring a bill mandating all Government agency/office (State or Federal) to use a particular car for official duties angry

You rarely see Government official cars in the UK or The US ( the two countries we always want to emulate) angry

Nigeria is just a sick country that may never heal if we continue the way things have been in the last 15 years.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:38am On Apr 06, 2013
engineerd: Whats the big deal? its just an $85,000+ car.

grin grin grin
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by gbonsalifus(m): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2013
jumobi1: Not necessarily with "our money"
A govt official can buy it with personal $ and put govt # on it.
And thats something u wanna call "nice"? God save the next generation
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by BrosG: 6:19pm On Apr 06, 2013

May almighty God deliver you
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by nuwell(m): 3:22am On Apr 07, 2013
AmBeautiful:

grin
AmBeautiful:

No be small thing o. Lolz
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by capoditutticapi(m): 4:53am On Apr 07, 2013
engineerd: Whats the big deal? its just an $85,000+ car.
Na change e b?? Na wa for u oo. Even Benz M class no reach dat amount
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Simpson101(m): 6:35am On Apr 07, 2013
baynix:

Am with you on this!!

if the car is truly registered with that number plate then it's an official car, model or type of car doesn't determine it's officialdom, just that modesty should have been applied, it's an official thing mehn!!!
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by joelbaba: 7:43am On Apr 07, 2013
God day,this is our money.either they accept it or not. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by oladayo: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2013
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cars-n-Love-for-Machines/620511231308522?ref=hl hey peeps like dis page on luxury cars n news..... trust me Der a lot more to see
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by johnie: 11:45am On Apr 17, 2013
Dubai Police Add $450,000 Lamborghini Aventador To Fleet Of Vehicles

By Carey Vanderborg | April 11 2013 9:53 AM

Lamborghini Aventador Photo: Dubai Police Department Dubai Police Department adds £360,000 Lamborghini Aventador to fleet

If you’re going to keep a city safe, why not do it in style? That is seemingly the mentality of the Dubai Police Department as the Arabian crime stoppers have just added a £360,000 ($554,000) Lamborghini Aventador to their fleet of vehicles.

The Aventador, a two-door, two-seater sports car with speeds capable of up to 217 mph, can be seen in the above picture as it has been painted in the green-and-white colors of the Dubai police force. Fair warning to all who choose to go up against this beast of a vehicle: The Aventador can go from 0 to 62 mph in 2.9 seconds.

While it unclear how many of the supercars have been added to the Dubai Police Department, local media reports said the Italian-made Lamborghini Aventador is the crown jewel of a wider upgrade in Dubai police wheels.

The force is also reportedly adding some American muscle to its fleet with considerably less expensive Chevy Camaros.

https://www.nairaland.com/1224347/only-naija/1#15281653

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Innoson Shares 1000 Bags Of Rice, Gifts Anambra An Ambulance- PICTURES / Innoson Vehicle Used By The Buhari's Administration (Photos) / Ghastly Car Accident In Makurdi. Benue State Capital. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.