Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! (41616 Views)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Photos: All You Need To Know About 'The Beast' The US President's Official Car / Artega Gt, A Car I Saw Today At School, I Am Speechless( Veiw Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by smoothlips(m): 6:48am On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Whats wrong with having Porsche as Official car ? Are we in recession in Nigeria ? Last time I checked, this is not Cyprus. We are an oil nation goddamnit. Its time we start living large in this wonderful country with near-zero tax regime and stop lamenting, some South African and Ghanians keep messing with us cos we are too humble. Let us show them we live beyond forking $2 per day. LOL!!!
shataaaap
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Ashmark(m): 7:02am On Apr 05, 2013
Nice car...Ama get one before the end of this yr..Get updated at www.ashmarkexclusive..com
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Demdem(m): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2013
Thats Tompolo car.

1 Like

Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by oyaski: 7:15am On Apr 05, 2013
My initial reaction on seeing this are twofold:

1. 'It is not real' : The car is not actually a FG car.That someone used the number plate in order to move around unhindered.But who will stop the owner of such a car on the road in nigeria? The person must be such a big man! And why should it be possible that someone can just 'pick-up' an FG number plate to affix on his car. So I discard this option.

2. ' It is for real' : So why should someone in his right sense buy porsche as an official car in Nigeria (Porsche panamera 2013 model : $75,000).With all the procurement bill, due process unit etc.

What happened to the policy of using Peugeot as official cars in Nigeria. The last time I checked PAN is still in Kaduna.We have missed our way big time in this country.
God have mercy!
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2013
Godogwu:

*sigh* ermm where do i even begin with you? But thanks for calling all Nigerians fools aii, on a Nigerian Forum, owned by a Nigerian and run by Nigerians.

Forgive me cause this may sound insulting to you. Are you a bastard? , who gave you the f&&king right to judge Nigerians? Like who the hell are you, preaching BS upon BS based on your very uninformed thoughts and shitty myopic view. Now, just a few facts and stats for you;

Nigeria is the most populous black nation on earth, hence we are influential in any part of the world, most especially Africa.
The wealthiest black man and woman on earth are Nigerian.
Nigeria has the fourth largest/ most powerful military in Africa.
Nigeria is one of the greatest oil producing countries in the world.
Nigerians are the most educated black people in the world.
Nigeria has the wealthiest "black" elite group in the world.
Like!!!! There's so much to love about this country, a handful of Elites in Nigeria can buy any of those countries you mentioned, if they were to go for auction #FACT!. You probablytried to get a Visa to some western country and got bounced and writing a whole load of utter rubbish on a Nigerian forum is just sad and appalling. Frankly i don't know who still sees the US, UK, France and the rest as heaven, cause i certainly don't. People like myself just either school in these places you look up to as heaven and come back to Naij after that because there is too much money to be made in Nigeria. That or buisness, tourism/ vacations.... All those "uniformed" Nigerians that go through hell just to get a visa....*laughs*, well i guess they are what I said they are "uninformed". Finally don't go blaming politicians and government officials for your self inflicted poverty, they have family and friends to take care of and they are not responsible for the betterment of your life.... Nahh G, you owe that to yourself.

I hope you're a tad more "informed" now aii...

U ar one Nigerian i'm afraid to call a compatriot. U were told d truth, n dat truth was damn bitter. Rather dan take d truth gentlemanly, u resorted to counter attack. Wat a pity!
D same problem wit our leaders. Watch dem on foreign media; accuse dem of facts, rather dan accept wit honor n integrity, they'll turn around to show their low minded, but highly educated personality.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by getukudo(m): 7:19am On Apr 05, 2013
ActiveMan:
nice with our money?

Everything na with 'our money'. Abi you dey sleep when people dey mek money? Mscheew! The musicians wey dey use 'ur money' dey go do wedding for dubai nkor?
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 7:21am On Apr 05, 2013
dangiwa09: [b]How does it feel for you to sit here and have "fun" while your commonwealth is plundered by your leaders, while your country is just an embarassment and a disgrace within the community of nations? In Syria, Libya, Kenya, Sudan, Palestine etc., people have the guts/balls to come out, protest and die for their Nation. But you come here like fools/imbeciles/animals to talk about cars, fun and other animalistic tendencies, you drink your beer, eat your suya, pepper soup, goat head etc, and you sit on your coward sorry asses, talking about sheit and waiting for unseen Gods to come down from heaven and fix your country for you. You swallow sewer in other countries embassies to get a visa to leave your country, and when you get to another country you continue to swallow the same sewer to stay there. Even animals have more dignity and self respect, you all are below animals. When will you have the balls/courage and intellect to rise up and take a stand for your blessed country and for your human dignity? Or maybe you don't deserve it, and you're just a bunch of lower class animals waisting oxygen on this planet.[/b]

True, God help dem wen we will rise. Someday, it'lll happen and must happen.
Nigerians can't be living in such poverty amidst plenty. In SA, d shitty tins Nigerians do to make a living is plain heart breaking.
Only someone dat lives in highbrow areas, from d family of peeps that had gained from d massive corruption in Nigeria, or exploits cheap labour in their workplaces will admit dat Nigerians ar happy and wouldnt do all dat.
SOMEDAY, NIGERIANS WILL RISE; IRRESPECTIVE OF CREED NOR TRIBE!!

1 Like

Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by naptu2: 7:40am On Apr 05, 2013
yuzedo:

Loooooooool!!! Who is this joker?!?! undecided

He is a "billyonaire". Your neighbour on Banana Island.

2 Likes

Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by fanckyc(m): 7:42am On Apr 05, 2013
No it shouldnt be...dat should be private car
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Lanretoye(m): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: oh boy tthis your engrish bend oo. Which class are you?

no mind am,he don chop too much unripe banana na y he dey talk nonsense.him english self na banana english.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by calabaman(m): 8:08am On Apr 05, 2013
Ogundale: That car belongs to me.
Dream on
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by JimmyBoy1: 8:12am On Apr 05, 2013
jumobi1: Not necessarily with "our money"
A govt official can buy it with personal $ and put govt # on it.

With FGN number?
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by yuzedo: 8:27am On Apr 05, 2013
naptu2:

He is a "billyonaire". Your neighbour on Banana Island.
No no no! Banana whaaaaa? He leave on Boli Island. Me and him is not nebor o! His millyonaire sef. We billionair can count oursef. His not in our club! angry
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by yuzedo: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2013
Demdem: Thats Tompolo car.
Inclined to believe this..
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Policewoman(f): 8:41am On Apr 05, 2013
So what? no be ride?
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Samxiulee: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2013
deandavid: Billionaire, i knw say u get plenty mney and u get work wen dy pay u well, dats y u r vry ok with dis pdp govt of mediocrity and wastefulness, thats also y u want d status quo to remain and dnt want a revolution in this country. Well i jst want something from you, i am an unemployed graduate, i have served, although am nt idle, bt am in need of a job. Help a brother in need, so that i can at least be supporting u in this forum.
true talk,Oga billion on top over to you,if u don't do anything to improve this guy's life then I guess u should stop clowning.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Godogwu: 9:05am On Apr 05, 2013
Dreamflyin:

U ar one Nigerian i'm afraid to call a compatriot. U were told d truth, n dat truth was damn bitter. Rather dan take d truth gentlemanly, u resorted to counter attack. Wat a pity!
D same problem wit our leaders. Watch dem on foreign media; accuse dem of facts, rather dan accept wit honor n integrity, they'll turn around to show their low minded, but highly educated personality.

What truth? All i saw in his/her post was just a nice way of degrading Nigerians in general. Calling us fools in a subtle manner.... Let me re-trace my steps a bit, i am in no way justifying or neglecting Nigeria's problems. But common man!!, people have been talking about the problems in Nigeria since i was born, always comparing it to western countries or other African countries and frankly I'm tired of hearing the whole sentimental BS. What exactly are you doing to make the country better?, are you providing employment, building schools, helping the less privileged? Etc.... If the answer is no, I really don't want to hear it. Some people make it seem like these politicians or government officials fall from the sky and rule the country, not atall mate, they were once everyday citizens like us; they went to school and worked in different career sectors before deciding to join politics or getting appointed by the FG.

My point is, we know Nigeria's problems just like we know that of the US, UK, SA etc, what we need now is action, patriotism and discipline and not a nitwit to tell us what we already know. P.s only someone who is totally ignorant would think Nigeria is at the same spot it was even 5 years ago. Things are changing rapidly and I'm sure you know this, we are definitely not there yet but i beg to ask, is any country on the planet there? ......
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by naptu2: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2013
I'm still wondering if it's a "security plate".

(Security plates are used to obscure the identity of the person in the vehicle. They are usually used by top government functionaries and members of the security services when they wish to travel incognito or when there is a higher threat level. A single car could have many security plate numbers. However, a flashy car like the Panamera would defeat the purpose).
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: I am in the private sector bro.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Godogwu: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2013
Dreamflyin:

True, God help dem wen we will rise. Someday, it'lll happen and must happen.
Nigerians can't be living in such poverty amidst plenty. In SA, d shitty tins Nigerians do to make a living is plain heart breaking.
Only someone dat lives in highbrow areas, from d family of peeps that had gained from d massive corruption in Nigeria, or exploits cheap labour in their workplaces will admit dat Nigerians ar happy and wouldnt do all dat.
SOMEDAY, NIGERIANS WILL RISE; IRRESPECTIVE OF CREED NOR TRIBE!!

You see what I mean, you act as if you're pro Nigeria but you're actually not. I keep saying this over and over and over again THERE MUST BE RICH AND POOR PEOPLE IN ANY SOCIETY, IT IS NEEDED FOR SOCIAL BALANCE (SOC 101) . I don't know who is rising with you to fight and shed blood when things are already looking up for the country, just go and look at our GDP growth rate....

"Only someone dat lives in highbrow areas, from d family of peeps that had gained from d massive corruption in Nigeria, or exploits cheap labour in their workplaces will admit dat Nigerians ar happy and wouldnt do all dat." Now this right here is utter and complete rubbish!!, you can't even be more wrong. In essence anyone who lives in a highbrow area or rather lives the "good life" in Nigeria has probably soiled their hands in some sort of corruption and so they won't want anything to change yea?, i can't even with some of you....... I just can't.
Sorry though, but you may have failed to notice the millions of Engineers, Doctors, Lawyers, accountants, Nurses, enterprenuers, CEOs, MDs, pilots, professors, directors, musicians, actors, actresses, footballers, pharmacist, comedians..... I could go on and on.... Who live the very "good life" you envy so much with no connections to the government whatsoever. I hope this helps "inform" you.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 05, 2013
Demdem: Thats Tompolo car.

How u take know.... what of if it is kabiru sokoto ?
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by nuwell(m): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2013
jumobi1: Not necessarily with "our money"
A govt official can buy it with personal $ and put govt # on it.

Seriously?
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2013
Godogwu:

You see what I mean, you act as if you're pro Nigeria but you're actually not. I keep saying this over and over and over again THERE MUST BE RICH AND POOR PEOPLE IN ANY SOCIETY, IT IS NEEDED FOR SOCIAL BALANCE (SOC 101) . I don't know who is rising with you to fight and shed blood when things are already looking up for the country, just go and look at our GDP growth rate....

"Only someone dat lives in highbrow areas, from d family of peeps that had gained from d massive corruption in Nigeria, or exploits cheap labour in their workplaces will admit dat Nigerians ar happy and wouldnt do all dat." Now this right here is utter and complete rubbish!!, you can't even be more wrong. In essence anyone who lives in a highbrow area or rather lives the "good life" in Nigeria has probably soiled their hands in some sort of corruption and so they won't want anything to change yea?, i can't even with some of you....... I just can't.
Sorry though, but you may have failed to notice the millions of Engineers, Doctors, Lawyers, accountants, Nurses, enterprenuers, CEOs, MDs, pilots, professors, directors, musicians, actors, actresses, footballers, pharmacist, comedians..... I could go on and on.... Who live the very "good life" you envy so much with no connections to the government whatsoever. I hope this helps "inform" you.

Millions u said. Wats the percentage of 10million out of 160million Nigerians?
Apart from Lagos, PH, Warri, Aba, Enugu and few other metropolis(in african context) do we have in a nation of 160million?
When upto 40% of Nigerians ar livin in Poverty, dat's acceptable to u?
Poverty in a nation dat can afford to pay stipends to unemployed recurrently?
Poverty in a major oil producing nation?
Hav u been to d Middle East?
Do u knw how Emiratis live?
U call wat we ar doin in Nigeria, living abi surviving?
Teacher, please teach me more!
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 9:39am On Apr 05, 2013
I'm nt agitating for a factional/tribal conflict; u would've known dat, assumin u went tru my post indepthly.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 9:44am On Apr 05, 2013
Please is there anyone on Nairaland that have ever had a free medical service at our govt hospitals?
Wat about legal aid at d law court?
Wat about being released after questionin at a police station?
Free education nko?
Una get pipe borne water, nt personal borehole?
Nepa, abi PHCN nko?
Only someone highly insensitive, n believes dat being rich is cos of hardwork n bein destiny wil counter all these.
If evryone is to be snart heads in Naija, do u tink dat d politicians could take us for a ride?
Do u tink dat Baba Ijebu wil make millions from gambling?
Nature created d smart to help d clueless, anytin less dan dat wil be d clueless rising against d smart.
Go read d French Revolution @Godogwu.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 9:50am On Apr 05, 2013
@Godogwu;
I wish u'll go 2 numerous Nigeria's slums, n tell d 'unemployed'/unnemployed graduates dat Nigerias' GDP is growing in leaps n bounds. If u survive d onslaught, go tank ur God.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Godogwu: 10:08am On Apr 05, 2013
Dreamflyin:

Millions u said. Wats the percentage of 10million out of 160million Nigerians?
Apart from Lagos, PH, Warri, Aba, Enugu and few other metropolis(in african context) do we have in a nation of 160million?
When upto 40% of Nigerians ar livin in Poverty, dat's acceptable to u?
Poverty in a nation dat can afford to pay stipends to unemployed recurrently?
Poverty in a major oil producing nation?
Hav u been to d Middle East?
Do u knw how Emiratis live?
U call wat we ar doin in Nigeria, living abi surviving?
Teacher, please teach me more!

Yes, about 40 percent are living in poverty.... Structures have to be put in place to enable the "welfare" type thing you want introduced to Nigeria to cater for the poor. That can't be done and implemented in one year, it takes time. Just so you know, even when these things are put in place, there would still be poor people.

And how exactly do the emiratis live? Or are you going to tell me a poor Emirati can buy a house in VGC or Wuse?
Let go of the sentiments and you could actually make a point.

1 Like

Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Dreamflyin(m): 10:20am On Apr 05, 2013
Godogwu:

Yes, about 40 percent are living in poverty.... Structures have to be put in place to enable the "welfare" type thing you want introduced to Nigeria to cater for the poor. That can't be done and implemented in one year, it takes time. Just so you know, even when these things are put in place, there would still be poor people.

And how exactly do the emiratis live? Or are you going to tell me a poor Emirati can buy a house in VGC or Wuse?
Let go of the sentiments and you could actually make a point.

Poor Emiratis(in european context) can't afford cribs in VGC but can afford a car, a job wit healthcare. In Nigeria, a bricklayer has to work his arse off to make N3k max daily if he got d strenght. Pls do u call dat livin?
I knw u'll say he's a bricklayer, he had no education n dat 3k ia whole lot of money.
Hw about a graduate dat earns 20k a month, n puts in 10hrs of work daily?
Rent even in Ajegunle. lagos is nt smiling.
Bro, be realistic.
For how long would Nigerians wait for such infrastructures to be put in place?
Was it nt dat same allegation of corruption dat brought in d khaki boys?
Did u knw dat some coups were celebrated by Nigerians, b4 d plotters showed their skills in lootin?
Why?
Because Nigerians ar suffering amidst plenty!
All those protesters in fuel subsidy, did they come from space?
Did ACN(though they ar no saints either) pay dem all?
Please, please and please, Nigerians ar nt happy, and d poor shows their grievances tru social crimes. Crime is d only way d poor makes a statement!
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by Godogwu: 10:21am On Apr 05, 2013
Dreamflyin: @Godogwu;
I wish u'll go 2 numerous Nigeria's slums, n tell d 'unemployed'/unnemployed graduates dat Nigerias' GDP is growing in leaps n bounds. If u survive d onslaught, go tank ur God.

LOOL is that how you feel?.........Aii G.
These unemployed/underemployed graduates you speak of, what are their credentials, what area of study, can they defend their degrees?. You don't expect to study philosophy and get a job right out of uni. Same way you can't be a third class graduate going to seek for a job in Shell, elf, zenith etc. A large number of these unemployed graduates want a great paying job right after uni, i mean nothing less than N6m annually and some person eventually takes up that job they earlier rejected/neglected and now its too late.... Nevertheless, this doesn't apply to all cases. The thing is so many factors come into play with regards to employment.... Even when Nigeria gets its refinaries running, not every unemployed graduate will get a job cos so many are still unqualified.
Re: Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! by livethinme: 10:25am On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: No one is stopping you from joining politics brov, why complaining. Join the winning party. How long will you keep complaining and working with opposition that has no game plan? Life is too short oh.

hahaha amazing cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority / Coscharis Introduces The First BMW X7 (PHOTOS) / Innoson Vehicle Used By The Buhari's Administration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.