Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria (839 Views)

Fani-kayode Praises Buhari, Gives Tips On IPOB Issue / Protest In Lagos Over Political Violence In Rivers - Photo / ’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2013
As the former Vice-President of Nigeria, I am deeply pained by the latest surge of violence and the aggressive approach taken by terrorists operating in our country. I am greatly concerned that the Northern region, to which the people of Nigeria and the sub-continent have flocked for centuries, has now become associated with routine, highly organised violent attacks on innocents. There is a great need by both local and international stakeholders to better understand the dynamics behind such senseless killing especially when many Northern elders, politicians, and clerics who have spoken out against these senseless acts of violence have lost their lives...
No amount of poverty, joblessness or personal distress can possibly justify such coldblooded, organised murder of fellow helpless human beings. I wish to call for a deeper inquiry into the actual motivation driving the actions of these criminals as well as an exploration of options and conditions other than the use of force or dragnet arrests.

In the process of identifying the perpetrators, I will continue to counsel against the shameful and disheartening rush to judgment based on ethnic, regional or religious hatred rather than on concrete and verifiable evidence. I am alarmed at the persistence of innuendo and unsubstantiated pronouncements by high officials of state against Northerners and whole communities. I have therefore called on all Nigerians to reject the repeated appeal to parochialism and incitement of hatred by the terrorists and others - to create a unified voice against the violence that is destroying our lives ...
The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria declares very clearly that the welfare and security of the people is the responsibility of the Federal Government. However, the government seems to prefer to denigrate even the smallest glimmer of hope for any form of negotiated solution, with or without conditions that appear. Powerful and bloodthirsty interests seem intent on maintaining the current state of affairs. It is incumbent upon all of us in positions of leadership to explore additional options that are comprised of thoughtful and constructive mechanisms for bringing an end to the slaughter. Any such solutions should I believe, seek to discourage a culture of impunity for wanton killings and the spilling of innocent blood on all sides. In addition to the state’s responsibility to its citizens, the Nigerian people have responsibilities to each other. This is what has made the Nigerian family strong. Nigerians must not lose sight of this enduring fact: that despite the challenges, our future as one united country filled with hope, opportunity and compassion for each other is possible. *Alhaji Abubakar, the Turaki Adamawa, is Nigeria’s former vice-president
Full article at: thisdaylive.com/articles/ending-violence-in-nigeria/144108/
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 9:35am On Apr 05, 2013
The other half of "making Nigeria ungovernable for them" now sharing tips on how to make Nigeria governable by them? Of course he favours amnesty. Poisoned chalice, no?
Someone needs to tell the Northern elites that when we say they have to speak out against the violence in the North, we dont mean on the pages of Southern Newspapers. We mean in the far reaches of their deserts where the blood letters are and in a language they understand not Queens English, thanks but No Thanks.
One would think the former Vice President would have let us in on the secret of how he's managed to keep his Adamawa state (A state bordering Maiduguri the birth place of the present insurgency) and his "American University" with a plethora of foreign lecturers relatively safe and immune from the madness in a region where "Boko" is Haram! Sir those are tips we believe would be more beneficial to your "Nigerian family", you mind sharing?
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by Tolexander: 9:43am On Apr 05, 2013
[size=14pt]At the site of the death of an elephant, there you see different kind of knives(ni ibi isinku erin, orisirisi obe ni a ma ma ri).[/size] Atiku self dey give advice!
Wonder will always refuse to cease ending.
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by talktimi(m): 10:02am On Apr 05, 2013
atiku is just damn lucky I'm not the president if not he and other BH sponsors would be rotting in one dingy cell by now as soon as their names are EVEN mistakenly mentioned. Na there una go knw who be C in C. Rubbish
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by confusion247(m): 10:18am On Apr 05, 2013
Jonathan is weak. How come sponsors of boko haram are allowed to speak with their mouth wide open?
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 10:27am On Apr 05, 2013
confusion247: Jonathan is weak. How come sponsors of boko haram are allowed to speak with their mouth wide open?
Same reason Seun allows you post even though you're a doofus.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by obagangan: 10:45am On Apr 05, 2013
am not suprise @ Atiku's comment, but he should no that the northern leader have to b willing to hell solve this problem
b4 it can come to am end, wat has he ATIKU, BABANGIDA, BUARI, TUKUR, EMIRS, ETC, really done or put in plce to solve this problem, abide talking on the pages of news papars,
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by Odunnu: 10:47am On Apr 05, 2013
Why are they are speaking at the same time now?
Was there a townhall meeting or they don't have grips on the many factions of the group anymore?
God will surely grant me grace to outlive and tell the story of this dark period to my children and children's children
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 11:10am On Apr 05, 2013
^ In stock broking parlance, it's called "taking position" - When investors buy in on a share in anticipation of a windfall in no distant time. With amnesty due in just a matter of time, these ones are positioning themselves for the expected largesse, election money dey come! GEJ has got to be extremely careful here, he's treading on a mine field.
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 05, 2013
Atiku sef dey talk? well he should afterall he made that ugly statement. he who started a war should know how to end it.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by tomakint: 11:31am On Apr 05, 2013
It takes a 'criminal' to know how another criminal can be tamed undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by seanet01: 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
wesley80:
Same reason Seun allows you post even though you're a doofus.
Nuclear Humiliation!
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by seanet01: 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Odunnu: Why are they are speaking at the same time now?
Was there a townhall meeting or they don't have grips on the many factions of the group anymore?
God will surely grant me grace to outlive and tell the story of this dark period to my children and children's children
Children? Then expect the most intense of inserting.
Re: Atiku Gives Tips On Ending Violence In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
^Pervert.

(1) (Reply)

Will Africa Ever Become The Manufacturing Base Of The World? / The President Of Afghanistan Message To Nigeria / President Jonathan Promises Free Trade Zone For South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.