Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design (796 Views)

Directory Of Web Programmers Based In Lagos / The Monthly Income Of Web Designers / Developers In Nigeria / Proposal Letter Of Web Design Fo A Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by Olyboy16(m): 3:56am On Apr 06, 2013
the best web scripting language ever
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by Gmmail(m): 7:51am On Apr 06, 2013
the best javascript language and all Browser compactible
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 06, 2013
lol the best scripting language for JavaScript based on what ? only 90% DOM Manipulation, try to understand why its the best than copying marketing slogans on-line. try out other JS Frameworks first, jQuery is good no doubt but what of Backbone,Dojo,Angular those are more sophisticated than JQuery.
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by Gmmail(m): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2013
@pc_guru Jquery is less sophisticated and easy to implement, well documented with more web developers using it. just like PHP.
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by Olyboy16(m): 10:46am On Apr 06, 2013
Wel u say these scripts are more sophisticated. Tel me about their simplicity in relationship to their ability to manipulate UI easily. All those backbone, dojo, nd e.t.c are good but things change according to preference nd simplicity. Lol man. JQUERY IS UNDOUBTLY THE BEST 4 !!NW!!
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by Olyboy16(m): 10:58am On Apr 06, 2013
Gmmail: @pc_guru Jquery is less sophisticated and easy to implement, well documented with more web developers using it. just like PHP.
i like dat point of view. Infact, basically, jquery cn achieve even these so called sophisticated effects with proper knowledge of the script
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by Nobody: 5:19am On Apr 07, 2013
by sophisticated obviously i didn't mean easy to learn, why shud i be glad something is easy to learn, i meant it's usage, but then again i admit jquery is superb what pisses me off, is the poor jQuery code people write, chaining too many functions, its hard to read and grasp. but still try other libraries trust me you will the light. NOTE: jQuery is also used in most of those frameworks mentioned.
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by yawatide(f): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^^ You are right but IMHO, even for a language as hard as, say, LISP, people will always right bad code. See, you can write code and you can "write" code. For example, I keep telling people that if in the course of writing your code you notice that you are doing the same thing more than once, you need to declare a function, regardless of language. Instead, as in the case of jquery, you will see stuff like this:

#id.click(function(){
#a.show;
#b.hide;
#c.hide;
}

For the "smart" ones among us, of course the above isn't legit jquery but you get my point, hopefully.
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by UncleJJ(m): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
^^^ You are right but IMHO, even for a language as hard as, say, LISP, people will always right bad code. See, you can write code and you can "write" code. For example, I keep telling people that if in the course of writing your code you notice that you are doing the same thing more than once, you need to declare a function, regardless of language. Instead, as in the case of jquery, you will see stuff like this:

#id.click(function(){
#a.show;
#b.hide;
#c.hide;
}

For the "smart" ones among us, of course the above isn't legit jquery but you get my point, hopefully.

I'm lazy, prefer to copy and paste.... cool
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by yawatide(f): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^^ But of course. It's okay if your site is pulling at best, 10 hits a day...if that tongue

If your site is pulling millions, then you have to cut down on the bandwidth costs and the page loads of your users, hence writing efficient code is a must.

1 Like

Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by omni1: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^^ Depending on who knows what to write and edit, not so? Copy and paste the way out for many
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 08, 2013
^^ yes copy and paste, till you encounter an error how do you plan to fix it , and please don't say "stackoverflow"
Re: JQUERY - The Future Of Web Design by UncleJJ(m): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
pc guru: ^^ yes copy and paste, till you encounter an error how do you plan to fix it , and please don't say "stackoverflow"

.. www.sleezy.net/naughtyamerica grin

Check the vdo section, thats a total copy and paste. Infact, the darn code i copied was not built to do that... But u know lazy guys, we are always re_inventing.

(1) (Reply)

Short Critic About Nairaland / I Need A Marketing Agency / The New Shared Button On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.