Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! (1658 Views)

5 Interesting And Shocking Facts About Sunday For Christians / Revelation About The Birth Of O. O. Obu By Prophet Enun Nkpa / The Revelation About The End Time And Angel Appearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by henrisco: 4:17am On Apr 06, 2013
Christians in the house, Do you know sunday worship is not supported by any bible verse? I have been researching this for long, but still cannot find a single biblical evidence to that effect. Instead, all evidence revealed that the catholic authority changed the day of worship from saturday(sabbathday exod 8:20) to sunday. Many of us criticise catholics for worshipping images, yet we observe sunday fixed by them. Please Nairalanders, join me in researching this fact

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by teniyi(m): 4:54am On Apr 06, 2013
A million Dollar truth!
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by venatus25(m): 5:37am On Apr 06, 2013
go and research more, there is nothing wrong since the church owned by christ have all agreed.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by roqchiq(f): 5:44am On Apr 06, 2013
As opposed to what you think,its not really that shocking. I've been aware of this fact since .....

Maybe you should read up on the reason why the church made this decision,then decide if you want to become a sabbatharian or practise judaism,so you can worship on saturday. God gave you a free will,use it!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by badmeat(m): 6:04am On Apr 06, 2013
A lot of christain worship on sundays because our saviour resurrected on a sunday!the original sabbath is saturday!weather friday,saturday or sunday is ur sabbath day,keep it holy!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 06, 2013
bad meat: A lot of christain worship on sundays because our saviour resurrected on a sunday!the original sabbath is saturday!weather friday,saturday or sunday is ur sabbath day,keep it holy!
Interesting... Ur savior resurrected on a Sunday?

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by lecturerdabo(m): 6:29am On Apr 06, 2013
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. (Rom. 14:4-6a)

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by Alwaystrue(f): 6:49am On Apr 06, 2013
Alwaystrue: WHAT IS SABBATH?

The Lord of the Sabbath is Jesus Christ. Matthew 12:1-14. He said this when the Pharisees were asking why His disciples were plucking grain in the field and when the Pharisees asked if they can 'work on the sabbath' as a way to bait him.

Sabath means rest just as God rested on the 7th day from all his labours. This is symbolic of what Christ Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, come to me all you who are burdened and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Jesus is the only one who can give rest and that is why He said Sabbath (rest) was made for man and not man for the Sabbath (rest).

Further on, Paul said:

Hebrews 4:1-8
God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. 2 For this good news—that God has prepared this rest—has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn’t share the faith of those who listened to God .[a] 3 For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said,

“In my anger I took an oath:
‘They will never enter my place of rest,’”

even though this rest has been ready since he made the world. 4 We know it is ready because of the place in the Scriptures where it mentions the seventh day: “On the seventh day God rested from all his work.”[c] 5 But in the other passage God said, “They will never enter my place of rest.”[d]

6 So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. 7 So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted:

“Today when you hear his voice,
don’t harden your hearts.”[e]

8 Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. 9 So there is a special rest[f] still waiting for the people of God. 10 For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. 11 So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall

Does this mean we should not still 'rest' our physical bodies especially. No, because:

Colosians 2:16-17
16 So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.

The law was the shadow and Christ is the full reality or true expression of that shadow/law that is why He came to give the true meaning/fulfillment of what God meant and backed it up with the law.

So whether you chose to 'rest' on Saturday or Sunday, do it all to the Lord for those that trust in Jesus Christ (The Lord of Sabbath) have received His rest ('sabbath').
That is my contribution based on my understanding of scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by frank317: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2013
and the confusion will continue... my question is 'for how long?'
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by italo: 7:29am On Apr 06, 2013
henrisco: Christians in the house, Do you know sunday worship is not supported by any bible verse? I have been researching this for long, but still cannot find a single biblical evidence to that effect. Instead, all evidence revealed that the catholic authority changed the day of worship from saturday(sabbathday exod 8:20) to sunday. Many of us criticise catholics for worshipping images, yet we observe sunday fixed by them. Please Nairalanders, join me in researching this fact

Catholics are this! Catholics are that!

...then be going to Church on Monday morning na...
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by Alwaystrue(f): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2013
Please anyone posting on PC or laptop should please help us copy and paste the contents of the attached file in QUOTE so he does not get banned. Or we can all read and understand with extra searching of Scriptures. It is an article that will explain how Christ fulfilled the righteousness of the law in us believers who walk after the spirit and not the flesh.

Edit: It seems the file did not upload, please use this link instead.
www.cbcg.org/franklin/SA/SA_fullfilllaw.pdf

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 06, 2013
venatus25: go and research more, there is nothing wrong since the church owned by christ have all agreed.
10000000 likes
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by 1MCN: 8:04am On Apr 06, 2013
Although christianity is an offshoot of Judiasm, when it pulled out, it didnt go with every thing Judaism. It took several radical deviations that differentiates it from Judaism--and worshipday is one out of many.

Apostolic christains regard the Day of the Lord higher above every other day, this is evident in almost all chapters of Acts of the Apostles. Christianity was fully empowered on a Sunday after the Ascension (Penticost). On this day it took it's fullscale apostolate. They always gathered together to pray but on the Day of the Lord they never failed to meet for the breaking of the bread. This soon turned into a strong tradition which is backed up by the significance of the Ressurection and the Penticost (the two most important christain memorials).

You might want to say but this is against the divine injunction given to Jews in the old testament and I'd answer that christianity didnt feel any necessity to conform with Judiasm in all aspect and respect, otherwise what's the difference between both.
God bless his church and his people.
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by davonny: 8:25am On Apr 06, 2013
We are gentile christians. Sabbath keeping was not meant for us in the first place.
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by nenergy(m): 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
Acts 20:7...And upon the 1st day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread. Paul preached unto them.
Question is: what's the 1st day of the week? Saturday?smh
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by henrisco: 5:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
I really appreciate all ur contributions. However, i still hv a lot of reservations. God is supreme, Do men hv the right to change the command of God?
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by Oldpath(f): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
Is sabbath a statue for ever?
Gen. 2:2-3
exod.20:8-11; 31:13-17
ezek. 20:12-13; 46:1-2
lev.19:3,30
YES

DID JESUS OBSERVE IT?
MATT.12:1-12; 24:4
mk.1:21; 6:2; 15:42
Lk.4:16,31; 6:1-9, 13:10,
Jn.9:16; 19:31

WHAT OF THE APOSTLES?
LK.23:54-56
acts 13:14,27,42,44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4.

Why would they keep this commandment and ask us to break?
Col.2:16 is explained by matt.12:1-12.
The word of God does not contracdict itself. We are misinterpreting bible nowadays which is error of the wicked(2pet.3:15-17, Isa. 29:10-13).
God will help us.
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by osifred(m): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
henrisco: I really appreciate all ur contributions. However, i still hv a lot of reservations. God is supreme, Do men hv the right to change the command of God?

If God has a problem with that am sure he would have communicated it to the church
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by davonny: 9:47am On Apr 07, 2013
Pls read the book of Act 15:1-29. I'm sure this will help u. We are christians and not jews. The laws , both the ceremonial and moral laws were meant for the jews only.
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by henrisco: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2013
I strongly disaggree with the last two contributors. God has given us his commands as the creator, john 14:15 Says 'if u love me keep my commandments. At judgement,those that are faithful to his commands will b saved. If u say the laws of God is for the jew,it means salvation is for the jews only. We hv one GOD and one bible. If God's law is for the jews which is for Nigerians?. Do we hv a different God or bible. What do u mean? God commanded us not to commit fornication,adultery, not to kill,not to bow to images and to remenber to rest on the seventhday(God was specific) now u say these laws are for the jews. No wonder fornication,adultery,murder,stealing and ot her evils are now everwhere. No two ways about it,if u want to serve God,follow the bible. If u want to obey satan continue to do evil and wait for God's wrath.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by wazobiaforu(m): 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
I tire for some people ooo, they will never ready to admit the truth

The fact that i am doing something does'nt mean i should go any lenght to defend it

Laws are for the Jews but when it come to Salvation then you will admit that salvation is for all country

Maybe i should continue reading Bible till i will see the laws for Nigeria

Mtcheeeeew
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by henrisco: 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2013
wazobia_for_u: I tire for some people ooo, they will never ready to admit the truth

The fact that i am doing something does'nt mean i should go any lenght to defend it
Laws are for the Jews but when it come to Salvation then you will admit that salvation is for all country
Thanks a million. That is the problem i see in this forum. When u discover that u are doing something wrong.try to change and embrace the truth instead of defending ur wrong. If 99% of people on earth chose to continue in sin, that will not make God to accept sin as a good thing. Bible tells us that many are called but few are chosen. Not all that say father,father that will enter into his kingdom,but only those that do his will. If u claim to b a christian and delight in disobeying God's command, then u are obeying satan. Be warned!
Maybe i should continue reading Bible till i will see the laws for Nigeria

Mtcheeeeew
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by jayriginal: 11:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
henrisco: Christians in the house, Do you know sunday worship is not supported by any bible verse?

Do you know that pounded yam is not supported by any bible verse?
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by Yeahmee: 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
According to the law, the Jews are to worship on the Sabbath day but the early Christians did not have a particular day for fellowship, at a time, they fellowship everyday according to convenience.
And when these were needs for the saints in Jerusalem, Paul asked the brethren to collect donations every first day so as to make it burdenless, he wasnot telling them that the first day should necessarily be fellowship day.
In fact, the first recorded Virgil was when Paul was going to leave for a long while, he organised the night meeting cos he had stuff to tell them and not necessarily because its good to have night virgils.
A close look at the scripture shows that everything regarding to fellowship was done with convimence.
I am not necessarily making a case for sunday fellowship but it just seems to be an agreed convinent time for fellowship.
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by Ninilowo(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2013
italo:

Catholics are this! Catholics are that!

...then be going to Church on Monday morning na...
Abi now
Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by samkadya(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
If Christ and His followers did not change the Sabbath, how then did the “change” come about? The Roman Catholic Church answers the question for us:
“The [Catholic] Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant, claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday. In this matter the Seventh Day Adventist is the only consistent Protestant.” – “The Question Box,” The Catholic Universe Bulletin, August 14, 1942, p.4.
Eusebius, one of the Church Fathers, wrote about the “change”: “All things whatsoever that it was duty to do on the Sabbath, these we have transfered to the Lord’s day.” – Commentary on the Psalms, Eusebius, cited in Commentary on the Apocalypse, Moses Stuart, Vol. 2, p. 40.
Under the heading, ”Change of the Sabbath,” one Catholic Catechism contains this interesting material:
“Question: Which is the Sabbath day?
“Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transfered the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.” – Peter Geiermann, The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957 ed.), p.50.
Centuries ago Daniel the prophet was shown in vision the rise of a power which would “think to change times and laws.” (Daniel 7:25.) We should not, then, be surprised when the papal power appears on the stage of action and confirms that it was , indeed, the Catholic Church that has “thought to change” God’s law – His Ten Commandments, including God’s seventh-day Sabbath.
http://whatissabbath.net/how-was-the-sabbath-changed/

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About Sunday Worshrp! by ets7: 8:44am On Sep 14, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Pastors With Big Rings / In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? / A Rat Tore My Psalm 35 To Pieces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.