Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Are Nigerians Really Cowards? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Really Cowards? (608 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Radio Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Just Called Igbos Standing On The Sideline Cowards / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by phoneport(m): 7:56am On Apr 06, 2013
Over the years and the little time of my existence here on earth and this once illustrious nation duped The Giant of African and the Pride of the Black Race, i have come to love Nigeria and be proud of my heritage.
From the North, East, West and through out the South I heard and read of great Hero's who were once motal like me, and I thought, "what a nation of brave man and patriots, willing even to die for their country."
Read our past history and you will know what I am talking about.
The only constant thing in life is change like they say. So change is not the problem, but what one changes into.

But this is no longer the story today. Things have changed drastically in 360 degrees .And that is what pronged my mind and made me to sit down and think. Watching with trepidation and almost aware the spite of a nation we have become in world today, the shame we have all become collectively.
Politically we have failed and today poverty, violence, terrorism, and corruption reigns.
Economically we have invited in Inflation, debt, hunger an starvation, criminality.
Socially friendship turn sour into kidnaping, nepotism, religious INTORLERANCE, tribalism, and segregation.
Every structure and sector begin affected and yet the people, you and I keep quite and act as if nothing is happening
Little by little we try to wish away this ills from our subconsciousness.
If wishes were horses even beggars would ride. The government is wicked, they are corrupt we all say but remember these politician are our brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, uncle, aunties and relatives, so they are our own reflections so it seem we can't do anything to change the system. But I tell you know go and read the history of great revolutions which took place in the world, they start from the people ordinary people like you and I.

Are we so fearful and afraid that even when we are alive some people are robbing us blind, cheating, looting, oppressing, ruining and killing us. And yet we are hoping that one day they will leave us alone.
All want to make heaven but nobody want to sacrifice, and I tell you this is the Hall mark of a Coward.
So are we Cowards? Nigerians can't we even stand up to fight for our stolen rights and mandate? Are we really Cowards.

Of late some major world political events even in some country not as big or viable like Nigeria made me to finally conclude that:
How destiny is in our hands and posterity, our children will ask us what we were able to do to better ours and their lot in life.
Or may be one day they will ask us if:
WE WERE COWARDS!

Are we really COWARDS?

TO BE CONTINUED.
Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by Emusan(m): 8:35am On Apr 06, 2013
Nigerians are types of people that rejoice in hardship and proud in poverty. Nobody wants to face reality.

My view anyway!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by TUMIC(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
Na today you know say Nigerians MUMU.
Nonsense
Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by ladychoice: 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2013
Der is no need to fight self! Its to carry hoe and weed out PDP from dis country! Thank God for d new era of d media dis will happen soon. Pple lik david mark tryin to put aa stop to social media shall be destroyed!
Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by Vansnickers: 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2013
Let's do this:

Imagine if we get rid of all our current leaders, the ones currently in office and the ones behind the scenes. The OBJs and the IBBs. Will that improve the Country? NO!! It won't. You see if these current leaders are removed, they'll be replaced by a new breed of corrupt leaders, the cycle continues. Leaders are selected from the same polluted populace.
Unless we change this Money-Money Mentality most Nigerians have, fighting corruption will be the same as Hercules fighting the Hydra, once one head is cut off, two more grow back.
Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by citizenY(m): 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
Its hard to say, where do we dtaw the line and differentiate cowardice, indifference, patriotism , rabid nepotism and docility from adult/elite delinquency ?

Our political culture has failed us. One way or the other, new means of social intercourse must be explored .

I want somebody to tell me what Nigerians, or our leaders know about cillective goals and aspirations, apart from unity and faith....whatever that means!!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by phoneport(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
You only get banana in a banana republic or what else do you expect
Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by TUMIC(m): 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
phoneport: You only get banana in a banana republic or what else do you expect

Meaning what?
Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by ckkris: 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
TUMIC:

Meaning what?
Meaning this satanic topic poster should be first to start fighting to overthrow the GOVT, or whatever he's instigating others to do.
Re: Are Nigerians Really Cowards? by rash47(m): 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
Our's is a complex country with complex people, the average mind can't discern the problem with nigeria....so so unfortunate.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Amnesty: The Last Bullet That The North Has Used To Bring Down GEJ / Meet The First Lady And First Lady Of Iceland: Johanna And Jonina / JEEZ: [video] Angry Mother Throws Her Toddler Aways So She Can Fight [download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.