Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,806 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown (5419 Views)

Burutai Moves Army Institute To His Hometown / John Godson,Nigerian-Born Polish Legislator Visits His Hometown (Pics) / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by CyberG: 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
yuzedo: Hope there'll be a lying-in-state in Lagos, just like Fela had at TBS. Not too sure I can make the trip to Ogidi next month to pay my respect.

BIG NOOO to that idea! Either keep him where he is or take him through any other airport not in the West or North or South South. Why TBS in the country home of the Yorubas who checkmated his utopian Biafra dream, the people he cowardly attacked from a tribalistic book while he had not enough courage to go And tell them in person. Don't pollute the land by taking him by taking him to the TBS, anywhere in iboland would be okay. Just stating the facts here and I am not looking into getting drawn into a back and forth hateful exchange.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by PHIPEX(m): 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
CyberG:

BIG NOOO to that idea! Either keep him where he is or take him through any other airport not in the West or North or South South. Why TBS in the country home of the Yorubas who checkmated his utopian Biafra dream, the people he cowardly attacked from a tribalistic book while he had not enough courage to go And tell them in person. Don't pollute the land by taking him by taking him to the TBS, anywhere in iboland would be okay. Just stating the facts here and I am not looking into getting drawn into a back and forth hateful exchange.
made in nigeria: why bring him to nigeria...he preferred staying in the US and kept on pointing fingers from there instead of coming home like the other icons of nigeria to see what good he could do for nigeria..nigeria doesn't need his corpse..he should be buried in where he called home...abi boston no get burial ground ni
You guys have started a war you can't win again. If I read well, Achebe will be buried in his father's land not in Ikoyi cemetry so stop drinking panadol for another man's headache.

5 Likes

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by osifred(m): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
Is nigeria a grave yard?

1 Like

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by madridsta007(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
“The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart.”

― Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart

Rest on, The Iroko.

4 Likes

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
[size=16pt]I sincerely hope his relatives dont give him a christian funeral. They must give him a Traditional funeral since he championed the cause of Pagan Igbos. or else his soul wont rest in peace. .[/size] sad
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by madridsta007(m): 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
Yomieluv: RIP,tribalistic literary Icon. May your soul rest in Peace.

'One who respects the great paves way for his own greatness'

-Chinua Achebe.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by HarvardGrad: 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
It amazes me how every i.diot I meet wants to be buried in Nigeria but don't want to live there. Nigeria is not a f*cking grave yard, and OUR corpses are of no use to the country.

I respect every man's right to live wherever he chooses, but please do not insult Nigerians by telling your children to take your corpse back to Nigeria. This has become a trend among Nigerians in the Diaspora

1 Like

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
@Harvard-grad: I think that sentiment is mostly held by the older generation (60 years and above). The Nigerian youth in the diaspora don't give a damn where they (youth) will bf buried.

*I wish I was a Princeton grad* grin
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by CyberG: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
PHIPEX: You guys have started a war you can't win again. If I read well, Achebe will be buried in his father's land not in Ikoyi cemetry so stop drinking panadol for another man's headache.

Open your eyes and read my post again. I spoke directly and mentioned that I don't want a back and forth but he should not even be brought close to anywhere close to anywhere except directly to iboland. The people he abused, the country he derided and wanted destroyed should not be forced to do what he willingly did not do when alive, e.g. merely visiting. No wars from me at least, just telling you my opinion.
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Classicalman(m): 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
CyberG:

I will restrain myself from replying you because of God. I urge OAM4J and Afam to do their job.
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Classicalman(m): 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
PHIPEX: You guys have started a war you can't win again. If I read well, Achebe will be buried in his father's land not in Ikoyi cemetry so stop drinking panadol for another man's headache.
If na Yorubas we attack now, Sexkils will go on a banning and hiding posts spree. No wahala.

1 Like

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by CyberG: 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
Classicalman: If na Yorubas we attack now, Sexkils will go on a banning and hiding posts spree. No wahala.

For goodness sake, what is it that I said in my posts that is not true or hateful or is an attack on a tribe? Please mods, if there are lies in that post or name calling, kindly hide the posts.
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2013
Chinua Achebe is Biafran and he must be buried in Biafraland. Achebe hated Nigeria but never hated Biafra. I don't know his haters are whining over nothing. just pray for the repose of his soul.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by BrokenTV: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
‎؛‎ capital letter Zap YOU. shame on your,failure.
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by beautifulll: 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
5alive: 2 H_LL with him joor.
Wu c_res
grin
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by vanstanzy(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
How has the MIGHTY fallen? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by rossi49ja(m): 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
Parnassuss: Well I doubt Achebe would have accepted any help from this govt even to lift a stone, I hope his family doesn't get tempted to taint the man's great legacies.
same opinion man.
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2013

The stupid mod called sexkillz won't see this now.

1 Like

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
CyberG:

Where is the rapist sexkillz who molest small children? Time to do your job and you have started sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Jomark(m): 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
5alive: 2 H_LL with him joor.
Wu c_res
i pity the woman that gave birth to you!

1 Like

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Jomark(m): 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
osifred: Is nigeria a grave yard?
from your comments here, you surely have a lot of business with trouble!
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Jomark(m): 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
Harvard-Grad:
It amazes me how every i.diot I meet wants to be buried in Nigeria but don't want to live there. Nigeria is not a f*cking grave yard, and OUR corpses are of no use to the country.

I respect every man's right to live wherever he chooses, but please do not insult Nigerians by telling your children to take your corpse back to Nigeria. This has become a trend among Nigerians in the Diaspora
then ask your deluded brain why so many intellectuals run out of this country. You spilled words as you would spill feaces! Be wise and reason with mature mind!!
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Jomark(m): 11:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
Classicalman: If na Yorubas we attack now, Sexkils will go on a banning and hiding posts spree. No wahala.
you said the truth!
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Jomark(m): 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
gboss4sure:

Where is the rapist sexkillz who molest small children? Time to do your job and you have started sleeping.
...lol!
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 07, 2013
gboss4sure: The stupid mod called sexkillz won't see this now.

This isn't my section. If you see an offensive or abusive post, then use the "report to moderator" button.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by OurYansh: 12:16am On Apr 07, 2013
sexkillz:

This isn't my section. If you see an offensive or abusive post, then use the "report to moderator" button.

Abeg carry your Albino face go ur mumu romance section.

There are no little boys to molest in this section.

Thank You..

1 Like

Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by igboboy1(m): 2:52am On Apr 07, 2013
made in nigeria: why bring him to nigeria...he preferred staying in the US and kept on pointing fingers from there instead of coming home like the other icons of nigeria to see what good he could do for nigeria..nigeria doesn't need his corpse..he should be buried in where he called home...abi boston no get burial ground ni

A bonafide idiot....too much ofe mmanu has spoilt your olodo-wa brain
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by calcal: 5:15am On Apr 07, 2013
RIP - home is home, lesson to those that think the motherland is worthless.
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Niceguy2112(m): 6:20am On Apr 07, 2013
Re: Achebe May Be Buried Next Month At His Hometown by Niceguy2112(m): 6:24am On Apr 07, 2013
Why do you think your opinion even counts? If they decide to bury him in his hometown or anywhere else in Nigeria, what can you do about it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Fashola Spends N400 Million Per 1MW Of Electricity. / TA Orji Commissions Aba Mega Mall The Biggest Mall In Africa / When They Tell You That Chief Of Army Staff Is A Northerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.