Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing (3164 Views)

Val's Dinner: Rate My Fiancee And I. :D / Single Lady Wants Married Women To Know Why They Date Their Husbands / Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 2:31pm On Apr 06, 2013
This is the most challenge that all men face (especially single and searching guys)

"To pay or not to pay, that is the question."

Here are some of the problems that "paying" creates:

1. It sets you up as the one who is "pursuing" the woman, which gives away your power to her.

2. It can be expensive.

3. It usually causes women to play even "harder to get".

4. It triggers all kinds of "courtship" behaviors. Like her making you prove yourself, waiting to have sex, etc.

5. The places you'll be going to "pay" are often not the best places to actually get to know another human being.

Movies, fancy dinners, etc., aren't natural environments and they don't lead to people "being themselves".

So, what other choice do you have?

Well, the FIRST thing you should do is CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK ABOUT "DATING"...and "paying".

Most guys just naturally assume that if they're "taking a girl out" that they need to take her to a show or movie, a nice restaurant for dinner, etc.

And by the way, this is actually part of a much BIGGER issue...that most guys feel OBLIGATED to give things to women, buy them things...and basically PAY for their attention and affection.

Of course, these are basically the WORST places to go with a woman in the beginning because, as I mentioned above, they aren't very "natural" places to be.

Instead of asking a woman "out to dinner", try this...

When you're talking on the phone about getting together say:

"Let's meet for a bottle of beer. This way, if YOU turn out to be a complete spoiled brat, I can run away easily."

This will get a laugh, and it will get her thinking to herself, "Wow, this guy is funny and different, I can’t want to meet him."

In-case you don’t this…

---------------------------------------------
This is exactly where you want her to be.
---------------------------------------------

When you meet for drink, actually drink beer.

After you have drinks for 30 or 60 minutes, decide how YOU like HER. If you want to continue say either:
"Hey, let's keep talking. I want to shop for a bit, come along."

...or...

"Hey, let's keep talking. Where are you parked? You can follow me..." (to your place, of course).

In either case, just assume that she will go along with whatever you're doing, and she almost always will if you're doing a good job well.

If you do go out "shopping", go to a funky alternative neighborhood that has movie shops, record stores, ethnic food restaurants, etc. Every city has an area like this, so go there.

These places are SO GREAT because they have fun and interesting conversation BUILT RIGHT IN.

If things are going well, and you're enjoying the time with her, you can then have her follow you over to your place.

Again, just tell her that you're enjoying the conversation, and that you'd like to continue...and for her to follow you.

Total expense (if you pay for her drink and yours):

A few bucks.

How much better is this than taking her out to an expensive meal and trying to have a normal conversation across a table while being forced to stare right at each other all night?

You do the math.

If you actually do a little creative thinking, you can figure out ALL KINDS of great things to do that cost little or no money at all when you go out with women.

Extra bonus:

When you don't do "normal" dating things, women will tend to play "hard to get" less. They'll expect less in the way of gifts and money spent on them and they'll actually HAVE MORE FUN.

That’s right. Seriously.

And if you're reading this right now, and you haven't yet downloaded my FREE REPORT on dating and meeting women, you really need to get a copy. It's the foundation for everything I teach in these posts, and it will make EVERYTHING about women and dating make more sense.

It's at...

http://www.woonaijawomen.com

2 Likes

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
what is this?
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
baibijay: what is this?

Something you probably shouldn't be looking at, honey.

1 Like

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Copy and paste oyibo bullshyt. tongue
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
bukason1:

Something you probably shouldn't be looking at, honey.

sure, i shouldn't be looking @ shìt.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by aadetoyin(f): 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: Copy and paste oyibo bullshyt. tongue

No mind am. Na real copy and paste. This article doesn't relate with the African society at all.
I can count the number of times that I have paid for dinner when I go out with Hubby, its either his birthday or just one of those days that he deserves a treat. If not, he is paying.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: Copy and paste oyibo bullshyt. tongue

Trust me bro, none of my posts is copy and paste. (I currently got 2 products on this subject to back it up)

As for the "oyibo bullshyt" as you put it, well all I can say is, it depends on where you live - which will ultimately decide the type and kind of women you meet.

Be good.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Idowuogbo(f): 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
Blah blah blah and more fevking BLAH! Broke mudafuckers.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Sapphire86(f): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Idowuogbo: Blah blah blah and more fevking BLAH! Broke mudafuckers.

Gbam!!
Luk @ d poor excuse of a man talking. I pity all the females in ur life e.g wife, daughters, sisters etc
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
aadetoyin:

No mind am. Na real copy and paste. This article doesn't relate with the African society at all.
I can count the number of times that I have paid for dinner when I go out with Hubby, its either his birthday or just one of those days that he deserves a treat. If not, he is paying.

Sorry sweetie, but I don't think you "get it".

Let me try to explain.

1. This topic is for "men only".

2. And when I say men, I meant "single guys" who don't yet have someone like you to call their own.

You know how you used to hated it when every guy that approached you try to impress you with expensive dinner, fancy car and bosting about how much they are worth.

I know you get it.

Well that's exacly what I'm teaching my fellow bros to avoid doing.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
Idowuogbo: Blah blah blah and more fevking BLAH! Broke mudafuckers.

You know sweet heart, if I was just any other guy, I would be offend by your words.

Well, thankfully I'm not. And for the record - I couldn't possibly be broke - atleast for more 20 years to come. Lol.

Let's play nice, alright.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Sapphire86:

Gbam!!
Luk @ d poor excuse of a man talking. I pity all the females in ur life e.g wife, daughters, sisters etc

You know I love it whenever my writing generate such heat. It makes me be 100% sure that I got gold.

And for comment that you "pity the women in my life" - actually sweetie the opposite should be the case.

I mean got like testomies to comfirm this.

All the women in my life, always tells me that, I'm the most wonderful and generous man they have ever met.

Sound like a lie, doesn't it?

But it's really not.

You see, if you pay a real attention to all my posts, you will see the core of what i teach.

Which is NOT: TREAT WOMEN BAD.

Far from it.

BUT...

TREAT WOMEN VERY GOOD... BUT... ON YOUR OWN TERMS!

Get it?
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Sapphire86(f): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
bukason1:

You know I love it whenever my writing generate such heat. It makes me be 100% sure that I got gold.

And for comment that you "pity the women in my life" - actually sweetie the opposite should be the case.

I mean got like testomies to comfirm this.

All the women in my life, always tells me that, I'm the most wonderful and generous man they have ever met.

Sound like a lie, doesn't it?

But it's really not.

You see, if you pay a real attention to all my posts, you will see the core of what i teach.

Which is NOT: TREAT WOMEN BAD.

Far from it.

BUT...

TREAT WOMEN VERY GOOD... BUT... ON YOUR OWN TERMS!

Get it?

Of course it is easier 2 get online n say u r d f**king best.
Nobody asked u 2 treat women good above ur terms!

Get it!!
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
Sapphire86:

Of course it is easier 2 get online n say u r d f**king best.
Nobody asked u 2 treat women good above ur terms!

Get it!!

You are a feisty one, aren't you.

I like it.

Well, you don't have to tell me to treat women good - just the way my mama brought me up.

And for the record, yeah I got it.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Gamji007: 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
Its seems many ladies are not finding this wonderful piece interesting!

Nice one op. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 07, 2013
What is wrong for a woman to pay for what she consumed or about to consume?
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by TalkingToYaSelf: 3:32am On Apr 07, 2013
tpacalipse: What is wrong for a woman to pay for what she consumed or about to consume?

^You Alwayz on some Bitter Bullshit

Some Nigerian Women Took you to the Cleaners

Stole ya Heart, Ya Cash, Ya Cars, Ya Soul, Ya Spirit, Ya Spine, Ya Life.

Every GodDamn Thang......

Some Woman took the Total Essence of Your Complete Vital Being

Relegated You to an Anti Woman Forum Preacher of Some Sort.

She Extracted Your Soul My Niqqah, The Total Exodus of Your Existence

Have a Good Day Sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
Gamji007: Its seems many ladies are not finding this wonderful piece interesting!

Nice one op. wink

Yes bro, they are really not. I mean I'm like under open fire - which make it more interesting.

Thanks bro.

Peace.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
tpacalipse: What is wrong for a woman to pay for what she consumed or about to consume?

Absolutely NOTHING.

I mean, I like it when the woman pick up the bill - or tried to - as the case may be.

If you can get one of those, big "kposaa" for you (did I spell that correctly).

Keep living it up.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
TalkingToYaSelf:

^You Alwayz on some Bitter Bullshit

Some Nigerian Women Took you to the Cleaners

Relegated You to an Anti Woman Forum Preacher of Some Sort.

She Extracted Your Soul My Niqqah, The Total Exodus of Your Existence

Have a Good Day Sir.

Nice! ANOTHER ONE AGAIN.

Okay sweetie, let me see if I can reply this real quick.

#1. You describe me with so many words (both the ones I understand and the ones I care not-to) that it's a bit hard to reply to your post.

#2. I got to ask. Why use all that color? I mean it's not like we can't see what you wrote in black.

#3. Your language. This might be another one of "my personal opinion". But you don't really sound "Lady-like".

In you post, you said and I quote: "Some Nigerian Women Took you to the Cleaners

Relegated You to an Anti Woman Forum Preacher of Some Sort."

---------------------------
Which begs the question...
---------------------------

Have you NOT been paying attention at all?

I mean I have answered and responded to all the: "woman broke your heart so you are taking it out on other women" comments.

I going refer you back to a respond I made to "Sapphire86".

Pay attention sweetie, it goes a long way.

Or do you just like "TalkingToYaSelf". Lol.

I always have a nice day.

Peace.

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by kambo(m): 3:20am On Apr 09, 2013
this is not a nigerian -- maybe a foreigner with a black pix on his website.
i see pieces of other dating coaches writing in the write up..
besides this poster hasnt been or is based in naija.
visited your site -- if you're targeting the naija market ,
produce naija books (with real 9ja babes and models on the pages )
the intro isnt even naijan.
"lets meet for a bottle of beer"! -- guy , naija babes dont have a beer drinking culture.yeah some trip over guinness but to be guzzling over over sized bottles of
gulder, star etc - in the west their beer bottles are smaller and the trend is
setting in here but it is not the wide spread culture for a naija babe to
guzzle beer not to talk of going on a beer date.!!

"alternatve neigbourhood" - u wish - where ? in the many littered middle class or slums
in naija (guy u're plagiarizing western content or a westener trying to sell your wares
in naija soil. better come live here for some years to adapt to the setting.. )
".. with movie shops etc " -- before silver bird brought it galleria (wich isnt even popular)
movie going was a phrase we heard or saw in western media.
naijans dont have a movie going culture dude.
movies are watched at home or on laptops or pc's.
try telling naija girl - "lets go to the movies .. in sokoto or anywhere where silver bird no dey "
. and any babe in her late 20's aint no movie going fan.

alternative places? "every city has these?" --
you dont live in naija.
a sandwich of some decent places - with clear intention to keep it out of access of
the non rich.
some sprinkling of middle class neighbourhoods
stretches of slums.
middle class neighbourhoods contain blocks of houses same with rich neighbourhoods.
people dont walk around -- its considerd poor - everybody wants to drive cuz
in most cases there no town planning for walk ways -
its just one lane road for cars and plots for houses.
and when you're driving in a car you can't drive slow enough to sight see ,
most roads are jammed with traffic in the morning and night when workers are going/returning from work..
so sorry guy -- you'r selling western content or your head is in the clouds..

you pay and she pay..
ha!!
most naija girls are dead ass broke-- forget their externals--
they buy all them externals to attract a guy (that's all they got going)
so you a see a nice looking girl and put this proposition for
splitting cost 50/50 -- you'll either get her clutching her pride and sprinting
or buckling and confessing "nothing dey.."
for those naija babes who aint dead broke -- none students, working sisters,
rich/well-off peeps ,
most won't buy your proposition - they just dont give.
believe me.
a naija babe can have N100 000 idle cash around and still want to collect N500 from her bobo for
recharge card. they're this stingy.
A naija babe can be dating a guy for 6 years and never for once advance a gift worth
N10 000 despite her being a working babe! if a naija babe spends on a guy - there's
a catch - she has eyes on locking in the guy (in marraige ) , she can go the mile to
polish him up (lie steal cheat sleep around etc ) even sponsor him abroad IF AND ONLY IF
she's sure she'll bag him at the end like a metal trophy!
that's the exception.
when a naija babe spends on a guy - its an investment.
so mister , wake up -- you aint no naijan.
and stop pulling the wool over our eyes with this crappy reeeky white western bullshit.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 09, 2013
Yes OP which girl doesn't like getting intoxicated (with beer) on her first date with a guy angry
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by ektbear: 7:10am On Apr 09, 2013
How is it possible to avoid paying on a date? Honestly if a girl says she wants to pay for dinner, that is very likely a bad sign. A sign you ain't getting no nookie that night..
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by 190: 7:16am On Apr 09, 2013
Nigerian girls won't find this post funny

OP do you want them to starve undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Creamish(f): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2013
bukason1:

When you meet for drink, actually drink beer.

After you have tea for 30 or 60 minutes, decide how YOU like HER. If you want to continue say either:

Seriously? u drink tea after the beer? in which garden/bar? . . . U sure this actually applies to Naija men? grin
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by pleep(m): 8:44am On Apr 09, 2013
Good post man, i've been looking for other ways to date other than the same old dinner and a movie. Not only is it getting old but its not fun.

And you are right the hard to get stuff starts going into over-drive once you take girls on a traditional date. Nice observation, you clearly know what you are talking about.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by pleep(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2013
I honestly have never seen the appeal in sitting across from a random female stranger and watching them eat....lol

Im sure this experience is 90X worse for u Naija based bruthas
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Creamish(f): 9:01am On Apr 09, 2013
On a serious note . . i think the guyz are the ones shooting themselves. If u dont have it, dont flaunt to impress. If she likes u without it, its genuine. On the other hand, if ur d generous sort, dont get discouraged. Just be careful not to fall mugu.

Personally, its not about the money finally . . its his xter dat matters. Iv got a great job so gifts dont impress me. A simple date like a walk down a quiet road, time @ d beach or just chilling at a park does it for me. wink
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 09, 2013
Bits and pieces of the post make a great deal of sense. Although it is nonsensical to expect a naija girl to pay when you take her out. It simply doesn't work in our culture. Other than this, I agree with some of the other points in the post.

For instance, I simply don't do movie and restaurant 'dates' because they are generally a bleeping waste of time. And yes, I agree they trigger unnecessary 'courtship' behaviours in some confused women. It's more effective to take them to lounges/bars and decent 'beer parlours' (lol) where you can have your beer/wine while she has hers, over plates of mende mende. I agree its a more relaxed and 'natural' environment than some stoopid and stiff fancy restaurant or movie theatre. Then again, it shows you are doing things on your own terms, playing by your own rules, which is always crucial.

I can only take a girl to the movies if she asks for it at some point, and then it must be a girl that I am already intimate with, not some new girl still trying to play hard-to-get on her fat ass. If she no gree, make she waka. Others plenty for queue.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
kambo: this is not a nigerian -- maybe a foreigner with a black pix on his website.
i see pieces of other dating coaches writing in the write up..
besides this poster hasnt been or is based in naija.
visited your site -- if you're targeting the naija market ,
produce naija books (with real 9ja babes and models on the pages )
the intro isnt even naijan.
"lets meet for a bottle of beer"! -- guy , naija babes dont have a beer drinking culture.yeah some trip over guinness but to be guzzling over over sized bottles of
gulder, star etc - in the west their beer bottles are smaller and the trend is
setting in here but it is not the wide spread culture for a naija babe to
guzzle beer not to talk of going on a beer date.!!

"alternatve neigbourhood" - u wish - where ? in the many littered middle class or slums
in naija (guy u're plagiarizing western content or a westener trying to sell your wares
in naija soil. better come live here for some years to adapt to the setting.. )
".. with movie shops etc " -- before silver bird brought it galleria (wich isnt even popular)
movie going was a phrase we heard or saw in western media.
naijans dont have a movie going culture dude.
movies are watched at home or on laptops or pc's.
try telling naija girl - "lets go to the movies .. in sokoto or anywhere where silver bird no dey "
. and any babe in her late 20's aint no movie going fan.

alternative places? "every city has these?" --
you dont live in naija.
a sandwich of some decent places - with clear intention to keep it out of access of
the non rich.
some sprinkling of middle class neighbourhoods
stretches of slums.
middle class neighbourhoods contain blocks of houses same with rich neighbourhoods.
people dont walk around -- its considerd poor - everybody wants to drive cuz
in most cases there no town planning for walk ways -
its just one lane road for cars and plots for houses.
and when you're driving in a car you can't drive slow enough to sight see ,
most roads are jammed with traffic in the morning and night when workers are going/returning from work..
so sorry guy -- you'r selling western content or your head is in the clouds..

you pay and she pay..
ha!!
most naija girls are dead ass broke-- forget their externals--
they buy all them externals to attract a guy (that's all they got going)
so you a see a nice looking girl and put this proposition for
splitting cost 50/50 -- you'll either get her clutching her pride and sprinting
or buckling and confessing "nothing dey.."
for those naija babes who aint dead broke -- none students, working sisters,
rich/well-off peeps ,
most won't buy your proposition - they just dont give.
believe me.
a naija babe can have N100 000 idle cash around and still want to collect N500 from her bobo for
recharge card. they're this stingy.
A naija babe can be dating a guy for 6 years and never for once advance a gift worth
N10 000 despite her being a working babe! if a naija babe spends on a guy - there's
a catch - she has eyes on locking in the guy (in marraige ) , she can go the mile to
polish him up (lie steal cheat sleep around etc ) even sponsor him abroad IF AND ONLY IF
she's sure she'll bag him at the end like a metal trophy!
that's the exception.
when a naija babe spends on a guy - its an investment.
so mister , wake up -- you aint no naijan.
and stop pulling the wool over our eyes with this crappy reeeky white western bullshit.

Ah-ha!

Alright bro, let's see what the pros is here.

Although your post is somewhat "jaga-jaga", not well formated and waaay three long for a reply - hence making it hard to read and understand - I think I kinda fell asleep in middle. Lol.

Just kidding.

From what I can make out your post, it seem your issue is not so much from this post - but my credibility, and whether I'm a true Naija guy or not and also if this post really apply to Nigerians.

Am I right?

I think "pro01" ansered the question - if this truely apply to Nigeria society.

And Finally "Creamish" put the final nail in the coffin with her response.

And guess what bro, SHE IS A LADY.

So, what does that tells you?

I'm sure I don't need to say anymore.

Am I truely a Naija Guy?

You bet your a*s - I am!

And a very proud one at that.

Every materials and photos you saw on my website 101% me and all apply to Nigerian Culture.

Keep it light.

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Yes OP which girl doesn't like getting intoxicated (with beer) on her first date with a guy angry

Sweetheart!

Don't worry, I know a trick question when I see one.

And do me a favor, next time you want to make a post here, add pretty picture of yourself. (Preferably with your hot girlfriends) - there are way two many prospects for you here.

Be good.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
pleep: Good post man, i've been looking for other ways to date other than the same old dinner and a movie. Not only is it getting old but its not fun.

And you are right the hard to get stuff starts going into over-drive once you take girls on a traditional date. Nice observation, you clearly know what you are talking about.

Much apprech bro,

Now you are getting it.

Let's show them who the boss is. Lol.

Keep it up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sharia Approved Condoms. / Ten Reasons Why You Should Date A Qualified Engineer. / I Caught My Man With Another Woman In A Hotel, What Should I Do To Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.