Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru (821 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants' Plot To Arm-Twist Buhari Fails - Vanguard / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by WizPrince1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
=> TREAT BOKO HARAM LIKE NIGER DELTA MILITANTS.

The killings and destruction of the Boko Haram insurgency in the north are similar to the Niger Delta militants in the south-south, the Emir of Zuru and chairman of Zuru Emirate Council Muhammadu Sani Sami has said.

The emir said this in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Aminu Ladan Zuru, in Birnin Kebbi on Thursday.

“Boko Haram has common similarity with the Niger Delta militants which has also destroyed the economy of this country on a large scale and manyinnocent lives were lost.

“The late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua decided to grant them amnesty in spite of opposition from various quarters, the moment the amnesty became a reality, the Niger Delta militants emerged and showed interest to give up their fight for an amicablesettlement,” he said.

The emir urged the Federal Government to look into the issuewith a view to tempering justice with mercy and not to mind the few who, according to him are making money out of the crisis.

Source: http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/new-news/12184-treat-boko-haram-like-niger-delta-militants
And The Social Voices Of Umeh Town, Delta State, Nigeria.
Umeh Needs, Facebook Group

And My Questions Are;

1. Does the Northern Chiefs and Elders know's about this Boko Haram Invasion that they will say 'Boko Haram should Be Treated Like Niger Delta Militants' or is it because the Boko Haramists are their people?

2. Were Niger Delta Militants Bombing and Invading people's houses and Massive Killings as Boko Haram is doing?
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by 1oracle(m): 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
Did boko haram treat Nigerians like Niger Delta militants?
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by tomakint: 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
These northern elders are blood-suckers and bastaards, with this wicked demand, I can't even imagine any funky mallams ruling this entity called Nigeria again! We all know what Niger Deltans Militants were fighting for - a fight for justice in their lands, but these Satan-inspired, blood-thirsty vampires are just after innocent bloods and they want Jonathan to treat these 'terrorists' like 'militants' when it is crystal clear that they have nothing in common!
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by otokx(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
I know my president will have the last laugh.
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by fkaz(m): 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
otokx: I know my president will have the last laugh.

Ok o
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by Kingslaw(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
As a Nigerian with good mind,i wouldn't want to use bad words on the Emir.he just said what he wanted to say long time ago.
Well,whatever i said now is not gonna change the mindset of G.E.J.
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by vanstanzy(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
Boko Haram and the Niger delta militants are all common criminals. Anybody that as much as has the

effrontery to carry arms against the Federal Govt or anyother person(s) for that matter, is considered as a

criminal and should be dealt with as such. angry angry angry

Granting the ND Militants amnesty was a mistake, and granting these murderous BH fighters amnesty is an even

more bigger mistake. angry angry angry U don't grant amnesty to terrorists, its just not right. Neither is it done

anywhere in the world. World leaders know better. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by vanstanzy(m): 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
Lets put it into a vote, shall we? Those in support of treating the BH like the ND Militants, say *Yeah!* by clicking *like*.
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by ladychoice: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
vanstanzy: Boko Haram and the Niger delta militants are all common criminals. Anybody that as much as has the

effrontery to carry arms against the Federal Govt or anyother person(s) for that matter, is considered as a

Granting the ND Militants amnesty was a mistake, and granting these murderous BH fighters amnesty is an even

more bigger mistake. angry angry angry

The niger delta had a course dey were fighting for. Underdevelopment and depraivation even tho over 60percent of d nations wealth was from deir region! Dey whr granted amnesty as a settlement term for years of depraivation in d region.
Boko haram is a faceless group! Hausa uneducated dambo namas trying to prove a stupid point. Dey should all b imprisoned and jailed for life. Amnesty my foot!

1 Like

Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by ladychoice: 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
The niger delta had a course dey were fighting for. Underdevelopment and depraivation even tho over 60percent of d nations wealth was from deir region! Dey whr granted amnesty as a settlement term for years of depraivation in d region.
Boko haram is a faceless group!what cause are dey fighting for? Nothing! Was nigerians independence or origin from islam? On wat grounds are dey movin for the islamization of nigeria? If 4 anything, d illeteracy of the north has drawn dis country backwards. It is any citizen's freewill to get a western education if dey want or not. So dey don't av anytin dey r sayin! All dese Hausa uneducated dambo namas trying to prove a stupid point. Dey should all b imprisoned and jailed for life. Amnesty my foot! Instead of dem to go to school.
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by vanstanzy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
ladychoice:

Boko haram is a faceless group! Hausa uneducated dambo namas trying to prove a stupid point. Dey should all b imprisoned and jailed for life. Amnesty my foot!

Well u have a point there. smiley smiley ND Militants were fighting against the deprivation being meted out on they and their people. But by carrying arms against the Govt? No! Martin Luther King Jr. exhibited a better option of fighting for equality.
Ok, now that the ND Militants, after numerous destructions have been given amnesty, is the South South still better of? And in what sense? Cos i still can see the ills the ND Militants were fighting. Another thing i see is the former militants being fed fat and given juicy contracts by the FG. FALSE?
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by fkaz(m): 8:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
ladychoice:

Both BH and militant,Faceless or not they are all terrorist.
Let FG drop an offer on table for them first just the way they drop an offer for tompolo and the rest. Then you will know if they are GHOST, Aboki will be skining you guys alive, you will still be calling them animal.
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by WizPrince1(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2013
[size=25]Niger Delta Militants were fighting for justice, because of things that government has used oil to spoil. But Boko Haram is fighting for an injustice course; how can a reasonable person fight because he 'Does not Want Education', something you know is the best for you and will help you.

Had it been there was no Education, Buhari and other Top Politicians wouldn't have been contesting for Elections.

'If they have genuine complains, they should bring it out' - why use Education to cover up? ... No religion Teaches violence; Every religion condemns violence... Or are they serving a different Allah?[/size]
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by Sibrah: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2013
They should be treated like ND militants with fraction of their state contribution.
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by sweetgala(m): 9:25am On Apr 07, 2013
vanstanzy: Boko Haram and the Niger delta militants are all common criminals. Anybody that as much as has the

more bigger mistake. angry angry angry U don't grant amnesty to terrorists, its just not right. Neither is it done

anywhere in the world. World leaders know better. undecided undecided undecided

Exactly, ooh did I love OBJ cause he had a swift and vengeful way of dealing with trouble like this.

This is just a perceived easy way for GEJ to rid himself of these menace and get some northern support for 2015. But it will backfire cause them mallams are BH sympathisers and evil blood suckers
Re: Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2013
I don't blame them sha... FG should also get ready to grant more amnesty in the future.

(1) (Reply)

Asari Tokubo, You Are A Big F00l For Threatening My Peace. / GEJ To Address The Nation Tonight / Ibrahim Shema On Hardtalk Equivocating On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.