Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan (10955 Views)

APC Accuses GEJ's Govt Of Plot To Derail Transition / More Street Killing Planned - FG Uncovers Plot To Derail Jonathan’s Inauguration / Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by bcomputer101: 6:22am On Apr 07, 2013
Evil Forces Trying To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday raised the alarm that evil forces were working to derail Nigeria.

He, however, said if Nigerians sought the face of God wholeheartedly, He would empower them to overcome all the forces.

Jonathan spoke at the third Presidential National Breakfast Prayer held at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

“In the book of Jeremiah, God said, ‘If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me.’ May we seek Him with all our hearts so that He can empower us to overcome all the evil forces trying to derail this nation. May we seek Him with all our hearts to let His light shine over our nation and to guide us in leading our great nation to its destined goal,” the President said.

Jonathan stated that if all Nigerians resolved to do what was right and serve as change agents, the country would get to its right destination and would become a great nation.

“Providence has placed us all at our various posts at this particular time in our nation’s journey to greatness, therefore we must not be deterred or be weary in spirit at this time. We must be hopeful, focused and watchful to overcome all that is evil confronting our nation. We should believe in the saying of the scriptures that with men, it is impossible but with God all things are possible,” Jonathan added.

Justifying the annual prayer session which he started in 2010, the President said prayer was the way ordained for men to link up with their creator.

He said the session had become a forum to establish God’s link at the Presidential Villa.

Pastor Julius Falola of Kano-based Believers’ Foundation of Nigeria, delivered the sermon at the prayer session that featured special prayer sessions for the country, its leaders and the citizens.

Falola said God had great promises for nations that submit to Him and that, “He would make their adversaries fall before them and make them creditors and lender, to others.”

Meanwhile, the President’s wife, Patience, was conspicuously absent at the prayer session, which was attended by dignitaries including former Head of the Interim National Government, Ernest Shonekan; Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu; Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha; Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State; Governor Gabriel Suswam of Benue State; his wife, Yemisi; members of the diplomatic corps and top government officials among others.

Mrs. Jonathan returned to the country on Friday evening from what is believed to be another round of medical treatment in Germany.

Some of her aides however attended the session.

A source told our correspondent that Mrs. Jonathan was resting after her Friday trip.

Meanwhile, the Prelate, Methodist Church Nigeria, Dr. Sunday Makinde, has berated northern leaders for seeking amnesty for members of violent sect, Boko Haram, without identifying them.

He said leadership failure in the North was responsible for the insurgency in the region.

He described the call for amnesty by the North as a bait, warning President Jonathan not to succumb to the pressure. He said the amnesty, if hurriedly granted, would be counterproductive.

Indications had emerged after a meeting between Jonathan and the Northern Elders Forum at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday, that Jonathan was considering granting amnesty to members of the sect as a way out of the ongoing insurgency.

In an interview with our correspondent, Makinde however said it would be premature to grant amnesty to Boko Haram until northern leaders, who are calling for amnesty, invite its members for a public dialogue.

The cleric, who accused the leaders of knowing members of Boko Haram, said dialogue and amnesty should be put on hold until the leaders identified the fundamentalists, as they were not “ghosts.” According to him, amnesty could not be given by proxy.

Makinde said, “The warning I’m giving is that what Boko Haram is doing now will set the North back for about 20 to 25 years.

“Boko Haram has set the North back because no local, regional, national or international investor will ever go there to invest because they have destroyed what some people laboured for years to achieve.”

Makinde said amnesty could only be granted to members of Boko Haram, if their reasons were justifiable.

He argued that the Niger Delta militants were justified because they fought for the control of their resources and for being neglected.

Source: mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/evil-forces-trying-to-derail-nigeria-jonathan/
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by EzePromoe: 6:30am On Apr 07, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 07, 2013
Imagine obama saying this

10 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by koruji(m): 6:48am On Apr 07, 2013
No mind the yeye man...2015 is fast slipping away so he's calling on God. If the prayer reach corruption he will refuse to say "Amen" !!!

sheyie2007: Imagine obama saying this

7 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Burger01(m): 6:50am On Apr 07, 2013
Uncle Jonathan, evil forces are not trying to derail Nigeria...they (evil forces) are already derailing Nigeria. For goodness sake uncle, wake up! You are to slow, sluggish, snail-like and 'not active' Am sure God by now would have revealed the evil forces derailing Nigeria to you starting from the very people at the top, yes starting from You and your cabinets. Misplaced financial priorities, embezzlement, misbudgeting, corruption, corrupt civil servants (one of which stole our elders pensions) corrupt politicians and not the least 'Boko Haram'.. What do we do to all these? Mr. President, you shouldn't be overwhelmed by all these challenges, that's why you are a leader. You can do it. You can make the changes. Apply forces where needed, apply death penalties where needed... God help you Mr. President.. God help my beloved Nigeria.... sad

21 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 07, 2013
"Jonathan stated that if all Nigerians resolved to do
what was right and serve as change agents, the
country would get to its right destination and would
become a great nation"

Thats all...
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Bigcake: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2013
Gej u too dey talk nonsense. Sit up or u vacate d place.

8 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Elthugnificent(m): 6:57am On Apr 07, 2013
karl marx, "religion is the opium of the people."

8 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Tolexander: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2013
Does he think prayer is the solution to Nigerian problem?

We have many churches that can pray 30hours out of the 24hours given in a day but still wallowing in the same problem they are praying on. Likewise many mosques in the nooks and cranies of this nation built to pray with the members still stucked to the same tribulations.

One can only back an action or work up with prayer before God can even be interested in whatever we invites him to do.
God can do everything but will never do everything for us, hence the need to work for ourselves.

[size=16]Well, what does one expect from someone with millions of cluelessness!
[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Desola(f): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2013
Jonathan look in the mirror - YOU and ONLY YOU are the EVIL force!!

9 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by maasoap(m): 7:39am On Apr 07, 2013
And who is number one evil force in Nigeria today? Giving state pardon to a convicted political benefactor is not evil? Removing fuel subsidy on January 1st without prior notification is not evil? Paying fuel subsidy wt 3trillion naira instead of 300 billion naira as OBJ and Yar'dua did is not evil? Defending MEND after October 1st bombing is not evil? Eating 1billion naira cassava bread is not evil? Budgeting 4billion naira for useless mission house is not evil? Jona himself is an embodiment of evil.

24 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by taharqa: 7:58am On Apr 07, 2013
What? Obama does not say 'things' like these??

1 Like

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by taharqa: 7:59am On Apr 07, 2013
koruji: No mind the yeye man...2015 is fast slipping away so he's calling on God. If the prayer reach corruption he will refuse to say "Amen" !!!

Lol.... Keep dreaming there. That too is allowd
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by taharqa: 8:02am On Apr 07, 2013
Burger01: Uncle Jonathan, evil forces are not trying to derail Nigeria...they (evil forces) are already derailing Nigeria. For goodness sake uncle, wake up! You are to slow, sluggish, snail-like and 'not active' Am sure God by now would have revealed the evil forces derailing Nigeria to you starting from the very people at the top, yes starting from You and your cabinets. Misplaced financial priorities, embezzlement, misbudgeting, corruption, corrupt civil servants (one of which stole our elders pensions) corrupt politicians and not the least 'Boko Haram'.. What do we do to all these? Mr. President, you shouldn't be overwhelmed by all these challenges, that's why you are a leader. You can do it. You can make the changes. Apply forces where needed, apply death penalty where it's needed... God help you Mr. President.. God help my beloved Nigeria.... sad
This one has bn almost totali taken in by d PROPAGANDA... Anyways, I say AMEN to d prayer in d last paragraph
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by taharqa: 8:08am On Apr 07, 2013
GEJ, my DEAR President: keep keeping yr head up, stay focusd on what you are presently doing; you are doing a GREAT job. Since you hv startd to tackle d Cost of Governance issue, plz do more to get a TOTAL grip on Security AND do a complete overhaul of d Judiciary. Those two things, plus deepening of what you are already doing, wud mk you d most SIGNIFICANT President in Nigeria's history..... May GOD help you, and help this our great Country. AMEN
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by ayox2003: 8:17am On Apr 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "Jonathan stated that if Nigerians resolved to do
what was right and serve as change agents, the
country would get to its right destination and would
become a great nation"

Thats all...

Swap "Nigerians" with "Jonathan" and vice versa in the above statement then read it. More like it.

Frawzey

15 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2013
maasoap: And who is number one evil force in Nigeria today? Giving state pardon to a convicted political benefactor is not evil? Removing fuel subsidy on January 1st without prior notification is not evil? Paying fuel subsidy wt 3trillion naira instead of 3billion naira as OBJ and Yar'dua did is not evil? Defending MEND after October 1st bombing is not evil? Eating 1billion naira cassava bread is not evil? Budgeting 4billion naira for useless mission house is not evil? Jona himself is an embodiment of evil.
Ignorance is indeed a DISEASE. Sorry!
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by wesley80(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2013
I agree. God's face must be sought if Nigeria's problems especially the Boko Haram issue must be resolved. There's a national precedence, It happened in Warri, the peace being enjoyed in Warri today was brought about by "Men on their knees". Prayers were made without ceasing city wide in organized monthly and weekly fasting and prayer sessions organized by CAN and PFN and when it looked like Warri was irredemable, there was a breakthrough. The JTF and your local intelligence can only do so much but the real causes behind the crisis are "Spiritual" and can only be battled likewise.
I dont expect anyone to agree, but that's your problem. Jonathan is wise to seek the face of God even when he know's ignoramuses will think he's being stupid and that's exactly why he's going to succeed and be a succesful President mistakes or no mistakes - I have no single doubt! The good book says:

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty
1 Corinth 1:27

Jonathan is wise and is going to succed because he's gonna have the backing of the Oga at the top! You heard it here first.

1 Like

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by bodejohn(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2013
There was once a terrible flood in a country far away...
A man who managed to get to the top of his roof sat and pray for several hours till he was swept away by the gushing torrents.
On reaching the pearly gates, he was furious with the holy one, why didn't you come down to help me, he asked the one seated on the thrown. I am surprised to see you here was the response of the holy one.
I sent you two boats and an helicopter to carry you to safety as soon as you closed your eyes to pray yet you refused to be rescued.

Pray till his kingdom come and remain lazy in your wayward ways...expect no miracle....dats all.

5 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by HAH: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2013
As long as we have leaders that are not pragmatic but beclouded by religious jargons then we will never go anywhere.

Mr Gej you chose to be preisident please leave God out of this and face your work if it is by prayers then the Scandinavians countries will never be where they are cos they don't give a shit.

My main problem with Gej is he always try to play with people enotions particularly on religious grounds no wonder Karl marx said Religion is the opium of the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by bcomputer101: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2013
Mod, please put this on front page
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by wesley80(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2013
bodejohn: There was once a terrible flood in a country far away...
A man who managed to get to the top of his roof sat and pray for several hours till he was swept away by the gushing torrents.
On reaching the pearly gates, he was furious with the holy one, why didn't you come down to help me, he asked the one seated on the thrown. I am surprised to see you here was the response of the holy one.
I sent you two boats and an helicopter to carry you to safety as soon as you closed your eyes to pray yet you refused to be rescued.

Pray till his kingdom come and remain lazy in your wayward ways...expect no miracle....dats all.

The first rule in prayer is to pray like EVERYTHING depends on God and play your part like EVERYTHING depends on you. Jonathan has done his bit and is still doing so within the limits of the Presidential powers bestowed on him so what's wrong with him also seeking the face of God? Why are you uncomfortable with a President that acnowledges the role of a Supreme Being in the affairs of a State, are you a demon?
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 10:04am On Apr 07, 2013
"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term, but America- I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you- we as a people will get there.

There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as president, and we know that government can't solve every problem. But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face ... Excerpt from Barack Obama acceptance speech in Nov, 2008.

With due respect to the President, there is no evil force anywhere, what I see is the usual challenge(s) encountered by anybody in leadership position, the dimension is what differ sometimes.

The gamut of the challenges besetting in the country is not what can be contained in a year or a term but gradual decisive steps and action towards eliminating or reducing ills, like corrupt tendencies, misgovernance, to engender workable fiscal federalism is what the country need.

The President can not solve ALL problems, and that's a fact, but as the President, much is expected of you, effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by wesley80(m): 10:32am On Apr 07, 2013
Maxymilliano:
With due respect to the President, there is no evil force anywhere, what I see is the usual challenge(s) encountered by anybody in leadership position, the dimension is what differ sometimes.

There's nothing "usual" about the challenges being faced by Jonathan. Axis Forces of evil exist. With due respect, You're wrong!
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Biggyd2: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2013
Why some people just enjoy living in denial, I dont know. Instead of doing the right thing, they are busy turning around like the proverbial barber's chair! O ga o. undecided
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by RedLight1: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2013
that jonathan is one heck of a scumbag true true embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 07, 2013
Cluelessness don come again o! Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by olatwo(m): 10:58am On Apr 07, 2013
****yawns***

1 Like

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by otokx(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2013
This must be some kind of joke.

2 Likes

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by simongonner: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2013
dirty yarns mr scum
Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by RealMccoy2(m): 11:00am On Apr 07, 2013
Religion has been insulted gazillion times in that country.

1 Like

Re: Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan by simongonner: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2013
nigerians voted the evil force(you and pdp) in 2 power..2015 we will push d evil forces out of aso rock..scumbag..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daniel Reyenieju: Jibrin Is Right, 2016 Budget Was Padded / Rivers Rerun Election: INEC Materials Arrive (Photos) / #dapchi Girls: FG Sends Delegation To Meet Principal, Officials In Yobe (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.