Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,005 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Richest Presidents In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richest Presidents In The World (5609 Views)

When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / Goodluck Jonathan Is One Of The Best Presidents In The World – Jerry Gana / See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richest Presidents In The World by Nigerianschools: 9:21am On Apr 07, 2013
With power come not only the fame but also, more importantly, the fortune. Heads of state or government are supposed to be the servants of the people, but it may be an extremely difficult and even thankless job.

Those who serve should have a real and sincere love for his mother country to perform such a role.

Real servants should be one with his people and must know what the ordinary man is feeling. That is why a lot of admiration comes the way of Jose Mujica (The Poorest President in the World), the President of Uruguay who has eschewed all the perks of his power to live with and among ordinary Uruguayans. But sometimes, it may also help to be rich because it will allow the person to focus on his job without worrying about money to provide for his family.

And money worries, these heads of state and government do not have. Here now is a list of the top 10 richest presidents in the world.

Sebastian Pinera, President of Chile – $2.4 billion
Mohammed VI, King of Morocco – $2.5 billion
Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Emir of Qatar – $2.5 billion
Hans-Adam II, Prince of Liechstenstein – $4 billion
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Emir of Dubai – $4 billion
Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of United Arab Emirates – $15 billion
Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia – $18 billion
Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei – $20 billion
Bhumibol Adulyadej, King of Thailand – $30 billion
Vladimir Putin, President of Russia – $40 billion

Goodluck Jonthan, President of Nigeria - $ I pray cheesy

Find the full details here- http://www.nigerianschoolsonline.com.ng/index.php/blog/society-lifestyle/444-richest-presidents-in-the-world
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by possibilita(m): 9:26am On Apr 07, 2013
:<( angry:<( no wonder there is constant war in the islamic country because their presidents are super rich.
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by Nigerianschools: 9:40am On Apr 07, 2013
possibilita: :<( angry:<( no wonder there is constant war in the islamic country because their presidents are super rich.
lol
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by frodobee: 9:47am On Apr 07, 2013
These are conservative estimates. These guys, i know them, they stow away cash by collecting artworks, boy i mean priceless works. When they feel like they call Sotheby and auction one. Plus IBB, Abdulsalam, OBJ not inluded. Haba, this info is incomplete.

2 Likes

Re: Richest Presidents In The World by eduson33(m): 9:54am On Apr 07, 2013
who said our presidents aint no richer than those men?

hmmm,smh.
ordinary OBJ,have triple of that number up there if you dont know..

go and ask!!
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by aminho(m): 10:29am On Apr 07, 2013
Sai godiya
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 07, 2013
This list ain't complete it OBJ ain't @ THE TOP. WHY ? BECAUSE HE IS THE OGA AT THE TOP.
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 07, 2013
These Arab men have money. I need to be brought in grin
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by rash47(m): 11:47am On Apr 07, 2013
Op,I don't know about others but you lied against putin.
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 07, 2013
U mean top 10 or?
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by Nigerianschools: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
No one can really estimate the wealth of IBB, Abdulsalam, OBJ and countless other nigerians
Why do you think there are only a few nigerians (Adenuga and Dangote) in forbes world's richest.
If Nigerians can come clean with their wealth and assets then their networth can easily be ascertained.
But they cant come clean cause their wealth was not gotten through legal means

1 Like

Re: Richest Presidents In The World by eastOFwest(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
There was a list published in a magazine in the UK around 1998, where IBB was estimated to be worth $11billion. Abacha was worth a few billion dollars too..
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by mysticgal(f): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
Arab maney
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by Tolexander: 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
The top 10 richest presidents dominated by the arabian peninsula.

Jonathan is richer, that is the reason he couldn't declare his assets which he is constantly acquiring after Yaradua had forced him to declare them when he was the vice president.

1 Like

Re: Richest Presidents In The World by idriis: 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
My name suppose deh number 1, dis OP no know me sha shockedshocked
Ignorant is a disease oh
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by goldfish80(m): 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
This kind of money can make ♍e loose My way. *walks out of thread clutching My bible*
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by DammyFx: 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
Former Lagos State Governor is richer than all of them.. Wikileak
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by Demdem(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
Where did putin see 40 billion dollars? I doubt this list.
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
The topic is; world richest Presidents not former Presidents or citizens.
Re: Richest Presidents In The World by misterh(m): 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
Demdem: Where did putin see 40 billion dollars? I doubt this list.
Thought i was d only one that saw it.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos, We Need To Take Over APC / Insecurity: @mbuhari’s Understanding Of Hard Work By Oke Umurhohwo / Shiites To Challenge Proscription In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.