Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola (10618 Views)

Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 / A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE / Where Are The Seaport And Airport In Abia State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

An idea is only as good on paper, it becomes reality only when funded. Millions of people have ideas, until an investor takes an interest in it, you will be born with ideas and die with ideas. Investors are the most IMPORTANT in execution, heck, investors can hire people to bring out ideas, so whether the idea was LASG or FG or whoever, it's irrelevant. Bottom line is that the collaboration will yield results that will benefit the people.

So why isn't your FG coming up with these ideas in other states? Or why isn't the FG coming up with ideas to deal with all the issues bedeviling Nigeria? Lagos state came up with the idea, private investors bought into it and the FG decided to tag along. My first comment was sarcastically directed at those who claim the FG has not built airports and seaports in their region. And here is Lagos building other international air and sea ports even when it is the main gateway for Nigeria. Please give credit where it is due.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by tomiedatlo: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Very good Job Baba Fashola!
At least Lagos should be completely financially independent of the animal farm called Nigeria. When we finally break up, it is obvious that Lagos shall continue to thrive and prosper with the South west.

Eko O Ni Baje O !!!
LoL Madboy grin
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by manny4life(m): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

So why isn't your FG coming up with these ideas in other states? Or why isn't the FG coming up with ideas to deal with all the issues bedeviling Nigeria? Lagos state came up with the idea, private investors bought into it and the FG decided to tag along. My first comment was sarcastically directed at those who claim the FG has not built airports and seaports in their region. And here is Lagos building other international air and sea ports even when it is the main gateway for Nigeria. Please give credit where it is due.

Mr Kat, I know you as intelligent person, my post was very clear. If there are ideas being brainstormed in the FG, how will you and I know? Besides, the issues befalling Nigeria isn't about ideas (though ideas can be about solutions), but I believe that the FG have introduced ideas at different levels of government, depending on which sector you're looking at. It may not be the brightest, but like I said, an idea only exist on paper till it becomes reality. I honestly don't see your argument, because I did not credit them for ideas? Like what exactly is your point?
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

Mr Kat, I know you as intelligent person, my post was very clear. If there are ideas being brainstormed in the FG, how will you and I know? Besides, the issues befalling Nigeria isn't about ideas (though ideas can be about solutions), but I believe that the FG have introduced ideas at different levels of government, depending on which sector you're looking at. It may not be the brightest, but like I said, an idea only exist on paper till it becomes reality. I honestly don't see your argument, because I did not credit them for ideas? Like what exactly is your point?

How long does it take to brainstorm an idea? PDP has been brainstorming since when? 1999, 2007, 2010. So if a president has a 4 year term, at what point will the ideas become real? The points of my post are:

1. State governments don't need to wait for the FG to develop ideas and bring them into reality. Contrary to the constant song one reads online about how certain regions don't have international airports or seaports

2. This is very much a Lagos idea and project.

3. The FG latched on to a Lagos project. If it were a FG conceived idea, they would be pushing the same concept in other states; we know that not to be true.

You were trying to make it seem like the projects are the norm or the idea of the FG. That's simply not true. People have ideas all the time but it then takes dedication to proceed from an inception stage to development stage. So the credit is not just having an 'idea' but implementing as well.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
PapaBrowne:

The man answered me naaaa. And I am satisfied with his answer. Paucity of Funds. Tinubu has taken all of the money. I totally understand.

Will you stop this your asinine behaviour and show some maturity for once. With the Lekki Sea Port, for example, Lagos is contributing counterpart funding of 20%, FG 20% and private sector 60%. Who told you Lagos has not met its counterpart funding obligation? Why do you find it expedient to insinuate it is Tinubu who "has taken all of the money" and not the ultra-corrupt FG led by the ultra-corrupt GEJ you support clannishly?

In any case, you are ultimately an ignorant mischief-maker so pointless telling you that it is investor funding, the bulk part of funding required, Fashola is talking about and not the counterpart obligation of Lagos or even the FG.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

How long does it take to brainstorm an idea? PDP has been brainstorming since when? 1999, 2007, 2010. So if a president has a 4 year term, at what point will the ideas become real? The points of my post are:

1. State governments don't need to wait for the FG to develop ideas and bring them into reality. Contrary to the constant song one reads online about how certain regions don't have international airports or seaports

3. The FG latched on to a Lagos project. If it were a FG conceived idea, they would be pushing the same concept in other states; we know that not to be true.

You were trying to make it seem like the projects are the norm or the idea of the FG. That's simply not true. People have ideas all the time but it then takes dedication to proceed from an inception stage to development stage. So the credit is not just having an 'idea' but implementing as well.
See how the points were logically laid out.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

If there are ideas being brainstormed in the FG, how will you and I know? Is this a rick question?

You know because you either see or don't see any manifestation of ideas and vision ans so far, the only vision they have is cassava bread.

Also when weak and incompetent people lack personal vision and originality, they attache themselves to other people's vision and ideas

Besides, the issues befalling Nigeria isn't about ideas (though ideas can be about solutions),

If you don't have ideas, how do you arrive at solutions to tackle your ideas? And how do you function and deliver if you have no basic ideas and vision to do anything to start with?

but I believe that the FG have introduced ideas at different levels of government, depending on which sector you're looking at.

What Ideas precisely?

It may not be the brightest,

Huge understatement...

but like I said, an idea only exist on paper till it becomes reality.

Ideas doesn't stay on paper in Lagos state hence your federal government doing attache

I honestly don't see your argument, because I did not credit them for ideas?

Because Ideas and vision matter to mankind, ideas, vision, determination and sense of purpose we see in LAGOS is what moves humanity forward and without both, you stay stagnant just like what we are experiencing in Nigeria via the federal government of Nigeria.

Ideas and vision matters and credit must be apportioned accordingly to people with both because without their ideas in Lagos, there wont be anything for your federal government to attache itself to just to look relevant.

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
Eko Ile: 100% Federal government Canoe port..

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/699524_onitsha-port-cool_jpg566ce90239e45a3d61604fd79f639cbd[/img]

This is why I feel sorry for the 20% clowns in this thread. Look at the 100% in their village..

lmao

That's basically a warehouse and an extensive jetty. That is what some people celebrate as a port. Enlightened people will keep laughing at us if we're celebrating that in 2013 as an acheivement. I know private individuals that can single handedly fund this project. Poor showing from the Federal Govt considering the resources they have at their disposal.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by manny4life(m): 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

I wasn't making it seem like the idea was that of the FG, I never assumed nor stated that, I do know it's a collaborative project, I wanted to dispel the notion that ideas are just mere thoughts, its execution is another different thing. In this case, it collaborative between two govt and private sector.

If your point was I did not give them credit for their thoughtful plan, ok credit to LASG for the idea, let's close this case.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
Another FG attache. This is not even any of there business, but they still show face to generate needless problem while there are tons of neglected FG responsibilities all over the Lagos state for them to attend to...

The Lagos State Government has warned the Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA) to steer clear of Ikorodu Road now being reconstructed by the state.

The Ministry of Works and Infrastructure’s Deputy Director of Press and Public Relations, Biola Fagunwa, in a statement yesterday, urged FERMA to concentrate on other federal roads begging for attention.

He said FERMA’s planned rehabilitation of the road could be construed as undue interference amounting to duplication of efforts and waste of resources that could be used to rehabilitate Abeokuta Expressway, Lagos- Sagamu Road, and Apapa-Oshodi Expressway.

Fagunwa said the state has been granted the permission to maintain and rehabilitate Ikorodu Road. He listed the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), rehabilitation of service lanes, and replacement of about 20 manhole covers as evidence of the state’s intervention on the road.

“With such commitment demonstrated by the state government, it will be a sheer waste of energy and indeed a design to create unnecessary tussle between the various agencies of government for FERMA to insist on carrying out any rehabilitation,” the statement said.

http://www.watchinglagos.com/2013/01/lagos-to-ferma-stay-off-ikorodu-road.html
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
This is what you get from a worthless federal government void of ideas, ideas and competency..
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

I wasn't making it seem like the idea was that of the FG, I never assumed nor stated that, I do know it's a collaborative project, I wanted to dispel the notion that ideas are just mere thoughts, its execution is another different thing. In this case, it collaborative between two govt and private sector.

If your point was I did not give them credit for their thoughtful plan, ok credit to LASG for the idea, let's close this case.

Collaborative would imply that it is an equal partnership. I own shares in Barclays, what impact will I have when they are selecting the board?

1. Did the FG come up with the idea? No, Lagos did

2. Did the FG come up with a majority of funds? No, private investment

3. Did the FG seek private investment? No, Lagos did

4. Is the FG managing the project? No, Lagos is

5. Is the FG pushing 'this idea' anywhere else? No

The FG is a minority stakeholder and is simply attaching itself to a novel project because it doesn't have it's own laudable project.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by manny4life(m): 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

Collaborative would imply that it is an equal partnership. I own shares in Barclays, what impact will I have when they are selecting the board?

The FG is a minority stakeholder and is simply attaching itself to a novel project because it doesn't have it's own laudable project.

I have to disagree with you on this, that you own shares in Barclays, perhaps less than 0.01% doesn't mean holders of 5%, 10% or even 20% do not have oversight authority on selecting BOD's?. My point, it doesn't have to be equal, partnership doesn't have to be equal to have certain rights, but have a certain degree of control.

After all, though Lagos thought of the idea and is implementing it, does that put them on equal partnership with private investors who's funding majority of the project? Collaboration equals partnership to some extent, but it's doesn't have to be equal to exert a degree of authority or control.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by solomon111(m): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
Propaganda!
Propaganda!! and more propaganda by the ACN goons on Nairaland.
Going by lagos state IGR and allocation,they shouldn't even require FG funds to execute most of their projects.
Besides,what is the job of the lagos state govt?
Is the LASG not the one that should profer to the FG, ideas that will move their state forward?.
Shameless display of as$-licking because some people finally decided to do their job.
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
One hears regularly from certain loudmouths on this forum how their region would be transformed if the FG provided an international airport in their region. I guess no one told them they could conceptualize their own ideas and seek funding to implement these ideas.

If the SE is responsible for the commerce in Nigeria, the majority of foreign travel, then it would make absolute sense for at least one state in the SE to have built or be building its own international airport. Instead, you hear ludicrous statements like 'we are only in Lagos because we don't have our own airport' and 'once we have our own airport, we will abandon Lagos and Lagos will collapse'. Bunch of jokers.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by solomon111(m): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

The FG does not have laudable projects?
What about the nationwide road transformation?
What about the upgrade in our airports.?
The ongoing power reforms which your lord and master Tinubu is even keying into.
The agricultural transformation going on in the country.
E.t.c.
So only fashola's 'projects' are laudable?
I hear you.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

end of

that is what our fg does well
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

After all, though Lagos thought of the idea and is implementing it
, does that put them on equal partnership with private investors who's funding majority of the project? Collaboration equals partnership to some extent, but it's doesn't have to be equal to exert a degree of authority or control.

But without the main idea determining the need for this project and the determination to execute it, there wont be any partners to start with including the FG and it's zero ideas and vision for Nigeria.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
solomon111: The FG does not have laudable projects?
What about the nationwide road transformation?
What about the upgrade in our airports.?
The ongoing power reforms which your lord and master Tinubu is even keying into.
The agricultural transformation going on in the country.
E.t.c.
So only fashola's 'projects' are laudable?
I hear you.

Painting airports and renovating small stretches of road is not laudable. Only last weekend, there were reports of 100s people dying on the roads.

What power reforms? What agricultural transformation?

Tinubu is a thief yet it is your master who is surrounded by wanted international criminals (Alams)? See logic

I guess it is laudable for a huge nation like Nigeria to give coastal security to a private firm even when it has a Navy?

It is laudable to give amnesty to a bunch of terrorists simply because you don't have the nous to catch them?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto: One hears regularly from certain loudmouths on this forum how their region would be transformed if the FG provided an international airport in their region. I guess no one told them they could conceptualize their own ideas and seek funding to implement these ideas.

If the SE is responsible for the commerce in Nigeria, the majority of foreign travel, then it would make absolute sense for at least one state in the SE to have built or be building its own international airport. Instead, you hear ludicrous statements like 'we are only in Lagos because we don't have our own airport' and 'once we have our own airport, we will abandon Lagos and Lagos will collapse'. Bunch of jokers.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head @ the way people think and rationalize mediocrity and lack of good leaders with bright ideas and vision. Instead, they create bogyman scenarios and point fingers to people outside their borders as the source of their woes when in fact the problem resides withing their borders starting from the their local leaders to national leaders..
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by manny4life(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
Eko Ile:

But without the main idea determining the need for this project and the determination to execute it, there wont be any partners to start with including the FG and it's zero ideas and vision for Nigeria.

Regardless of the idea or not, according to Mr Kat, does it put them on same pedestal as those who have 60% control of the project? After all, Ibaka in Akwa Ibom is a partnership between the state/FG and if I'm sure private as well, if we're to tow the line of Mr Kat, Akwa Ibom conceived the idea and implementing it, does it make them equal partnership with the majority stakeholder?

This was my point ever since, many have thought of ideas, but not many have the resources to implement the ideas. The SE needs a standard international airports, those are ideas that has been floating for sometime now, the ports of PH, even Onitsha has had ideas on how to improve them, yet it's been on a halt because of no monetary implementation.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

I have to disagree with you on this, that you own shares in Barclays, perhaps less than 0.01% doesn't mean holders of 5%, 10% or even 20% do not have oversight authority on selecting BOD's?. My point, it doesn't have to be equal, partnership doesn't have to be equal to have certain rights, but have a certain degree of control.

After all, though Lagos thought of the idea and is implementing it, does that put them on equal partnership with private investors who's funding majority of the project? Collaboration equals partnership to some extent, but it's doesn't have to be equal to exert a degree of authority or control.

Private investors are providing a majority of funds but make no mistake about it, the project is a Lagos project. The private investors would be in a precarious situation if they were even local but they are foreign. The only stakeholder that would have had a higher stake than Lagos is the FG if they provided a majority of the funds. It is impossible for foreign stakeholders to be the main stakeholders in a partnership with a foreign government. This is politics 101.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

Indeed. Lagos, since the days of the much emptily maligned Tinubu, has always had grand masterplans and ideas to develop the State optimally into the efficient megacity the likes of London, New York and Paris are. The Seaport and Airport are part of the Lekki masterplan conceived by Lagos State and nothing to do with the FG. Simple as that. The Lagos Free trade zone (LFTZ) was exclusively conceived by the state Government. The idea of Free trade zones itself is not new.

It is more about how Lagos , with it strategic location, realized that the Sea port will help overcome the haulage and logistic challenges that other ill-conceived free trade zones eventually succumb to. Lagos sold the idea to the FG and this is why an MOU, memorandum of understanding, was signed between the FG and Lagos State over the Seaport Project.

The FG wants ports decongestion. Naturally this sounded good and they had to give approval and become involved in a supervisory role because the port will handle international haulage. Left to its own devices, the FG will never help Lagos while its focus remains exclusively on making Abuja a comfortable zone for Politicians and their minions.

The culture of giving credit where due is alien to many here and it is not unusual to see downright mischief, with a heavy dose of ignorance, as displayed by the shameless Papabrowne. I think you will certainly understand why some can never give credit where due when certain States or individuals are concerned.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagelinks.php?p=19

Lekki Master Plan
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

The objective of this report is to provide the conceptual designs for the roads and utilities and primary infrastructure for the Lekki Peninsula based on the updated landuse Master Plan which was presented and discussed with the Ministry of Urban Planning and Physical Development, local authorities and stakeholders. The Lekki Sub-Region comprises a naturally formed peninsula on the Atlantic Ocean East of Lagos City and on Lagos Lagoon.

The peninsula is approximately 70 to 80 km long, stretching from Victoria Island in the west to Refuge Island in the east, with an average width of 10 km. The Lekki Sub-Region includes several Estates, gated residential developments, agricultural farmlands, areas allocated for a Free Trade Zone (FTZ), an airport, and a sea port. The project area, under consideration in this study, is estimated to be about 60,000 hectares excluding the areas allocated for the Lekki Free Trade Zone, Sea Port and International airport. The proposed land use master plan for the Lekki Sub-region envisages the Lekki Peninsula as a “Blue-Green” Environment City. The unique characteristics of the Atlantic Coast, Lagos Lagoon and the inland natural areas will be protected and enhanced to give Lekki New City the special natural ambience character. Based on the proposed landuse plan, Lekki new city will be divided into 5 linear development zones (excluding the Lekki Free Trade Zone):

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
If this is the port the FG constructed in Onitsha, they should be protesting against the FG and not celebrating.....Frankly, is this what they think they deserve in the SE region that relies heavily on commerce?? that port is crap.....Real crap. How can you accept that and celebrate it We shouldn't let mediocrity limit our judgements.

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by manny4life(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

Private investors are providing a majority of funds but make no mistake about it, the project is a Lagos project. The private investors would be in a precarious situation if they were even local but they are foreign. The only stakeholder that would have had a higher stake than Lagos is the FG if they provided a majority of the funds. It is impossible for foreign stakeholders to be the main stakeholders in a partnership with a foreign government. This is politics 101.

I have not said it isn't a Lagos project, what I said it was collaborative between the both govt and private investors in terms of financing (perhaps ownership). I never talked about foreign investors, I was cautious to use "Private investors", which could be sourced from anywhere - domestic and foreign. These could be individual, or entities such as governments, banks, organizations or whatever.

I don't understand how and why you think domestic investors will be in "precarious" situation, like is our believe (a call for private domestic investment) this bad? Do we really need foreign investors to validate that a project is likely to be successful because of foreign money?

So you're arguing that majority of the funds is sponsored by LASG on the grounds of your "politics 101"? Perhaps, you can enlighten us on a new status quo because I'm lost of words on that one.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

Regardless of the idea or not,

Regardless of the above or how hard you try to discount the idea, facts remain that without the idea, there wont be anything to build talk less attache to so major credit goes to the ideas and the folks behind it.

This was my point ever since, many have thought of ideas, but not many have the resources to implement the ideas.

Lagos state didn't have the resources to execute the project and that still did not stop them from going ahead woth their dream and ideas because they know the importance of this major infrastructure regarding their socio economic future hence seeking other investors to participate.

Only foolish and incompetent leaders sit on their hands and wait till they have any form of resources before they lift a finger because investors are out there for a reason.

Investors respond to conceptualized ideas and vision, not lack of it so your point is not only mute, it sounds very disappointing.

The SE needs a standard international airports, those are ideas that has been floating for sometime now, the ports of PH, even Onitsha has had ideas on how to improve them, yet it's been on a halt because of no monetary implementation.

The only cries we hear all the time from the SE remains the renovation of the Enugu airport and Onisha port which to me sounds like lack of ideas and vision since both are practically outdated and obsolete to generate any meaningful economic transformation or activities.

Where are the ideas for any new international airport in the SE? Who is floating the idea? Where is it going to be situated in the SE? Who is canvasing for investments and investors?
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by mrjingles(m): 4:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
The arguments on this thread are so childish- na FG, no na LASG, bla bla bla. weda goat tie rope or rope tie goat the main thing na mek the goat no run. weda lasg fg lg or pope pius the last all we want is progress, propserity has no political or religious or tribal preferences, if u do the right thing it will come to you.

No one in the transaction is more important than the other, without LASG initiation and drive nothing will happen, without FG approval via NPA for the port and granting of FTZ status it would be a big market and without FAAN the airport cant operate. And without investors all will be beautiful plan on paper only. So all this claiming of credit is useless.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
solomon111: Propaganda!
Propaganda!! and more propaganda by the ACN goons on Nairaland.
Going by lagos state IGR and allocation,they shouldn't even require FG funds to execute most of their projects.
Besides,what is the job of the lagos state govt?
Is the LASG not the one that should profer to the FG, ideas that will move their state forward?.
Shameless display of as$-licking because some people finally decided to do their job.
Rubbish.
What will you say about Bayelsa and Delta??....BTW Define "Propaganda". With the way you've been using that word, it seems you just heard it first on NL.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
mrjingles: The arguments on this thread are so childish- na FG, no na LASG, bla bla bla. weda goat tie rope or rope tie goat the main thing na mek the goat no run. weda lasg fg lg or pope pius the last all we want is progress, propserity has no political or religious or tribal preferences, if u do the right thing it will come to you.

No one in the transaction is more important than the other, without LASG initiation and drive nothing will happen, without FG approval via NPA for the port and granting of FTZ status it would be a big market and without FAAN the airport cant operate. And without investors all will be beautiful plan on paper only. So all this claiming of credit is useless.
The moral of the story here is "Develop your own ideas,act on it and always make it clear to people that you're the driving force behind it"....For future refrence and to prevent its credit from being hijacked.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Indeed. Lagos, since the days of the much emptily maligned Tinubu, has always had grand masterplans and ideas to develop the State optimally into the efficient megacity the likes of London, New York and Paris are. The Seaport and Airport are part of the Lekki masterplan conceived by Lagos State and nothing to do with the FG. Simple as that. The Lagos Free trade zone (LFTZ) was exclusively conceived by the state Government. The idea of Free trade zones itself is not new.

It is more about how Lagos , with it strategic location, realized that the Sea port will help overcome the haulage and logistic challenges that other ill-conceived free trade zones eventually succumb to. Lagos sold the idea to the FG and this is why an MOU, memorandum of understanding, was signed between the FG and Lagos State over the Seaport Project.

The FG wants ports decongestion. Naturally this sounded good and they had to give approval and become involved in a supervisory role because the port will handle international haulage. Left to its own devices, the FG will never help Lagos while its focus remains exclusively on making Abuja a comfortable zone for Politicians and their minions.

The culture of giving credit where due is alien to many here and it is not unusual to see downright mischief, with a heavy dose of ignorance, as displayed by the shameless Papabrowne. I think you will certainly understand why some can never give credit where due when certain States or individuals are concerned.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagelinks.php?p=19

You see, I totally agree with you. Lagos is a place of Grand masterplans!!

The sad reality however is that it's been 14 years and nearly $50 Billion since Tinubu and Fashola started telling us about these grand masterplans and none, I repeat none of these projects have come anywhere near completion.
How can a state like Lagos talk about paucity of funds? What are other states suppose to say?
We have a good number of mini road rehabilitation(I repeat mini)in a lot of places but I can bet you, their value is not anywhere near 1 Billion dollars in all. So what happened to the over $50 billion budgeted by the state over the years.
How come these monies were not used to execute these Grand Masterplans.

Fashola's Budgetary allocation for six years is close to $30 Billion and yet I cannot see one single project in the entire state worth above a 100 million dollars that has been completed. Not one. The only one nearing completion is the Lekki Ikoyi Bridge which will be tolled. Name one please, if I'm wrong.

Interestingly, we are here talking about a project that is still on paper after 5 years of inception and I'm supposed to be excited when the most villified Governor(Uduaghan) in the country didn't leave his own on paper, he actually brought it to fruition.

Lets face the facts here. Fashola is an excellent Governor but his hands are totally tied by Tinubu's Grand Power ambitions. Tinubu never complains of funds when executing a project for himself. Ikeja Mall was built on schedule. Oriental II never stopped construction. The dredging of Eko Atlantic "Estate" continues. Infact the money wasted on the purchase of planes for the moribund First Nation Airways would have comfortably kick started the Airport Construction.

No new BRT lanes six years after!
The 52km Lekki Epe Expressway has taken 10 years and stays incomplete.
Light Rail project: Less than 30% completion.
Fourth Mainland Bridge: Mirage!
Lekki FTZ/Seaport/Airport: Paper

I saw schools Amaechi built in Rivers state the other day and I wondered at Fashola- he has totally ignored education in the state. Same with healthcare. Same with

Still I think Fashola is a great performer. He has laid a solid foundation for Lagos state by building institutions and systems that would outlive generations and he has established certain standards that no new Lagos State Governor would have the courage to fall below. I respect him wella but must ask him the real questions. And I like his answer. Paucity of funds. And that points straight in the direction of Tinubu. Free Fashola from Tinubu and all these projects would have been commissioned before 2011.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters / Ladoja Joins Zenith Labour, Picks Alli As Guber Candidate / North-east Groups Write Oshiomhole, Endorse Goje As Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.