Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

What A Friday! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Friday! (934 Views)

Breakingnews: Lagos State Declares Friday Work- Free Day For PVC Collection / Tribunal Decides Aregbesola, Omisore’s Fate Friday / Governor Godswill Akpabio Is All Progressives Congress(apc) Man Friday In PDP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What A Friday! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
Friday the 5th of April 2013 will remain a black day in Nigeria's history.

So many road accidents happened around the country. The most deadly was the 'young shall grow' multiple accident which involved a Dangote cement truck, a petrol tanker and many other vehicles.

The other involving a lorry and two RTC buses along the owerri onitsha road. Another happened in Lagos where a family of four(Bello family) lost their lives(mysteriously, a trailer also crushed their private car).
The final one I came across was the tragic loss of lives of more than five members of a family (Osim family as announced in church) on their way to their family house in Ikom from Calabar to drop off their granny. A trailer crushed their private car and killed three generations including husband and wife. I'm in calabar so I heard that first. In total, more than 100 lives were lost

The big mystery is, all these accidents involved trailers. If we can remember, earlier on friday, Pastor Chris of Christ Embassy told his followers on his blog to pray against accidents involving trailers on their highways. Even the daily devotional, Our Daily Manner(odm) had 'prayer against accidents' as one of its themes for friday the 5th od April.

So I need people to know and understand that our weapons are not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in high places, just as is written in the holy bible. One can also infer from this that the bombings and air accidents and other calamities that have befallen Nigeria in the past decade are more spiritual than man made. I think Nigeria and Nigerians should repent genuinely and go to God prayers.

My prayer is that we should never experience such a black day again in the near or far future.

(1) (Reply)

The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North / Tortoise Hypothesis: How The Opposition Will Re-elect Jonathan In 2015 By Bolaji / The Wickedness Of Man. Abia State Must Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.