Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? (11372 Views)

Transgender Or Homosexuality Which Is More Of An Abomination / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Seun(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2005
I notice that when we're talking about premarital sex, most of us are not religious. Men and boys just want to have sex, girls and women too. Unmarried boys and girls don't care what the bible says, they just want to sleep with each other. "Body no be wood" is their claim, and on Sunday they go back to church to ask for repentance. This practice of fornication doesn't generate much rage when it's discussed; it's as if "everybody understands".

But when the issue of homosexuality comes up, people become very angry and very pious. That is when they start quoting the bible to support their beliefs! The same people who have defended fornication, which is outrightly condemned in the bible, suddenly become righteous warriours! The girls and guys have no qualms about 'enjoying' each other before marriage, but they are ready to quote the same bible to condemn homosexuals.

So I asked myself a question, which of these vices is a more terrible sin and why do you think so? From the point of view of Christians, and from the point of view of Muslims too (I don't know much about islam, so forgive me for not giving a proper introduction from the islamic point of view)!
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by CimonJorr(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2005
Bro...

There is no "more terrible sin"...

SIN is SIN..

However...

There are some sins which are easier to make restitutions for [if u believe or subscribe to that principle..]

To put it in another way, most sins are clearly acknowledged in the Bible.. but some of them.. a certain few... are clearly acknowledged as "abominations onto God"...

That, I believe, is the fundamental difference..
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by timmy(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2005
Well both are great sins and God as always showed his disgust on them. If you remember Sodom & Gomorrah, their greatest sin then was homosexuality, en they were destroyed, But when Anglican leaders are allowed to participate in this act, then who are we to condemn.. Let baba God make the judgment himself.   But Seun, [what led your mind to this question?]
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Chigszy(f): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2005
wow this is a tough one. i will answer this from the religious and biblical point of view. fornication is a sin if it is between unmarried couples and homosexuality is definately an abormination. that is from the bible and what is preached to us.

i have to agree with seun on this one people are very pathetic and when it comes to the discussion of fornication and homosexuality. they are all like freely agreeing that fornication is aite like having sex before marriage and all tht and even commenting that being a virgin aint all that is right but then when it comes to homosexuality they are quoting the bible like crazy!!! some even come up with their own quotes too and they condem homosexuality that is just twisted..

i mean i am not saying that you should not have your say but think before you all comment, do not contradict yourselves.....
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by vexxy(f): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2005
Sin is sin no matter how you slice it, dice it, and serve it out.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by dablessed(f): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2005
There is no greater sin.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by sage(m): 12:52am On Aug 16, 2005
What makes any of you here think that lying is a smaller sin than anyother sin. If it is not to you, then how many people here would say that they have not lied before? Lying is ok to many and people don't see it as beign so bad esp when you lie to save something important or achieve something crucial or protect a secret. If u lie , u are also commiting a very grave sin, and those of you who have never told a lie, let me see your hands since nigerians know how to claim holy. Let us stop decieving ourselves by branding some people sinners as if we are not all sinners.

<editor: extensive personal attack of a moderator removed>
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Chxta(m): 6:04am On Aug 16, 2005
Timmy got ot right. My take on that issue is this: God didn't destroy King Solomon who was a well known f*ckist for fornication or adultery neither did he desotroy David for f*cking Iya Solomon (he even made the child of that union David's heir).
[b]BUT HE RAINED FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ON SODDOM & GOMMORAH[/B]
That says it all.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Latoya(f): 6:06am On Aug 16, 2005
Sin is Sin,God is the judge
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Ginger(f): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2005
Quote from Sage: What makes any of you here think that lying is a smaller sin than anyother sin. If it is not to you, then how many people here would say that they have not lied before? Lying is ok to many and people don't see it as being so bad esp when you lie to save something important or achieve something crucial or protect a secret. If u lie , u are also committing a very grave sin, and those of you who have never told a lie, let me see your hands since nigerians know how to claim holy. Let us stop deceiving ourselves by branding some people sinners as if we are not all sinners.

Sage, did anybody here claim lying is not a sin? I think most response stated that "sin is a sin", and "no sin is greater that the other." Which includes lying as well!
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by layi(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2005
Why the anger about homosexuality beign condemned..shouldnt it be? Anyway I reserve my comments.
As regards the topic. I know for sure that Sin is Sin. It's not rice that can be measured and dished out.
U can't take a wrong route and arrive at the right destination neither is there a right way to do a wrong thing.

No sin is greater. In fact all sin "is" greatest.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by CorporateNija(m): 7:35am On Aug 17, 2005
It is always easier to criticize actions that we ourselves do not commit.
Public perception also dictates what is and what isn't allowed. In places where homosexuality is allowed, people as not as vehement in their criticism of the act. This however does not take away the fundamental truth- both acts of fornication and homosexuality are sin before God Almighty. None takes you to hell faster or slower. grin
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Johnny(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2005
No sin is smaller and greater,but homosexuality is a sin that is outdated,unspeakable,a heinous crime,anti social and devilish.It is evil!
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Greatpeter(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2005
johnny, you are correct how do you describe rape if you so rage on homosexuality like this.

I hate homosexualty ooo. I am not endorsing it, It is rape and homosexuality that Seun should pair together and not fornication and the duo.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Ra(f): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2005
I second Latoya..... a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin is..............

Lying is as bad a sin as homosexuality or fornication. So, there you have it!
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by hotangel2(f): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2005
talking about sin. No big or small sin. So yeah Both sins.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Adetola(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2005
talking about sin. No big or small sin. So yeah Both sins.

I second Latoya..... a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin is..............
Lying is as bad a sin as homosexuality or fornication. So, there you have it!
No sin is smaller and greater,but homosexuality is a sin that is outdated,unspeakable,a heinous crime,anti social and devilish.It is evil!

Below is a saying of one Greek Philosopher

There is no event, according to the law of proportion, that can be called "little"
A kid's loss of a dull and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same gravity

no small or big sin, sin na sin.

Ill rather go for fornication than homosexualism.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Hndholder(m): 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2005
Who ever is free of both should cast the first stone.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by kamakula: 4:31am On Sep 01, 2005
neither is a greater sin, they are just as bad as a slave running away from his owner
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by lalaingbea(m): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2005
Fornication or Homosexuality sin is sin
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by queen2(f): 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2005
every little sin we make/commit is big infront of the lord
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Owen(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2005
Adultry or armed robbery which is a greater sin?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by hotangel2(f): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2005
armed robery! cool
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by jenny247(f): 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2005
it's easy to say that one sin is worse than the other especially when one has more effect on both the sinner and society at large.
the truth is sin is sin, homosexuality or fornication.
some may be more morally aceptable than the others but in God's eye, it's all sin.
in this case, both honosexuality and fornication are sins against one's body.
it's like defiling our bodies, God's temple.
is just like saying, it's okay for a man to cheat on his wife but a woman shouldn't cheat on her husband.
the nigerian society finds it more permissive for a man to cheat but not a woman, yet in God's eye both are equally sins..
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by joshjosh(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2005
this sex business is all the result of some pervetted twisted thinking. i grew up living side by side a 48 room brothel so i saw the carnage first hand. of ugly pot bellied bald headed mostly failures and rejects of society turn these girls/ women into commodities to be messed with.

i remember my sisters calling it the sin factory then. fornication and homosexuality are ugly things. one is cheating and taking what is not legitimately yours and the other is basically defilling and spoiling yourself. which ever you enjoy, u are the poorer person for it.

pervetted and twisted minds have no good sence of sound judgement. we live in a world of anything goes and as they say we are not hurting no one. who says. psycosexual deceases, abortion clinics and HIV/AIDS wasted lives are a big drain on our society. thanks to our permissiveness of casual sex we are beginning to see a generation of twenty and thirty something that may never know the joy of being a mother because some one has spoilt the reproductive system with some corrosive chemicals and complication.

in this day of buy now pay later hope some of us are looking into the future to see the nightmares coming to streets and towns near us. if u are not just look at america and europe and fasten your seat belt because thinstle town cannot go into the mind of the diabolical one to show the world what is about to come on a little white screen showing in your city.

good thing happens to those who wait.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by layi(m): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2005
Definitely the best post I've read today. Thanks joshjosh.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by joshjosh(m): 12:35am On Oct 16, 2005
an adulterer is theif too. we dont do polygammy no more. we migrate to multi partner/s. the weapons used may be mouth as in flatery and the bad brains between the legs. when u look at how this seemingly private thing wrecks havock on the society and general public you will call it worse.

the deception and cheating and the heart ache. the wasting of some time scarce resources to lead the double life.

the family especially kids who suffer when family breaks. in some strange way, the extended family we have in africa has immuned us to the horror and consequences of adultery.

europe and north america has prospered economically in the last few years but the burden of social security alone has almost brought the economies to its knees. the reason you have huge cost of social security is the high level of single family mostly women bringing up kids on their own.

we dont have government social security but as u and i know the private individuals ( just u and me ) underwrites this for the good of man kind.

i know it is complicated but my opinion is that both armed robbery and adultery are ugly and nasty. it eats deeps into some one trust and emotions.

hope no one here cheats?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by gentleone(f): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2005
there is no greater sin, sin is sin.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by prettyH(f): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2005
see a sin is a sin and both av repercussions.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by icingbaby(f): 12:45am On Dec 02, 2005
to me sin is sin there is no one that is greater. if it is sex before marriage, adultery, bestiality, incest, and homosexuality are all serious sins against God.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by donnie(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2005
Even though sin is sin (the breaking of God's law) and offensive to God, there are still different categories or degrees of sin according to the bible. Some can cause greater harm to the offender than others.

1Jn 5:16
"If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it".

Pride, Envy, bitterness and greed for intance will destroy a christain much faster than telling lies and fornication would...Even though lies and fornication also have their own very negative effects. These (pride, envy, greed and bitteness)easily grieve the Holy Spirit in such a way that his presence can hardly be felt by the offender until full repentance.

These are spiritual sins and are responsible for most cases of alcers, cancers, diabetes, migraine headaches which are mostly spiritual and with little or no hope for cure as they make the body conducive for evil spirits to occupy and afflict a person. Unfortunately, these are the most tolerated in the church today.

As for fornication and homosexuality. I really cannot say which is greater. It is possible to categorise both as sexual immorality, with the same cure: a renewal of the mind according to God's Word. But looking at it in terms of society and God's Creation order, i think homosexuality would be considered a greater sin.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by nicetohave(m): 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2005
Sin is sin but sin are still classifiable, as mentioned above there is a sin unto death; also there are sin defiling the temple of God like Fornication, homosexuality is a form fornication......the bible describes it as "leaving the natural use of the women, men burning against men to perfom that which is not seemly"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16 "gods" that share the same story with jesus / Muskeeto, Ihedinobi, Lb...lets Talk Here :-) / Perfection Must Be Attained To Get To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.