Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,469 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:04 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (178513 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Go Down)

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2008
I'm opening this topic (atually modified from an earlier one!) so IPhone owners can showcase what they think are the best apps available (or soon to be available) for the platform.

Just installed this great App from the iPhone 3rd party community.
Called Wiki2 Touch, this gives you offline access to Wikipedia's entire database, running on your Iphone.
The database files can be downloaded free online, and then indexed for used with the iPhone app. The english binary for example takes up 2.9GB on my phone.

The Benefits? Without Wifi or GPRS, you have access to the tens of millions of articles on Wikipedia at the click of a button. For people like me that love knowledge, there's little better out there  grin

Screenshots below

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by bimbor(m): 7:10am On Apr 05, 2008
If d whole app takes a wooping 2.9gig off then whats d mem size of your iphone, i guess 8gig dont u think thats too much for one application considering also d ram usage when running it.

1 Like

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 10:27am On Apr 05, 2008
I have a 16Gb iphone.
before installing i had about 9GB free.

The 2.9Gb is a small price to pay for what the app does.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2008
Check out this video of Quake 3 Arena running on an iPhone. The dev has even gotten multiplayer to work. Looking great!

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvci1vTXyUo[/flash]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2008
Not too many people know of the thriving iPhone application community. The iPhone's 667Mhz processor, 128MB RAM and PowerVR MBX 3D GPU lends itself handily in the running of several console (and computer) emulators.
Few of them below.

Other thriving emulators on the iPhone include a NES emulator and a SCUMVMM emu (for lucas arts games)

To download 'em, simply add http://zodttd.com/repo/ to you installer to get them.

Playstation
Emulator: psx4all
Status: Version 0.10. Decent compatibility, varies with game

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
Emulator: snes4iphone

Game Boy Advance
Emulator: gpsphone

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2008
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by dragnet: 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2008
Am I getting interested or is it hypnosis grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2008
genesis4iphone grin

Sega Genesis and Sega CD emulator

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnMjyj4kiro[/flash]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2008
Introducing MXtube, the first native Youtube video downloader on a mobile phone.
Simply search for any video, tap on it and download, even over a cellular connection (GPRS).

Video below.

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhOahwZCO1s[/flash]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by bimbor(m): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2008
The reason apple may never make progress in d mobile arena is simply selfishness, they want everything to themself. Imagine u get an ipod and u have to register to itunes to buy mp3 for $0.99 a song, how many nigerians are that patient to go through those processes when there are terabytes of free mp3 online calling to be downloaded. Next they make the unpopular iphone and turned their backs on all OEMs, no third party window for users to enjoy applications except those made by apple for apple.i neva liked that phone anyway. Since u've all visited sites like dotsis,gsm0,mosh,dedomil,mobilust how many iphone apps did u find there? The iphone is a media hype, and besides d ipod i neva liked apple products even the Mac sucks. With giants like Nokia running this industry there will be no room for apple, lets not even delve into comparing the N95/N96 and iphone. Sentiments apart iphone is crap.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2008
bimbor:

The reason apple may never make progress in d mobile arena is simply selfishness, they want everything to themself. Imagine u get an ipod and u have to register to itunes to buy mp3 for $0.99 a song, how many nigerians are that patient to go through those processes when there are terabytes of free mp3 online calling to be downloaded. Next they make the unpopular iphone and turned their backs on all OEMs, no third party window for users to enjoy applications except those made by apple for apple.i never liked that phone anyway. Since u've all visited sites like dotsis,gsm0,mosh,dedomil,mobilust how many iphone apps did u find there? The iphone is a media hype, and besides d ipod i never liked apple products even the Mac sucks. With giants like Nokia running this industry there will be no room for apple, lets not even delve into comparing the N95/N96 and iphone. Sentiments apart iphone is crap.

1. You do not HAVE to buy music from the itunes store. You can easily copy your entire mp3 library to your iphone. This is the same model that works with the ipod, and they've sold over 100 million ipods worldwide. Obviously you've never owned an iPod.
The itunes store is simply a music store, and buying songs at 99 cents a song is an excellent business model for millions of people around the world who are basically honest.
If you still insist Apple are selfish because there are terabytes of music waiting to be illegally downloaded, it's your call.

2. The iPhone is only 'unpopular' in Nigeria, and that's because we're unreasoning Nokia fanboys. It's sold over 4 million units in the US. is that unpopular? It's the fastest selling smartphone in the US, and it's sold more than the N95 8GB in that territory. There are loads of 3rd party apps available online on Installer. All the apps i posted above, none were made by Apple. Even the Youtube downloader (which, incidentally can't be found on any nokia N-series phone) was written by a 16 year old boy called Max Weas.
The SDK has since been released, and with the impending release of the new firmware 2.0 and the App Store, lots of amazing apps are on the way for the iPhone. I'll post vids below.

3. Mac sucks? Please. The Mac OSX Leopard is hailed as an extremely splendid OS. Most reviewers even preferred it to Vista. I doubt you could afford a Mac anyways.

4. I don't go to dotsis or any of the other sites to get iPhone software. I can easily go to Hackintosh, Modmyiphone etc to get announcements on new iPhone software. To get iPhone software i don't need to go to any site. All i need to do is launch installer and download/install the latest 3rd party app. Simple. Unlike you, i do not use a warez site as a benchmark for quality.

5. If Nokia is so good, why wait for the iPhone to start the UI revolution before churning out a half-hearted touchscreen OS for their symbian smartphones? Where's the 'innovation' you praise to high heavens?

i understand where you're coming from. even with an iPhone you wouldnt know where to start, since you're so scared of change. Many people like myself have since come to realise that these Nokia/Samsung/Ericsson phones are mere iterations of previous versions, and once you strip away the veneer they're more of the same. The iPhone isn't perfect, but it's a damn good phone, with damn good hardware, backed by the most powerful OS seen on any mobile phone ever.

PS: Get an iPod. They're kinda cheap now.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2008
Super Monkey Ball running on the iPhone SDK

Demonstrates the tip of the iceberg of what the iphone's GPU can pump out

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6-cUOPoLY[/flash]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by bimbor(m): 11:19pm On Apr 05, 2008
Whats d use of an ipod without seamless connectivity anyway? I move with trend n i dont stick with tradition. Its obvious ure an apple fan but im happy u'll also realise that ure d only one dying 4 d iphone here too, dat shd relay a msg across 2 u,get a nokia n come alive. Whats so special about d youtube downloader when d latest N95 firmware plays youtube videos by default not to mention d capabilities of d N96, theres no arguing it Nokia is way ahead, n dont be deceived by touchscreen, every manufacturer got its style n dats what makes u unique: Sony is well known 4 walkman phones,nokia is known 4 d symbian OS, what makes u think nokia cant make 3310 a touchscreen phone n whats so crazy about touchscreen when even d inferior china phones have stylus.
What else do u xpect of d sales in North America is Apple not an American company, why not worldwide. Ipod is old news i used almost all generations while in school,but now i think d phone does it all: I can carry 1000 songs in my pocket,browse d web at my convenience, take a few photo shots,record videos at parties,play cool games when im bored and make and receive calls with one device. Well when u use d Nseries mobile phones no one will tell u b4 u sell off dat stuff u call iphone. I hope ure not trying to compare windows to Mac, pls dont go there.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 7:33am On Apr 06, 2008
@bimbor
I do not intend to continue this argument with you. More informed people than yourself have weighed in on this topic and have come away impressed. Naijafan, Dual Core and a few others are a good example. I'll just give you a li'l feedback on what you just wrote

1. You never had an iPod before. if you did, you'd have known that you could copy your own music onto it, instead of asserting in an earlier post that all ipod users are forced to buy music from Apple. Why lie?

2. The N95 plays Youtube videos when you're connected to the internet. The Youtube downloader for iPhone actually enables you download the video when you're away from internet. Hence you've got a scource for Offline music vieos. There's no comparison, and i'm sure you'd come to that conclusion if you'd given the matter some thought.

3. Comparing Chinese phones to the iPhone simply because they've got a touchscreen is simply daft and i suspect you know it. I have no doubt you've used a Chinese phone, but i seriously doubt you've EVER held or used an iPhone before. It's like saying 3650 = N95 simply because they both use variants of the symbian OS

4. You've hyped the N96 several times in this forum, each time painting a picture of it being 'innovative'. Where's the innovation? 16GB? There are 16GB phones out there, including the iPhone. DVB-H? GPS? innovation? I've used N-series handhelds before, and they are generally more of the same thing.

a

Finally, the fact that there are few iPhone owners in NL doesn't mean it's an unpopular phone in Nigeria. Thousands have been sold so far, and loads more are being sold daily. Everywhere i turn i see people carrying one. PErhaps it's a reflection of the social circles you travel in, but i see iPhones moving like wildfire. not bad for a phone that was initially sold locked.

I do not intend to have a 'nokia vs iPhone' argument with you. You're not qualified to cover this issue sufficiently, and it's been overflogged. This topic is not titled 'Iphone is the best in the World'. It was opened to showcase some cool apps available on the iphone, and i'll continue that.
If you really feel aggrieved, open another thread.

1 Like

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2008
* I can't use a lil' charge (Battery) I got left to read thru ur Arguments. .

angry
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2008
iDialer
SwirlyMMS
MMSD
ShowTime
Labyrinth
PDFViewer

those enhance the overall user experience 4 me.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2008
texazzpete:

2. The iPhone is only 'unpopular' in Nigeria, and that's because we're unreasoning Nokia fanboys. It's sold over 4 million units in the US. is that unpopular? It's the fastest selling smartphone in the US, and it's sold more than the N95 8GB in that territory. There are loads of 3rd party apps available online on Installer. All the apps i posted above, none were made by Apple. Even the Youtube downloader (which, incidentally can't be found on any nokia N-series phone) was written by a 16 year old boy called Max Weas.
The SDK has since been released, and with the impending release of the new firmware 2.0 and the App Store, lots of amazing apps are on the way for the iPhone. I'll post vids below.

The first statement in boldface got me upset. LOL. But really, I can bet there are more iPhone users in nigeria than the N82. The reason why there are more Nokia users in the country is because they have a wide range of handsets to choose from. iPhone is Apple's latest and only flagship telecommunications device. The N82 is Nokia's latest.

We have two very good YouTube downloaders for NSeries devices. emTube and mobiTubia. And they've been around for ages.

texazzpete:

5. If Nokia is so good, why wait for the iPhone to start the UI revolution before churning out a half-hearted touchscreen OS for their symbian smartphones? Where's the 'innovation' you praise to high heavens?

texazzpete:

Many people like myself have since come to realise that these Nokia/Samsung/Ericsson phones are mere iterations of previous versions,
wait for the next iPhone before you draw your conclusions. With Nokia and their S60 lineup, new devices differ in hardware configuration. Of course, the software wont change except there's an update from Symbian. Do you expect them to wait for the next Symbian OS release before they make a new device?

texazzpete:

The iPhone isn't perfect, but it's a damn good phone, with damn good hardware, backed by the most powerful OS seen on any mobile phone ever.
True story. At the moment. wink

texazzpete:

PS: Get an iPod. They're kind of cheap now.
LOLz

N.B. Just pointing out things i dont agree with, ok? Overall, nice thread. Nice device wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2008
@naijafan
I would say that having ONE device is pretty much better than having a plethora of phones from the end users point of view. At least we know Apple's committed to developing the iPhone as a powerful handheld platform.

Nokia, on the other hand is committed to bringing out N96 et al, then they go on to the next one. The only thing linking these new N-series phones is N-gage, and you and i know tht that Ngage is unlikely o get as much developer support as the iPhone appstore.

This is going OT! I don't wanna turn this into a Nokia vs iPhone pissing contest.

lol. Sure got the idea that bimbor had never used an ipod before. Dude needs to realise that this is an online forum, no need to lie to make a point.

My 30GB ipod's screen just cracked. Dammit! probably too expensive to change the screen, so i'll wipe it clean and use it as an external HDD.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2008
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Neoteny(m): 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2008
it ranks of pure jeaousy most of these ranters that go on and on about how crappy the iphone is as compared to nokia, and its evident because their dissing is so full of illogic and ignorance you can't help but wonder if they had ever held the darn thing or are just echoing other forums.

iphone is not just about the superb touchscreen, its not about 160ppi or 3D of core animation or cocoa or core video or core sound or  many of the awesome technology we interact with.

the iphone is amazing because of the power of its operating system which has never yet been seen in a any mobile phone, and which may not be seen in the next four years.

first off, apple began with a sound foundation: os x, which is the most sophisticated OS around. any other phone manufacturer aiming to make an iphone killer will have to 1, use symbian 2, use windows mobile, 3, use android and other forms of linux embedded, or 4, build a new desktop-level OS from scratch.

the first 3 options speak volumes about their limitations because we grew up with all kinds of implementations of them and none comes remotely close to the power and capabilities of osx. the fourth and last option is what informs my contention that it will take at least 4 years before the competition catches up to the iphones software. vista took six years to be what it is, so if microsoft were to customize vista for say a new iphone-like phone, they already have six years experience with the os and two decades of windows experience.  therefore at most they will need 2 years or more to properly customize vista fo the new platform.

nokia, sonyericcson, motorola et al will have to build from scratch (which may take anywhere from ten years of false starts, delays, alphas, betas, RC1s and 2s, version 1, 1.01, RCMs etc)

here is what steve jobs said at macworld 2007 when the phone was first unveiled( i have the videocast): " the iphone is an interplay of hardware and software that took the best part of 5 years of research. the actual implementation and design took 2 and a half years." so that leaves nokia, say, like 7 and a half years behind in terms of this sort of development.

don't even bother saying that nokia has been making phones for a generation: yes they have, but their experience boils down to making phones that all share similar interface for almost half of that generation with little or no innovation in their field.

meanwhile apple has been making extremely powerful hardware and amazing software for almost two generations.

the iphone was time magazines gadget of the year 2007, as well as a slew of other publications and media that variously awarded it innovation of the year, invention of the year etc. in case you are not aware, even the blackberry crowd find the iphone popular, so all you "iphone is not business oriented" mob can go hang.

in essence, mobile phones are moving beyond simply making calls, they are becoming more of portable computers that seek to be the hub of our digital lives, and none is more of a portable computer worthy of the name than the iphone. symbian phones are just "smart' phones, iphone is much more.

@texazzpete

im glad you got this thread up and running. i was sceptical of emus but seeing thsese sceenies, im jumping in. best app, dropcopy (if you use a mac). its a sort of balckhole, drop a copy of an app/file in one phone (or mac) and it appears in the other. great way to share content.

pdfviewer doesnt work for me, i keep my pdfs in /applications/pdf but they don't appear, kept it relative to / and still no show. but tried a safari plugin for 1.1.4, typed 12.7.0.1 and voila! it works!

i use mac a lot, and i love it. im an unashamed fanboy
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2008
u need 2 keep your PDF docs in /var/root/Media/PDF (note the caps, case-sensitive of course).

besides the /Applications directory should only contain apps.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DualCore1: 11:34pm On Apr 07, 2008
***holds biro and paper to write down names of those tex has converted into iPhone owners.

tex small small o, shay after i see all those screenshots, your intention na to make me throw way my nokia abi?  embarassed

i shouldn't have come near this thread by this time of the night, now when i wan go sleep na so so iPhone go dey ma dreams  undecided

@Neotony
what do u have against the concept of short posts? come, how many words per minute do u type? angry
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 11:36pm On Apr 07, 2008
@neoteny,logica

Why use PDFviewer? Safari does a far better job since it even allows you to 'pinch'.
I use the PDF/DOC/XLS viewer from the Modmyiphone source. It needs PHP and lightppd installed, but i suspect you guys already have that running.

Installed RipDEV's screenshot app yet? might be a good idea to get some screenshots of cool apps also in your posts. perhaps bimbor was right and i'm trying to sway people over to the iPhone, but a bigger community never hurt anyone.

Any of you installed Cydia? what's it like?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 11:38pm On Apr 07, 2008
lol
Dual Core, glad to see you're back.
make the switch now. I can assure you, by August this year you'll see screenshots that'll make you green with envy grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DualCore1: 11:43pm On Apr 07, 2008
texazzpete:

make the switch now. grin
shay na with teeth i go use make switch abi?

kai! see oppression.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 11:55pm On Apr 07, 2008
i use PDFViewer for PDF docs I have had on my laptop, and which I regularly use as reference.

Well, now since there's a file:// protocol fix for the Safari, you can use the Safari plugin, but PDFViewer serves its purpose well. I didn't bother with the PDF/DOC/XLS Viewer because of the extras. I don't want a web-server running on my phone, and certainly not PHP.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:31am On Apr 08, 2008
Dunno if you guys are using this already, but i think kvip converter has to be the best thing since sliced bread! Easily convert any video format to iPhone format, with great quality

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32674

check out this thread.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by bimbor(m): 6:03am On Apr 08, 2008
texazzpete:

@bimbor
I do not intend to continue this argument with you.
Neither do i.

texazzpete:

1.You never had an ipod.
Lol; pls buy me one na.

texazzpete:

2. The N95 plays Youtube videos when you're connected to the internet. The Youtube downloader for iPhone actually enables you download the video when you're away from internet.

naijafan:

We have two very good YouTube downloaders for NSeries devices. emTube and mobiTubia. And they've been around for ages.

@naijafan please educate them.

texazzpete:

3. Comparing Chinese phones to the iPhone simply because they've got a touchscreen is simply daft.
Thats one of your probs ure slow to understand n u never read inbetween d lines. I never compared chinese phones to iphone, i simply told u to stop crying about touchscreen, we all know theres nothing special about it when even those china phones carry them

texazzpete:

4. You've hyped the N96 several times in this forum,
I know this one thing its better than your overhyped gadget.
Overall lets not brag about our bank accounts on an invisible forum, 99% of d time it makes no sense.
Final Note: Its obvious neither of us can buy d other over so keep your iphone while i stick to my N-series. EOD.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Neoteny(m): 9:41am On Apr 08, 2008
@logica

i used the path /applications cos i noticed pdf viewer was throwing references to rthat path, that was after i placed the files in /var/root/Media/PDF and they wont turn up, used winscp to copy them. now i use PDF/DOC/XLS.

lol, you already have a web server runnin in your phone, web apps are written in Ajax.
@bimbor

so when you look at iphone all you see is touchscreen? and thats why you compare it to chinese "phone"? you need the experience, brah.

@texazzpete

itunes already does a good job converting videos in its library to iphone m4v or mp4 format with the correct aspect ratio. and its damn fast.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Neoteny(m): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2008
@ bimbor

" Nokia said they didn't care about the iPhone back when it was introduced, not even commented on it beyond a brief "smeh." Then, they presented their iPhone killer concept, a demo that looked and acted exactly like Apple's handset, even while it was "no competition for Nokia." Now they have announced they are "readying" the final product, code-named Tube. They showed it yesterday, while pooh-poohing on His Steveness' toy:
"We've done that [volume] since we've had dinner on Friday."

That SteveBallmerism was pulled out of his hat by Tom Libretto, vice president of Forum Nokia, talking about iPhone's sales, apparently forgetting that taller giants have fallen after similar words. Specially when he is conveniently ignoring that Apple's record volume is just one non-subsidized model that competes with your top of the line—handsets like the Nokia N95 and the N96—in just a handful of countries (and for the longest period of its lifetime, in only one market, which is not as big when it comes to mobiles like Europe or Asia.)

Now, it's not that we don't think Nokia's Tube can't be a great success or that Nokia is in a bad position at all. They are clearly the Número Uno, without a doubt, and for all we know, Tube could be the best thing since either the iPhone itself or the Beamz. However, publicly smashing a newcomer, a still small and young player in the cellphone market, doesn't give credibility to Nokia, as the incumbent player: it gives credibility to the new kid on the block, who doesn't only look smarter and cooler to the general consumer, but now also looks like a clear and present danger to the Finnish company.

And while all that happens in a single quote, there's just a slide to show about Tube and still no planned date for shipment"

http://gizmodo.com/377171/nokia-to-apple-blah-blah-iphone-killer-blah-blah-you-suck

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Neoteny(m): 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2008
heres anoter rip for you courtesy samsung

" It looks like Samsung's Instinct won't just be kind of-sorta doing some iPhone stuff -- it will be doing actual iPhone stuff. Sprint announced that it has licensed Klausner's Visual Voicemail (yes, Visual Voicemail) for use in the familiar looking device, adding weight to the argument that this is the carrier's official play for the iPhone market. If you'll recall, Klausner sued AT&T and Apple over the feature, which it claims violated two of its patents. Now all they need to do is throw Cover Flow, Google Maps integration, and some wiggly icons on there, and this race will really get heated."

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/04/06/sprint-licenses-visual-voicemail-for-the-samsung-instinct/

i guess if the iphone is crap, none of these big boys will be rushing to blatantly copy it.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2008
texazzpete:

@naijafan
and you and i know that that Ngage is unlikely o get as much developer support as the iPhone appstore.

Symbian has the largest developer base. S60 in particular. In contrast to what people felt when S60 3rd Edition introduced Symbian Signed, there are lots of developers out there with applications that run only on S60 3rd Ed.

texazzpete:

I would say that having ONE device is pretty much better than having a plethora of phones from the end users point of view. At least we know Apple's committed to developing the iPhone as a powerful handheld platform.

Nokia, on the other hand is committed to bringing out N96 et al, then they go on to the next one.

Maybe i dont get the end user's point of view which you are referring to. I'm sure u know the average individual cant afford the iPhone or the high-end NSeries devices. What does Nokia do? Create phones like 6121 classic with minimal extra hardware, most recent offering from Symbian, and cool connectivity options - at an affordable price. Now, everybody should be able to boast of a smartphone.

Both companies have various business models. As i've always said, lets wait for Apple's next device - of course, they'll love to upgrade their hardware someday. Even RIM created the Blackberry Pearl for users that didnt want to hold the usual bogus devices they traditionally offer and at a cheaper cost compared to their other models at that time.

texazzpete:

This is going OT! I don't want to turn this into a Nokia vs iPhone pissing contest.

I wouldnt want that too. But ideas have to be exchanged. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices / Tecno M5 discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.