Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN (17714 Views)

Children For Sale Heartbreakingly Easy To Find In Ravaged Nigeria-CNN / Has 'obamagic' Finally Worn Off In Nigeria? - CNN / Detroit Bomber's Dad Warned US Authorities In Nigeria - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by ocheejemb: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
sleekman: If I was President I will make it a priority to criminalize tribalism just as racism is. This tribal bashing must be declared criminal urgently. Once that is done no one will come here an online forum and spill bile from their devilish, hate infested gutters they call mouths.

I swear to God!!! We will start to progress as a nation when we overcome this idiocy. Gosh, Im so annoyed right now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by GalaxyNoteII: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nwando claimed to be marred and she even claimed to be a professional worker.

1. What married woman with children spends 20hrs/day on NL hating on Yoruba?

2. Which practicing professional spends 20hrs/day on NL fueling ethnic hatred?

If you have children, why are you on NL behaving like a child?

Understandably hard it must be for you, having your has-band find both emotional and physical enjoyment from a women half your age, tribalism won't lessen the feeling of uselessness and depression. Or do you want to call this a lie too? We know your closest friend from NVS has been jisting everyone on the dilapidated life.

Aren't you just ashamed of yourself, trying to smear a young doctor whose only crime is keeping dirty mentally disturbed individuals like yourself off the street.

Are you mad the doctor was a COURAGEOUS AND SELFLESS Yoruba woman, and unlike the dirty mgbekes and recharge-card-begging helfas you find in the streets of Abia?

Focus on your marriage woman, and tend to your children before they end up all bitter like you.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by Sylverbox(m): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
While u guys are all up on each other's neck, the babe is busy servicing d rich n powerful...we hav 2 realise we really are all we have. How come those genuine guys who help d poor that cnt afford heli lifts dnt make it 2 CNN....#just asking.
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
This is why you just hear when someone is trying to do something good in nigeria will just die or run away, too many haters ready to pull you down!

There has never been an air ambulance in Nigeria, a young girl brought it in and the old cargoes association of nigeria headed by nwando no like am!

Nwando, abeg face your life, haba!
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
This one is not about tribal bashing
The girls story is not pure and we all know it

Ten years experience in NHS will be construed by anybody to mean full time work not aggregating cumulative experience as volunteers.

That is embellishment and can also be construed as fraud

Nwando sorry on this one that your intentions are mis construed
Just drop it

She is involved in a good business idea lets hope it works

One love guys

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by dada01(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
it is so unfortunate that we nigerians dont appreciate and celebrate our self.whatever her qualifications is, she broght a great innovation into the coun3, at whatever age, she is a achiever, what ave u acieve at ur old ages
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by Angyee(f): 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
According to this latest article she went into med school at 15 despite recanting that claim in an email
She claims she graduated at 21, read her again
So who is giving all these media houses false information about her
I had earlier read she graduated with her MBBS in 2007
Now your investigation says 2008
That makes her age at graduation closer to 23 not her earlier claims of 21

Final results of British med exams are out within a few days of taking them BTW
She is not the youngest graduated doctor in the UK as she claimed
The youngest was 21 and prior to that a 22 year old held that record.
The mere fact that you are struggling hard to explain away every falsehood she has presented speaks volumes
The truth stands on it's merits

Nothing fantastic about grad age so why does she emphasize it
This is herin the article here

So what are you defending when she says here she graduated at 21?

She stated herself she entered at 17 years of age. And yes, she graduated at 21 if she entered at 17 years. How you ask? Well as I was having dinner just now out of curiosity I Google-d youngest doctor in UK, guess what I found?

A 21-year-old woman has become one of Britain's youngest doctors after graduating from the University of Manchester. Rachael Faye Hill, who was born in Blackpool, received.....
Teachers allowed her to skip school years and she sat her GCSEs at 13 and completed her A-levels at 15, achieving A grades in chemistry and biology and Bs in maths and physics. However, students cannot study medicine until they are 17 in England so Ms Hill started her five-year course a few weeks after her 17th birthday.

She graduated, along with friends aged 23 and 24, aged 21 and 352 days

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-10637958.

That is most likely around the age Ola was as well. Now she graduated in 2008 (edited), this lady graduated in 2010. It is entirely possible that at the time of graduation she was the youngest and also 21 years and three hundred-and-something days but now this lady by a few days or months has beat her record so to speak and so is NOW the youngest and she is now ONE OF the YOUNGEST. So actually hun, her age of graduation from this article is an achievement. There is everything fantastic about it.

And I still cannot see the lies.
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by simdam500(m): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
God knows best joor... Am hapi for her... Atleast she's has got a bright future
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
sleekman: Nwando anything more? Otherwise michionu Biko! Ure a stinking moth in a trash can is my final verdict. Get a life

Bhuhahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

Biolabee shut up your mouth you woman uncouth wrapper! I fûcking hate your flipping guts! angry

Thanks @Angyee for the comprehensive lectures and Debosky as always.

Galaxy.Note.II:
ALL THIS HATING JUST BECAUSE THE DOCTOR IS YORUBA. . . . cheesy . . . . NWANNE, DID OJUKWU FIGHT FOR YOU TO BE THIS BITTER?

WE NEED MORE OF HER IN NGERIA, AND ESP IN ABIA, WHERE THE NUMBER OF INSANE SURPASSES THE SANE.

BITTER BITTER OLD HAG NWANDO AT IT AGAIN. . . .EPIC FAIL cool

You just summarized this whole saga.... I no know oh and it beats me why so much hatred Ah!

nwando:
And bed making is medical experience
Is that what you want me to respond to
You have been thoroughly mesmerized by this fraud I can see
I rest my case

Yes ma'am it's part of it.... My medical experience on my Résumé started from my 2nd academic year which commenced in the hospitals for extensive practicums such as bed making, Temp, BP and running back and forth at the emerg. And many more.
Next time ask instead of flushing your dirty mouth and ignorance on a public forum.

You are the fraud Nwando... Get a life( if you have any left) you graceless excuse of a creation!
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by ajanaku2(m): 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
That Nwando Bit'ch is as worthless as Nkiru's Pants!...Don't ask me who Nkiru is!
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by fsb(m): 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
jidegirl12:

Biolabee shut up your mouth you woman uncouth wrapper! I fûcking hate your flipping guts! angry

You just summarized this whole saga.... I no know oh and it beats me why so much hatred Ah!

Yes ma'am it's part of it.... My medical experience on my Résumé started from my 2nd academic year which commenced in the hospitals for extensive practicums such as bed making, Temp, BP and running back and forth at the emerg. And many more.
Next time ask instead of flushing your dirty mouth and ignorance on a public forum.

You are the fraud Nwando... Get a life( if you have any left) you graceless excuse of a creation!

1. Na posters like dis that should be banned for lying...how many international /ISO accreditedhealthcare companies have you worked for - that you come here to say your experience began at 2nd year unless you're a registered nurse.

2. while the young lady has done very well by setting up the company, the nwa**** poster was trying to make the following point - you can sell yourself and your company without garnishing it with lies and portraying yourself differently. Working as an administrative assistant does not count as medical experience - don't even argue if you dont have an MD after your name.

Having said that, thumbs up to her anyway, wish more graduates could set up small business that are changing the way things are done in Nigeria/Africa even though its not easy out there....
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
fsb:

1. Na posters like dis that should be banned for lying...how many international /ISO accreditedhealthcare companies have you worked for - that you come here to say your experience began at 2nd year unless you're a registered nurse.

2. while the young lady has done very well by setting up the company, the nwa**** poster was trying to make the following point - you can sell yourself and your company without garnishing it with lies and portraying yourself differently. Working as an administrative assistant does not count as medical experience - don't even argue if you dont have an MD after your name.

Having said that, thumbs up to her anyway, wish more graduates could set up small business that are changing the way things are done in Nigeria/Africa even though its not easy out there....

You don't get the point do you?

My own Education / work experience is not your problem here so shut your face will ya? I just gave an example from my point of view how work experience on a résumé is estimated.

The Doctor in question included her Volunteering/Residency/Intern/ whatnot experience in her resume ,is that a problem? And how's that considered a Fraud?

Good thing you acknowledged her success hence what's expected from us & not bashing her / questioning her credibility because of her Tribe like you lot.
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by purpleclouds: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
Super Story live cheesy
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by ocheejemb: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
The NHS isn't a hospital, its the government agency in charge of almost everything medical in the UK. The NHS employs not just doctors and nurses, but cleaners and accountants and lawyers and physiotherapists and IT guys and etc etc, just like any other organisation. So by saying she has 10 years experience in the NHS she isn't implying at all that that she has worked for them for 10 years as a doctor. Especially when she's also saying in the same breath that she was one of the youngest doctors at her time at 21/22 and is now 27 years old! When you present your CV, you embellish the high points of it to demonstrate to employers why you are a good fit for the job. If she has been exposed to the fantastic healthcare system that is the NHS since she was 14 why should this not appear on her CV.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
jidegirl12:

Any surprise from a rabid poster tongue

Someone put up a white lie that she has ten years experience and you call yourself an entrepreneur
Nwanyi may have some tribal antecedents elsewhere but it does not mean we throw out the baby and the bath water

Are these the kind of riff rafts u employ in ur biz
I'm no wrapper dear

Lets call a spade a spade

ISh
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by somebody(f): 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
I am actually ashamed for nwando - you claimed she wasn't registered to practice in the UK. Just maybe, it was an error on you or your colleague's part that checked the GMC register - should we now start calling you a fraud? My point - mistakes do happen and yes her experience during med school counts for experience. I have many doctor relatives and during med school (even the ones in Africa), go for placements in US and Canada to work in hospitals. What do you call that - all na medical experience. Kudos to the young doctor for her brilliance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
jidegirl12:

You don't get the point do you?

My own Education / work experience is not your problem here so shut your face will ya? I just gave an example from my point of view how work experience on a résumé is estimated.

The Doctor in question included her Volunteering/Residency/Intern/ whatnot experience in her resume ,is that a problem? And how's that considered a Fraud?

Good thing you acknowledged her success hence what's expected from us & not bashing her / questioning her credibility because of her Tribe like you lot.

So for your mind if you add all those experience e reach ten years
When she come go school

Learner
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
somebody: I am actually ashamed for nwando - you claimed she wasn't registered to practice in the UK. Just maybe, it was an error on you or your colleague's part that checked the GMC register - should we now start calling you a fraud? My point - mistakes do happen and yes her experience during med school counts for experience. I have many doctor relatives and during med school (even the ones in Africa), go for placements in US and Canada to work in hospitals. What do you call that - all na medical experience. Kudos to the young doctor for her brilliance.

Does it make sense to add to ten years

Is nursing now medical experience
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by ocheejemb: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
fsb:

What does working for ISO accredited companies or whatever have to do with anything? It seems like you are an MD and one would have expected better from you.

Are you saying that any experience before your qualification is useless and invalid? FYI, Student Work Experience, Voluntary work and Internships are a very STRONG part of a fresh graduates CV in any field. Because its not utilised properly in Nigeria doesn't mean it isn't valued elsewhere.
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by ocheejemb: 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
biolabee:

No its agricultural experience
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by somebody(f): 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
biolabee:

Huh? Who mentioned nursing? In the UK, experience gained while studying counts towards relevant experience. That is why it is highly recommended for students to gain "relevant experience" during their summer hols. And the medical students I know did some sort of internship in the hospitals they were posted to.
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
somebody:

Huh? Who mentioned nursing? In the UK, experience gained while studying counts towards relevant experience. That is why it is highly recommended for students to gain "relevant experience" during their summer hols. And the medical students I know did some sort of internship in the hospitals they were posted to.

And the sum of the experience will aggregate to ten years. shocked
When was she schooling

I don't know how a simple factual thing degenerated into tribal stuff

We all know her story is not straight yet we attack anyone that points out any discrepancy
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by somebody(f): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
biolabee:

And the sum of the experience will aggregate to ten years. shocked
When was she schooling

I don't know how a simple factual thing degenerated into tribal stuff

We all know her story is not straight yet we attack anyone that points out any discrepancy

Well, its hard for me to take nwando serious now as she mentioned that her and her colleagues checked and the girl wasn't registered to practice in the UK. Now, this has been proved to be false so unfortunately for her, it will be difficult for me to believe anything else she has to say about this matter. I am neither Ibo or yoruba so not interested in any tribal war they seem to have going on.
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
somebody:

Well, its hard for me to take nwando serious now as she mentioned that her and her colleagues checked and the girl wasn't registered to practice in the UK. Now, this has been proved to be false so unfortunately for her, it will be difficult for me to believe anything else she has to say about this matter. I am neither Ibo or yoruba so not interested in any tribal war they seem to have going on.

Exactly my point
Due to someone's antecdents does it mean the person does not make sense

How the girl get ten yahs experience o

Let us acknowlege her business acumen but the tori no too pure
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by debosky(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
biolabee:
Ten years experience in NHS will be construed by anybody to mean full time work not aggregating cumulative experience as volunteers.

It may do so - however, it is beholden on the individual who wants to take a decision on that statement of experience to understand what is meant by that statement and not blindly assume.

That is embellishment and can also be construed as fraud

It cannot be, except by those who want to be fraudulent themselves. She has publicly stated what she means by nearly 10 years experience - it comprises of her voluntary roles as well as other positions held within the NHS. She did not say she has 10 years experience as a General Practitioner or a Consultant.
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
fsb:

GBAM!!
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by debosky(m): 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
oche_ejemb:

No its agricultural experience

grin
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
debosky:

It may do so - however, it is beholden on the individual who wants to take a decision on that statement of experience to understand what is meant by that statement and not blindly assume.

It cannot be, except by those who want to be fraudulent themselves. She has publicly stated what she means by nearly 10 years experience - it comprises of her voluntary roles as well as other positions held within the NHS. She did not say she has 10 years experience as a General Practitioner or a Consultant.

Debo working from 16 to 26 in hospitals while schooling in a medical program
Though 26 less 16 is ten, you cannot tell me you have ten years experience

Bros e no add up

Anyhow sha since the burden of proof is on the potential employer
No problem then

When the truth comes up in the future, it will still bite us as naija people
Ish
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by debosky(m): 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
biolabee:
Debo working from 16 to 26 in hospitals while schooling in a medical program
Though 26 less 16 is ten, you cannot tell me you have ten years experience

She stated she worked from 14, not 16. Secondly - ten years experience can simply mean experience gained over a period of 10 years, it does not necessarily mean you've spent each and every moment of the past 10 years in that organisation.

Anyhow sha since the burden of proof is on the potential employer
No problem then

Exactly - if I am seeking to employ her, I will ask her what her 10 years experience means, and by her answer I will decide if it's relevant to my requirements or not.

When the truth comes up in the future, it will still bite us as naija people
Ish

Bite who? Folk should not seek to impose their own interpretations of what the lady has claimed on the rest of us. What she means by 10 years experience is clear - her time in the NHS in various roles from when she was 14. Clearly it is not 10 years, uninterrupted, medical doctor level experience.
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by baby124: 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
LMAO. Funny and disgraceful thread. WOW. Na wa. How does someone bring back an e-image from this

Eni te, ma te mehn! No matter how long. Iya were ti te o ti te o!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
biolabee:

So for your mind if you add all those experience e reach ten years
When she come go school

Learner

Biolabee... come over to family section you belong so I can explain to you in full details what I do for a living you a ss hole woman wrapper!

My little girl under 10 has been doing humanitarian job for over 2 yrs now , when she reaches age 20 that's gonna be over 12yrs experience on her resume. Does that make sense Biola?

oche_ejemb: The NHS isn't a hospital, its the government agency in charge of almost everything medical in the UK. The NHS employs not just doctors and nurses, but cleaners and accountants and lawyers and physiotherapists and IT guys and etc etc, just like any other organisation. So by saying she has 10 years experience in the NHS she isn't implying at all that that she has worked for them for 10 years as a doctor. Especially when she's also saying in the same breath that she was one of the youngest doctors at her time at 21/22 and is now 27 years old! When you present your CV, you embellish the high points of it to demonstrate to employers why you are a good fit for the job. If she has been exposed to the fantastic healthcare system that is the NHS since she was 14 why should this not appear on her CV.

Thank you sir.

See^^^^ Biola? Now who's a learner? I dey go home jare angry
Re: Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN by biolabee(m): 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
debosky:

She stated she worked from 14, not 16. Secondly - ten years experience can simply mean experience gained over a period of 10 years, it does not necessarily mean you've spent each and every moment of the past 10 years in that organisation.

Exactly - if I am seeking to employ her, I will ask her what her 10 years experience means, and by her answer I will decide if it's relevant to my requirements or not.

Bite who? Folk should not seek to impose their own interpretations of what the lady has claimed on the rest of us. What she means by 10 years experience is clear - her time in the NHS in various roles from when she was 14. Clearly it is not 10 years, uninterrupted, medical doctor level experience.

Ok....since this is your conclusion which I also agree with
We are on the same page

Ish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senators Clash Over Security Activities At Ports / NDDC Probe: PDP Reps Split Over Alleged Cover-up By Gbajabiamila / Duke: Imoke Behind Ayade’s Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.