Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau (9693 Views)

Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani / Boko Haram Kills 25 In Adamawa - CNN / Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by kaze4blues(m): 5:16am On Apr 09, 2013
Renewed Attacks Claim 25 in Plateau
09 Apr 2013
Font Size: a / A

Governor Jonah Jang

By Seriki Adinoyi

Renewed attacks in Zango village and Wase town, both in Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State, had by the last count Monday night claimed at least 25 persons.

It was gathered that a group of armed youths alleged to be Tarok attempted to ambush Wase town Monday afternoon but were repelled by the community’s youths and vigilante groups.

Speaking on the incident, a youth leader from Wase, Shafi'i Sambo, said: “Shortly after we completed Zuhur prayers we heard gunshots being fired into our community and everybody started running, but we were able to chase the militants across Zango and burnt their camps around the area.”

Sambo explained further: “Five of our youths are dead and we brought back their corpses while I saw about 20 corpses that did not belong to us and must be the Tarok's.

He said about seven of his kinsmen were rushed to the Wase General Hospital for treatment.

Also, a member of a community development association from Yelwan Shendam, Abdullahi Danbaba, said he narrowly escaped the attack while on his way to Yelwa.

A Tarok traditional ruler, Ponzhi Kumbwang of Wase LGA, Jessey Pyenkwam, who spoke to newsmen on the phone said that he had been informed that much of the Zango settlement have been razed. He expressed bitterness over the crisis.

He said: “It is sad that this crisis has taken this turn. It is even more sad that it is being seen as a Tarok-Fulani confrontation because both communities need each other.”

Spokesman of the Special Task Force (STF), Salisu Mustapha confirmed last night that there had been attacks around Wase but did not know the casualties recorded.

Mustapha said: “There were disturbances on the outskirts of Wase but I have no report on the casualties,” adding that the disturbances have been brought under control.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/renewed-attacks-claim-25-in-plateau/144422/

Crisis here, crisis there.
May god save us in this shit hole called naija

1 Like

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by 9javoice1(m): 5:32am On Apr 09, 2013
God pls take us out from this pit call naija.
pls make those who love one naija to remain in it without a door of escape.

we the igbos need out by your grace Amen

13 Likes

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by freebloke: 6:55am On Apr 09, 2013
wait o!
All dis die die wey dey hapin so,na piples dey die so abi na shickens?...even shickens no dey die lai dis nah.if dem come sluta pipos finish na wetin dem go come dey sluta....mayb shickens!
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by tayooluwole: 7:04am On Apr 09, 2013
Naija has become a death corridor for d citizen...u re alive 2day just becos u ve nt fallen victim... May God save us
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by maasoap(m): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2013
Now this is a Fulani's settlement that was razed with 27 Fulanis killed and perhaps mostly women and children, and we won't hear cries. But when they sneak in tomorrow night to avenge the death of their people, noise makers will remember to start crying blue murder. I also read the "perfect" excuse given above for killing 27 of them right in their settlement and yet nobody killed in the "ambush".

5 Likes

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by Tolexander: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2013
9ja voice: God pls take us out from this pit call naija.
pls make those who love one naija to remain in it without a door of escape.

we the igbos need out by your grace Amen
yes nnamdi azikwe shouldn't find a door to escape even after death? That is very bad cursing your founding father!

@topic!
Those are men that have the courage to defend their territories and don't even mind dying for the territory, not bolting to that coast of many ivories.
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2013
maasoap: Now this is a Fulani's settlement that was razed with 27 Fulanis killed and perhaps mostly women and children, and we won't hear cries. But when they sneak in tomorrow night to avenge the death of their people, noise makers will remember to start crying blue murder. I also read the "perfect" excuse given above for killing 27 of them right in their settlement and yet nobody killed in the "ambush".

While I do not support shedding of blood of any sort, the fact that the Fulanis have painted themselves as aggressors is the reason everybody cries when they attack. Any attack of the Fulani is seen as retaliatory and not offensive.

While retaliatory attacks are not justified, the Fulanis have a great work to do in other for people to have confidence in them again as neighbors.

5 Likes

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 09, 2013
Please they should stop these unnecessary killings.

1 Like

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by slimghost(m): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2013
Gowon come and see your ONE NIGERIA ooooo. This is just the beginning! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by kettykin: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2013
Tolexander: yes nnamdi azikwe shouldn't find a door to escape even after death? That is very bad cursing your founding father!

@topic!
Those are men that have the courage to defend their territories and don't even mind dying for the territory, not bolting to that coast of many ivories.
at least they fought to defend themselves rather than wait for their late ancestors to defend them

6 Likes

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by Scarpon(m): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2013
all this killings make me weak
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by Morgan1092(m): 11:16am On Apr 09, 2013
Mayb FG shld also include dis 1's in amnesty. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by ichommy(m): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2013
God only u can help us
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 09, 2013
See wetin Amnesty dey Cause...
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by heykims(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2013
Oh God!!! Wat is d country turning into?
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by brownlord: 11:31am On Apr 09, 2013
Cause unto that day January 1, 1914, and also the foolish man called Lord Lugard, for his stupid and unholy matrimony they called "Amalgamation" why would any sane person join humans with animals living up north? Cant we go our seperate ways and stop this madness of one Nigeria that was never suppose to be in the first place
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by madridguy(m): 11:32am On Apr 09, 2013
Well, i pray the deceased rest in thy blossom of thy lord. I'm surprised that to nobody mention about any religion being a blood sucker now, but if it was a way round, you will see some people here shouting religion of peace
blood sucker. Well, All i want to say is that no violent in Jos and Kaduna is about religion. There wahala na ethnics palava. God save Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by Tolexander: 11:32am On Apr 09, 2013
kettykin:
at least they fought to defend themselves rather than wait for their late ancestors to defend them
and who won?
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by heykims(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2013
still mourning d death of fellow lautech students...wetin be ds again?
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by heykims(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2013
brownlord: I course that day January 1, 1914, and also the foolish man called Lord Lugard, for his stupid and unholy matrimony they called "Amalgamation" why would any sane person join humans with animals living up north? Cant we go our seperate ways and stop this madness of one Nigeria that was never suppose to be in the first place
noted!! U can now excuse ursef to d zoo..

1 Like

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by kettykin: 11:40am On Apr 09, 2013
Tolexander: and who won?

The Victors were Soviet Union and Britain who came into the scene to maintain their hold on Africa

8 Likes

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by alienware(m): 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
I am tired of horrible news emanating from that part of the country....... But wait is it that they ' ve ran out of quran pages to memorize so they are bored ? I think they are extremely emotional, volatile people who say they follow a faith filled with peace & yet their holy book advocates violence ! If ee dey pain anybody where be muslim make him go jam e head for wall.
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by WilyWily6: 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
alienware: I am tired of horrible news emanating from that part of the country.......
It is not a horrible news, the news coming out from middle Belt is a normal thing. Middle Belters are Slave of Fulani/Hausa, and they must remain Slave forever, To them it is an Honour to be killed by Fulani or Hausa.
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by hishandmaid(f): 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
Painful as these killings maybe, it is a sign of the end-time. As for the amnesty thing, it will soon become a ministry with full portfilo of office. God bls Nigeria.
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by alienware(m): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
Wily/Wily:

It is not a horrible news, the news coming out from middle Belt is a normal thing. Middle Belters are Slave of Fulani/Hausa, and they must remain Slave forever, To them it is an Honour to be killed by Fulani or Hausa.
dis one don smoke dry cow dung ! So na normal thing to kill fellow human being ? Am from kogi, and non of those crap happen here.

2 Likes

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by 7842I: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Gowon, Danjuma, the chicken are coming home to roost.
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by alienware(m): 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
hishandmaid: Painful as these killings maybe, it is a sign of the end-time. As for the amnesty thing, it will soon become a ministry with full portfilo of office. God bls Nigeria.
end - time ? Another brainwashed man ! Everything, end time.
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by WilyWily6: 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
hishandmaid: Painful as these killings maybe, it is a sign of the end-time.
If you thought that the killing of some Slaves by their masters Fulani is a sign of end time you are making a very big mistake, me self Pop Champagne and dance Azonto music anytime i hear this kind of news.
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by alienware(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
Wily/Wily:

If you thought that the killing of some Slaves by their masters Fulani is a sign of end time you are making a very big mistake, me self Pop Champagne and dance Azonto music anytime i hear this kind of news.
slaves ? Who is he refering to as slaves ? So u pop champagne when you hear this kind of horrible news ? U must be a weirdo to think that some people should still be slave this century !
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by madridsta007(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
kaze4blues: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 in Plateau
09 Apr 2013
Font Size: a / A

Governor Jonah Jang

By Seriki Adinoyi

Renewed attacks in Zango village and Wase town, both in Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State, had by the last count Monday night claimed at least 25 persons.

It was gathered that a group of armed youths alleged to be Tarok attempted to ambush Wase town Monday afternoon but were repelled by the community’s youths and vigilante groups.

Speaking on the incident, a youth leader from Wase, Shafi'i Sambo, said: “Shortly after we completed Zuhur prayers we heard gunshots being fired into our community and everybody started running, but we were able to chase the militants across Zango and burnt their camps around the area.”

Sambo explained further: “Five of our youths are dead and we brought back their corpses while I saw about 20 corpses that did not belong to us and must be the Tarok's.

He said about seven of his kinsmen were rushed to the Wase General Hospital for treatment.

Also, a member of a community development association from Yelwan Shendam, Abdullahi Danbaba, said he narrowly escaped the attack while on his way to Yelwa.

A Tarok traditional ruler, Ponzhi Kumbwang of Wase LGA, Jessey Pyenkwam, who spoke to newsmen on the phone said that he had been informed that much of the Zango settlement have been razed. He expressed bitterness over the crisis.

He said: “It is sad that this crisis has taken this turn. It is even more sad that it is being seen as a Tarok-Fulani confrontation because both communities need each other.”

Spokesman of the Special Task Force (STF), Salisu Mustapha confirmed last night that there had been attacks around Wase but did not know the casualties recorded.

Mustapha said: “There were disturbances on the outskirts of Wase but I have no report on the casualties,” adding that the disturbances have been brought under control.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/renewed-attacks-claim-25-in-plateau/144422/

Crisis here, crisis there.
May god save us in this shit hole called naija

Yakubu Gowon... Weldone.
Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by spywareczar(m): 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
When will this madness stop??

Re: Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau by Valto(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
shedding blood no de tire these people..nawaoo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Nigerian Wishes They Were Ghanaian / Fuel Not Scarce, Don't Panic Buying - NNPC Tells Nigerians (October 14th) / Bayelsa Violence: Police Extend Curfew Until Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.