Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Are We Myopic In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Myopic In Nigeria (723 Views)

Nigeria Youths And Their Myopic Mentality : The Case Of Biafra And Seun Osewa / "I Renounced My Nigerian Nationality Because Of Buhari's Myopic Ideology" / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Myopic, Ignorant – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Myopic In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2013
Are we myopic in nigeria, I just observed that we are focusing on the amnesty issue to/for boko haram, while the nigerian 2013 budget has not been implemented, using one thing as a smoke screen to blame for poor implementation (just like the chairman of thisday newspapers- boko haram is responsible for none payment of staff salaries), my point these boys are terrorist no amnesty should be granted to them *F.G!!!!*, implement the 2013 budget and check corruption, I am sick of this nonsense happening in this country amongst the supposed leaders, me I don't know about you!
Re: Are We Myopic In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
Day 120 - I am still waiting to hear, that the budget which has been passed into law and assented to by the president, is being radically implemented with a target of about 50% within a couple of days, *see me dreaming aloud* we are about to reach the end of the first half of the year O!
I see brazen corruption and outright looting of the 2013 budget when the capital is released -that is if its released, if this dangerous trend, continues..
If they want the budget to be implemented to at least 28%, this is the time the National assembly, needs to and should impeach this useless, clueless nepotic persona!
To make matters worst they are taking our attention, nigerian's *attention* off this, and they are talking about amnesty for Boko-Haram members, with the inauguration of a committee to talk with people that are not interested in talking *faceless people* - O nigeria
Re: Are We Myopic In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
Its now about GEJonathan, and the baga crisis, now the military are being blamed woe betide the devils in this country- so also mixed with LG polls in Edo state which has pasted, scrapping of JAMB and NECO- hmm - The BUDGET- has been passed, but still is not being implemented by the executive, because GEJ wants his supplementary passed first *wicked person*- I guess, we that have to pay salaries, are being the worst hit, we don't produce consumer goods (FMCG), real estate business is being affected the manufacturing industries is shrinking, the capital market is only being held together as a result of *FDI*, inflation is reducing but businesses are closing, again salaries are being paid to those in government employ, corruption is sustained there, while those in the private sector/practice(s) the standards are being raised, the bar/targets are more salient but they are higher.
Re: Are We Myopic In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 2:01pm On May 03, 2013
i am still waiting to see if the budget would ever be published this year
Re: Are We Myopic In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 10:43am On May 25, 2013
Finally N200b capital expenditure vote, has been released to govt agencies and parastals, the challenge now is that the directors, and leagues of directors have now positioned themselves to execute all the contracts, departments nd agencies are clling for people to pay between N10,000-N20,000 for bid documents making it another avenue to rke in money for the agencies are these funds going to the FG pockets or is it just for the boyz as usual, the amount sometimes recuperated from these ventures sometimes is sufficient to execute the said contracts that they are putting out for bidding.
We await fair play in the system/structure of governance but those civil servants are just terrible
Re: Are We Myopic In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 5:42pm On May 27, 2013
Finally people are begining to talk about the deceitful release of N200b the capital vote for expenditure by the federal government. Let's move away from the sham and scam, we find ourselves in, and pray never to be ruled by such a clueless administration again.
mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/opinion/sitting-on-the-2013-federal-capital-budget/
Re: Are We Myopic In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
As we speak ministries and departments don't have letter heading papers to write letters to prospecting support organisations, in the first quarter N217b was claimed to be released by the federal government, but it was all stolen/embezzled/looted by this clueless government, consequently in the second quarter, I was already rejoicing other then finding out, that the capital vote of N200b released some days ago has been fully spent on sure-P and other government frivolities * though they claim the money is coming from the excess on the subsidy we pay and the budget did not capture this, but what the budget captured has not been spent - (in lay mans terms, you pour water in a cup it gets full and you continue to pour without drinking, until the content spills everywhere you then tell others to come and tongue lick the liquor pouring while you fail to drink what is in the cup) GEJ / NOI spend the proposed 2013 The budget or impeachment proceeding must be immediately put into action so we can remove this clueless man.

(1) (Reply)

Bokoharam Rejects Proposed Amnesty Package / What We Want To Achieve With Radio Biafra — Nnamdi Kanu / The Emergence Of Militant Group In D South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.