Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Too Good For God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Too Good For God? (852 Views)

Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? / Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian / Trinitarian Disrespect For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
02/06/2010

TOO GOOD FOR GOD?

Sometimes ago I went out preaching and met a guy who told me, you are too good for what you are doing, you are talented and good looking, you should be doing something better with your life. This thought remained in me for so long even till now that I am typing this, and since then I have been reflecting on every word he said to me.
Can man really be too good for God, or can he really be too good to serve Him and do His will?

Man has grown to the extent that he feels he is too good or too talented to waste his life on things that doesn’t really work for his selfish ambition and personal gratification; many of us see ourselves as too handsome/beautiful or young to waste our lives living for God while we have so much ahead of them.

As I meditate on these things, I kept on asking myself why man should hold on to such evil thoughts and in effect live his life accordingly. Then I came to the realization that when man really knows God, why he was created and why he should live for Him, he would have a rethink and live anew and afresh for God. As I continue I will want us to look briefly at these three questions so we can appreciate God and the need to live for Him if we are not doing so presently, or as we ought.

WHO IS GOD? This is not an attempt to define God but to describe Him as He had revealed Himself over the years, because no man can actually do that. From the bible we know that God is the creator of heaven and earth, the self existing one, the king of the universe, reigning from eternity to eternity and the creator of all things including man. If you and I know that we can’t create anything and give life to it, in fact we are created and given life to by God, then we have to worship him. We have a beginning and an end but God do not, He is all powerful and does whatever He pleases without anyone questioning Him, He kills and make alive, He can do a thing or abstain from doing and still remain God, so we can see that we don’t have a choice than to revere Him with our lives.

WHY AM I CREATED? The bible helps us to understand that God did not have to create man neither was He compelled to create, but chose to create man for love and for fellowship, not that God was deprived of love and fellowship for there was perfect love and fellowship among the Godhead, but He chose to create man and extend His love and fellowship to him, and to also make him like Himself. From the bible we know God is the king of the universe ruling and having dominion over all, so also He created man on earth in His image and likeness to rule have dominion and subdue the earth. You and I need to serve with our lives by living the lives He had called us to live and also by loving Him, to love Him is to fulfill His commandments, fellowshipping with Him in our prayer life and also through our actions, and finally rule, dominate and subdue by living in faith in Him, as the bible says “and the just shall live by his faith” by what he believes.

WHY SHOULD I LIVE FOR GOD? The bible says when man sinned, he was separated from God and eternally doomed for HELL, but because God loves us so much He sent His one and only begotten son into the world to die so that man will not perish if he believes in Him but have eternal life. To believe in the son of God and what he had come to do for the world, you have to start living for Him because it is how you live that actually portray your profession. The bible enjoins us that because Christ died and we have been bought with a price, he that live should no longer live for himself but for Christ who loves him and gave Himself for him (2 Corinthians 5: 15).

So brethren when we consider all this we will discover that there is no way we can be too good for God no matter how we feel, in fact we are indebted to Him, we should surrender all that concerns us to Him and all our good qualities should only be a compliment as we live our lives for Him, live the life He had called us to live and live purposefully.

Endtime Revival Ministry

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Too Good For God? by tpia5: 5:59am On Apr 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T: 02/06/2010

TOO GOOD FOR GOD?

Sometimes ago I went out preaching and met a guy who told me, you are too good for what you are doing, you are talented and good looking, you should be doing something better with your life. This thought remained in me for so long even till now that I am typing this, and since then I have been reflecting on every word he said to me.

Unless the guy was referring to getting a job and possibly an education, then he was in error.

If he was referring to anything else besides those, particularly in the area of entertainment, then i doubt his words should be reflected on.
Re: Too Good For God? by Yooguyz: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2013
the boy is shallow-minded
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 1:20pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote
author=tpia@]

Unless the guy was referring to getting a job and possibly an education,
then he was in error.

If he was referring to anything else besides those, particularly in the
area of entertainment, then i doubt his words should be reflected
on.[/quote]

The guy only met me once and don't know me enough to have meant any other thing than, i should not have been doing that and its just a waste of life.
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 1:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yooguyz: the boy is shallow-minded

Obviously
Re: Too Good For God? by mygirrl: 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Obviously

The world now believes that if you are beautiful as a woman the only way ur beauty can be appreciated is if you show off your body and maximise ur "looks" to the fullest. For men you have to carry all the women in the world if not you have not started
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 2:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote
author=mygirrl]

The world now believes that if you are beautiful as a woman the only way
ur beauty can be appreciated is if you show off your body and maximise
ur "looks" to the fullest. For men you have to carry all the women in
the world if not you have not started[/quote]

Truly said my sis, this is the reason we true believers need to rise from our slumber and set the pace for the world and not the other way round.
Re: Too Good For God? by tpia5: 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The guy only met me once and don't know me enough to have meant any other thing than, i should not have been doing that and its just a waste of life.

Since you mentioned he specifically stated "talent" and "good looking", i assume he was trying to recruit you into the entertainment ie showbiz world.

My advice to anyone in such a situation where they are waylaid by strangers telling them they are wasting their time serving God, is instead of feeling flattered and pondering on such meaningless chatter, face your studies and build a more solid foundation.

Of course the choice belongs to the person being so stalked. Just giving my own opinion which isnt set in stone.
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
tpia@:

Since you mentioned he specifically stated "talent" and "good looking", i assume he was trying to recruit you into the entertainment ie showbiz world.

My advice to anyone in such a situation where they are waylaid by strangers telling them they are wasting their time serving God, is instead of feeling flattered and pondering on such meaningless chatter, face your studies and build a more solid foundation.

Of course the choice belongs to the person being so stalked. Just giving my own opinion which isnt set in stone.

Don't really get what you are saying, but being flattered by such statement is far from it for i am been doing this for quite a while now and i am not a student. Why i even considered and give a thought about what he said was because one, his attitude feeling man can be too good for God and two, he is not the first person i have met with such attitude.
Re: Too Good For God? by tpia5: 2:26am On Apr 11, 2013
well, its really up to you or whoever, at the end of the day.

if someone wants to admire themselves, or package their "talent" and "good looks" for what will bring in cash, its not necessarily a crime.

here are others with similar quandaries:

World's Most Handsome Guy

https://www.nairaland.com/1238726/worlds-most-handsome-guy

People Keep Calling Me Handsome Guy. Am I Really Handsome?

https://www.nairaland.com/1252725/people-keep-calling-me-handsome

Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1253254/sometimes-wish-ugly-man-stop#15178719
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
tpia@:

if someone wants to admire themselves, or package their "talent" and "good looks" for what will bring in cash, its not necessarily a crime.

undecided
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
tpia@:

This is not about me for crying out loud shocked
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 10:32am On May 20, 2013
This world and all its lust passes away, but he that does the will of the Lord abides forever!
Re: Too Good For God? by Kay17: 10:54am On May 20, 2013
Wait. . .

God punishes us for simply staying away from him?
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 11:18am On May 20, 2013
[quote
author=Kay 17]Wait. . .

God punishes us for simply staying away from him?[/quote]

God do not punish us for staying away from Him, but rather we receive just
recompense for our choices. Like I said in a post sometimes ago that Hell or
punishment was not created for man but for the devil and his cohorts,
but as a result of his choice to follow the devil he end up being
punished.

Man, there is a difference verse between punishment and consequences, all this
is a setting and God will not alter what He had done. Though God created all things
good prior to the fall, but it happened that the fall brought about the
consequences.
Re: Too Good For God? by AtheistD(m): 11:20am On May 20, 2013
The man was 100% right. His expression was wrong however, but he was right.
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2013
Atheist:-D:
The man was 100% right. His expression was wrong however, but he was right.

I am not laying emphasis on his expression, what I am establishing is the fact that when we understand the concept of consequences then we will understand God better.
Re: Too Good For God? by truthman2012(m): 2:36pm On May 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T: 02/06/2010

TOO GOOD FOR GOD?

Can man really be too good for God, or can he really be too good to serve Him and do His will?

Man has grown to the extent that he feels he is too good or too talented to waste his life on things that doesn’t really work for his selfish ambition and personal gratification; many of us see ourselves as too handsome/beautiful or young to waste our lives living for God while we have so much ahead of them.

As I meditate on these things, I kept on asking myself why man should hold on to such evil thoughts and in effect live his life accordingly. Then I came to the realization that when man really knows God, why he was created and why he should live for Him, he would have a rethink and live anew and afresh for God. As I continue I will want us to look briefly at these three questions so we can appreciate God and the need to live for Him if we are not doing so presently, or as we ought.

WHO IS GOD? This is not an attempt to define God but to describe Him as He had revealed Himself over the years, because no man can actually do that. From the bible we know that God is the creator of heaven and earth, the self existing one, the king of the universe, reigning from eternity to eternity and the creator of all things including man. If you and I know that we can’t create anything and give life to it, in fact we are created and given life to by God, then we have to worship him. We have a beginning and an end but God do not, He is all powerful and does whatever He pleases without anyone questioning Him, He kills and make alive, He can do a thing or abstain from doing and still remain God, so we can see that we don’t have a choice than to revere Him with our lives.

WHY AM I CREATED? The bible helps us to understand that God did not have to create man neither was He compelled to create, but chose to create man for love and for fellowship, not that God was deprived of love and fellowship for there was perfect love and fellowship among the Godhead, but He chose to create man and extend His love and fellowship to him, and to also make him like Himself. From the bible we know God is the king of the universe ruling and having dominion over all, so also He created man on earth in His image and likeness to rule have dominion and subdue the earth. You and I need to serve with our lives by living the lives He had called us to live and also by loving Him, to love Him is to fulfill His commandments, fellowshipping with Him in our prayer life and also through our actions, and finally rule, dominate and subdue by living in faith in Him, as the bible says “and the just shall live by his faith” by what he believes.

WHY SHOULD I LIVE FOR GOD? The bible says when man sinned, he was separated from God and eternally doomed for HELL, but because God loves us so much He sent His one and only begotten son into the world to die so that man will not perish if he believes in Him but have eternal life. To believe in the son of God and what he had come to do for the world, you have to start living for Him because it is how you live that actually portray your profession. The bible enjoins us that because Christ died and we have been bought with a price, he that live should no longer live for himself but for Christ who loves him and gave Himself for him (2 Corinthians 5: 15).

So brethren when we consider all this we will discover that there is no way we can be too good for God no matter how we feel, in fact we are indebted to Him, we should surrender all that concerns us to Him and all our good qualities should only be a compliment as we live our lives for Him, live the life He had called us to live and live purposefully.

Endtime Revival Ministry

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

Many thanks for the message. More annointing in Jesus name.

I get so happy when I see young people doing what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Too Good For God? by AtheistD(m): 3:02pm On May 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I am laying emphasis on his expression, what I am establishing is the fact that when we understand the concept of consequences then we will understand God better.

What I mean is, you dont need to be a paastor. There are many about. Why not serve God in some other means and use your qualities to chase a profession. Why must you be a pastor? You can still work in Gods ministry without being a pastor. There are loads of churches to choose from. Take your pick. Work as a member of the church and put in good time. Do evangelism whenever there is a need for it etc. Just dont be a pastor and start your own church.
Re: Too Good For God? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 20, 2013
Good article, Pastor Olu T.

Erm, I would have said the same thing to you. God is a colossal waste of time unless you are receiving tithes in his name.
Re: Too Good For God? by AtheistD(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2013
Logicboy03: Good article, Pastor Olu T.

Erm, I would have said the same thing to you. God is a colossal waste of time unless you are receiving tithes in his name.

I bet he is grin
Re: Too Good For God? by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 20, 2013

I bet he is grin

grin grin
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2013
truthman2012:

Many thanks for the message. More annointing in Jesus name.

I get so happy when I see young people doing what you are doing.

Thank you sir and God bless
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 8:21pm On May 20, 2013

What I mean is, you dont need to be a paastor. There are many about. Why not serve God in some other means and use your qualities to chase a profession. Why must you be a pastor? You can still work in Gods ministry without being a pastor. There are loads of churches to choose from. Take your pick. Work as a member of the church and put in good time. Do evangelism whenever there is a need for it etc. Just dont be a pastor and start your own church.

I am not a pastor but an evangelist and don't own a church, but if God had called me to be one i would not hesitate though there are many pastor around. But why do you say i should not be one i will like to know? undecided
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 8:23pm On May 20, 2013
Logicboy03: Good article, Pastor Olu T.

Thanks for your compliment anyways, but for you to know i don't collect tithe and don't believe in tithing because it's not for this dispensation.
Re: Too Good For God? by AtheistD(m): 8:38pm On May 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I am not a pastor but an evangelist and don't own a church, but if God had called me to be one i would not hesitate though there are many pastor around. But why do you say i should not be one i will like to know? undecided

Arent there enough around. Do we need more? There are almost as many pastors as there are Christians. The market is saturated tongue
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 9:10pm On May 20, 2013

Arent there enough around. Do we need more? There are almost as many pastors as there are Christians. The market is saturated tongue

lol, but we all know many are wolf in sheep clothing, even you that is not a christian knows that. shocked

God is seeking for true shepherds that will truly care for the sheep, declare His counsels on earth and shine the light to the uttermost part of the earth.
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
What do u have that its not given to u, and if it is why do u boast?
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 2:55am On Aug 18, 2013
mygirrl:

The world now believes that if you are beautiful as a woman the only way ur beauty can be appreciated is if you show off your body and maximise ur "looks" to the fullest. For men you have to carry all the women in the world if not you have not started

Hmm
Re: Too Good For God? by SalC: 3:25am On Aug 18, 2013

Which market? We need more laborers in God's vineyard.

You may think we have much, but I dare to say many are wolves in sheep's garments. We need those who are truly there for God.

1 Like

Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 3:31am On Aug 18, 2013
Sal C: Which market? We need more laborers in God's vineyard.

You may think we have much, but I dare to say many are wolves in sheep's garments. We need those who are truly there for God.

Truly said bro
Re: Too Good For God? by PastorOluT(m): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2013
mygirrl:

(1) (Reply)

Praise And Prayer Which One Is More Powerful? / Atheism Has Denominations / Religion Is A Gigantic Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.