Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? (3073 Views)

I Am Looking For Airtime-topup API In Nigeria / E-topup.com.ng Just Closed My Account For His Own Bad Customer Service. / New Website Topup Genie Lets You Recharge Your Phone's Airtime Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by sportfeva(m): 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
My story began in Nairaland. I came to know the above website through Nairaland advert. I clicked to get more information about their services and i discovered they have the one i demand(web hosting). Before i took the decision to host with them, i called their customer care and they assured me of quality services.
I hosted my domain with them and they charge monthly(though strange) and i put money into my account for making payment coupled with other services. I also helped a friend register a domain name and to host but i run into problem with their site which i made a complaint through their contact last week with no reply till now.

The problem is that,i just started hosting last month and preparing content and other stuffs when i discovered in the last week of my first experience of first month of hosting with them that my account was showing "Account Suspended" when it hasn't expired. I called their customer care last week Thursday and a male voice picked it and said i should text him my website address. I found this unprofessional because does that mean they don't monitor the website they host? I text him and i got no reply since then up till this time posting this. I used their website contact last week too but no reply.

I have been calling this company since last week(Thursday) but they don't pick but rather disengage my calls intentionally. I text them yesterday but no reply as well. Is this their customer service? The company is acting like a SCAMMER and FRAUDSTER because that's how they behave. Once they achieve their means, they disassociate themselves with you. They shouldn't be acting like this to a member(customer) like me who have almost #5000 in their account. I told them i need urgent explanation and i have deadline for the websites to be running. But no REPLY.

I can't imagine if such website already have content and pulling traffic already,can't imagine the BIG loss of suddenly crashing out of space. I am posting this so that people will know the kind services this company
which advertise its services on Nairaland does and is putting a shame and distrust to other Nigeria web hosting. Before i started, someone advice me on using Hostgator but i consider patronising Nigeria and for their easy payment.

I can't blame Nairaland on this but they should watch out for companies like this who stand to earn the name as SCAMMERS OR FRAUDSTER. Please fellow Nairalanders, all i want is your advice because i have money in their account and i need a refund and the domain registered details because i am no more dealing with them. I registered my domain with a foreign firm and i have never had one single problem with them. I got a job from a client who wanted a blog for his properties business and this American company was the one i used to register the domain name and they assisted me in hosting it at Blogger.com. I did all this within 7 hours through email communication with them. Imagine that! These are better and genuine company. I have been doing this work for awhile now but the moment i involve a Nigeria firm, they destabilize my goal. I have personally lost faith in any Nigeria web hosting or internet company. I am really sad over this, i just need your advice and assistance. Thank you as i welcome your comment.

Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by mcfranc(m): 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
Oya, e-top, bail yourself....
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by rfams: 12:53am On Apr 10, 2013
U don fall for dem real hard. Don't be discouraged in using any nigeria IT firms. Not every mango in the tree is bad. Be patients, as for this E-top of a people, I hope they get their head straight, if they don't have the man power to continue managing such services, they should close down and refund cash to the members.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 10, 2013
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by DualCore1: 7:00am On Apr 10, 2013
I don't see the effectiveness of that photo and the explanation given.

BTW: Receptions don't look like that so that photo you have posted can be counter-productive.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by sportfeva(m): 7:37am On Apr 10, 2013
@Activeman: Well I accept your apology but must i come to Nairaland before you can take me serious? The deed is already done. From my complaint, I called but you drop my calls, I text, with no simple reply and finally, i use your company contact because that's what you always recommend me to use whenever I have a problem, but no reply. All since last week except the text messages i sent yesterday. All these acts are not a good acts of a firm but evil or bad intended doers. If I didn't come to Nairaland now or no opportunity of such, i am sure this act of yours blanking me out will still have persisted until the person give up and accept your evil and wrongful act in due faith. That's how evil people or scammers behave. Your firm acted it and you earn it(name) and this have soil my heart so so much.

All I just wanted then is just explanation like this IVR thing or whatever claim but you blanked me out. Your customer care phone ring and I use to call so many times like up to 50 times in day without no one picking.

Well Activeman, from the complaint I posted, you can get all i really want.
1) I want my remaining money in my account refunded.
2) I want the domain name registration details i registered so that I have full authority to it. That's all and simple.
Do this for me.
---------------------------------------------------
@Mcfranc and Dual core: I highly your contribution. @Rfams: I appreciate your comment and i will have to reconsider any Nigeria IT 100 times before venturing. Thanks. #Am not discouraged
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 10, 2013
We are patiently waiting.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by sportfeva(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2013
Brand_new: We are patiently waiting.
Thanks
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2013
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by sportfeva(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2013
I received a call this morning not too long from this time from E-top up personnel named Mayowa. He apologise for their lapses and we discuss lengthy and the decision we agreed is that he will refund the money in my account after removing the charges for domain registered and will assist me with the hosting settings which i am doing elsewhere.
All I need is to follow the procedure he laid down for me in getting my refund back which I am going to do today.

Thank so much everyone.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
@ActiveMan, if you are the owner of this scamming hosting company, I can only say that you should be ashamed of your responses here. You wanted to sound professional and corporate, but u actually sounded like a fo*l. This is how desperate Nigerians like u are going about defrauding unsuspecting clients in the name of offering a web design or hosting services to them. Just look at urself. Just go thru ur first comment and the complaint of the OP. His complaint is sure true because u didnt refute it. That means u deliberately wanted to tell this guy that he's wrong by hosting with ur so called web hosting (re-seller) company.

@OP, just try and get a gtb mastercard and use it to pay for web hosting abroad. I will never use all these shabby web hosting companies in Nigeria and Africa. I have been using siteground.com. Just try them and see what customer care means. Someone is always ready to chat with u even at 12midnight.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by sportfeva(m): 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Thanks for the contribution GraphicsPlus. I will investigate the website and apply for GtBank mastercard. Highly appreciate.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
u think a scammer is those yahoo yahoo boys u used to see their spam mails?
When a company fails to deliver its claimed services, did not talk to their clients and deliberately turning down the clients calls, i wonder what u will call that.

When he called and someone told him to send his web address, what happened after he sent it?
U said u cannot give a 100% response why his hosting was suspended. Just listen to urself. Are u a stranger to the company or ar u nt aware of any problem that could hav amounted in a client's account been suspended? Even if Seun is hosting with u, what does that mean? Does that make u credible? Ur credibility has just been tested by the OP. And if he follow ur sugar-coated tongue to keep hosting with ur reseller company, then he should slap himself seven times.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by Slyr0x: 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
GraphicsPlus

I see no reason for the name-callings. .

Please, kindly desist from provocative posts like the ones above. .

Thanks
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by sportfeva(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2013
After following the procedures for refund yesterday, they sent me a message same yesterday that I will get my refund today. Hope they keep to their words.
Thank y'all.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by sportfeva(m): 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Mr Mayowa has finally refund me. @Activeman: I hope that's Mr Mayowa, Kindly don't forget about the assistance on hosting. I will contact your firm when ready hopefully next week.
Thanks so far.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by oswardic(m): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mr ActiveMan

Could you please respond to me? I don't know whats wrong with your company. Its just too bad.. I have been using your service for almost a year now without issues till recently when you placed an embargo that I verify my account. I have sent all requested details but yet to receive a single reply to my email. This is not fair and moreover, your number isnt going through as well.. I need an urgent response to my claim tonight. Thank You

Osward
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by databoy247(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
ActiveMan:

Hello sir,
We do not run a ONE MAN BUSINESS, the time i replied to the tread was 1:27am as at this time i have limited access to information because i was not in the office, we are not deliberating turning down all calls for any of our client, it was because of the installation of the IVR SYSTEM which did not work as programmed, we have switch back to normal phone call support and it has been working perfectly has before.

We have also given a detailed explanation to the client here in question and he was happy with the response even when will did not give this as fast has he expect to get it and have apologies for that.

Mind you, we are not a reseller hosting company get that fact now i will not argue anymore because a wise man told me you don't need to argue with fools, Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who.

Dude, put your house together cos the negative reports and complaints are getting too much. This can collapse your business. Almost everyone complains that you dont answer phone calls. That aint nice. Just advising though cool

http://www./f40/please-nigerians-beware-e-topup-com-ng-scam-dont-fall-their-bait-167933-print/
https://www.nairaland.com/1325580/e-topup.com.ng-scam
https://www.nairaland.com/1340400/e-topup-guy-go-respond-customersnow#16507948
https://www.nairaland.com/777688/how-fund-perfect-money-ecurrency#16258159
https://www.nairaland.com/1041106/e-topup.com.ng-mobile-apps-facebook-app#15689371
https://www.nairaland.com/939412/review-e-topup.com.ng#14664211
punditt: e-topup.com.ng is a scam I bought N500 airtel card they deduct N1000. On another occasion I sent 50 units of SMS they billed me 200 units
https://www.nairaland.com/939412/review-e-topup.com.ng#14664211

miracle4: their registration process is so complicated.

I have joined once to make an order for about 10k bulk sms credit so I can do a campaign for one Councillor in bonny without success.

recently after receiving a call from them I went back again .... same issue

no so call activation code after registration
https://www.nairaland.com/1242635/what-it-e-topup.com.ng
I have to opt for 141sms
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 04, 2013
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by oswardic(m): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2013
ActiveMan: @databoy247 you self they talk? i mean even you pls cover your face, thanks for your advise sad sad angry

90% of the issue reported are from our darling impatient client, they took to forum just to report a case that can be treated with patient, some of them are also fraudulent customers looking for a way to FRAUD because we sell DIGITAL PRODUCT.

[s]SOME WILL ASK KIDNAPPING OR SCAM VICTIM TO PAY INTO OUR ACCOUNT AND THEY WILL TRY TO CASH THE MONEY OUT WITH LIBERTY RESERVE.[/s]

you can try search " google is a scam ", I am not in anyway compering our company with google or any other company, in as much as the complain are from our members, we accept all responsibility and render our unreserved apology for any trouble they have faced,
This is extremely embarrassing for you to have referred to your customers as an impatient, that isn't sounding good at all.

Personally, after receiving the notice that I need to verify my account, I sent every necessary details for FOUR days now, there was no response till just yesterday evening and you refer to us as impatient? If we were able to get across through the phone, there wouldn't be any reason disturbing one-selves.

How would you feel, doing a business with someone that you have no way of communicating with them, not through phone and the only option is email which they refused to respond to? You need to watch every word you say as a professional as not to lose customers and reputation.

I would implore that you give out a working phone number as to make it easier for your darling impatient clients to be patient afterward.

Lest I forget, a fraudulent clients as you referred us to be wouldn't send in their details if they were. I need a response to my email as soonest.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by oswardic(m): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2013
Issues has been resolved
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by tempest01(m): 1:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
etopup people...-i made a #950 deposit wit my atm, and suprisingly, my account was not funded. i sent a mail but no reply. had to fund my perfect money instantly...tempestblaze
tempestblaze@gmail.com
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by databoy247(m): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2013
tempest01: etopup people...-i made a #950 deposit wit my atm, and suprisingly, my account was not funded. i sent a mail but no reply. had to fund my perfect money instantly...tempestblaze
tempestblaze@gmail.com

If you did not see the deposit, then it means its an interswitch error. They have not gotten your deposit and if that be the case there will be a reverse transaction (refund) to your account soonest.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by tempest01(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
its been like 2 weeks or more
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by SanniOE(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
E-topup.com.ng don't always reply to e-mails. What they is to assign a request number to the e-mail and forget about it.

Personally, I think they are fraud based on my experience with them which is as follows:

I purchased two 200 Naira MTN Vouchers from www.e-topup.com.ng on the 8/10/2013. But when I recharged my phone with the Pins they sent to my e-mail, both cards happened to be 100 Naira each instead of #200 each. I sent 2 e-mails to complain about my experience & the first e-mail was assigned request #2113 while the 2nd was not replied. Up the this very moment nothing has been done to retify the issue. I post the complain on their Facebook wall on the 13/10/2013 and it was romoved by thier admin without addressing the issue raised.
Find below the cards details:

Card One:
Card Pins is 0806-4190-9544
Order Date : 08/10/2013 09:45:26
Transaction ref : 548515
Amount Charged : 200 Naira

Card Two:
Card Pins is 9226-0071-3780
Order Date : 08/10/2013 09:49:52
Transaction ref : 293133
Amount Charged : 200 Naira.

So, if they are not fraudstars, why will they remove my post from their FB wall? I know the amount involve is little but HONESTY in Business is a Virtue!
E-topup.com.ng Username: Eazycool.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by yusufforbet(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
please beware of http://e-topup.com.ng they are thieves dont fall a victim of putting your money on their site, once you do that their will never give you what you order for or your money they just scam me of 50,400naira while am trying to buy perfect money from their site they never reply my message till now
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by adewasco2k(m): 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
bad for biz
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by DualCore1: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
Its still not clear how you people get 'scammed' by e-topup.com.ng. While I am not really keen on contributing to issues regarding this very as its representative on this board has issues with dealing with the truth, I have purchased perfect money vouchers on 3 different occasions, successfully and automated.
Re: My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? by yusufforbet(m): 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
@dual core, i have bought from 200$ e vouchers from them already, and now am trying to get another one, since then i have not been able to get it on their site anymore,i travelled to ibadan to visit their office but i was a fake address on the site, i dont know what to do please, can someone please advise me or help me out, now ASUU has resume i need to pay my school fee, am in big issue

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose The Best Bulk Sms Provider In Nigeria / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) / Joomla Components For School Eportal System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.