Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Effect Of Bad Flowmeter On Injector I4 Engines - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Effect Of Bad Flowmeter On Injector I4 Engines (715 Views)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? / Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effect Of Bad Flowmeter On Injector I4 Engines by shepherdO: 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Pls Gurus in d house, my wife's car suddenly refuses 2 accelerate n even 2 climb som hills bcoms difficult thus making it frustrating. My mecho says I need an injector service bt A frnd says its a faulty flowmeter and its irrepairable. He hwevr suggests we convert 2 a Caburretor, Pls hw realistic n safe.
Re: Effect Of Bad Flowmeter On Injector I4 Engines by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2013
^^^ Please make things easier, by stating the make and model of your car.

Model year, engine size and transmission type would help too.

Regardless of the make and model of your car, please don't get talked into converting your refined fuel injection system for a rough, unrefined and thirsty carburetor-fed system. You'll create more problems than you'll solve.
Re: Effect Of Bad Flowmeter On Injector I4 Engines by shepherdO: 9:07am On Apr 10, 2013
Oga mi sir, its a GOLF3, 2.0 ENGINE, 1994 MAKE, GL, AUTO TRANSMISSN, Sir, I earnestly n eagerly w8 4 Ur technical advice. DALU!
Re: Effect Of Bad Flowmeter On Injector I4 Engines by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 10, 2013
shepherdO: Oga mi sir, its a GOLF3, 2.0 ENGINE, 1994 MAKE, GL, AUTO TRANSMISSN, Sir, I earnestly n eagerly w8 4 Ur technical advice. DALU!

My advice is to leave the engine alone, and if the AFM is bad, get it replaced. Has the system been scanned for fault codes?

And another point - if it's a VW Golf III, a GL won't have a 2,0 engine. The GL was available with 1,6 and 1,8 engines. The 2,0 was reserved for the GTI, in both 8 and 16V guise.

(1) (Reply)

Your Idle Car As An Investmemt; Earn 18k/wk / Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007. / Hidden Benefits Of Wheel Rotation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.