Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali (14799 Views)

42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by nduchucks: 12:50am On Apr 10, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e

A camel presented to the French president as a gift has been killed and made into a stew.

The baby camel was given as a present to Francois Hollande in February by the government of Mali, a former French West African colony.

The animal was a token of gratitude for the French military helping fight Islamic terrorists.

Mr Hollande initially intended to have the camel vaccinated and transferred to a French zoo, according to The Telegraph.

But the complexity of the move coupled with "the rigours of the harsh French climate for a desert animal," led to the decision to leave the camel in the care of a family in Timbuktu.

Unfortunately the family killed and ate it. grin

France's defence minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said the family used the camel in a traditional tagine.

Apparently camel meat is very tender. cheesy

The Guardian reported Mali will give Hollande another camel, with a local government official in the country's north saying a replacement would be sent to France.

France bombs 20 sites in northern Mali
Timbuktu celebrates defeat of Islamic extremists
"As soon as we heard of this, we quickly replaced it with a bigger and better-looking camel," said the official, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

"The new camel will be sent to Paris. We are ashamed of what happened to the camel. It was a present that did not deserve this fate."

The first camel had proven a controversial gift, firstly when it misbehaved during the presentation ceremony.

Later a Timbuktu man claimed the camel had been stolen from him, after his house was destroyed in a French air raid.

Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by koruji(m): 1:47am On Apr 10, 2013
Camel palaver - didn't bother to read the story when I saw if online.
The joke is all in the title.
Africa my Africa!!!

ndu_chucks: www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e

1 Like

Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by mojounited(m): 3:46am On Apr 10, 2013
#No dulling... cheesy
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by gunuvi(m): 7:36am On Apr 10, 2013
Going by a yourba adage that "owo olowo ati owo eni, kolorun ma she fi kan won wa" which translates into - God should not deprive us both ones personal money or someone else money.
The family can't be dying of hunger and be staring at a delicious timely food all in the name of an official gift to a French president.
Kudos to the family jare.

8 Likes

Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by gunuvi(m): 7:38am On Apr 10, 2013
Going by a yourba adage that "owo olowo ati owo eni, kolorun ma she fi kan won wa" which translates into - God should not deprive us both ones personal money or someone else money.
The family can't be dying of hunger and be staring at a delicious timely food all in the name of an official gift to a French president.
Kudos to the family jare. In fact if you can get hold of the bigger replacement don't forget to volunteer again to help Mali govt in taking care of it.
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 10, 2013
As I chop this goat, u go call me black bushman??

2 Likes

Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by ektbear: 8:03am On Apr 10, 2013
Heh. Wasn't even aware that camel meat is tasty.
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by ochukoccna: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2013
ekt_bear: Heh. Wasn't even aware that camel meat is tasty.
Even if it wasn't before,it now is cheesy
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 10, 2013
ekt_bear: Heh. Wasn't even aware that camel meat is tasty.
very very tasty walahi! I once ate it back then in school in Zamfara State. The meat make sense die!
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by nduchucks: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2013
Oops!! I forgot to include the link to the story.
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by babseg(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
Why french airforce go bombed his house now, just because of this camel?

Na wao
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Bigsteveg(m): 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
If na me nko, hunger dey catch person camel dey waka up and down.....GOD bless Africa

1 Like

Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
I can't possibly laugh but its really funny oo
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Ekans: 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
These desert people no go kill person.
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by israel007: 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
Mtcgeeeeeew
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by RedLight1: 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
brotherlyn:

I don't subscribe to your ideaology.

If food na food, Africans can as well start feeding on rats since it is always available with ease.
food na food.. One man's food is another's poison... There are people that eat rats... I cnt eat cammel.. others can

2 Likes

Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by G50member(m): 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
Funny. "munchis" in Mali
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Scarpon(m): 12:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
chiover: As I chop this goat, u go call me black bushman??
omo see food how days man warn chop this one
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by adexsimply(m): 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
that awkward moment when u av to choose between pleasing ur stomach or pleasing the FRENCH president
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by naptu2: 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
I wonder what ever happened to the horse that the Emir of Kano gave to Margaret Thatcher in 1988 (she politely rejected the gift).
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Ignatio(m): 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
hahahahahahahahaha...

By the way camel meat is sweet. Ate it accidentally, as suya, when I was in the North.
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Annie2gud(f): 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Kudos to the family.to even think of it,the camel misbehaved Doing presentation ceremony.after all the ishi ewus and nkwobis wey una dey flex in the Night,might even Be ishi camel.

1 Like

Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by RiKKies: 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hmmmm, Camel meal.
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
urmmmm..ok and whoa
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by 50calibre(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
Camel? Fu*k no this is worst than eating horse
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by TableLeg(m): 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
Animals like that are meant to be munched!
Sorry Hollande
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by buklan4realyah(f): 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
CAMEL MEAT SWEET GAN OOOOOO.
na im Yoruba's call ' TINKO' grin grin

1 Like

Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
Just for some context, there is an old Malian saying, "It's okay to put a gift camel in the mouth"
I was confused the first time I heard it, but now I think I understand. grin
Re: French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali by Jerryjat(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
ayaaaaaa...... sorry en......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Jails Guatemalan Ex-President Otto Perez & His VP Roxana Baldetti / Czech President Impeached For State Pardon / I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.