Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April (7542 Views)

Nigeria Starts Evacuation Of Citizens From South Africa - Vanguard / Nigeria Starts Dismantling Its Plane 'graveyard' / Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Evestar200(f): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2013
At last! Aladja steel company go dy operate na
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Scarpon(m): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2013
gently we shall reach there
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by jamace(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2013
And our dear AJAOKUTA STEEL INDUSTRY is lying waste. Also, the completed METALLURGICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE, AJAOKUTA, is now occupied by weeds and reptiles.

What a wasted nation Nigeria is! angry sad
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2013
A welcome development. GEJ sure is working. No wonder he aint making noise in the media unlike others.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Afolabs101: 10:01am On Apr 10, 2013
This is commendable, however this company along with the majority of companies operating in the Nigerian primary and secondary steel industry is 99.9% foreign owned. These companies engage in over-invoicing to ensure money gets out of the country, through over-invoicing and other tactics. Also, transfer of knowledge is not a priority among the Indians and Chinese, who will bring in camp loads of of their people to do jobs Nigerians could be doing.

We need Nigerians to invest in our real sector! Imagine if Bankole or the Pensions guy or Ibori had invested a fraction of what they stole, maybe N5-N10billion in a steel plant. Even if Government confiscated it, it can be sold to other Nigerian investors undecided
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by cecegorz(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2013
virtuoso01: The same old mentality. Nigerians heard about a foreign company exploiting our steel and they are all happy. The question is not just about exporting our natural products but the real question should be when are we going to start using our abundant natural resources to be manufacturing products and then exporting those manufactured high quality products to countries all around the world?

That, my people should be the vision.

Let;s think deep about this.
Thanks for having a head on that shoulder.
People are all over here jumping about a foreign company exploiting our resources and exporting steel billets!
Please someone should tell me the difference between this African foundaries and Shell or Chevron.
Our economic emancipation can only start the moment we all collectively understand that exporting crude resources has no bearing on our common wealth.
We need to start refining our crude resources, whether oil or steel, turn them into finished products of high value, then export them and earn real value.
That, my friends is what we should be discussing!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2013
eduson33: nawa oo

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by blackjack123: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2013
i guess the indian own everything in naija.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by PAPAAFRICA: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2013
Its a foreign company but hey, you gotta start somewhere cool
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Nwogbe: 10:40am On Apr 10, 2013
what a joke!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by volaclinton: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2013
this is one step to stardom for Nigeria and for we citizens too[b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Lamasta(m): 11:08am On Apr 10, 2013
virtuoso01: The same old mentality. Nigerians heard about a foreign company exploiting our steel and they are all happy. The question is not just about exporting our natural products but the real question should be when are we going to start using our abundant natural resources to be manufacturing products and then exporting those manufactured high quality products to countries all around the world?

Our Steel has been lyeing fallow for so many years no indigenous companies or investors are ready to invest in it, and today a foreigner who see the bigger is investing in the Steel industry and instead of you to commend the development you are here saying trash.
At least jobs will be created, Nigeria will also become an exporter of Steel and also gradually our industries will begin to rise from the dead again if more investors both local and foreign invest in other sectors such as Textile, Minning etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Lamasta(m): 11:08am On Apr 10, 2013

Our Steel has been lyeing fallow for so many years no indigenous companies or investors are ready to invest in it, and today a foreigner who see the bigger picture is investing in the Steel industry and instead of you to commend the development you are here saying trash.
At least jobs will be created, Nigeria will also become an exporter of Steel and also gradually our industries will begin to rise from the dead again if more investors both local and foreign invest in other sectors such as Textile, Minning etc.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 10, 2013
Pretty nice
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by huptin(m): 11:17am On Apr 10, 2013
this is good news, diversify the damn economy and watch nigeria grow in leaps and bounds, over reliance on oyel breeds laziness and corruption.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2013
Did any1 notice how foreigners are now running our economy? Moribund govt companies are all running on full throttle when operated by foreign companies cos they know they are here for business. Its pathetic and a big shame dat we always destroy our own things only for foreigners to come here, buy up our properties, make dem work efficiently, and employ us to be their labour in our own land..... GOD help our nation.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Rossikk(m): 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
jamace: And our dear AJAOKUTA STEEL INDUSTRY is lying waste. Also, the completed METALLURGICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE, AJAOKUTA, is now occupied by weeds and reptiles.

You're a lying fool. Ajaokuta is seeing its greatest ever revival as we speak. Go and research before typing slanderous garbage.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Rossikk(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
wise_many2k: Did any1 notice how foreigners are now running our economy? Moribund govt companies are all running on full throttle when operated by foreign companies cos they know they are here for business. Its pathetic and a big shame dat we always destroy our own things only for foreigners to come here, buy up our properties, make dem work efficiently, and employ us to be their labour in our own land..... GOD help our nation.
Privately run enterprises are always more efficient than govt run ventures. If the best private companies around are foreign based, what do you expect us to do? It is up to people like you to establish credible indigenous private firms instead of moaning.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by phantom(m): 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2013

i agree but dont you think we should count one before we count two?even the oil and agriculture that are our mainstay are largely exported unrefined.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by RedReact: 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2013
Double post, I'm sorry.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by RedReact: 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2013
Rossikk: Privately run enterprises are always more efficient than govt run ventures. If the best private companies around are foreign based, what do you expect us to do? It is up to people like you to establish credible indigenous private firms instead of moaning.
Can our country run on capitalism?

To the topic, this development is a good one, but it would be good if it is doing by the indigenous privates, and not foreign ones cos the proceeds will have to go out of our country.
I am still expectant of that multi-billion dollar company called Ajaokuta. The good news will soon land, I believe.
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Greatken007(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
jamace: And our dear AJAOKUTA STEEL INDUSTRY is lying waste. Also, the completed METALLURGICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE, AJAOKUTA, is now occupied by weeds and reptiles.

MUST YOU ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE YOU DIDNT GO TO SCHOOL,WHEN UR MATES WERE IN SCHOOL U WERE BUSY PLAYING SHASHA,NO THE RESULT IS OBVIOUS
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by ajos(m): 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
Greatken007: MUST YOU ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE YOU DIDNT GO TO SCHOOL,WHEN UR MATES WERE IN SCHOOL U WERE BUSY PLAYING SHASHA,NO THE RESULT IS OBVIOUS
YOU THAT PASS THROUGH SCHOOL SEE YOUR GRAMMAR.....'''' NO THE RESULT IS OBVIOUS''''....meaning wat..?.''wetin u too dey do...e be lyk say na chalk u dey busy dey smoke....no wonder u tek red garri mix wit ganja before postin....eya sorry
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Metallurgist: 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
The development of african foundries is not due to gej for they hav been around since obj regime, and as a person who deals in scrap, i wonder how long could it take to comsume the scrap metals reserve we have and what will hapen then, for clearly the rate of consumption of scrap iron far exceed the rate at which useful metallic items turn scraps

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Dansy(f): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Nigeria is working
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
[size=18pt]Abi o!
As far as I understand it, foreign company is expoiting our natural resources to export steel, how exactly does that benefit Nigeria?
Maybe I am missing something here undecided[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by jpphilips(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
wesley80: ^ Privatization seems to be the way forward for Nigeria but I'll hesitate to tag it the "panacea" for our industrial problems.

you have time for that nitwit, ask him who are the individuals behind the so called "private sector"??
who are taking over govt infrastructures
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by jpphilips(m): 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dansy: Nigeria is working

"Scrotal sac" only if you think out of the box
Re: Nigeria Starts Exportation Of Steel In April by asala1: 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
Very misleading post. The topic should be 'nigeria exports recycled steel in april'. I only know of SA and egypt that produces steel in africa. All these recycle steels are produced from scraps of imported steels. There many of these recycled steel plants in this country and most of them are producing sub-standard steels.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Owolabo Adelami: Aboola's Defection Not A Threat To APC In Ondo / Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election / Minimum Wage: How Ghost Workers, Pension Mafias Compound States’ Nightmares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.