Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? (1869 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
I have 400k which may get to 500k by start of next month. Pls which country would you advise me to go where i can study(most important) and work or do little business if possible. I want a country where the fees or cost of living is not high but i don't want Africa except maybe SA . I just don't want to study in Nigeria, I need to experience freshness. Someone suggested India but i also need help here, thanks.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
jammyng: I have 400k which may get to 500k by start of next month. Pls which country would you advise me to go where i can study(most important) and work or do little business if possible. I want a country where the fees is not too here or cost of living but i don't want Africa except maybe SA . I just don't want to study in Nigeria, I need to experience freshness. Someone suggested India but i also need help here, thanks.
Undergraduate or post graduate?
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
Demaejy:
Undergraduate or post graduate?
undergraduate.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
jammyng: undergraduate.
That money is too small to pay tuition fees not to talk of return ticket, accommodation fees, feeding and the rest... School in 9ja or invest your money there. Good luck
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2013
fados4sure:
That money is too small to pay tuition fees not to talk of return ticket, accommodation fees, feeding and the rest... School in 9ja or invest your money there. Good luck
the truth is that i don't want to stay in Nigeria anymore.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by kennybuda: 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Then try cameroon or ghana 500k is just nothing to start with.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
kennybuda: Then try Cameroon or Ghana 500k is just nothing to start with.
what about Kenya? i just want to study and MAYBE make little cash there.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
jammyng: what about Kenya? i just want to study and MAYBE make little cash there.
There is no Africa country you can study and make cash don't be deceived. Invest your money and make profit and go to Germany... Germany is the only country if you really want to make money
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by omega25red(m): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
poster if you are able to raise 100k in month, then you need to stay where you are and keep raising 100k every month. Just wanting to travel at all cost will get you in the hands of fruadsters who will promise you heaven.

consider this
if you some how get a visa to where ever you want to go, you will need plane ticket (round trip) i say round trip because chances are you will probably get tourist visa. By getting tourist visa, you automatically can't work. Yes illegals do work without papers but they get paid less than a documented person and they get treated like crap in some cases

You will also need accommodation. you might find someone who is willing to house you, but for how long? Especially if you can't work legally. Money makes the closest friends turn to enemies. Theses are some of the potential hardships you might run into.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
fados4sure:
There is no Africa country you can study and make cash don't be deceived. Invest your money and make profit and go to Germany... Germany is the only country if you really want to make money
my main aim is to study really not to make money but i need a place where the tuition won't be high.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
omega25red: poster if you are able to raise 100k in month, then you need to stay where you are and keep raising 100k every month. Just wanting to travel at all cost will get you in the hands of fruadsters who will promise you heaven.

consider this
if you some how get a visa to where ever you want to go, you will need plane ticket (round trip) i say round trip because chances are you will probably get tourist visa. By getting tourist visa, you automatically can't work. Yes illegals do work without papers but they get paid less than a documented person and they get treated like crap in some cases

You will also need accommodation. you might find someone who is willing to house you, but for how long? Especially if you can't work legally. Money makes the closest friends turn to enemies. Theses are some of the potential hardships you might run into.
actually, it is by contribution because i said i wanted to travel and i also saved. I just don't want to stay in Nigeria anymore to study.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
jammyng: my main aim is to study really not to make money but i need a place where the tuition won't be high.
Since you said your main aim is to study and not to make money, then come to North Cyprus... Their schools are a bit reasonable...
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
fados4sure:
Since you said your main aim is to study and not to make money, then come to North Cyprus... Their schools are a bit reasonable...
can 500k do everything for me?
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 13, 2013
Any contribution here wink
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 13, 2013
jammyng: can 500k do everything for me?
500 will pay tuition but, you will need money for accommodation, feeding and flight ticket... If your money then finishes, what will you do next?
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 13, 2013
fados4sure:
500 will pay tuition but, you will need money for accommodation, feeding and flight ticket... If your money then finishes, what will you do next?
it means that TRNC is not an option for me, thanks.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by dasparrow: 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
jammyng: Any contribution here wink

500K is not enough to do anything reasonable abroad including studying. Take it from me who has spent the better part of my life overseas between western Europe and USA. You also have to keep in mind that due to the economic recession that affected countries the world over most especially Europe and North America, things have become difficult in these advanced countries. If you don't have sufficient money to sponsor yourself in school, things can become really tough for you. I know many Nigerians who are stuck abroad and just need a flight ticket to come back home. Don't be a victim.

Besides, why don't you want to school in other parts of Africa except South Africa? Other African countries are not bad either. They have stable electricity and some are more organized than Nigeria. Their universities are not bad either. Try countries like Botswana, Kenya, the Gambia and the likes but you still need more than 500K.

Another option I can think of is getting a volunteer job in a foreign country where your accommodation and feeding is taken care of and you are paid an allowance/stipend each month. The organization also pays for your traveling/relocation expenses. Once you are overseas you can hook up with a nice lady, marry her and then secure your stay in that country. The student visa route used to be the way to go but not anymore. If you really don't have sufficient funds, you are only heading towards disaster.

All the best.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
dasparrow:

500K is not enough to do anything reasonable abroad including studying. Take it from me who has spent the better part of my life overseas between western Europe and USA. You also have to keep in mind that due to the economic recession that affected countries the world over most especially Europe and North America, things have become difficult in these advanced countries. If you don't have sufficient money to sponsor yourself in school, things can become really tough for you. I know many Nigerians who are stuck abroad and just need a flight ticket to come back home. Don't be a victim.

Besides, why don't you want to school in other parts of Africa except South Africa? Other African countries are not bad either. They have stable electricity and some are more organized than Nigeria. Their universities are not bad either. Try countries like Botswana, Kenya, the Gambia and the likes but you still need more than 500K.

Another option I can think of is getting a volunteer job in a foreign country where your accommodation and feeding is taken care of and you are paid an allowance/stipend each month. The organization also pays for your traveling/relocation expenses. Once you are overseas you can hook up with a nice lady, marry her and then secure your stay in that country. The student visa route used to be the way to go but not anymore. If you really don't have sufficient funds, you are only heading towards disaster.

All the best.
thanks bro. The 500k is actually for the first year. Do u know any volunteer organization that'll do such. The ones I've contacted always ask me to even pay for volunteering.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
dasparrow:

All the best.
You are giving this guy wrong info... In my school in Cyprus, I have people from most of this African countries and I do interact with them... They said nothing is happening there... Please, stop passing information you are not sure about.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 15, 2013
jammyng: thanks bro. The 500k is actually for the first year. Do u know any volunteer organization that'll do such. The ones I've contacted always ask me to even pay for volunteering.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Geminilove(f): 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
@OP if you know how to post you know how to use google.com and please make up your mind up wheter you want to study or work, if 500k is for the month or for year. If you dont tell truth we cant help you here.

here volunteering info http://www.google.ae/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=volunteer+work+aboard&oq=volunteer+work+aboard&gs_l=hp.3..0i10l4.6958.35829.0.37829.29.17.5.7.7.0.377.5233.0j4j0j13.17.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.Jpka_heMJw0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.bmk&fp=425b551255c43cea&biw=1366&bih=673
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
Geminilove: @OP if you know how to post you know how to use google.com and please make up your mind up wheter you want to study or work, if 500k is for the month or for year. If you dont tell truth we cant help you here.

here volunteering info http://www.google.ae/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=volunteer+work+aboard&oq=volunteer+work+aboard&gs_l=hp.3..0i10l4.6958.35829.0.37829.29.17.5.7.7.0.377.5233.0j4j0j13.17.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.Jpka_heMJw0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.bmk&fp=425b551255c43cea&biw=1366&bih=673
thanks, but I've already googled it and found info that i need. That is not to say i can't get help from others. I have 500k for a year's study but people say it's not enough for even an African country because my mind is on Kenya and SA. So maybe I've got to work first. Thanks .
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 17, 2013
Thanks guys, I've got some important info. But i need more help wink
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Geminilove(f): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2013
jammyng: Thanks guys, I've got some important info. But i need more help wink

LOL which help again?
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 18, 2013
Geminilove:

LOL which help again?
i need more info about countries people have lived in that has cheap residence. I need as much info as i can get.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Geminilove(f): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
jammyng: i need more info about countries people have lived in that has cheap residence. I need as much info as i can get.

Jammyng,

There are over 190 countries in the world, we all can’t sit here and give experience for every country.

Help us to help you,

Answer the below questions-

Age range:

What qualifications and work experience do you have:

What kind of person would you say you are, what do you like doing etc.?

Rough estimation of the funds you have for outlay?

Then we can guide you

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Geminilove:

Jammyng,

There are over 190 countries in the world, we all can’t sit here and give experience for every country.

Help us to help you,

Answer the below questions-

Age range:

What qualifications and work experience do you have:

What kind of person would you say you are, what do you like doing etc.?

Rough estimation of the funds you have for outlay?

Then we can guide you

mid 20s, OND, wants to further in a country that i can afford. Extrovert, likes admin and personnel management jobs, 400k, thanks.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
jammyng: mid 20s, OND, wants to further in a country that i can afford. Extrovert, likes admin and personnel management jobs, 400k, thanks.
I suggest you should apply to German school since you've had your OND but am afraid of block account which you must open with1.6M during visa application, unless you have someone over there that can provide you with sponsorship letter. Besides, German schools are free.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Demaejy:
I suggest you should apply to German school but am afraid of block account which you must open with1.6M during visa application, unless you have someone over there that can provide you with sponsorship letter. Besides, German schools are free.
ok, thanks. Like u said, the blocked account is an issue. Maybe, i can get a sponsor.
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Geminilove(f): 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
jammyng: mid 20s, OND, wants to further in a country that i can afford. Extrovert, likes admin and personnel management jobs, 400k, thanks.

i think you were on right track when you were looking at middle east, Dubai so maybe stick to that
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Geminilove:

i think you were on right track when you were looking at middle east, Dubai so maybe stick to that
thanks wink
Re: He Wants To Travel, Pls Advise? by Geminilove(f): 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
@jammyng,

I am hearing alot of good things about Australia maybe you should consider

https://www.nairaland.com/215610/where-nigerians-australia/11

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Motor Park Is The Best For Lagos-abuja Trip In Car/bus/mini Van? / 4 Things Every Nigerian Should Know Before Travelling Abroad / Planning On Moving To Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.