Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun (6473 Views)

Pay Me My Money - Fasehun To Buhari / OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader / UPN Picks Woman As Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by kaze4blues(m): 4:05am On Apr 11, 2013
HOME > NEWS
Fasehun: Why We Revived UPN
11 Apr 2013
Font Size: a / A

Dr. Fredrick Fasehun

By Sheriff Balogun

Leader and founder of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Wednesday vowed to restore sanity back to the country’s political space as he revived the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), founded by the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, in the Second Republic.

According to him, a credible political association such as UPN would serve as a reliable, focused, people-oriented vehicle that the promoters of UPN would use to restore sanity to the political space, beginning with the South-west.

Fasehun in a statement shortly after the party’s committee meeting in Lagos, said: “One reason for our collective disappointment is that unlike many democracies of the world, government in Nigeria has failed to make the citizens the centrepiece of governance.”

He added that UPN had come to provide such a credible platform, noting that the party would meet the true yearnings of Nigerians for quality education, free health for all, a functional transportation system, rural-urban integration and mass housing.

“There is real danger for the country and we cannot continue to fold our arms and watch politicians run the country aground through profligacy and corruption.

“From all indications, Nigeria will not survive beyond 2014 as a country, unless Nigerians rise up to evolve good political platforms and traditions,” he said.

He recalled that UPN was founded in 1978 by the late Awolowo and was a popular party in the South-west until 1983 when it was proscribed along with other parties in the wake of the coup led by Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

He said before its proscription, election results in the Second Republic showed that the UPN was the dominant party in the South-west; was popular in the old Mid-West, now comprising Edo and Delta States  and the then North central, especially in Kwara State, where it won the governorship seat.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fasehun-why-we-revived-upn/144583/

Mumu old man lickin d arse of gej and pdp...

Find better thins to do woth ur time. This ur upn is already dead on arrival.
No amount of cajole all in the name of late sage awolowo can deceive highly sophisticated southwest into voting for jonathan or dividing our votes come 2015.

Apc all the way...osun a dara

Ile yoruba ko ni baje ooo

4 Likes

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by 2mch(m): 4:16am On Apr 11, 2013
Fasheun Elebi Ruwanda of Nigeria. grin. Its not the party, it is the people and what they have to offer. This party is dead on arrival and an obvious waste of national resources. There should be outrage on this menace. Fasheun will become a billionaire with no votes to UPN. This is the greatest heist of the century. grin. I am tempted to partake in this windfall and enjoyment. grin.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by omiobo: 5:53am On Apr 11, 2013
If he revive am finish,make him raise Awolowo from his grave too. Mtschew!!!
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Tsmooth1(m): 6:19am On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by segunobe(m): 7:13am On Apr 11, 2013
Dr Fasehun,why not put your house(OPC) in order first? And pls would you kindly let us know how you intend to fund this UPN of yours.
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by sureteeboy(m): 9:48am On Apr 11, 2013
Political parties that can't even win a local election. What's the point of revival?
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by spywareczar(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2013
smhh
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Abujafood: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2013
f
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 11, 2013
Am not going to vote PDP or APC. I need a reliable and credible party to vote 4 come 2015
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by BashMe1(m): 9:57am On Apr 11, 2013
[size=20pt]Obatala Political Congress (OPC) are luking to bring back wah? So tey babalawo dey do politics, only in Nigeria[/size]
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by preciousoz: 9:57am On Apr 11, 2013
Good development.

True Democracy at Work. grin
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by mayowatog: 9:58am On Apr 11, 2013
Another case of papa deceiving pikin
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by davades(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2013
1st twas APC,APC now UPN....PDP is a fvcking skunk !

3 Likes

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by peckhamboi: 10:10am On Apr 11, 2013
Foolish, old man

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by adeyak83(m): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2013
hummmm... reviving UPN? dis man is a joke.
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 11, 2013
Upn-Pdp shameless old man, gej wants to use you and your opc to destabilise the south west, your own people for 2.4b naira.

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Reference(m): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2013
The reaction of the west particularly the dominant party in that region will be a true test of its much vaunted democratic credentials. Either take it like the PDP (with a shrug and then secretly unleash hell) or explode in unimaginable fury and hopefully not, violence as we've seen in parts of the north.

Please be sportsmen and take in equal measure as you give and show good leadership, maturity and political sagacity as you claim.
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by k00lxpert(m): 10:27am On Apr 11, 2013
i was told that he was awarded a contract worth 2.5Billion by the FG, to secure the southwest with his OPC...so, he has our money to splash on UPN

2 Likes

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by lifestyle1(m): 10:51am On Apr 11, 2013
undecided
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by slimming: 10:54am On Apr 11, 2013
The current political parties are achieving nothing talkless of new ones.
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by dammytosh: 10:54am On Apr 11, 2013
k00lxpert: i was told that he was awarded a contract worth 2.5Billion by the FG, to secure the southwest with his OPC...so, he has our money to splash on UPN

What if that was a propaganda from ACN ? Knowing the old credibility of UPN.
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by HAH: 11:02am On Apr 11, 2013
Mr fashewun take it or leave it the new Awolowo has been born and his name is Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Just justify the pay from your paymasters.
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 11, 2013
Well I see he is really on Jonathan's payroll. Fasheun's OPC has been given a 2.4 billion naira contract to protect pipelines in the SouthWest. In exchange, he will "revive" UPN and reduce the influence of ACN in the SouthWest.

Who is really fooling who? Is Jonathan this stupid? Who the hell is Fasheun in the politics of the SouthWest. He is not a recognised leader in his own ward and this UPN wouldnt get upto 50,000 votes in the entire South West. Does he think the Yourbas are that stupid?

Anyway, I am sure Fasheun must be smiling to the bank. The baba was probably broke and that re*tard just made him a billionnaire again.

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Jobabori(m): 11:08am On Apr 11, 2013
dammytosh:

Old UPN was credible not Fasheun.

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by farem: 11:10am On Apr 11, 2013
Fasheun adopted Goodluck in March and floated a 'party' in April. The handwriting is clear on the wall. BUT JONATHAN DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE ANY SUCCESSFUL POLITICAL INVESTMENT, COS THIS ONE IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL!
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by ochukoccna: 11:15am On Apr 11, 2013
Jobabori: Old UPN was credible not Fasheun.
Well said
Nothing to add here

Nashville: Well I see he is really on Jonathan's payroll. Fasheun's OPC has been given a 2.4 billion naira contract to protect pipelines in the SouthWest. In exchange, he will "revive" UPN and reduce the influence of ACN in the SouthWest.

Who is really fooling who? Is Jonathan this stupid? Who the hell is Fasheun in the politics of the SouthWest. He is not a recognised leader in his own ward and this UPN wouldnt get upto 50,000 votes in the entire South West. Does he think the Yourbas are that stupid?

Anyway, I am sure Fasheun must be smiling to the bank. The baba was probably broke and that re*tard just made him a billionnaire again.
Mehn, who can connect me to creek Joe undecided
See as money dey flow yanfu yanfu
All because of 2015
May sanity enter our politics

kaze4blues: HOME > NEWS
Mumu old man lickin d arse of gej and pdp...

Find better thins to do worth ur time. This ur upn is already dead on arrival.
No amount of cajole all in the name of late sage awolowo can deceive highly sophisticated southwest into voting for jonathan or dividing our votes come 2015.

Apc all the way...osun a dara

Ile yoruba ko ni baje ooo
So on point
This Fasheun has totally lost his marbles
I used to respect him before but when I saw him hobnobbing with the likes of Joseph Evah,I knew he was lost
The pipeline contract was the clincher he had sold his soul for oil money
Even with kleptomaniacs like Tinubu, ACN still outperforms the PDP
If this UPN revival had altruistic motives,so many in the SW would back Fasheun
Not that one supports Tinubu's shenanigan antics but Nigeria is currently been a theatre of looting from the PDP to the ACN to the civil service and reeks of extreme corruption
UPN is so dead on arrival cool cool cool
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 11, 2013
I think it is a good idea to always remember awolowo. Why not?

Must it be only tinubu? Yorubas are independent and can choose their leader.

grin Fasheun we would give you more money. You are doing a great job.
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by ninja4life(m): 11:54am On Apr 11, 2013
Wow 2015 let d race begins but seriously who knows fasheun in d southwest na only opc most people knew and does he tink d new generation of yorubas knows much abt upc he should be ready to provide a credible candidate 4 election if not no one cares for upc or watever and most of d jargons above are d common nonsense which politicians uses to decieve gullible nigerians so nothing new
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by gbeseun(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
I only pity d retard in aso rock. For wasting our money on aan unfruitfull biz in d first instace,
If only he know the history of yoruba ,gej will. Knw that backstabbing didn't start from today and anyone teaching him is giving him a very good wrong advice
What is faseun antecedent in politics of southwest?
So he gave him contract so he can see money to spend on thugs before election and after abi,
Obj his grandfather. Sef try southwest he failed,so definitely,gej antic has failed already
We in southwest are not going back to the dark days where violent will reign supreme in our land.even if gej start doling out 1milla to each family,we can't eat our pride cos no alternative to a brighter and rewarding future
We re learned here nd we. Knw what we want,progress is what we called out for,faseun gej abati et all can't draw us back
Rem wild wild west,
Faseun enjoy ur free gift wt ur dead upn.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by k00lxpert(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
dammytosh:

No, its Not. its from a reliable source
Re: Why We Are Reviving UPN - Fasehun by omiobo: 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fasheun fall my hand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Leads In Nigeria’s School Enrolment / Snake Withdraws Cash At Barclays Bank ATM In Harare, Zimbabwe (pictures) / Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration 2017: IBB Sues For National Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.