Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,574 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. (6383 Views)

Picture Of Floaded Labora Palms Bay Estate Community Behinde Abijon GRA Lagos / Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community / Is Owerri Inner Streets The Most Serene, Clean And Most Beautifull In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/230371/island-sin-untold-story-tarkwa#36027217
I was browsing , searching for something on the internet, then I saw this nairaland link on Tarkwa bay island.
Since I live on an Island, I decided to take a hike to the beach, involved an hour hike through bush path from my part of the Island to Tarkwa bay beach. My hike took me through Tomaro Island, Iko ata, Abagbo, Lighthouse, Tarkwa bay village then beach. I stopped by the Lighthouse (built 1848) , the desert lighthouse beach littered with abandoned ships .
I will be posting pictures of the beach and lighthouse. I will be posting pictures of the village after my next visit.
The beach is situated south of the village, after Atlas cove, It overlooks Eko Atlantic to the East, Lighthouse and other villages to the west, Lagos Anchorage and the Atlantic Ocean to the south.

3 Likes

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jlinkd78(m): 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
Waoh. Amazing
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hw do I get there from lekki phase 1
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by afroniger: 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
Been there before. Very lovely beach. You can only get there by boat though.

1 Like

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
A 200 naira or 300 naira boat fare takes u to the beach from CMS boat ferry.
If you want peace and quiet and serenity, the beach is for you. Devoid of any noise from DJs etc. The water is calm due to the breakwater or mole, built around the beach to ensure safe passage for ships entering Lagos harbor

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by afroniger: 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
White folks love the beach die. Last time I visited the place there were tons of them there with their private boats and yachts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
Believe or not, Tarkwa bay was once Nigeria's seat of power, well somewhat. Our colonial masters administer the country from the Island. Their Houses and challets are all over the village many of which are still in excellent condition .
Even our past leaders in up till the military era have their challets there. Yakubu Gowon challet, is still there, (so I heard )
The ruins of Lord luggard house is still standing in the compound that houses the lighthouse.
The compound is used as NPA quarters. I will post that pictures later.
1. and 2. The old rail track that leads directly to the beach from the village.
3. Ship leaving Lagos harbour to the open sea, captured from the breakwater (rocks)
4. Eko Atlantic captured from Tarkwa bay.

2 Likes

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by topsyking: 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
bro are u using a Sniper rifle to take dis pictures; wat wit d cross sign

5 Likes

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
topsyking:
bro are u using a Sniper rifle to take dis pictures; wat wit d cross sign
Hahahaha! Its ecompass camera, i used it so I can capture the direction and gps coordinates of the pictures taken
Am having trouble uploading more pictures.

1 Like

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by Demmocrats(m): 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by opalu: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
I love this
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
More pictures

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
More

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by realborn(m): 11:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Amazing!
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
More pictures

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by ta4ba3(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
See dose chicks playing volleyball if it was Miami beach u would hv seen nice bikini chicks with good vigures
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:01am On Jul 26, 2015
More

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by Pyroclast(m): 12:02am On Jul 26, 2015
jaymichael:
A 200 naira or 300 naira boat fare takes u to the beach from CMS boat ferry.
If you want peace and quiet and serenity, the beach is for you. Devoid of any noise from DJs etc. The water is calm due to the breakwater or mole, built around the beach to ensure safe passage for ships entering Lagos harbor
How many minutes is the boat ride from cms?
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:04am On Jul 26, 2015
Pyroclast:

How many minutes is the boat ride from cms?
10 to 15 minutes.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:10am On Jul 26, 2015
More

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Bush path Northwest from the beach. The rail track leads to the beach I know that for sure , where it originates, I have no idea.

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Canoeing

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:27am On Jul 26, 2015
Police station.

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by BabaNath(m): 12:33am On Jul 26, 2015
H
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:37am On Jul 26, 2015
Tarkwa bay.
If u visit the beach, You can just have a look around the island (just make sure you don't get lost ) it's really worth it. If you have the time, you can visit the deserted LIFEHOUSE BEACH close to tarkwa bay beach, about 7 minutes walk but please I beg u in the name of anything and everything u serve, DON'T swim there, (though fear no go gree you sef) The waves are a killer.

1 Like

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:44am On Jul 26, 2015
LIGHTHOUSE BEACH.

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 12:59am On Jul 26, 2015
Lifehouse beach is very very deserted with very rough waters, the villagers call it big beach. it is bigger than Tarkwa bay. Just as the signboard warns do not swim or even attempt to swim in the water of lighthouse beach. Or you will make the next episode of "1000 ways to die"

1 Like

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by topsyking: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2015
my first time in takwa bay was in 2002 ; its really nice place but too many ashewo on d island and they dont have same at all; na so dem go open lap for ground grin grin grin
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2015
topsyking:
my first time in takwa bay was in 2002 ; its really nice place but too many ashewo on d island and they dont have same at all; na so dem go open lap for ground grin grin grin
There is more decency now
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
The lighthouse. This lighthouse I hear was built around 1848. It was renovated during IBB's tenure. The buildings inside is now NPA quarters. The ruins of Lord Luggard's house is located within the compound.

1 Like

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
More.

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
The Location of the Lighthouse from google maps.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aggrieved senators may demand probe of N264bn budget hike / Checkout Terminal Building And Runway Of Abiola Airport Osun(photos ) / The Nigerian High Commissioner / Consulate To Indonesia Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.