Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned (11952 Views)

Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution / Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide / Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Stallion77(f): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2013
Return Of Illegal Police Roadblocks

It is very sad and indeed very disheartening that the reprieve currently being enjoyed by motorists, following the abolition of all manner of extortions and brutality by men of the Nigerian Police, arising from roadblocks on our roads, is again gradually giving way in the country.

Illegal roadblocks are now a daily occurrence on the Ijebu Ode-Epe road, particularly in the evening, with men of the Mobile Police, on this expressway, extorting motorists.

They are again terrorising and forcibly collecting money from motorists and other road users, including okada men. We detest going back to that ugly pre-Abubakar period.

We, therefore, appeal to the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Muhammed D. Abubakar, to urgently arrest this ugly situation before it spreads uncontrollably again in the country.

Ademola Orunbon

Have you also been seeing police road block in your area or travels? Cos they are gradually seeping back.

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/letters/return-of-illegal-roadblocks/
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Stallion77(f): 11:16am On Apr 11, 2013
They are exploiting every avenue they have to milk motorists off their hard earned cash... even the recent enforcement of the tint thing is another ploy as the permit is on the high side for vehicles that came with factory fitted tint glasses.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by outrage: 11:17am On Apr 11, 2013
I was just thinking about this the other day!
Totally true, they are coming back, as if the one the army lay is not annoying enough! Its so pointless, your pass a road block and 50m down there's another one! I mean

What's the point when you just slow a car down look at the drivers face and smile at him?

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by collins123(m): 11:28am On Apr 11, 2013
Nigeria is one massive Corruption Cycle.

7 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by TableLeg(m): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2013
collins123: Nigeria is one massive Corruption Cycle.

I cant find a word to describe the monumental corruption!

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by KingPradas(m): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2013
NA TODAY, Everyday i see roadblock.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by timpaker(m): 11:34am On Apr 11, 2013
The Nigerian Police are outlaws, imagine disobeying a directive from the IG, dia boss...
those found guilty should be jailed and have all dia entitlements striped off! Nonsense!! angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by MadCow1: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2013
Did they ever leave..

8 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2013
When policemen are corrupt, they are simply robbers in uniform...

Their trade starts fom 6:30pm at night...they use all manner of intimidative tactics to extort money. Even pointing a gun at you.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by dulphines: 11:36am On Apr 11, 2013
Corrupt practices of the Nigerian Police is like Malaria! You can't totally get rid of it. Just get anti-malaria handy!
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by olamisegbe(m): 11:37am On Apr 11, 2013
Well..gradually again..hope d issue'll be addressed soon shay
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by awodman: 11:37am On Apr 11, 2013
I tot I was the only one seeing this..IG abeg tk the necessary action
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by miteolu(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2013
[size=15pt]POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND[/size]
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Josh316(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2013
At Night in Abuja, they go to hidden corners to set up roadblocks. The Rubbish Tinted order is just a new means of fattening their pockets and does not add any security value.

In 2010, I had to carry plain clothed policemen in my dad's vehicle once on a search when i had my car stolen from church, and it was NOT TINTED, yet these men were fully armed and this was on a Sunday afternoon. We got to a checkpoint far away from their zone and we were simply waved past! Note that they DIDN'T recognize any of the policemen o! And we had 4 AK-47 rifles in the car. We could as well have been armed robbers on a mission!

How many of the suicide bombers from the haramites operated with tinted vehicles? Even Kidnappers don't give a damn! The tinted order is an excuse to start harassing innocent Nigerians and make cool cash

4 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Samkome2002: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2013
There are check points now in VI, lagos. They set them up in the evenings and do their normal stuff
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by conyema12(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2013
I have also witnessed it. it is so disheartening. I have heard it countless times that you cannot separate Nigerian Police and Road blocks.

I think most of the bad pot-holes witnessed by most of our federal highways is caused by indiscriminate road blocks.
The NPL should do something.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Pray(m): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2013
I was in Ekiti recently for the Easter break and passes through not less than 5 police road blocks on my way to Ikogosi warm spring.

The Lagos road blocks i assume is due to ban on Okadas and tinted Glass.(Chap pepper)

Police seized an okada parked in front of an okada mechanic workshop! Imagine.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by SherlockHolmes1(m): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2013
awodman: I tot I was the only one seeing this..IG abeg tk the necessary action

The IG wont do shi.t cos he is on it too... He is the at the helm of the whole corruption abunna... Abeg the man has failed!

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by johnwizey: 11:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Dey even plenty for my syd. I was stopped by one of dem on my way to Benin Republic via Imeko-afon road. Dey are evn many on dat road,i counted up to 7 roadblocks along dat road. D IG nid to do sumtin vry fast.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2013
What will someone say of the delay in securing the original drivers licence from FRSC? If police finds you with a temporary licence, then you have to hand over your car keys till FRSC releases your original licence.

We are in a mess and the leaders dont care...

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by fleps(m): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2013
Stallion77: Return Of Illegal Police Roadblocks

It is very sad and indeed very disheartening that the reprieve currently being enjoyed by motorists, following the abolition of all manner of extortions and brutality by men of the Nigerian Police, arising from roadblocks on our roads, is again gradually giving way in the country.

Illegal roadblocks are now a daily occurrence on the Ijebu Ode-Epe road, particularly in the evening, with men of the Mobile Police, on this expressway, extorting motorists.

They are again terrorising and forcibly collecting money from motorists and other road users, including okada men. We detest going back to that ugly pre-Abubakar period.

We, therefore, appeal to the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Muhammed D. Abubakar, to urgently arrest this ugly situation before it spreads uncontrollably again in the country.

Ademola Orunbon

Have you also been seeing police road block in your area or travels? Cos they are gradually seeping back.

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/letters/return-of-illegal-roadblocks/

Don't you think they have to come back? With the Boko Haram misfortune of Nigeria on the increase, we even need more!
But I totally condemn the extortion. Please those extortionists should be arrested. We need genuine policing...
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by SherlockHolmes1(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2013
fleps:

Don't you think they have to come back? With the Boko Haram misfortune of Nigeria on the increase, we even need more!
But I totally condemn the extortion. Please those extortionists should be arrested. We need genuine policing...

You must be new to Nigeria or have been on an island on faraway land. Here, the Police have no business with BH, e pass their power so they have resorted to turn to harmless civilians. The SSS and the Soldiers are those you can talk about when it concerns BH the main koko.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by valicious1(m): 11:48am On Apr 11, 2013
Mad Cow: Did they ever leave..
Yes they did.
Theoritically.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:49am On Apr 11, 2013
It has been long.police road block in my are,a.This is getting one year!
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by donigspain(m): 11:51am On Apr 11, 2013
conyema12: I have also witnessed it. it is so disheartening. I have heard it countless times that you cannot separate Nigerian Police and Road blocks.

I think most of the bad pot-holes witnessed by most of our federal highways is caused by indiscriminate road blocks.
The NPL should do something.
Nigerian Premier League?
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by hardbody: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2013
okpara ugo: What will someone say of the delay in securing the original drivers licence from FRSC? If police finds you with a temporary licence, then you have to hand over your car keys till FRSC releases your original licence.

We are in a mess and the leaders dont care...

Original driver's licence ke? I pay the touts and get something out inside 24 hours. We will be serious and law abiding when they decide to be serious and law abiding too, until then, money answereth all things, QED.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Okworigeorge(m): 11:53am On Apr 11, 2013
If it can reduce d level of boko haram activities, let it b dia
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Oshiite: 11:56am On Apr 11, 2013
Abubakar jumped up like a man and crashlanded like a woman,try enugu okigwe road,so so pathetic
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by gen2briz(m): 11:59am On Apr 11, 2013
Sebi na naija..... Everything na recycle
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by mikkhon(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
I am enroute benin now and i v counted more than 6 road blocks. pls someone tell Abubakar that his bois are defying his orders. Pls dia ugly trend must not b allowed to return. Also i thnk d press could have givn d IG an award at least to appreciate his efforts.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
fleps:

Come back and do what? have you heard of Nigeria Police kill Boko Haram members?

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Joeadamu86: 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
Corruption is the culture of the Nigeria police,they cherish it in high esteem,the orientation of money making in the force is disturbing,the police just need a total overhauling....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion / Boko Haram: NSA Warns Of Likely Attack On Lagos Ports / NNPC And Chinese Consortia Sign MOU On Fuel Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.