Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany (4263 Views)

Six Countries Reject Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request - Sahara Reporters / Nigerian Troops Free Citizens Imprisoned By Boko Haram In Gwoza (photos) / "Imprisoned" Enugu First Lady, Clara Chime, Hires Falana To Secure Her Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
2015: Politician Jailed For Rape, Lawyer Flees, Takes Asylum In Germany

Barely two weeks after he challenged the eligibility of President Goodluck Jonathan to stand election in 2015, the man, Mr. Cyriacus Njoku, has been arrested and sent to jail for alleged rape.

Similarly, his defence counsel, Mr. Ugochukwu Osuagwu, has fled the country with members of his family, alleging that he had been under constant threats of elimination by unknown persons.

The man had been granted asylum by the German government so as to escape from his assailants, believed to be paid by political agents in high places.

He fled Nigeria on April 3, 2013, after taking refuge at German Embassy in Abuja for sometime, trying to escape from those he claimed were after his life for daring to defend Njoku, a freelance journalist and politician.

Njoku, a Peoples Democratic Party member, who had just appealed the judgement of Justice Oniyangi of the Federal High Court that Jonathan was qualified to run in the next election, was arrested by the police on Monday and taken to Suleja Prison, where he had been held under tight security.

The police claim he committed rape but did not give details of the offence, which was also hurriedly mentioned at the Suleja court, outside Abuja, where the offence was allegedly committed.

Sources said that the man had been kept incommunicado since he was taken away by the security agents, raising fears he could be harmed.

As a result, many of his friends and acquaintances did not know of his predicament until he was able to smuggle a note out of the prison where he is held.

Findings show that neither his lawyers nor family members have been allowed to see Njoku, with the prison authorities claiming that they were under instructions not to allow anybody to see Mr. Njoku.

The detainee had maintained that even if President Jonathan won the election of 2015, he would have been constitutionally barred from taking another oath of office.

However, when the judge dismissed the case, he went on an appeal, which was yet to be heard before his arrest and detention by the security agents.

A constitutional lawyer said yesterday that Mr. Njoku's appeal was considered dicey because the Supreme Court had in a previous decision (General Marwa vs. Murtala Nyako) concerning the tenure of some state governors, held that a governor could not take oath of office more than twice by virtue of Sections 135 and 137 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Reacting to the development, the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, described it as a provocative action aimed at muzzling Nigerians.

CPC's spokesman, Rotimi Fashakin, said Nigerians should rise against the renewed wave of onslaught by dictators against voices of dissent in the country.

http://m.naij.com/news/30638.html
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
GEJ again?
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
The "fresh air" that nigerians voted for has become stale and polluted.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Gooogle(m): 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
1 Kings 12:10 NKJV

Then the young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying, "Thus you should speak to this people who have spoken to you, saying, 'Your father made our yoke heavy, but you make it lighter on us'--thus you shall say to them: 'My little finger shall be thicker than my father's waist!
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
Someone pls remind me, is this a military or democratic government??
This is clearly the work of Gej and/or his cohorts.
But for God's sake, politics is not a do or die affair! Oh sorry i've forgotten we're in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Panzastrip(m): 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
Na waa
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Abujafood: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
For now it's too early to say anything!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by dbride: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
Those who the gods want to destroy they first make mad.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
This country never lacks news. I don't know why but whenever I see the name "GEJ", I always expect laughter to follow, sometimes by the shear magnitude of the incredibility and unbelievability of the story that follows. This time though, I am just speechless. I wonder how and why the story made the front page of NL.
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by KingPradas(m): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
They can't give evidence he committed Molestation it's all Politics nothing else.
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
I dont get the topic title
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nightshift(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Willkommen nach Deutschland!!
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by DICKtator: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Anything i say would be sub judicial to the investigations already in place. so in lieu of that,'NO COMMENT"
grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by johnwizey: 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Wetin concern me?
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by mosquitoNet(m): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Goodluck Badbelle Hitler Jonathan. The Dicktator

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by ibromanner(m): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
All is well!
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
If he is innocent of d alleged crime, he shld go and clear himself in court. Is he expecting d F.G to turn a blind eye to his alleged crime because he brought an important matter b4 d court?
S.308 of d 1999 constn(as amended) does nt extend immunity to those challenging d President's action and inaction in court.
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by DICKtator: 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
I dont get the topic title
GEJ traducer gaoled for R.A-PE and Attorney travelled incognito to Deutschland to seek mental stability.
Hope i helped?
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Drdaps(m): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
Even the great leader of North Korea didn't imprison his citizens just like dat.
Anyway ur days ar number dou it may count great bt not up to an hour infront of God.
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by DICKtator: 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
mosquitoNet: Goodluck Badbelle Hitler Jonathan. The Dicktator

angry angry angry angry
grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by cold(m): 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
berem: I hope there is going to be Presidential pardon for r.apists too. anything can happen in this country.
Like seriously?You have already concluded that he must be a r@pist.This story is as bogus as a three dollar bill.
I'm starting to get worried at the level of desperation the top echelon of the government is exhibiting to silence real and imagined opposition.First it was the Leadership news daily debacle and now this.
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by igbsam(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
Dictatorship Government....We are yet to see the real GEJ himself. Trying to contest the Abacha Character. We never see anything yet. Film just dey start. Challenge GEJ and go to jail where you will eventually die.
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by ceejay80s(m): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
NoNe of my BUSINESS
my concern na high cost of living e.g GARRI, APPARTMENTS,HOUSE RENT, SHOPS, SCHOOL FEES, TRANSPORTATION.
Make una wake me when una get these news
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by alfredo4u(m): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
una want kil d guy. Make una give am ota pia pia
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by ayox2003: 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
G= Government's

E= Enemy

J= Jailed!

GEJ. Fresh air!

Frawzey

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by misterh(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
This is going to be interesting. It's all politics though. Okupe et al, over to you!
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
Is this another Henry Okah case? undecided
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by ewet: 6:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
What is your source and hw can we verify your claim?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by bizz(m): 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
The Dictator making the news again
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by ewet: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
booqee: Someone pls remind me, is this a military or democratic government??
This is clearly the work of Gej and/or his cohorts.
But for God's sake, politics is not a do or die affair! Oh sorry i've forgotten we're in nigeria.
Be careful wht you blif,verify your facts b4 asserting.
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
mosquitoNet: Goodluck Badbelle Hitler Jonathan. The Dicktator
So the name as changed from Clueless and Retardeen to Hitler and Dicktator ? I dey laugh oh.
Re: GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany by OCcool: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
DICKtator:
GEJ traducer gaoled for R.A-PE and Attorney travelled incognito to Deutschland to seek mental stability.
Hope i helped?
grin grin grin grin
hahahaha U jst compounded her problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Things Must Do At Age 30 To Benefit Your Life At 50 / See Buhari's Plan For Electricity In Nigeria / Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.