Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos (34394 Views)

NNAMDI KANU, A COLOSSUS OF OUR TIME / A Rising Colossus: Nigeria Leads African Technology/Commerce Race / National Cake Or National 419 - Where is the promised colossus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by olajide21: 10:23am On Apr 12, 2013
Could this be the Lag that i left couple of years ago or some Country abroad?
Rossikk:

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2013
chiover: All thanks to IBB,he really tried in the beatification of Lagos. The Governor Mr Fashola is also trying in the maintenance of Lagos. He Fashola is not doing that bad! I must confess
wot beautification did IBB do?
He, no doubt contributed to the development but the the beautification starts with fasola

4 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by OAM4J: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2013
Very Lovely.

Good job Rossikk!
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2013
@Rossikk..,thanks for those wonderful pictures. Not withstanding the challenges, Nigeria is making progress.

Yes, there's is corruption but atleast the corruption is DEMOCRATISED, unlike what happened in the era of military dictatorship when ONE MAN decides who gets what and uses the gun to SHARE national resources at his whims and caprices.

For instance, Fashola is looting (with the help of Tinubu) and working, Oshiomole is stealing and working, GEJ is stealing and working, Akpabio is looting and working, Peter Obi is stealing and working and so on and so forth.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing is that WORK is going on EVERYWHERE and the persons appropriating or stealing/looting the resources are elected/selected from among the people in that locality, unlike before

6 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Rossikk..,thanks for those wonderful pictures. Not withstanding the challenges, Nigeria is making progress.

Yes, there's is corruption but atleast the corruption is DEMOCRATISED, unlike what happened in the era of military dictatorship when ONE MAN decides who gets what and uses the gun to SHARE national resources at his whims and caprices.

For instance, Fashola is looting (with the help of Tinubu) and working, Oshiomole is stealing and working, GEJ is stealing and working, Akpabio is looting and working, Peter Obi is stealing and working and so on and so forth.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing is that WORK is going on EVERYWHERE and the persons appropriating or stealing/looting the resources are elected/selected from among the people in that locality, unlike before
[size=15pt]DIES![/size]
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2013
O'baller:
kai OP. you don cause wahala..Some Ibo folks will be planning a massive southwest drift to lagos o..Migration things...Nna Lagos too much...
Na for Ajegunle~Okokomaiko them go land. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by 9jauk: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2013
NEPA....is on my mind,I will not relocate anytime soon,naaaaaa ko seni to le ba mi su" Lol.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by dotcomnamename: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2013
rabdeluxe: Why you no waka go ebute metta, ijora, ojuelegba? Make U snap?

Why you no snap them and upload them here to prove you're right? undecided

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by remzytimer: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2013
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I can wait to be back in naija soonest......
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Lilimax(f): 10:52am On Apr 12, 2013
olajide21: Could this be the Lag that i left couple of years ago or some Country abroad?

Does it mean you travelled and don't visit home? Don't get loss over there....
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Lilimax(f): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2013
mr_man: Imagine if spiderman was a Nigerian, his career would have ended a long time ago. No skyscrappers to swing from.
There is nothing wrong if you build one. sad

3 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by enioladeran: 10:57am On Apr 12, 2013
very 9c
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Flygerian1(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2013
ilugunboy: Lovely sights
Ah dey told u.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 12, 2013
i LOVE these pics!!!!!!!!!
they are beautiful!
*checks for spelling error* .....yup good to post :p

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by FXKing2012(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2013
Akwa Ibom, Calabar and Abuja are more beautiful.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by kama1210: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2013
far beta than Accra

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by manmustwack: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2013
Broda u do well sha.Thats what the world needs to see of nijah.

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ajetunblog(m): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2013
see more pics here : http://ajetun..com
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2013
nice nd beautiful....if somebodi tells me dis is SA, i wont dispute it

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by favouryemmy: 11:47am On Apr 12, 2013
This photographer is a magician

3 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by sheyguy: 11:53am On Apr 12, 2013
IBB indeed!
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by jaymichael(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2013
rabdeluxe: Why you no waka go ebute metta, ijora, ojuelegba? Make U snap?
And Ayobo, orile, Ajegunle,etc etc. in short give me 2minutes Make i snap and upload my street. lagos state is not only vi, Ikoyi, ikeja and surulere. @op, dont sell us smokescreen. we live in Lagos and we know what the real Lagos looks like.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by sheyguy: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Rossikk..,thanks for those wonderful pictures. Not withstanding the challenges, Nigeria is making progress.

LOL, that's so unSincere 9gerian of you. The picture and oppression too much the guy had to acknowledge Oga at the Top from SW Region with style.
Anyway what is being looted still comes largely from one region so that analogy of yours still remains flawed.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by BUSHMAN1: 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
pavements (curbs)and street lights in lagos..splendid
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Qc1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
Damn! 16 years is too long to stay away from naija !

Very pictures, good job and thanks.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by nikkyshyne(f): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2013
Lovely. I saw my office building in 2 of those pictures.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by asala1: 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
The Writer: Are you kidding me? Seriously? You fill up the place with hotels and malls and more hotels. How many of these (aptly named) "rare" things are accessible to the common man living in a face-me-I-face-you room?
Hotel? Are you high on something? 90% of those pictures were taken in the streets.

3 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ocheejemb: 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
I WANNA GO HOME embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Ephramed(m): 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
eko ilee:

You too fit go and take the pictures for us to see. And please don't take the pictures with your Nokia pure water phone..

then u never hear of NOKIA PURE VIEW.CRYSTAL CLEAR LIKE PURE WATER.*gosh am in love with that phone*
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by mithel(m): 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
jaymichael: And Ayobo, orile, Ajegunle,etc etc. in short give me 2minutes Make i snap and upload my street. lagos state is not only vi, Ikoyi, ikeja and surulere. @op, dont sell us smokescreen. we live in Lagos and we know what the real Lagos looks like.

still waiting.......or you are still searching
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by gustdableman(m): 1:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
hahaha, that this picture is old school picture, snap recent picture pls
Mr. Grim Reaper:
.With a little more discipline, this country could really be a beautiful place to be in..

Simple things like;

1. Obey traffic rules and regulations.

2. Use the Pedestrian crossing and Zebra crossings, hoping that motorists will observe the rule of Zebra crossings

3. Stop littering. (This is the worst of all)

4. Stop street hawking.

5. Stop posting bills on walls

6. Plant more trees & flowers.

7. Keep the roads and streets clean.

8. Remove wastes.

All I see in those pictures is 'sanity'. Compare those pictures to these;

[img]http://relationalbcn.files./2010/06/lagos_go_slow.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV / Fire Guts Nigerian Army Headquarters In Abuja / Obi Joins Soludo Family To Pay Last Respects To Gov Soludo's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.