Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline (16071 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Bombs “Mass Gathering” Of Boko Haram Terrorists / Nigerian Air Force Strikes Boko Haram Terrorist’s Vehicle Workshop / See The Pope In Commercial Airline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Nathaniel734: 6:05am On Apr 12, 2013
Air Force Launches Commercial Airline

A new chapter began in the history of the Nigerian Air Force as the Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Olusola Obada, yesterday commissioned a commercial aircraft purchased by its personnel.

Speaking at the occasion, the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh, assured Nigerians of safety in Nigerian air space, saying that their aircraft and personnel were in perfect shape as he expressed satisfaction with the project. At the launching of a United Airline Boeing 737-500, Badeh said the newly acquired aircraft was under a joint partnership between the Aeronautical Engineering and Technical Services of the Nigerian Air Force Holding Company (NAFHC) and Solicom Engineering Nigeria Limited, a product of Public-Private Partnership (PPP).

He said, “I am so glad with this aircraft; every Air Force personnel contributed to it and it is the first of the series of aircraft that the force plans for carrying troops.” He said its purchase would not deny the patronage of C-130 and others in its hanger.

Earlier in her speech, the Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Olusola Obada, who was represented by the new Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Aliyu Ismaila Numa, said that with the coming on board of the Boeing 737-500 series, it was hoped that the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) would build its airlift very soon since it has the capability to do so.

Also speaking at the occasion, the Group Managing Director, NAFHC, Air Vice Marshal Ibrahim Kure, said the aircraft would commence operations with the initial client base of mainly Armed Forces, Police and other para-military force. He also said that the aircraft would be available for charter, adding that this will contribute towards personnel motivation since they will be airlifted to reduce fare. In his remark, the managing director, Aeronautical Engineering and Technical Services Limited (AETSL), Air Vice Marshal Alkali Muhammed Mamu, said the AETSL is solely owned by the officers and men of the NAF.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/51928/2013/04/12/air_force_launches_commercial_airline.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by saintneo(m): 6:36am On Apr 12, 2013
Why don't they works towards manufacturing?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Nuzo1(m): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2013
I don't know if its the choice of beautiful female air-marshals at recruitment or their uniform that accentuates undiluted se.xua.lityy?

Can you imagine these neatly dressed sexy combatants as air hostesses? Or are my just being a pervert?

Whichever one it is, this new airline has come to stay. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by MrGrimReaper: 9:30am On Apr 12, 2013
Another Dana in the making.

The Nigerian airforce has aircrafts sitting on the ground that has not been maintained in years. Anyone who flies into Lagos airport is greeted by a parade of brokendown C-120s and helicopters. The other day, a Nigerian Airforce Gunship was flying above and I could see alot of smoke coming out the main rotor engine.

Now they have graduated to Boeing planes for troop transport. Anyways, I wish them well. But seeing as this is still Nigeria, I will be cautious before boarding that plane. Remember that it was a Nigerian Airforce Helicopter that killed Azazi & Yakowa.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by bigx(m): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2013
Did they research on the costs and Margins of operating a commercial Airline business or is this just someone's "feel good" project?
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Adurangba(f): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2013
Some folks sees nothing good done in their country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Adurangba(f): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2013
saintneo: Why don't they works towards manufacturing?

Hilarious.
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by fatherab1: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2013
One of the best ideas the Air Force can come up with. It is highly commendable. We can't tolerate their sleeping and snoring simply because Nigeria is not in war. At least they can contribute to help the usually stranded Flight passengers
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by kponkedenge(m): 9:36am On Apr 12, 2013
I don't trust dis country dere4 I won't enta dat plane
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by NeuroBoss(m): 9:37am On Apr 12, 2013
Commercial kini? Mon pays me fait souvent rire. As if they had done well in their core responsibility
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by iamswizz(m): 9:38am On Apr 12, 2013
embarassed
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Fishout(m): 9:40am On Apr 12, 2013
Another channel to embezzle 9ja money.all of u will account for it whenever u meet ur GOD
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by AnodaIT(m): 9:42am On Apr 12, 2013
Nathaniel734: Air Force Launches Commercial Airline

it was hoped that the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) would build its airlift very soon since it has the capability to do so.

Also speaking at the occasion, the Group Managing Director, NAFHC, Air Vice Marshal Ibrahim Kure, said the aircraft would commence operations with the initial client base of mainly Armed Forces, Police and other para-military force. He also said that the aircraft would be available for charter, adding that this will contribute towards personnel motivation since they will be airlifted to reduce fare.

hope u read the above

bigx: Did they research on the costs and Margins of operating a commercial Airline business or is this just someone's "feel good" project?
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by SlyIg(f): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2013
kponke denge: I don't trust dis country dere4 I won't enta dat plane
lolssss...
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Adurangba(f): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2013
NeuroBoss: Commercial kini? Mon pays me fait souvent rire. As if they had done well in their core responsibility

Example?
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Walexz02(m): 9:49am On Apr 12, 2013
Coo!
But the dying planes in their hanger should be revived. Why buy a more difficult to maintaing plane while you cannt maintain the lesser ones?
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Goldcon: 9:50am On Apr 12, 2013
Some folks sees nothing good done in their country.
One of our major challenges as a people. If you don't see anything good in a "project" you will hardly put in serious efforts to make that project work. You can only make better what is already good. If Nigeria is COMPLETELY bad, then what's the essence of trying to make it better. Anything completely bad is to be discarded.

Lets all be objective in our criticisms and commend good efforts like this one, whenever we see it. We are not all politicians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:51am On Apr 12, 2013
These are hard time peeps! Even the govt are starving!
grin
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by xcitedjay(m): 9:57am On Apr 12, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 12, 2013
I Hope say no be all this wrecked plans packed at murtala dey wan use dey convene their papa
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by brownlord: 9:57am On Apr 12, 2013
Our security system is so tight now, therefore our airforce need to venture into other forms of business "kabukabu" or town service why the navy no still start their own wit canoe sorry boat, nonsence, make dem wait till when i won commit suicide instead to hang myself na to just come enter the plane, hw much dem say them dey pay, plane crash victims that time, mk my family for collect the alawi
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by mathskill: 9:58am On Apr 12, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by naptu2: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2013
Mr. Grim Reaper:
Another Dana in the making.

The Nigerian airforce has aircrafts sitting on the ground that has not been maintained in years. Anyone who flies into Lagos airport is greeted by a parade of brokendown C-120s and helicopters. The other day, a Nigerian Airforce Gunship was flying above and I could see alot of smoke coming out the main rotor engine.

Now they have graduated to Boeing planes for troop transport. Anyways, I wish them well. But seeing as this is still Nigeria, I will be cautious before boarding that plane. Remember that it was a Nigerian Airforce Helicopter that killed Azazi & Yakowa.

Actually, Azazi and Yakowa died in a naval helicopter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by slimfit1(m): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2013
Only a cow would think like this. What business do they have in buying an aircraft that is not a military despatch craft...... only in Jeg government animal like cow have a say.
We were had military rule for almost 30 years they didn't think of buying one only one big fool like Jeg would think like an illiterate.

Someone need to get that guy out before our military state selling stock exchange and other things as well.

Don't they know that our security in this country is poor, boko ram are killing like butchers the only thing our military are thinking is wasting money on unnecessary thing s a military should nt be associated with.
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by naptu2: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2013
In some countries such as Iran, the military engages in commercial ventures. This has also been the case in Nigeria for a while now.

The Nigerian Army manufactures drugs, is involved in real estate and civil engineering business.

The Nigerian Navy is also involved in real estate business.

The Defence Industries Corporation (DICON) was involved in salt making.

Etc.

However, the question is, can the NAF effectively and efficiently run an airline?
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by Akpan107(m): 10:19am On Apr 12, 2013
saintneo: Why don't they works towards manufacturing?
Na small-small dem dey take start...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by slimfit1(m): 10:23am On Apr 12, 2013
This president would do anything to embarrass Nigeria with is primary school thinking. Before you know they will be buying bugatti too for military service. What else please. I think he bought the plain to consume top military officers just like ibb did.
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by AkinDavid2: 10:25am On Apr 12, 2013
cheesy cheesy

Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by slimfit1(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2013
naptu2: In some countries such as Iran, the military engages in commercial ventures. This has also been the case in Nigeria for a while now.

The Nigerian Army manufactures drugs, is involved in real estate and civil engineering business.

The Nigerian Navy is also
Defence Industries Corporation (DICON) was involved in salt making.

Etc.

However, the question is, can the NAF effectively and efficiently run an airline?

You pick Iran who on this earth compare himself to Iran ?
The military don't have any business venturing into profit making business what so every. We have serious security problem that is not been tackled the air force is buying plains when people are dying up north

That is treason exposing our country and its people's life. I dought if this president knows by and chance knows what is position entails.
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by prettyboi1(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2013
See all the negative comments. Bitter Nigerians as always. SMH.
Re: Nigerian Air-Force Launches Commercial Airline by MMM2(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2013
Where is my private jet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Did Not Raid Ambode's Residence - EFCC / Bariga Council Chairman 'alabi' Inspects Ongoing Projects Across Local Council / Drama As Kano Factional PDP Expels Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.