Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze (2225 Views)

Shooting Continues In Rivers / #UdomSupremeCourtVictory: Celebration Continues In Uyo (Photo) / Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 12, 2013
April 12, 2013 | 2:04 am
News
BY VINCENT UJUMADU
AWKA— DESPITE the efforts
by the Anambra and Kogi
State governments to ensure
that normalcy returned to
the troubled border
communities of the two
states, heavy shooting
continued in the oil-rich
Okpeze in Anambra East
Local Government Area of
Anambra State, yesterday.
Several lives have been lost in
the area in the last two
weeks and property worth
millions of naira lost
following violent clash in the
disputed area.
Although the casualty figure
was not known at press
time, the sound of the
gunfire was said to have
frightened those residing
close to the borders making
them to relocate upland.
This came even as the people
of Aguleri in Anambra East
told reporters that two of
their kinsmen who have
been missing since the
renewed fracas a fortnight
ago, have been confirmed
dead.
According to Aguleri people,
their kinsmen namely
Obalum Udealor and Onyeka
Nnebe, who were abducted
when the people of Ibaji first
invaded Aguleri Otu two
weeks ago, have been
confirmed dead.
“When they came to attack
our people yesterday, they
were telling us that they have
eaten our brothers and this
is heightening the tension in
the area,” they said
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/heavy-shooting-continues-in-oil-rich-okpeze/
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 12, 2013
those kogites have woke up a sleeping lion. Onye agbana oso
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Eneze1(f): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2013
I just pray this is curb before it escalates
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Abagworo(m): 7:55am On Apr 12, 2013
Thankgodifeduba:
April 12, 2013 | 2:04 am
News
BY VINCENT UJUMADU
AWKA— DESPITE the efforts
by the Anambra and Kogi
State governments to ensure
that normalcy returned to
the troubled border
communities of the two
states, heavy shooting
continued in the oil-rich
Okpeze in Anambra East
Local Government Area of
Anambra State, yesterday.
Several lives have been lost in
the area in the last two
weeks and property worth
millions of naira lost
following violent clash in the
disputed area.
Although the casualty figure
was not known at press
time, the sound of the
gunfire was said to have
frightened those residing
close to the borders making
them to relocate upland.
This came even as the people
of Aguleri in Anambra East
told reporters that two of
their kinsmen who have
been missing since the
renewed fracas a fortnight
ago, have been confirmed
dead.
According to Aguleri people,
their kinsmen namely
Obalum Udealor and Onyeka
Nnebe, who were abducted
when the people of Ibaji first
invaded Aguleri Otu two
weeks ago, have been
confirmed dead.
“When they came to attack
our people yesterday, they
were telling us that they have
eaten our brothers
and this
is heightening the tension in
the area,” they said
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/heavy-shooting-continues-in-oil-rich-okpeze/

@bolded. I think there still exists high level of cannibalism in North central region of Nigeria going by what happened in Jos and this one. The worst part is that they are proud of that and even recorded it on video.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2013
e be like say kogi people no know who aguleri people be. Ara ga agba kwa ndi ara! Ogu na mgba ebido kwala!
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by ektbear: 8:06am On Apr 12, 2013
na wa
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by fkaz(m): 8:10am On Apr 12, 2013
berem: e be like say kogi people no know who aguleri people be. Ara ga agba kwa ndi ara! Ogu na mgba ebido kwala!

Stop talking lipsrsealed
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Emperor007: 8:13am On Apr 12, 2013
Hmmmm

Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by blackwall(m): 8:16am On Apr 12, 2013
Hmmm!Naija which way?
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Super1759: 8:25am On Apr 12, 2013
Battle of oil season 1, featuring ibaji,the cannibalist. Aguleri,d juju warlords. Watch out!
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Geomac: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2013
berem: e be like say kogi people no know who aguleri people be. Ara ga agba kwa ndi ara! Ogu na mgba ebido kwala!

Who are the Aguleris? If Aguleri people do anyhow they will see anyhow (lol). Not until the boundary adjustment is resolved no State can lay claim to that Oyel reservior.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by PointB: 8:34am On Apr 12, 2013
Everyone should calm down and let the boundary commission handle the matter.

And eye for an eye makes the world go blind.

1 Like

Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by mekaboy(m): 9:22am On Apr 12, 2013
How long does it take boundary commission? Our do they want to bring politics of highest bidder into this?
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 12, 2013
Geomac:

Who are the Aguleris? If Aguleri people do anyhow they will see anyhow (lol). Not until the boundary adjustment is resolved no State can lay claim to that Oyel reservior.
you are warn kogites dont bite what you cant chew. Ibaji shall be reduce to rumble within 24 hour of hostility
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Geomac: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2013
Thankgodifeduba: you are warn kogites dont bite what you cant chew. Ibaji shall be reduce to rumble within 24 hour of hostility

I am not a Kogite but i can tell you that no Aguleri man will live to tell the story if it happens.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by ba7man(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2013
Why all this needless fighting The main people to reap the spoils of the Oil discovery are currently in Air-conditioned offices and Cars or far away in the sanctity of their luxurious homes.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2013
Geomac:

I am not a Kogite but i can tell you that no Aguleri man will live to tell the story if it happens.
i repeat ibaji will be turn to desert land

1 Like

Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Worldlife: 12:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
And u agree with one side story, i doubt the story abt d canibalism to the best of my knowledge igala is nt kwn with dat behavious
Abagworo:

@bolded. I think there still exists high level of cannibalism in North central region of Nigeria going by what happened in Jos and this one. The worst part is that they are proud of that and even recorded it on video.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Worldlife: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
Senseless comment, kogite we dnt hv a long mouth will believe in action
Thankgodifeduba: you are warn kogites dont bite what you cant chew. Ibaji shall be reduce to rumble within 24 hour of hostility
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by IGBOSON1: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
Geomac:

^^^Just out of curiosity, what state are you from? smiley
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Geomac: 12:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Just out of curiosity, what state are you from? smiley

Don't worry about my state, I am a Nigerian.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Geomac: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
Worldlife: Senseless comment, kogite we dnt hv a long mouth will believe in action

Don't mind him, they are known to be noise makers.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
ba7man: Why all this needless fighting The main people to reap the spoils of the Oil discovery are currently in Air-conditioned offices and Cars or far away in the sanctity of their luxurious homes.
na that one dey pain me pass! people that will chop the oyel money are already salivating and planning on how they will milk the oyel dry. smh
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by Reptyle(m): 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
Thankgodifeduba: those kogites have woke up a sleeping lion. Onye agbana oso

No be only sleeping lion cheesy

Una too dey talk! Action please lipsrsealed
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by SmartTalk: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2013
Reptyle:

No be only sleeping lion cheesy

Una too dey talk! Action please lipsrsealed

Geomac:

Don't mind him, they are known to be noise makers.

Worldlife: Senseless comment, kogite we dnt hv a long mouth will believe in action

Geomac:

Just thought I quote these comments so that when the action happens, and you all start to talk differently, we have evidence that you all got what you all wanted. And don't run to the British government for arms like y'all did the last time. Even so, thank God for China.

1 Like

Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by NoahKallamu: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
Igbos can mak mouth, abeg mak dem go sidon. Tribalists! They'll always b d first 2start blastin odas wen ppl ar talkin of peaceful resolutions.

1 Like

Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by SmartTalk: 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
NoahKallamu: Igbos can mak mouth, abeg mak dem go sidon. Tribalists! They'll always b d first 2start blastin odas wen ppl ar talkin of peaceful resolutions.

I don't see anyone talking of peaceful resolution here, do you? And first vet your statements before calling anyone a tribalist. Otherwise you would be guilty of projection.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by masu: 2:56am On Apr 30, 2013
i still doubt that igalas fighting ibos. no no no
is this not a fulani war signature we see here?
attack at night and run away b4 morning tactice?

probably they want ibos to attack wrong people back.
but truely ibos has suffered in this country more than we all.

give peace a chance.
Re: Aguleri- Kogi Conflict: Heavy Shooting Continues In Oil- Rich Okpeze by SmartTalk: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2013
masu: i still doubt that igalas fighting ibos. no no no
is this not a fulani war signature we see here?
attack at night and run away b4 morning tactice?

probably they want ibos to attack wrong people back.
but truely ibos has suffered in this country more than we all.

give peace a chance.

I agree. For all we know, the attackers might not be the neighbors of the Aguleris, though those two have had a long running battle over territory. The ultimate solution will come with demarcation of the two communities.

(1) (Reply)

TAN Mega Rally In Minna, See Crowd. / European MP Accuses APC Of Funding Boko Haram, Calls For Probe / Incoming President Buhari Commissions Projects In Edo, Hails Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.