Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Shooting Continues In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shooting Continues In Rivers (2759 Views)

Biafra: Women's Conference Continues In Abiriba After Bitter Encounter With Army / The Wedding Celebration Of Zahra Buhari Continues In Maiduguri Today (Photos) / Attack On Shia Muslims Continues In Kaduna From “House To House" (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shooting Continues In Rivers by eyesofgod: 4:01am On Feb 24, 2016
•Pregnant woman, 4 others die as soldiers, militants’ gun battle rages

• Senator Abe alleges death threats

It emerged yesterday that the state-owned Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic in Bori, headquarters of Khana Local Government, Rivers State has been shut indefinitely following heavy shooting between soldiers and militants suspected to be supporters of Solomon Ndigbara.

A source told Daily Sun yesterday evening that many people have been killed in the on-going gun duel in the area.

The source further added that Bori is now a ghost town, as soldiers have taken over the place regarded as the traditional headquarters of Ogoni people.

About five persons are now feared dead, arising from the raid of the home of former militant leader, Solomon Ndigbara (also known as Osama Bin Laden), on Monday night in Yeghe community, in Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers State.

A pregnant woman, from Yeghe, who was said to have fallen headlong when the shooting started, was one of the victims.

It was gathered that apart from the woman, some people also died in Zaakpo and Bori, headquarters of Khana local government.

Ndigbara, who briefed newsmen in Port Harcourt, yesterday, through his media aide, Dum Nwine, accused the Federal Government of branding him a gun-runner to dent his image.

He, however, accused Senator Magnus Abe and one Barry Mpigi, of being masterminds of the attacks on him.

However, the 2 Brigade of Nigerian Army, Port Harcourt, has denied being used by any individual.

Speaking with newsmen on the heels of the shooting in Yeghe and other areas, the Commander, 2 Brigade, Brigadier General Stevenson Olabanji, said he received reports of shooting in the community.

Olabanji stated: “Around 12 noon, we received reports of some (gun) firing in Yeghe community in Gokana. Immediately, I dispatched my commanding officer to go and see what was going on in that community.

“On reaching the house of Solomon Ndigbara, who had already been declared wanted by the 2 Brigade for gunrunning, some hoodlums fired at the commanding officer. After some gun battle between our forces and militants, they were chased out from the community.

“Actually, the incident was localised mainly in Yeghe community. But, somehow, we later learnt that the hoodlums went to Bori (in Khana council) and burnt down a particular house, I think it was the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign office.

“I’ve visited the destroyed house, and have established operations ongoing there and we are actually after those who committed that crime,” he explained.

Reacting to the alleged complicity regarding the rerun elections, the army commander replied: “It is not possible. I cannot understand why anybody should accuse the army of being used by any group for their own personal interest or whatever political interest. It’s a lie and it is propaganda from the pit of hell. Nobody is being used by anybody particularly in this Brigade and I can speak for Nigerian Army in this regard. Nobody will use the Nigerian Army or our personnel to further their own selfish interest. It is a lie and propaganda against the army,” he stressed.

The 2 Brigade commander further stated that none of their personnel was killed or wounded during the incident.

Meanwhile, Senator Abe, who was alleged to be behind the earlier attack in Yeghe, has expressed concern over the spate of insecurity and desperation of some politicians in the state.

Abe, in an interview with Daily Sun yesterday, said his life was in danger, adding that the recent attack at his campaign liaison office in Bori will not deter him for ‘fighting’ for the liberation of the state.

He pointed out that it was sad that since 2015 general election, none of the perpetrators indicted in the political killings in the state, has been prosecuted.

“Nobody has reprimanded them; nobody has been questioned so far. The same rhetoric has started flying again.

“I have been saying since, that we are not safe in the state. But, people do not really understand what we have been saying.”

The APC candidate for Rivers South-East Senatorial District forthcoming rerun election swore he had never attended any meeting where state of emergency for Rivers State was discussed, as alleged by the state governor.

“I have never attended any meeting where the issue of state of emergency for Rivers State was discussed. I have never imagined that in my life. I don’t know why the governor should say that.”

He further urged his supporters to remain calm and be law-abiding in the face of the provocation.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/shooting-continues-in-rivers/

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by HungerBAD: 4:08am On Feb 24, 2016
Following.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by eyesofgod: 4:21am On Feb 24, 2016
By the rivers of Wike lies so much violence and grief.
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Leobrain(m): 5:50am On Feb 24, 2016
SegunAdewole:
Seems Ogoni people have now woken up and taken their destiny in their hands. Send all those uniformed animals to hell since they will shoot you anyway, armed or unarmed. It's better you face them armed. Kill the sunni army basterds!
Judging from your statement, it seems like you dropped out from school while in JSS2.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by mrvitalis(m): 7:04am On Feb 24, 2016
Who ever is not in total support of the military operations in Rivers State is worst that the devil... . Fact

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Redoil: 7:16am On Feb 24, 2016
Ameachi and his commander of apc evil minions want to win majority seat in the forth coming election so as to impeach wike. Apc power to the devil.

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Pidggin(f): 7:28am On Feb 24, 2016
It seems some people are trying to cause anarchy in Rivers state so that they can have another reason to postpone the state assembly election once again? Still wondering why I NEC postponed it prior to this, when there was no obvious threat.

Hope APC's quest for oil state will not destroy this country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 24, 2016
I don't usually have pity WHEN the news is coming from regions apart from SW and NOTHERN part of Nigeria..

But am having pity on the innocent life lost in this clash cause the news is coming from the SS.. Yes I mean from SS the feeder of Nigeria economy.

------Not the chest beater from SE IPOB-----

Militants are not different from Terrorist like Boko Haram.

Boko haram kills with gun and other instrument but Militants kills scores by damaging the economy of the nation whereby causing some people to starve to death.
__________________________ ______________________________

Please all the chest beaters on Nairaland, you can never fight with Nigeria army and win..

Army are not POLICE.. They are trained to kill. If they kill all rivers state today(I pray not so), only their commander will face panel.. Even not in the presence of bloody civilian..

If any group call themselves militants and start fighting in the name of fighting for your right and you are supporting them,, then you are committing SUICIDE directly or indirectly..

RIP TO THE DEAD and more will still come if the Militants don't cease fire and help the INNOCENT life.

Quote me and insult me ( and see how God will downgrade your life ). THANKS

1 Like

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Tokt: 7:35am On Feb 24, 2016
We actually need more of such raids here in Rivers. WIkes touts and cultists are causing serious havoc

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by cckris: 8:07am On Feb 24, 2016
The Commissioner of Police is the right person to speak on matters like this, not a General.
That an Army General deploys troops into a fire fight indicates he is authorised by Army Headquarters in Abuja.
SURPRISE !
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 24, 2016
cckris:
The Commissioner of Police is the right person to speak on matters like this, not a General.
That an Army General deploys troops into a fire fight indicates he is authorised by Army Headquarters in Abuja.
SURPRISE !
[b]
[size=13pt]It is unfortunate when neophyte and children like you goes to the internet to write rubbish due to the availability of 3g network on tecno phones. Son, may I take this little opportunity to school you on security issues. Before then, will you please tell me where you were when your master unleashed soldiers in Rivers state in 2013-15? Will you please tell me where you were when the Outoke drunkard unleash drunken soldiers in Lagos state even serving as security to OPC? I presume you were still running around the house in your under-wears. Now back to the point.

When there is a clear breakdown of law and order the army will be invited to take over, this has happened in the past and this will not be the first time! In case you were still small, please ask your parents and thank me later. In Rivers state, especially Bori, there is total breakdown of law and order. You have to be extremely careful anytime you are passing the Eleme round about anytime as from 7pm - that is the plain truth. If you don't know. Eleme is one of the many routes to Ogoni land.

You claim the police should be the spokesperson for this operation! I cannot but wonder at the level of your intelligence and comprehension. So army will go on an operation and the spokesperson will be a policeman? I pity the future of Nigeria, and you are one of the future generation? What a pity?

If you know the number of lives lost in Rivers state in the last 30 days, you will not come and write the rubbish that army came to put off fire.

Lastly, may I add that, Rivers East senatorial district is probably giving your paymaster Wike and cohorts sleepless night, that is why he (Wike) is back in his old self or arming touts to win election for PDP. The game is clear, Wike is jittery because the ultimate plan will be for Magnus Abe to contest for Rivers governorship election in 2019.

Please dont stay in Lagos and write rubbish about Rivers state[/b]

[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by barikay: 8:26am On Feb 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by abagoro(m): 8:27am On Feb 24, 2016
During Jonathan militants did what they liked but with a General in power try nonsense and your area becomes war zone. Every community habouring militants should chase them away to avoid collateral damage. Since America is in support of Buhari then civilian casualties are but collateral damage while the militants become terrorists.

5 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by abagoro(m): 8:30am On Feb 24, 2016
barikay:
This news is bias. The military were on a mission to render political opponent handicapped. They first storm yeghe destroying the ndigbara house because he is in PDP. The military use bulldozer to bring down the house and killed .
Others that follows are appraisal attack on magnus campaign office. I didn't see all that in the news

So you just admitted a militant is in PDP. The Governor has openly said he supported and authorised the raid and Ndigbara cannot be more PDP than Wike.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/02/23/military-operations-in-khana-gokana-lgas-have-my-full-backing-wike/

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Truckpusher(m): 8:43am On Feb 24, 2016
Tokt:
We actually need more of such raids here in Rivers. WIkes touts and cultists are causing serious havoc
You're obviously deluded for thinking that your Olodo General and his evil party men can have Rivers State through the back door.

I was waiting for you to commit suicide after the Supreme Court gave you that shocker that everyone can't be intimidated by the dulapo of a President. When are you going to be more active in your state and regional politics and leave Rivers State alone ?
PDP is Rivers State and Rivers State is PDP - You an go hang yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Tokt: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2016
Truckpusher:
You're obviously deluded for thinking that your Olodo General and his evil party men can have Rivers State through the back door.

I was waiting for you to commit suicide after the Supreme Court gave you that shocker that everyone can't be intimidated by the dulapo of a President. When are you going to be more active in your state and regional politics and leave Rivers State alone ?

Was that the way members of ur household committed suicide when we chased Jonah-daft away from aso rock? This isn't about politics but mere criminal activities by wike thugs and cultist motivated crimes and nothing more. Nothing will stop the military to continue to wipe off these arseholes. U Av nothing to fear if u aren't a criminal also afterall no raid in Dline because criminals hasn't use the place for hideout. grin
Jeez, everything is politics to u. Ask wike to wake up.

4 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by comos: 8:58am On Feb 24, 2016
JayJohnson:

[b]
[size=13pt]It is unfortunate when neophyte and children like you goes to the internet to write rubbish due to the availability of 3g network on tecno phones. Son, may I take this little opportunity to school you on security issues. Before then, will you please tell me where you were when your master unleashed soldiers in Rivers state in 2013-15? Will you please tell me where you were when the Outoke drunkard unleash drunken soldiers in Lagos state even serving as security to OPC? I presume you were still running around the house in your under-wears. Now back to the point.

When there is a clear breakdown of law and order the army will be invited to take over, this has happened in the past and this will not be the first time! In case you were still small, please ask your parents and thank me later. In Rivers state, especially Bori, there is total breakdown of law and order. You have to be extremely careful anytime you are passing the Eleme round about anytime as from 7pm - that is the plain truth. If you don't know. Eleme is one of the many routes to Ogoni land.

You claim the police should be the spokesperson for this operation! I cannot but wonder at the level of your intelligence and comprehension. So army will go on an operation and the spokesperson will be a policeman? I pity the future of Nigeria, and you are one of the future generation? What a pity?

If you know the number of lives lost in Rivers state in the last 30 days, you will not come and write the rubbish that army came to put off fire.

Lastly, may I add that, Rivers East senatorial district is probably giving your paymaster Wike and cohorts sleepless night, that is why he (Wike) is back in his old self or arming touts to win election for PDP. The game is clear, Wike is jittery because the ultimate plan will be for Magnus Abe to contest for Rivers governorship election in 2019.

[/size]

Magnus Abe can not force himself on the people of River state,

come march 19 election day, we will reject him totally

2 Likes

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by joeprince23(m): 9:08am On Feb 24, 2016
I am speaking as someone from rivers south-east senatorial zone,WE say NO To SINator magnus mgbe abe!!!! We are tired of this cultist,there is a better ogoni man(khana,gokana,tai) or igbo man(oyigbo) to lead us!!!! Infact oyigbo-eleme-tai federal constituency should follow suit

1 Like

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by cckris: 9:55am On Feb 24, 2016
JayJohnson:

[size=13pt]
When there is a clear breakdown of law and order the army will be invited to take over,

. In Rivers state, especially Bori, there is total breakdown of law and order. You have to be extremely careful anytime you are passing the Eleme round about anytime as from 7pm - that is the plain truth. If you don't know. Eleme is one of the many routes to Ogoni

[/size]

So the tension is at Eleme Junction. That's on the highway between Aba & PH. But traffic has been flowing day and night, unhindered.
It appears, from your accounts, that you're TRYING HARD to create an atmosphere of a breakdown of law & order, out of your mind only, as there's no NEWS of such, & you haven't uploaded pictures considering that you're using a smart phone for your propaganda. Do you work with, or, for Alhaji Liar Mohammed?

1 Like

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Justiyke4u: 10:18am On Feb 24, 2016
Lives being wasted
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
cckris:

So the tension is at Eleme Junction. That's on the highway between Aba & PH. But traffic has been flowing day and night, unhindered.
It appears, from your accounts, that you're TRYING HARD to create an atmosphere of a breakdown of law & order, out of your mind only, as there's no NEWS of such, & you haven't uploaded pictures considering that you're using a smart phone for your propaganda. Do you work with, or, for Alhaji Liar Mohammed?
[size=15pt]
You are learning fast boy, trying to distort facts like your PDP warlords, but where are they now- they have been sacked by APC, drinking ogogoro in their various hamlets. I dont argue with chicken boys, but with intellectuals
[/size]
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Omenkata: 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
[s]
Leobrain:
Judging from your statement, it seems like you dropped at from school while in JSS2.
[/s]
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Omenkata: 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
Truckpusher:

10 sweet prostitutes for you bro cool
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Omenkata: 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
[s]
Tokt:

Was that the way members of ur household committed suicide when we chased Jonah-daft away from aso rock? This isn't about politics but mere criminal activities by wike thugs and cultist motivated crimes and nothing more. Nothing will stop the military to continue to wipe off these arseholes. U Av nothing to fear if u aren't a criminal also afterall no raid in Dline because criminals hasn't use the place for hideout. grin
Jeez, everything is politics to u. Ask wike to wake up.
[/s]
shatap there and get out
keep licking your wound till infinity
sore looser tongue
shameless zombies

1 Like

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by princeabbason1(m): 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
JayJohnson:

[b]

[/size]
the way you yorubas reason I just don't get it the idiocy in what you wrote I can't stand it. Can someone remind me the duty of Dss cid and the police by what's the army doing in the city I thought their duty is to protect the territorial integrity of the nation please and please my dear we voted out GEJ out of office for sending army to lagos, according to you since we are in the Era of change we need to see difference in administration my dear the army has no business outside the border and barrack unless on statement of emergency or any necessity
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
princeabbason1:
the way you yorubas reason I just don't get it the idiocy in what you wrote I can't stand it. Can someone remind me the duty of Dss cid and the police by what's the army doing in the city I thought their duty is to protect the territorial integrity of the nation please and please my dear we voted out GEJ out of office for sending army to lagos, according to you since we are in the Era of change we need to see difference in administration my dear the army has no business outside the border and barrack unless on statement of emergency or any necessity

Another ethnic bigot and jingoist on the loose!!!

1 Like

Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by barikay: 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
abagoro:

So you just admitted a militant is in PDP. The Governor has openly said he supported and authorised the raid and Ndigbara cannot be more PDP than Wike.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/02/23/military-operations-in-khana-gokana-lgas-have-my-full-backing-wike/
Did u see anywhere I said militant is in pdp?
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by gare(f): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
JayJohnson:

[b]

[/size]

To you every other person resides in Lagos, just you alone resides in Port Harcourt, for your information Magnus Abe will never get the APC ticket in 2019, where was he when Ameachi gave it to Dakuku.

So all the lives lost was as a result of Wike being the governor of the state, there was never any breakdown of law in the area until the military invaded that area looking for the former militant leader and we know why the military came in the first place so don't come here with your half baked propaganda to tell us you know it all Only Rivers man on ground
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 25, 2016
gare:

To you every other person resides in Lagos, just you alone resides in Port Harcourt, for your information Magnus Abe will never get the APC ticket in 2019, where was he when Ameachi gave it to Dakuku.

So all the lives lost was as a result of Wike being the governor of the state, there was never any breakdown of law in the area until the military invaded that area looking for the former militant leader and we know why the military came in the first place so don't come here with your half baked propaganda to tell us you know it all Only Rivers man on ground

No need talking to children
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by gare(f): 6:54am On Feb 25, 2016
JayJohnson:

No need talking to children

Adult well done
Re: Shooting Continues In Rivers by Tokt: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
Omenkata:
[s]

shatap there and get out
keep licking your wound till infinity
sore looser tongue
shameless zombies
[/s]

Senseless

(1) (Reply)

If Nnamdi Kanu Is Killed... / 1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated" / Buhari Opinion Poll 2018 - Overwhelming Majority Voted Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.