Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Why Did God Create Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create Satan? (1091 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Create Satan? by Jezuspoa: 7:48am On Apr 12, 2013
Since God is all knowing and he must have already known that one of his angels would rebel against him, and then cause the sickness and natural disasters for his creation.
If he knew why did he ever create? Why didn't the all-powerful God destroy him?
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2013
When the devil was created, he was lucifer,not until iniquity was found in him, he became satan..now, THE ALMIGHTY ELOHIM in HIS estate, before the fall of man, have attributes that must be manifest and expressed, LOVE,KINDNESS,GOODNESS, MERCY, FATHER, COMFORTER,SALVATION AND REDEMPTION,DIVINE HOLINESS, RIGHTEOUSNESS, WISDOM and THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE...Now,these attributes and much more in HIS Perfect will as HE chooses to reveal to all HIS Creation and Creatures..must be manifest..now, For HIS CREATION to know HIM, these attributes must be expressed...we couldn't say we know HIM,if We have not come to understand HIS ways and Character, HE birthed us as Father, saved us in HIS Redemption plan...now there won't be redemption if there was no fall, neither would You understand THE WISDOM of GOD or appreciate HIM for HIS LOVE, MERCY and KINDNESS... I do hope this helps You
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2013
PastelChic: When the devil was created, he was lucifer,not until iniquity was found in him, he became satan..now, THE ALMIGHTY ELOHIM in HIS estate, before the fall of man, have attributes that must be manifest and expressed, LOVE,KINDNESS,GOODNESS, MERCY, FATHER, COMFORTER,SALVATION AND REDEMPTION,DIVINE HOLINESS, RIGHTEOUSNESS, WISDOM and THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE...Now,these attributes and much more in HIS Perfect will as HE chooses to reveal to all HIS Creation and Creatures..must be manifest..now, For HIS CREATION to know HIM, these attributes must be expressed...we couldn't say we know HIM,if We have not come to understand HIS ways and Character, HE birthed us as Father, saved us in HIS Redemption plan...now there won't be redemption if there was no fall, neither would You understand THE WISDOM of GOD or appreciate HIM for HIS LOVE, MERCY and KINDNESS... I do hope this helps You

where was iniquity? who created iniquity? so far, i have heard that iniquity itself is a sin.
Are u insinuating that God is player playing us in this world like characters in PS3?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Yooguyz: 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
my son Jez, God is a respecter of freewill which is your ability to choose between right and wrong, remember when Adam and eve commited high treason in eden he didn't hypnotize them to worship or obey him he respected their freewill. That same freewill is given to everyone irrespective of who they are demons, satan, angels e.t.c
yes when satan was created he was Jehovah's...sowie God's loyal servant, he was created to do good not until he abused his freewill and then turned out to be what he is today.
If God is then respecting the freewill of satan which he uses to do evil does it mean God is heartless?
Ans: yes he is aware of the hunger, evil, sufferings in the world today but then a time will come when all things will become new. Even satan knows that his time is short. Have i been able to answer your question?
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
Jezuspoa: Since God is all knowing and he must have already known that one of his angels would rebel against him, and then cause the sickness and natural disasters for his creation.
If he knew why did he ever create? Why didn't the all-powerful God destroy him?

I am not aware of entities called God and Satan.... They are only permission slips. But i am aware of AWARENESS and IGNORANCE.
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Jezuspoa: 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
Yooguyz: my son Jez, God is a respecter of freewill which is your ability to choose between right and wrong, remember when Adam and eve commited high treason in eden he didn't hypnotize them to worship or obey him he respected their freewill. That same freewill is given to everyone irrespective of who they are demons, satan, angels e.t.c
yes when satan was created he was Jehovah's...sowie God's loyal servant, he was created to do good not until he abused his freewill and then turned out to be what he is today.
If God is then respecting the freewill of satan which he uses to do evil does it mean God is heartless?
Ans: yes he is aware of the hunger, evil, sufferings in the world today but then a time will come when all things will become new. Even satan knows that his time is short. Have i been able to answer your question?
i appreciate your attempt to answer my question, buh does that mean God is cruel? Its just like father watching his son suffer starvation, even when he has the resources to save him, just because he feels the time isn't right.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by AtheistD(m): 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
Jezuspoa:
i appreciate your attempt to answer my question, buh does that mean God is cruel? Its just like father watching his son suffer starvation, even when he has the resources to save him, just because he feels the time isn't right.

The argument can be extended further. How can God create anything that is not perfect. How can God create a flawed world, a flawed man and flawed angels that disobey Him.

Imagine I was creating a computer programme to track your computer hardware resources. Imagine if it had an undesirable 2nd function where it gathered data and sent this data to a 3rd party unsolicited. As a creator of the programme would I not redesign or modify the programme to remove this feature? Only under 2 circumstances would this not be done:

1. I lacked the means to do this (Either technical knowledge, time or financial resources... or a collection of all 3)
2. I preferred the programme to run with this 2nd undesired function.
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by dorox(m): 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
I still remember how shocked I was some years ago when a friend of mine told me that perhaps God created evil, then my initial shock slowly turned to dismay when I realised that his argument was difficult to refute.
His argument went like this; if God is the Universal set, it follows that every subsets and their elements must exist within the universal set, nothing can exist outside it including evil.
It took me some days to reason out an answer that was satisfactory to me, which I think might also answer some of the issues raised by Atheist:-D. I have a bit of difficulty expressing complex thought in writing, but I will give this one a try later in the evening.
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by AtheistD(m): 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
dorox: I still remember how shocked I was some years ago when a friend of mine told me that perhaps God created evil, then my initial shock slowly turned to dismay when I realised that his argument was difficult to refute.
His argument went like this; if God is the Universal set, it follows that every subsets and their elements must exist within the universal set, nothing can exist outside it including evil.
It took me some days to reason out an answer that was satisfactory to me, which I think might also answer some of the issues raised by Atheist:-D. I have a bit of difficulty expressing complex thought in writing, but I will give this one a try later in the evening.

I look forward to your response smiley

Are you Christian?
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by dorox(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Are you Christian?
Yes I am.
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Are you Christian?
He is. One who doesn't turn logic on its head. Give him a chance. wink
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by AtheistD(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
dorox:
Yes I am.

Good. Plenty of juicy topics to discuss...

musKeeto:
He is. One who doesn't turn logic on its head. Give him a chance. wink

I guessed as much grin
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
dorox: I still remember how shocked I was some years ago when a friend of mine told me that perhaps God created evil, then my initial shock slowly turned to dismay when I realised that his argument was difficult to refute.

Good insight. There is no denying that God also created evil.
However the evil is the result of choices we make...the concept of the devil is just a folklore/scapegoat.
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by AtheistD(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Good insight. There is no denying that God also created evil.
However the evil is the result of choices we make...the concept of the devil is just a folklore/scapegoat.

Gulp. Why didnt God just "uncreate" evil?
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by dorox(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
I will start by clarifying what I think it means for something or someone to be good or perfect as is used in the bible.
In the Genesis account of creation, you would notice that God never stopped what he was doing until it was good. Good in this sense is relative, it means being fit for purpose within a defined boundary. Take for example the gill of a fish, it is perfect for respiration in water but useless in air. Adam was created perfect, he was never to taste death for as long as he remained loyal to God, but would he have remained alive if submerged in water for extended period of time? Look no further than what happened to Jesus for your answer. Jesus was perfect just like Adam, the bible called him the last Adam, he was never sick, would not have aged and died if left alone. But when subjected to conditions beyond his design limits, he died. Only God is perfect in the absolute sense, every other usage of the word is in the relative sense.
Humans aside, the earth is perfect, it is fit for its purpose, to harbour and sustain life. True, you have earthquakes and volcanic eruptions every now and then, but without plate tectonics the earth would be lifeless. Take out the predators in the African Savannah and watch as the population of the grazers goes in overshoot with subsequent collapse of the ecosystem . Even deserts have its use in making the earth habitable.
The question is how can someone that was created perfect sin? How could the angel that later became satan sin, where did he learn his badness from if he and all around him was perfect? Where did evil come from if not from God since nothing can exist outside God.
Does God know when something is not yet good? Of course yes, how else would he be able to declare his work as complete?
Does he know when something is not true? Of course he does, otherwise it would not be impossible for him to lie.
As intelligent beings, acting as free moral agents, we naturally have an understanding of evil just like God. It is this understanding that helps us to optimize our choices. There are infinitely more ways to do something wrong than there is to do it right. What i am saying is that in other for you to know how to do something right, you will need to know when it is not right. Put in another way, God knows how to lie, Jesus as well, but they will not lie. but it is impossible for God to lie, if he did he would die and since he is immortal, he cannot lie.
I don't think i am making sense anymore as i tend to do when writing, more so, it is way past my bed time. I shall endeavour to complete my thoughts on this issue tomorrow evening, until then try not to be too hard on me. It will involve me bringing up freewill and God's omniscience and somehow tying it up with what I have written so far.
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Yooguyz: 9:31am On Apr 17, 2013
dorox: I will start by clarifying what I think it means for something or someone to be good or perfect as is used in the bible.
In the Genesis account of creation, you would notice that God never stopped what he was doing until it was good. Good in this sense is relative, it means being fit for purpose within a defined boundary. Take for example the gill of a fish, it is perfect for respiration in water but useless in air. Adam was created perfect, he was never to taste death for as long as he remained loyal to God, but would he have remained alive if submerged in water for extended period of time? Look no further than what happened to Jesus for your answer. Jesus was perfect just like Adam, the bible called him the last Adam, he was never sick, would not have aged and died if left alone. But when subjected to conditions beyond his design limits, he died. Only God is perfect in the absolute sense, every other usage of the word is in the relative sense.
Humans aside, the earth is perfect, it is fit for its purpose, to harbour and sustain life. True, you have earthquakes and volcanic eruptions every now and then, but without plate tectonics the earth would be lifeless. Take out the predators in the African Savannah and watch as the population of the grazers goes in overshoot with subsequent collapse of the ecosystem . Even deserts have its use in making the earth habitable.
The question is how can someone that was created perfect sin? How could the angel that later became satan sin, where did he learn his badness from if he and all around him was perfect? Where did evil come from if not from God since nothing can exist outside God.
Does God know when something is not yet good? Of course yes, how else would he be able to declare his work as complete?
Does he know when something is not true? Of course he does, otherwise it would not be impossible for him to lie.
As intelligent beings, acting as free moral agents, we naturally have an understanding of evil just like God. It is this understanding that helps us to optimize our choices. There are infinitely more ways to do something wrong than there is to do it right. What i am saying is that in other for you to know how to do something right, you will need to know when it is not right. Put in another way, God knows how to lie, Jesus as well, but they will not lie. but it is impossible for God to lie, if he did he would die and since he is immortal, he cannot lie.
I don't think i am making sense anymore as i tend to do when writing, more so, it is way past my bed time. I shall endeavour to complete my thoughts on this issue tomorrow evening, until then try not to be too hard on me. It will involve me bringing up freewill and God's omniscience and somehow tying it up with what I have written so far.

(1) (Reply)

What Should Be Our Utmost Priority? "That Which Is Needful". / Our Ancestors Represent Our Creator / Is Jesus Really God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.