Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Slavery In Old Israel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slavery In Old Israel (1080 Views)

Islamic Slavery In Africa / I Dreamt I Saw My Sef In Old Secondary School.. / There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Trogunn posted a link which answered plaettons foolish question, I also stumbled across extra-bibilical archaeological records that God didn't allow slaves and strangers to be insulted or brutalized in old Israel.

Archaeology confirms Gods word. The bible is also a historical and very accurate book. It is truly the word of God. Many things have been confirmed as true. Even unusual things. no archaeological finding has ever contradicted Gods word. Why then do you doubt the fact of God becoming human in Christ Jesus and justifying the world who believes?

Here it is people; culled from the source:

The deciphered text:

[…………………………………]
1' ’l t‘ś w‘bd ’[t ….…]
2' špt [‘]b[d] w’lm[n] špt yt[m]
3' [w]gr [r]b ‘ll rb [d]l w
4' ’[l]mn šqm ybd mlk
5' ’yn [w]‘bd šk gr t[mk]

[……………………………………………………]
1' you shall not do [it], but worship the [Lord].
2' Judge the [b]sla[ve]
and the wid[ow] / Judge the orph[an]
3' [and] the stranger. [Pl]ead for the infant / plead for the po[or and]
4' the widow. Rehabilitate [the poor] at the hands of the king.
5' Protect the po[or and] the slave / [supp]ort the stranger.

Source:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135432#.UouXEZt3vX4
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lol. U tro way wetin Bible talk dey post website. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lev. 25:44-46
As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
Musk, I'm tired of saying the same thing to you.
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: Musk, I'm tired of saying the same thing to you.
And I'm tired of reading your lies. The verses are clear enough, abi do I need Holy Spirit to understand them? undecided
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
aManFromMars:
And I'm tired of reading your lies. The verses are clear enough, abi do I need Holy Spirit to understand them? undecided
you need to compare scripture with scripture.

And the op is not a lie. Click on the link for pete's sake. Smh.
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: you need to compare scripture with scripture.

And the op is not a lie. Click on the link for pete's sake. Smh.
Lol. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
aManFromMars:
Lol. Keep deceiving yourself.
smh. Why? Why? Why do you constantly do this??

cry

grin grin grin
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by nnofaith: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
slavery in whatever guise or form is evil. yahweh should be ashamed of himself for supporting slavery in his "holly" book.

on behalf of our forebears who where forcefully taken from their homes, striped of their dignity,brutalized and dehumanized by slavery i say FU*K YOU yaweh!

2 Likes

Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
nnofaith: slavery in whatever guise or form is evil. yahweh should be ashamed of himself for supporting slavery in his "holly" book.

on behalf of our forebears who where forcefully taken from their homes, striped of their dignity,brutalized and dehumanized by slavery i say FU*K YOU yaweh!

oh yeah. I remember you.

PS: I've never supported slavery, never will. God allowed the israelites to actually do some things he didn't like, like divorce and choose a king while he wanted to be their king. Slavery was a normal act in those days, like having a king was.

The fore-runners of eradication of slave trade were christians btw.
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
nnofaith: slavery in whatever guise or form is evil. yahweh should be ashamed of himself for supporting slavery in his "holly" book.

one more thing, it's foolish to blame yahweh for the slavery of our forefathers.
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by macof(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: one more thing, it's foolish to blame yahweh for the slavery of our forefathers.

So who is to blame?

If the white folks could believe in an all loving God yet maltreat humans(blacks) then their God is to blame
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by nnofaith: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: one more thing, it's foolish to blame yahweh for the slavery of our forefathers.
so who is it wise to blame?
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by lanaVello1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
y'all sounding like GOD instituted slavery....i thought we'd some sound minds around here?!
slavery is a phenomenon....it goes outside christianity. everybody can't be equals...somebody must definitely serve another...jez one of nature tinz
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
nnofaith: so who is it wise to blame?
who is it wise to blame for the killing of twins? Or for the murders of abortion?
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by lanaVello1(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
btw,slavery still exists around us all...even in milder forms...that very housegal your mother/aunt/wife/sister has....that maid that does all the work around u....its jez meant to be.
somebody's gat to assist another even tho it mit b degrading!

1 Like

Re: Slavery In Old Israel by macof(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
lana_Vello: btw,slavery still exists around us all...even in milder forms...that very housegal your mother/aunt/wife/sister has....that maid that does all the work around u....its jez meant to be.
somebody's gat to assist another even tho it mit b degrading!

Yh but Yahweh not only supports the worst kind of slavery but instructs it
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
macof:

Yh but Yahweh not only supports the worst kind of slavery but instructs it
what kind?
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 20, 2013
What kind of silly thread is this?

So now, a christian called Joshthefirst discards the bible for a website.....Jesus christ! Biblical slavery in the bible doesnt exist because a website said something about God?
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by nnofaith: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: oh yeah. I remember you.

PS: I've never supported slavery, never will. God allowed the israelites to actually do some things he didn't like, like divorce and choose a king while he wanted to be their king. Slavery was a normal act in those days, like having a king was.

The fore-runners of eradication of slave trade were christians btw.

it is very clear you have no idea what slavery is. stop reading your bible with the guidiance of the holy spirit (whatever that means). Get yourself some history text books.

1 Like

Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh. Why? Why? Why do you constantly do this??

cry

grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Fail thread of the year...
smiley
Re: Slavery In Old Israel by Joshthefirst(m): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2013
^^

No actually. The thread has served its purpose. As an extra bibilical support showing that slave brutalization was curbed in old israel.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage-undefilement. / Hypocrisy Alert!: Are You Angry With Kemi Olunloyo For Her Comment On Adeboye? / For The Catholics..you Idle Worshipers Not God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.