Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze (44420 Views)

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal / Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) / The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by chukz4real(m): 11:10am On Apr 07, 2008
Nde ibem, ekene go mu osa unu ncha oooooooooo
Mme nwa nna du unu dini Port Harcourt ne weli uku ni ekam na chalu ife me li.

My dear good people of Ndokwa West/East, Ukwuani LGA, lets know each other here. Though am partly Urhobo and Ukwuani, born and buttered grew up in Ndokwa land and speaks Ukwuan real nice.

Please do state ur town and LGA

Mine is Emu Kingdom, Ndokwa West Local Government Area of Delta State

Ndokwa Kenu, Ukwuani Kenu, Osa onu na su nua kwezu enu ooooooooooooooooooooo!, Ukwuani bu ani eze

Ibu onye Ndokwa, Ndoni, Aniocha; osa onu na su nua, osa anyi bu ofu ooooo [elenu ku Late Prince Smart William kuni ni ebu aya ke okponi "Ndokwa ba ma mma!"

1 Like

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2008
which kain Igbo be this tongue
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Ikomi(m): 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2008
nwando:

which kain Igbo be this tongue

Ike Gwuru.  undecided

Odim ka owu Ikwere.  undecided. Actually its one of those L.G.A's in Rivers state, near Andoni, Ukwa East/West and Ogbia-Egbema.

Infact Ike those people gwuru. undecided
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2008
Yoruba Yoruba di kwa n'Igbo? lipsrsealed
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Ikomi(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2008
Owu nke nta. Odika one old woman ngbe nbi na PH. Ngawa oru osim "Mekaaa oooh", which means "ruo nke oma ohhhhhh".

So I took to telling the woman Mekaaa ooohhhhh before she says it, ka owuru 1-1, amagim ma owu nmuo ka ona atum. Untill I realised that she meant "ruo nke oma ohhhh".

Makaaa ohhh wu okwu Ikwere.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2008
ROFL.
so the woman gave you mekaa,you giam back mekaa.
Chei,Ikomi you no go kill me with laughter.

Have you heard Afikpo people speak.
Ukwuani and Ikwerre Igbo/Igboid is easy compared to theirs.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Ikomi(m): 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2008
I have'nt heard them speak.

Igbo in my early years I learnt all from my Mum and Dad, the intrest really came from how easy they could make me laugh with it, so I had to learn more by going to community meetings with them.

Then I really had to go to the village to live for a whole year to understand more.

So to be honest I dont really know many of the villages, I just flow, and try to get by. cheesy
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Ikomi(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2008
Actually I think there Mekaa comes from Emeka, like Ime kaaa.

You know they say the Ikwere's are descedant's of ndi Arochukwu. Arochukwu another case entirely. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by presido1: 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2008
Ikomi:

You know they say the Ikwere's are descedant's of ndi Arochukwu. Arochukwu another case entirely. undecided
Don't let ifyalways read this line.
Ikomi mekaaaaah oooohhhh. grin grin grin
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by ifyalways(f): 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2008
Ikomi:

Actually I think there Mekaa comes from Emeka, like Ime kaaa.

o nweghi ihe oke ga eme akpa osikapa. Ikomi no okwu 4 ugbu a grin i dikwa sure na ndi Ikwere si na ala Aro puta?uhm. . .prove or verify again.

@Pres a dighim supri anya azu.Egwu ima ama agba kemgbe bunu enyemaka ngwa cheesy

@Topic,Ukwani meka oooh.o nwelo ife dika egwu unu.o puru iche n'ala igbo.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by cutensexxy(f): 3:19am On Apr 24, 2008
@chukz4real

my man is kwale, he speaks little ukwani, mostly yoruba since he grew up in lagos, can you explain to me more about this tribe? he told me hes not igbo hes kwale, but i heard the langauge sounds similar to igbo, is this true? i heard of some of the characteristics of yoruba, hausa and igbo, what about men from the north part of delta state?
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Mortiple(m): 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2008
cutensexxy:

@chukz4real
he told me hes not igbo hes kwale, but i heard the langauge sounds similar to igbo, is this true?

grin grin grin

What is your guys native name? I imagine he has an Igbo name.
"They are not Igbo." Accepted (no contest).
Please ask them, for goodness sake, to stop bearing Igbo names! Stop speaking (Igbo) language (dialect is immaterial). Better still, they should 'invent' a language distinct from Igbo.

Funny enough Ukwu-ani seems to be an Igbo word.

Ukwuani Youths - odu-urie!
Ukwuani Elders - ajee!
High Chief - Odogwu abii!

1 Like

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by oziomatv(m): 6:58pm On May 05, 2008
Nna ndia ha na asu awusa - igbo ebea?
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by grafikdon: 10:16pm On May 05, 2008
It's really a mystery to me. It makes me picture somebody who goes by the name Adisa Ekundayo (With parents known as Chief and Mrs Bayo Ekundayo) speaks fluent Yoruba but tells you (vehemently) he is not not Yoruba but rather he's 'Ola' Somebody gotta explain this thing to me, because I simply don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by OsunAmazon: 3:56am On May 06, 2008
It's really a mystery to me. It makes me picture somebody who goes by the name Adisa Ekundayo (With parents known as Chief and Mrs Bayo Ekundayo) speaks fluent Yoruba but tells you (vehemently) he is not not Yoruba but rather he's 'Ola' Somebody gotta explain this thing to me, because I simply don't get it.

Are we no more allowed to choose anything or tribe we want to call ourselves irrespective of the language we speak. Some people from Kwara speak and have yoruba names but will always deny they are yorubas. Why not let them be afterall it's their individual right.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by grafikdon: 6:25am On May 06, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Are we no more allowed to choose anything or tribe we want to call ourselves irrespective of the language we speak. Some people from Kwara speak and have yoruba names but will always deny they are yorubas. Why not let them be afterall it's their individual right.

Who said anything about 'not letting them be? Is there anywhere in my post where I said they have 'no right' to change their ethnic group? The bottom line is, I don't get it. . . is that very difficult. Oh your people from Kwara analogy couldn't hold more water than a ripped basket. Go read your history and come back with a more appropriate example. smiley
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by imiaimia: 4:28pm On May 19, 2008
grafikdon:

Just like a person named Tosan Adeola saying he's Itsekiri, not Yoruba cheesy
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by spankysid: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2008
i am an ukwuani man but living in atlanta. a geological consultant working on nasa projects ( Mars landers, and rover ) with Jet propulsion lab in pasedena CA.
It good to see those pic comming from mars.

make una holla.

sydney
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by romeo(m): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
spankysid:

i am an ukwuani man but living in atlanta. a geological consultant working on nasa projects ( Mars landers, and rover ) with Jet propulsion lab in pasedena CA.
It good to see those pic comming from mars.

make una holla.

sydney

I didn't know that Nasa accept Mumus

1 Like

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by udezue(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2008
lol @ Romeo. Cheiiiii e-destruction na dis one oooo.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by spankysid: 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2008
Romeo,
Na wao. This is why our country keeps moving backward everyday that goes by. For your info I am not mumu like you said in your posting. I am a hard working Nigeria that one day hope to bring back home technology acquired here at NASA project.

May God have mercy on you.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by romeo(m): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2008
I would like to see you in technology section of this site more often wink

Or is selling cars part of Nasa project?
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by spankysid: 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2008
Yes I sell cars too. as its not common to make money at your own spare time. I guess you are a refugee in spain pick tomatoes there when you are suppose to contribute to nigeria greatness,
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by romeo(m): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2008
spankysid:

Yes I sell cars too. as its not common to make money at your own spare time. I guess you are a refugee in spain pick tomatoes there when you are suppose to contribute to nigeria greatness,

Ewu!!! with the money realised from picking tomatoes i can buy all your miserable cars on sale. JJC

I didn't know that "NASA" workers are so dumb!!

Nasa = Berger in Lagos where cars are sold cheesy
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by spankysid: 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2008
Na You be Ewu, your father is a goat and ya mama is is a prostutute. a refugee in spain. i guess you are frustrated in spain and cant go home . dont worry dem soon catch you and deport you with handcuffs to Naija. you forget say na -spain you dey. try disclose where you dey for spain and i go make sure your ass will be in Lagos ( Alagbon Close for processing in one month.)
that time you start reaching out to all the nairaland to help you get back to Europe.

Ewu. Anu Ofia. keep spending your time on stupid stuff. That weed you dey smoke dey make you crazy already. na crack go be the next.

I wish you the best.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by spankysid: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2008
I am going to work extra hard to get your IP address and know where you are sending thiose info from. i dont give a Bleep if you dey one cyber cafe for naija. you go hear from me technolgically. You wan try me.I go send you some trijan, cookies soon and any computer you dey use i go make sure say you will be in deep trouble.

You fired the first shot and i am going to reply.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by romeo(m): 12:17am On Jul 20, 2008
spankysid:

Na You be Ewu, your father is a goat and ya mama is is a prostutute. a refugee in spain. i guess you are frustrated in spain and can't go home . don't worry them soon catch you and deport you with handcuffs to Naija. you forget say na -spain you dey. try disclose where you dey for spain and i go make sure your ass will be in Lagos ( Alagbon Close for processing in one month.)
that time you start reaching out to all the nairaland to help you get back to Europe.

Ewu. Anu Ofia. keep spending your time on stupid stuff. That weed you dey smoke dey make you crazy already. na crack go be the next.

I wish you the best.

What has my parents got to do with this? angry angry

spankysid:

I am going to work extra hard to get your IP address and know where you are sending thiose info from. i don't give a mess if you dey one cyber cafe for naija. you go hear from me technolgically. You wan try me.I go send you some trijan, cookies soon and any computer you dey use i go make sure say you will be in deep trouble.

You fired the first shot and i am going to reply.

Hhahahahahha My God, what a dolt!!! Onukwu! Go back to Alaba international where you probably belong as Boi Boi
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by spankysid: 12:39am On Jul 20, 2008
Romeo, You be the greatest fool i know. thank GodYou are not an ukwuani man. I got the IP address already. i go send otumokpor to that computer and i will send the info to you local spanish intelligence for there. I go log on to the system and take it over and you go see wetin i fit do. na me you dey call mumu.
I go show you online.

I will use what ever i have to fight you and thats technology. the fight has started even seun the adminstrator cant save you here.

i am officially going to report you to the administrator on your activities online for the site.

eke ne fiayafuyefor.
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by udezue(m): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2008
Ukwuani ppl bu Ndi Igbo. They are bonafide Igbos west of the Niger river. My blood cousins are from Asaba town in Anioma, Delta state and some from Rivers.
I understood what the guy wrote which is Igbo but of course I had a lil trouble with some words coz he is using pure Ukwuani dialect just like I could hardly understand Bende dialect until I took time to learn it. I am from Awka town and I can tell u there are some words that I cannot understand because I am not fluent in Awka dialect. My sister sometimes translates some Awka words for me. I grew up in Enugu town not Awka but I try to mix my Igbo up with different dialects, Ikwerre, Owerri, Awka, Arochukwu (my mom's ppl), Onitsha, Asaba, etc so sometimes fellow Igbos can't tell where I'm from. Some even think I am from Owerri but the truth is that I have only been to Owerri once as a baby.

If u say u are not Igbo fine please drop our Igbo names u stupid useless fake Igbo by convenience. It seems like u are still suffering from the horrors of the Biafra war.

Itsekiri and Yoruba ppl are practically the same people. I have an Itsekiri friend and Itsekiri is practically Yoruba. Same words same meaning. The word Itsekiri is pronounced "ISHEKIRI". The Yoruba name Sade is pronounced "Shade". Itsekiri ppl even attend Afenifere meetings. They are very smart in trying integrate their people with their larger cousins the Yorubas coz they are a majority and in Naija politics of numbers matters. The last time Ijaws messed with the Itsekiri Yoruba OPC came to their rescue.

Western, Eastern, Southern and Northern Igbos should learn from them.

Anyways Ndu Ukwuani ekelekwem unu ooo. Ukwuani kwezuonu, Rienu, Nwuonu. Umu Igbo nine na Rivers, Imo, Abia, Anambra, Delta, Edo, kwezuo nu. Ude diri ununcha. Chukwu, Obasi, Abasi, Chineke, gozie unu.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by romeo(m): 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2008
spankysid:

Romeo, You be the greatest fool i know. thank GodYou are not an ukwuani man. I got the IP address already. i go send otumokpor to that computer and i will send the info to you local spanish intelligence for there. I go log on to the system and take it over and you go see wetin i fit do. na me you dey call mumu.
I go show you online.

I will use what ever i have to fight you and thats technology. the fight has started even seun the adminstrator can't save you here.

i am officially going to report you to the administrator on your activities online for the site.

eke ne fiayafuyefor.

The funniest NASA "saientis" (scientist) cheesy cheesy. EWUUUUU!!! Your village must be missing their favourite fool in your absence
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2008
@ romeo

wat's ur problem.can u tell us how this guy has done u wrong, abi na just bad belle, if u dont kno wat 2 rite then dont rite anything.just read, bro abeg leave that low life scum bag,,do not bring urself down to his level. where r u from in ukwani,my mother is from ukwani,we r based in europe, weldone guy's
Re: The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze by spankysid: 1:01am On Jul 21, 2008
Euro million, thanks for the advice. I think he is a frustrated man that cant make it like his colleagues overseas. instead of networking with others on this platforms to seek a way out, he tend to vent his anger on me. Silence is golden and thats the way to go.

I got his IP address and like i promised him i will take it over and do so much damage and notify the the authorities there. I am not joking. as a Nigerian, they will not even look at him very well before he sees himself in Naija.I wont talk to him no more but after sometime he will be threading from Naija.
Where in Europe are u? as for me, i am from Utagba-Uno. but lives in Atlanta. here I work as a Geological consultant for a Defence contractor on NASA project in Jet Propulsion lab in Pasedena CA. The job takes me there every week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ado Bayero’s Son Set To Wed,Checkout His Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.