Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi (8507 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Rotimi Amaechi In His APC-Customised Reflective Sunglasses (Photo) / Breaking: Bagudu Wins APC Guber Ticket 24 Hours After Leaving PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 12, 2013
I'll not Leave PDP- Amaechi

By BEN AGANDE

ABUJA — Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, yesterday, debunked rumours that he will leave the People Democratic Party, PDP, for opposition party, saying the PDP is the only political party with national spread.

Speaking with newsmen after a meeting with Vice President Namadi Sambo at the Presidential Villa, Governor Amaechi also deniednewspaper report that he had bought jets and helicopters preparatory to launch his presidential campaign for 2015.
Speaking on the rumour that he was set to leave the PDP, Governor Amaechi said “I am still in the PDP.I am a member of the PDP. PDP is the only national party in the country for now. Why will one want to leave a national party and go to another party?” he queried.

Speaking on the allegation that he had bought jets and helicopters for his 2015 presidential campaign, Governor Amaechi dismissed the report as mischief.

He said: “Why do you want to make that newspaper popular? It is a paper that does not sell beyond Abuja.

“The truth is that, and the Federal Government is aware, they gave us approval to buy two helicopters to fly around Rivers State for the purpose of security and we have done that, we bought and we paid.

“Up till now, they have not allowedthe helicopter to come in. Maybe they are afraid that it is for 2015. Please help us beg them on behalf of Rivers State that we need the aircraft to be able to secure the people of the state.

“Again, it is not within our control, it is in the control of the Nigerian AirForce. Although we will hire a civilian pilot but Nigerian security will manage it, not us.

“How will you use what is in the hands of Nigerian security to campaign? You see the mischief? The helicopter is to ensure that Rivers State is under watch for 24 hours. It has cameras, so if somebody is committing a crime, we are seeing it”.

“The monitors are in the office of the Brigade Commander, office of the State director of DSS, office of the governor, office of the commissioner of police. So for Christ sake, tell me how you will use it for campaign.

“You can see a lot of mischief. As usual, people will try to dent your image to show that this man is not as transparent as he claims after all. We have argued about the first aircraft we bought, that is no longera story. We did not buy two jets,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/i-ll-not-leave-pdp-amaechi/

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Dracula27: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2013
Finally i don join the first to comment cartel.
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2013
Dracula27%:
Finally i don join the first to comment cartel.
grin grin grin
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by dridowu: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2013
Am not leaving nairaland

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by ah659: 10:44am On Apr 12, 2013
It makes no difference whether he stays or go. The PDP party is finished. Nigerians now realise that any other party will be better.

4 Likes

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Ijawboi(m): 10:44am On Apr 12, 2013
Who cares.. 5th or 6th to comment joor
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Ijawboi(m): 10:45am On Apr 12, 2013
Who cares?.. 5th or 6th to comment joor
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by samtheman: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2013
story, even my primary 3 boy knows you are leaving pdp for good. even if you did not leave they will certainly leave you. the earlier the better.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by kennyonthrone(m): 10:50am On Apr 12, 2013
I ve heard nxt plz
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by MMM2(m): 10:51am On Apr 12, 2013
Dis space is for sale
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by BarryX(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2013
Don't mind him i know from a reliable source, he will leave when the time is right. No kidding
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by glen87: 10:54am On Apr 12, 2013
Will Amaechi ever win a presidential election? I pity Amaechi cos in SS now he's very much alone. He has been brainwashed by fulani with fura de nunu. I pity you if GEJ wins in 2015 cos you will definitely join IBoribori yonder

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by bigfat08: 10:55am On Apr 12, 2013
[size=15pt]VERY GOOD but why?[/size]

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by lyricalpontiff(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2013
Ameach will destroy GEJ when it comes to politics... Pipo don't even know who Ameachi is,let's see how it will play out sha. Rivers pipo are behind Ameachi

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by vlove1: 10:58am On Apr 12, 2013
lyricalpontiff: Ameach will destroy GEJ when it comes to politics... Pipo don't even know who Ameachi is,let's see how it will play out sha. Rivers pipo are behind Ameachi

ABEG SPEAK FOR URSELF

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by vlove1: 11:03am On Apr 12, 2013
How can anyone say say Amechi is a beta politican

See what Patience did to him,
We Rivers people definitely want a change dont care if it PDP,broomstick party or elephant.

WE WANT A CHANGE AMAECHI HAS BOUGHT UNTOLD HARDSHIP TO RIVERS PEOPLE WITH HIS GREEDY WIFE

3 Likes

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by glen87: 11:03am On Apr 12, 2013
lyricalpontiff: Ameach will destroy GEJ when it comes to politics... Pipo don't even know who Ameachi is,let's see how it will play out sha. Rivers pipo are behind Ameachi
which Rivers people Amachi can never get a million vote if he ever want to contest the presidency. Who know him beyond the shores of Rivers state? Don't forget that our brodas the Igbos must have the 50% of all the votes cast in the presidential election. Notin will ever make the Igbos vote against GEJ. CAN get ready to loose Lagos come 2015

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by miqos02(m): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2013
ok
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by lyricalpontiff(m): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2013
glen87: Will Amaechi ever win a presidential election? I pity Amaechi cos in SS now he's very much alone. He has been brainwashed by fulani with fura de nunu. I pity you if GEJ wins in 2015 cos you will definitely join IBoribori yonder

Ameachi went through worse torment when he was speaker in d hands of Obasanjo,he overcame...who is Jonathan I dey laff
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2013
Hahahahaaha Highly laughable.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by iamswizz(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2013
-
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by maximum007(m): 11:10am On Apr 12, 2013
Who want comot you for PDP? Them no fit jare.

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by adim2(m): 11:11am On Apr 12, 2013
If he is not leaving pdp wetin be my business? Na him be the job wey dem go provide for the unemployed youth? If he leaves his money rate will reduce so why i go dey drink panadol for Amechi's headache
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Symphony007: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2013
glen87: which Rivers people Amachi can never get a million vote if he ever want to contest the presidency. Who know him beyond the shores of Rivers state? Don't forget that our brodas the Igbos must have the 50% of all the votes cast in the presidential election. Notin will ever make the Igbos vote against GEJ. CAN get ready to loose Lagos come 2015
who knew jonathan before he became vice president and then president? I'm sure he's still in awe at how he skyrocketed to the top, that's nigerian politics for you. A circus!! And like it or not, rotimi has mastered the art of politics, that is why jonathan is being forced though i does'nt like him to pacify ameachi and keep him within the PDP fold.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2013
The reason that PDP will continue winning the presidential election is because it is a National Party unlike others that were formed with tribal sentiments. I can bet you that there are some people who don't even know about ACN or CPC or APGA but they all identify where the Umbrella Symbol is located that is PDP and the reason is PDP knows how to do ground work than rattling online. Ground Work pays well during election but online rattling will gain you only few votes that's the fact in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by lyricalpontiff(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2013
Who knew GEJ b4 he bcame 4 VP,u pipo just say any rubbish that comes out of ur mouths...GEJ grew up in PH still yet der is no federal presence in Rivers state since 1999 till now. Ameachi is not perfect sha but even b4 his beef with GEJ was open he has been speaking out against the mediocity of the federal government. Like I said b4,we shall c who will laff last.
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Baro(m): 11:27am On Apr 12, 2013
Speaking on the rumour that he was set to leave the PDP, Governor Amaechi said “I am still in the PDP.I am a member of the PDP. PDP is the only national party in the country for now. Why will one want to leave a national party and go to another party?” he queried.

Read the bolded, you will see it's a smart conditional statement, and i think the topic should reflect same; i.e I AM NOT LEAVING PDP FOR NOW. He kind of tied his membership of PDP to it's 'exclusive' national coverage, so what happens when another national party emerges, did i hear you say APC? Your guess is as good as mine.

3 Likes

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by DukeNija(m): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2013
I'd rather we have PDP in Aso rock come 2015 than any other foo.lish after thought Opposition Party.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 12, 2013
Are u interested in making money online thru sport betting..mail me @ okoya.monsuru@yahoo.com
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by talk2s(m): 11:47am On Apr 12, 2013
If he leaves to test the waters of the unknown, unsure and the-hurriedly-put-together Opposition merger, he does that at his own peril! He stays back in PDP to mend old fences and appeased the leaders of the party whom he has largely disregarded, he's still taking a risk. Whether he leaves or not, Rivers State must develop, South South must develop, NIGERIA must move forward.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by liyalla(m): 11:49am On Apr 12, 2013
following the "Nairaland picture on evrything season" plz we want pictures to back up all dis planty write-up abeg
Re: Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi by ckkris: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
lyricalpontiff: Who knew GEJ b4 he bcame 4 VP,u pipo just say any rubbish that comes out of ur mouths...GEJ grew up in PH still yet der is no federal presence in Rivers state since 1999 till now. Ameachi is not perfect sha but even b4 his beef with GEJ was open he has been speaking out against the mediocity of the federal government. Like I said b4,we shall c who will laff last.
South-south will vote Jona 80%, South-east 95%, South-west 50%, Middle-belt 70%, North-east and west 30%. You can now laugh yourself to your level. Fee Dee Fee.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

TRIBE: So This Is What Tribal Marks Look Like, Opinions Please (GRAPHIC IMAGE) / Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? / North Korea Warns Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.