Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? (8504 Views)

Poll: Who Is?

Goodluck Jonathan: 55% (142 votes)
Super Eagles & co: 12% (33 votes)
PHCN: 17% (45 votes)
Nigerian Police force: 14% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Dissapointment Of 2012? / Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests / The Problem With Nigeria Is Nigerians - Bad Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by tyson55(m): 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2011
Q).Which of these is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment?,

a).Goodluck Jonathan

b).Super Eagles &co.

c).PHCN{nepa}

d).NEtworks{mtn,GLo&co}

e).Nigerian Police force

Please state your reason(s)
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by silverstud: 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2011
I will say Nigerian Leadership has been a disappointment. Leadership Matters and i most say that we have been lacking in visionary and creative leadership since the 1960's. Goodluck Jonathan is still in the early stages of his presidency, so i wil give him a benefit of doubt. The system was has been rotten for sometime now, i do not expect him to fix it in a year. Although, i believe he has started badly, i hope he improves.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Demdem(m): 9:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
tyson55:

a).Goodluck Jonathan

b).Super EaGles&co.

c).PHCN{nepa}

d).NEtworks{mtn,GLo&co}

e).Nigerian POlice fOrce

GEJ - nah not dissapointed. His antecedents speaks ahead of him. I have never expected a failed former governor to succeed as president. Na winch?

SE - definately. Much was expected from them considering the numerous talents at their disposal. I am ashamed.

Phcn/ police.- not surprise. It has always been like that.

Networks - not dissapointed.these guys are in business to make profit.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Aringarosa(m): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2011
@OP- As par GEJ , Wetin you wan make I tell you? Did you not know of his history in Bayelsa? Do you think he would change overnight? Nigerians were the ones that were deceiving and disappointing themselves, hoping to squeeze water from a rock. Now they are paying for their actions and 'tribalism' and they still don't want to take responsibility.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by efisher(m): 5:24am On Dec 15, 2011
PHCN
Reason: it is the only one that has never recorded any form of success till date. It is Nigeria's biggest and longest lasting headache.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by MyloXyloto: 9:24am On Dec 15, 2011
Nigeria's greatest disappointment is You.[/b]I am choosing you because in your list, you have only the name of one individual. What happened to all the other leaders we've had?

I expected a reasonable list to choose from and you disappointed me. [b]So you are Nigeria's greatest disappointment
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Lasinoh: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2011
None.
Reason?
Disappointment is a compliment.
We need another criterion. kiss

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Tittos: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ all the way, I had confidence in that guy,
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by omo9ja1(m): 11:46am On Dec 15, 2011
I saw this on facebook
my answer remain same
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]
all of the above sad
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by omar22(m): 11:46am On Dec 15, 2011
When the leader is acting like a Looney, what chance does the rest have!
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by omo9ja1(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2011
Wow!

GEJ - leading in the poll (Disappointment)

happy fresh air
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by StEdwin(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ is not a disappointment!!! If by any chance he's is doing a better job! U don't expect the ills of over 40yrs to be corrected in just 2-3years! I doubt even if buhari was there if things would have changed much!!! Forget sentiments!!! He is going somewhere and I trust that he knows what he's doing!!1
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by StEdwin(m): 11:49am On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ is leading because we have pple who don't like his person! that's all!!!
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by elderbros(m): 11:54am On Dec 15, 2011

GEJ - nah not dissapointed. His antecedents speaks ahead of him. I have never expected a failed former governor to succeed as president. Na winch?
rolling on ma laptop keyboard,
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by queensmith: 11:57am On Dec 15, 2011
obasanjo- why was he not there?
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by alex406(m): 11:59am On Dec 15, 2011
Super Eagles and co are the worst nightmare we've had in this country in recent times afterall we are used to bad leadership than super eagles not going to nations cup,dream team not going to olympic,falcons same too.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 15, 2011
I'd say there is no correct answer to this per say because disappointment is both relative and subjective. However, I'd choose SE because unlike others on the list we know that they can do the job, but why dont they? Jona is NOT disappointing because he's just being true to form, really it would have been disappointing if he were any better. NEPA is only disappointing in as far as when you're wathcing Spartacus and even that is for 30 seconds by the time your eyes adjust to the darkness it's fukck of. The Police, well only Britain would be disappointed. The Telecoms Coys, like someone said they in it for the money. So, I'd go with SE, not with the likes of Jay Jay et al, year after year after year, just when you think one Siasia is going to perform a miracle we get our dreams difigured. Well, there it is.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by SUKURU(m): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2011
Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail, i believe that GEJ Known what he is doing,
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
I'm no GEJ supporter but I wonder why he's on that list. His tenure so far may be disppointing but it does not qualify him as the greatest disapointment in Nigeria. I hope this poll's a joke.

Nigeria's greatest disappointment is PDP.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by orrain: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2011
My bros & Sis infact we need to pray 4 our president GEJ is disappoint is in CAPITAL LETTER.

my answer is a
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by moderattor: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2011
MyloXyloto:

Nigeria's greatest disappointment is You.[/b]I am choosing you because in your list, you have only the name of one individual. What happened to all the other leaders we've had?

I expected a reasonable list to choose from and you disappointed me. [b]So you are Nigeria's greatest disappointment
exactly.
The poster is a bad belle.
St. Edwin:

GEJ is not a disappointment!!! If by any chance he's is doing a better job! U don't expect the ills of over 40yrs to be corrected in just 2-3years! [b]I doubt even if buhari was there if things would have changed much!!! [/b]Forget sentiments!!! He is going somewhere and I trust that he knows what he's doing!!1
guy buhari disrupted our democracy by military coup
but God pulled him out ASAP in 1983.
We have seen that monster before.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2011
I have always wondered how many insufferable Nigerians proceeded to vote for GEJ and not PDP - if there was ever an oxymoron in a contradiction - this is it.

He has never been a performer and in a Nation replete with incompetent, stagnant and utterly corrupt leadership from Political to Religious- it is no wonder we are the way we are.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by StEdwin(m): 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2011
The moderator needs an overdose of rat poison cos even the survey is wrong! How can u equate GEJ with other parameters like SE, NPF and co, Those are groups and government parastatals respectively!!!
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by crackhouse(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2011
St. Edwin:

GEJ is not a disappointment!!! If by any chance he's is doing a better job! U don't expect the ills of over 40yrs to be corrected in just 2-3years! I doubt even if buhari was there if things would have changed much!!! Forget sentiments!!! He is going somewhere and I trust that he knows what he's doing!!1
so u are saying he needs over 4oyrs too to correct the ills of over 40yrs. O.k ooh, he can have it if he wish.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2011
tyson55:

a).Goodluck Jonathan

b).Super Eagles &co.

c).PHCN{nepa}

d).NEtworks{mtn,GLo&co}

e).Nigerian Police force

YOU DIDN'T INCLUDE CORE NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!
COS JTHEY ARE THE MAIN PROBLEM IN NIGERIA
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by StEdwin(m): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
crackhouse:

so u are saying he needs over 4oyrs too to correct the ills of over 40yrs. O.k ooh, he can have it if he wish.

Is that all u could decipher from my comment? I never said we should give him 40yrs, ! He just needs time and we got to be patient ans support him!
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by kpozite(m): 12:42pm On Dec 15, 2011
people are so myopic that they fail to look beyond their noses that is why I think GEJ made it to this list, here you have to consider the  effort of leaders before him. if you do that I think you will rate him high. why the hell is telecommunication networks on the list. foolish there I think, but I just find it diffcult trying to determine who is a worse flop between PHCN, Police and Super Eagle. Birds of a feather I think each good at his function SPOIL.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Kx: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
Tittos:

GEJ all the way, I had confidence in that guy,

Certainly. Confident that he will win a poll of this nature grin
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by ImaIma1(f): 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ seems like a clueless person, someone who just stumbled on d position dt he is not ready for.

even though a president cnt do much to repair d country in dis little time, at least some policies that cld benefit d masses would be in motion.

wht were the first things GEJ discussed whn he came into power?longer term? is dt a pressing issue? wht pressing issue hs he tackled?

some governors that hv bn making a diff in their states, putting things in place despite d failure of their past governors.

GEJ is slow and that, is disappointing.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by shfizle(m): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan is not in my opinion.
NIGERIANS are the greatest disappointment to Nigeria. In the year people changed their rulers themselves, demanded for change in government policy successfully or simply made their voices heard - Egypt, Libya, Bahrain, Occupy protests in the West, Syria still on after 9 months, Russia heating up on Putin. We had our chance to change the ruling class, WITHOUT VIOLENCE in the polls. All we had to do was vote en masse to send the ruling party scrambling out. Rigging would have been ineffective for PDP if only they voted for themselves. Even if two new parties had the votes, they would have formed an alliance. They would also be wary of the people who collectively voted them in since they would have the power to throw them out.
But we allowed ourselves to be manipulated by the sponsored media (TV, radio, print, Beaf et al) with petty sentiments like religion, tribe, military this or that, the most appalling and belittling being a campaign based on GROWING UP WITHOUT SHOES!!!!! I still fail to comprehend how that makes one THE RIGHT PERSON TO RULE A NATION OF OVER 150million, a presidential candidate who couldn’t even attend a debate!!!! At the end of the day we voted the party that messed us up for years, the same party we all loathed just 3 months before elections. Even if the guy was competent, did anyone believe he would be able to do anything without influence from the rotten party?
Now they’re sitting comfortably, so they’ll push anything at our doorsteps- new plate numbers, subsidy removal, tenure elongation, power degeneration, illiterate first lady etc.; more on the way though. WHY? Because they know we are fickle, easily manipulated and nothing they do will bring a response from us. Election time (3 long years mind you) they will come with another catchy phrase like FRESH AIR and we’ll all drool at them again.

WHATEVER WE GET, WE DESERVE COS WE HAD OUR CHANCE. FRESH AIR ALLDAY, BABY!!!! grin grin grin

NB: Sorry for my long epistle, please do replace “WE” with “YOU” and “OUR” with “YOUR” in the post. Thanx a bunch grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by jerryben12: 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
tyson55:

a).Goodluck Jonathan

b).Super Eagles &co.

c).PHCN{nepa}

d).NEtworks{mtn,GLo&co}

e).Nigerian Police

All the politicans are disappointments.
Re: Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2011
shfizle:

Goodluck Jonathan is not in my opinion.
NIGERIANS are the greatest disappointment to Nigeria. In the year people changed their rulers themselves, demanded for change in government policy successfully or simply made their voices heard - Egypt, Libya, Bahrain, Occupy protests in the West, Syria still on after 9 months, Russia heating up on Putin. We had our chance to change the ruling class, WITHOUT VIOLENCE in the polls. All we had to do was vote en masse to send the ruling party scrambling out. Rigging would have been ineffective for PDP if only they voted for themselves. Even if two new parties had the votes, they would have formed an alliance. They would also be wary of the people who collectively voted them in since they would have the power to throw them out.
But we allowed ourselves to be manipulated by the sponsored media (TV, radio, print, Beaf et al) with petty sentiments like religion, tribe, military this or that, the most appalling and belittling being a campaign based on GROWING UP WITHOUT SHOES!!!!! I still fail to comprehend how that makes one THE RIGHT PERSON TO RULE A NATION OF OVER 150million, a presidential candidate who couldn’t even attend a debate!!!! At the end of the day we voted the party that messed us up for years, the same party we all loathed just 3 months before elections. Even if the guy was competent, did anyone believe he would be able to do anything without influence from the rotten party?
Now they’re sitting comfortably, so they’ll push anything at our doorsteps- new plate numbers, subsidy removal, tenure elongation, power degeneration, illiterate first lady etc.; more on the way though. WHY? Because they know we are fickle, easily manipulated and nothing they do will bring a response from us. Election time (3 long years mind you) they will come with another catchy phrase like FRESH AIR and we’ll all drool at them again.

WHATEVER WE GET, WE DESERVE COS WE HAD OUR CHANCE. FRESH AIR ALLDAY, BABY!!!! grin grin grin

NB: Sorry for my long epistle, please do replace “WE” with “YOU” and “OUR” with “YOUR” in the post. Thanx a bunch grin grin grin grin

I second that, Nigerians are the greatest disappointment. We are docile and lazy, always quick to go and scream to God so he can come down and do our work for us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! / Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi / African Union Presents Letter of Endorsement to IgbereTV Awards (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.