Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Nigeria History Makers In Pictures - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria History Makers In Pictures (85435 Views)

Soldiers Nab Bomb Makers In Gombe (see What They Recovered) / I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan / Great Leaders In Nigeria's History Before Total Colonisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by abbk000: 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
More on the Slave abolition agreement

Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by baby124: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
Funmi Kuti, madam tinubu, aunty ayo, what about madam Tejuosho? These women are legends, and real business women. Strong and hardworking.

Nice to see a pic of Bode Thomas, swagger ti poju. cheesy

Why is sijuade's belly so big?

That Ogunkanmi was a very strapping young man. The physique and everything on point. Too bad he got paralyzed.

Boro, ruggedly handsome. True rebel with a cause.
Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by Quaritch(m): 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kudos to abbk00 shadrack and others, lets keep it clean with enough back story to explain the pictures
I'm glad you all love the thread, as they say, a picture paints a thousand words grin
Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
baby_123: Funmi Kuti, madam tinubu, aunty ayo, what about madam Tejuosho? These women are legends, and real business women. Strong and hardworking.

Nice to see a pic of Bode Thomas, swagger ti poju. cheesy

Why is sijuade's belly so big?

That Ogunkanmi was a very strapping young man. The physique and everything on point. Too bad he got paralyzed.

Boro, ruggedly handsome. True rebel with a cause.

@ the bolded - that's what I keep telling these young black pseudo-feministic whor.es who think African women were slaves to their husbands back in the day...

At least, the Yoruba culture gave women equal rights and we also worship feminine gods...

Yoruba women have been running things from early and they never needed a messed up western ideology to do that...

God bless these cultured, traditional, and independent female go-getters of the past...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by Quaritch(m): 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogoni activist Ken Saro-Wiwa in 1993, two years before he was executed by the Nigerian government. Photograph: Greenpeace/AFP

I am a man of peace, of ideas appalled by the denigrating Poverty of my people, who live on richly, endowed land, distressed by their political marginalisation and economic strangulation; angered by the devastation of their land, their intimate heritage, anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every ethnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization, I have devoted all my intellectual and material resource; my very life to a cause in which I have total belief and from which I cannot be blackmailed or intimidated.

I have no doubt at all about the ultimate success of my cause no matter the trials and tribulations, which I and those who believe with me may encounter on our journey. Neither imprisonment nor death can stop our ultimate victory.
-Ken Saro Wiwa-

When death came in Port Harcourt prison in 1995, Ken Saro Wiwa, graduate of the University of Ibadan had some words to those who were putting the black shroud over his face: "You can kill the messenger, you cannot kill the message, you cannot kill the message." The world still remembers the messenger and the message!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by shadrach77: 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
reminiscence cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by Quaritch(m): 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2013
Gen. Ironsi's first address to the nation. January 1966.

Sitting L-R: Lt. Col. Hassan Katsina, Lt. Col. Emeka Ojukwu, Lt. Col. David Ejoor, Commodore JEA Wey, Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon.

Standing: Air Force ADC Lt. Andrew Nwankwo
(He was with Ironsi when he was killed but escaped at the urging of Ironsi's Army ADC Lt. Sani Bello with whom he had a pact to save each other's life depending on which section of the nation conducted the next coup after the January 1966 coup)

Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by Liberal2020: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Quaritch: Major Sanni Abacha and Maryam after their wedding in 1969

Very beautiful couple. Can't believe this is Abacha. Very handsome young man!
Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by Quaritch(m): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
Oliver de Coque was a master in appearing exentric on his covers.
How do you like this 1980 version of his majesty, complete with
feather- duster and crown, shining like a new crowned king.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_7v8CSr9_K3Q/S1ou7G5nZXI/AAAAAAAACLk/VhQwV5i1x_A/s400/Oliver+de+Coque.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by baby124: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
Where is Grace Alele- Williams
Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by Quaritch(m): 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
Do you know 'Sweet_Mother' was one of the biggest African hit?
By Prince Nico Mbarga's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA

Re: Nigeria History Makers In Pictures by Desola(f): 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Visits Bourdillon Street In Lagos - See Photos / Soldiers Invade, Burn Bilabiri Ekeremor Bayelsa Over Killing Of 4 Naval Officers / Dino Melaye Vs Smart Adeyemi: Results Of Kogi West Senatorial Rerun - Daily Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.